Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    His mum.
    No idea why i decided this was a spoiler. Or why i thought it was worth even mentioning. I guess i just found the quest hilarious at the time
    Oh, well that's kind of the joke. The Manderville family is ALWAYS in super saiyan mode, lol.

CAR MOUNT arrived ?!?!?!
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    CAR MOUNT arrived ?!?!?!
    Ya need a bunch of tickets to get it but it’s there. Another fun crossover event
    Wow should do these, like you help a marine take out Zerg or something, fight a Diablo or what not for a crossover fun thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ya need a bunch of tickets to get it but it’s there. Another fun crossover event
    Still can't believe that the Goblin Hot Rod still hasn't been made into a permanent mount yet.

Wow should do these, like you help a marine take out Zerg or something, fight a Diablo or what not for a crossover fun thing.
    If a single Zerg made it onto Azeroth, the entire world would be doomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Yep 200k MGP. Batman would be proud of you, if you get it.
    Also, for those who don't know, 200k MGP is pretty easy to get. You get thousands of easy MGP just doing your Gold Saucer challenge log. And then you get a lot for very little effort just by AFKing in the Gold Saucer and doing the events that happen every 20 minutes, which nets you anywhere between 5k MGP (Cliffhanger, jumping puzzle, the shooter ride) to 12k (Is the Slice Right).

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    yeah i know, I bought it and still got 1M MGP left. Just didn't know it was up. Weird that there was no indication about this event.

Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-09-14 at 07:44 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Ive had two whole days playing the game sober (for a change). I like drunk gaming, sue me.

Anyways, it came at the best time to do it. I got to help the dwarves, and then see some epic rock thing, then play with emet selch.

Here's what i love about the game. I love... i'll err on the side of caution and put it in spoiler tags though still try and keep it vague enough so you might only understand when you arrive there (end of 5.0): I love that following the important events, it gave me time to sit with my thoughts and melancholia. It didnt just give me a quest with an npc giving me a quick speech and telling me to pick myself up. It gave me space to process events, think about them, think about my role in them, think about obvious parallels, and just feel certain feelings. It let me dwell on them for just long enough to not become self-pitying.
    Then we got a fun moment with the King and a big old monster and we were back on the adventure/discovery part of the story. Not the fighting and cutting through waves of enemies in retribution. But finding information, making connections and learning new things. And then we took a giant elevator down into the most perfect zone.

Its that sense of mental space the game gives you to fully inhabit the role of your character that i love so much about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Ive had two whole days playing the game sober (for a change). I like drunk gaming, sue me.
    LOL, this explains a lot about why you have so many questions all the time. No judging, just saying it makes sense now. Was always curious why certain details seemed to have been missed and your thoughts went in certain directions, but in an inebriated state I know some things will go unnoticed, go over your head or if certain things were missed before because you were in a similar state of mind, just not make any sense at all.

As long as you're having fun and enjoying yourself, go for it, lol.

yeah i know, I bought it and still got 1M MGP left. Just didn't know it was up. Weird that there was no indication about this event
    Are there some quests required for it? I went to the ironworks vendor, who should have the mount. But he wasn't a vendor for me, and just said he'll have some stuff to sell in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    LOL, this explains a lot about why you have so many questions all the time. No judging, just saying it makes sense now. Was always curious why certain details seemed to have been missed and your thoughts went in certain directions, but in an inebriated state I know some things will go unnoticed, go over your head or if certain things were missed before because you were in a similar state of mind, just not make any sense at all.

I also like to drink a beer, glass of wine or so later on in the evening while playing - though not really getting drunk. MSQ roulette is more relaxed that way.

However, during home office, the time I'm least focused by far is directly after work. Yesterday I jumped into the first trial of SB at that time as a healer, and damn I was terrible. First try, I died due to a fail and got rezzed. Later, one dd died (and I insta rezzed him), and a few seconds later the other healer. I was so overwhelmed by trying to rezz him as well and keeping everyone alive. At some point, it was just the two tanks and myself, and people were writing in the chat "Healer LB! healer LB!". Now, the fun thing was, I never used LB on a healer. Till that point, it was strictly for DDs to finish off bosses. It was nowhere on my action bars. So, while trying to stay alive and keeping the tanks alive, I was opening my spellbook and searching for it. Obviously, in my tired state I didn't find it in time and we wiped. We even had a second wipe, because of an overlap of stacking and then spreading due to stuff on the ground. I failed again (in addition to the other healer and 2 dds, one of which the only other guy with a rezz), so nobody could rezz us. At least everyone else was super chill about it, and one person even meant that it's kinda normal for healers to go through the LB issue once, as they usually never use it... until they have to. Still I felt super bad after being partly responsible for the two wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Are there some quests required for it? I went to the ironworks vendor, who should have the mount. But he wasn't a vendor for me, and just said he'll have some stuff to sell in the future.

I also like to drink a beer, glass of wine or so later on in the evening while playing - though not really getting drunk. MSQ roulette is more relaxed that way.

However, during home office, the time I'm least focused by far is directly after work. Yesterday I jumped into the first trial of SB at that time as a healer, and damn I was terrible. First try, I died due to a fail and got rezzed. Later, one dd died (and I insta rezzed him), and a few seconds later the other healer. I was so overwhelmed by trying to rezz him as well and keeping everyone alive. At some point, it was just the two tanks and myself, and people were writing in the chat "Healer LB! healer LB!". Now, the fun thing was, I never used LB on a healer. Till that point, it was strictly for DDs to finish off bosses. It was nowhere on my action bars. So, while trying to stay alive and keeping the tanks alive, I was opening my spellbook and searching for it. Obviously, in my tired state I didn't find it in time and we wiped. We even had a second wipe, because of an overlap of stacking and then spreading due to stuff on the ground. I failed again (in addition to the other healer and 2 dds, one of which the only other guy with a rezz), so nobody could rezz us. At least everyone else was super chill about it, and one person even meant that it's kinda normal for healers to go through the LB issue once, as they usually never use it... until they have to. Still I felt super bad after being partly responsible for the two wipes.
    Yeah, the LB thing is something everyone goes through once. Even DDs, they just go through it WAY earlier.

Always try and find a place to put it on your bars, because you never know if/when you'll need it.

Can we stop using the term wow redugee. It is super derogetory, as someone who has played both I can safely say their are a lot of things that wow clearly does better. A couple of things ff14 slightly does well, but it is not this wonderful oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Can we stop using the term wow redugee. It is super derogetory, as someone who has played both I can safely say their are a lot of things that wow clearly does better. A couple of things ff14 slightly does well, but it is not this wonderful oasis.
    At the time the thread was made, the title made perfect sense in context as there were a LOT of players coming over from WoW. It was never intended to be literal, and was a tongue in cheek kind of joke. No one is saying it's perfect or some kind of oasis or that it's better than WoW.

Yeah, the LB thing is something everyone goes through once. Even DDs, they just go through it WAY earlier.

Always try and find a place to put it on your bars, because you never know if/when you'll need it.
    Aye, the difference being, the DD one does not cause a wipe or save from a wipe in most circumstances. It just makes stuff go down a bit faster. I just remember a single one in the Nabraxus? Nahalex? some Ascian with N in the front (spoiler about ARR patch content) fight, as we were too long in the other phase, and no DD used LB on the add to end the phase faster.

I already had it quite early on on my bars on the DDs, as I saw a meme about it once and read it up. However, the game does a terrible job (i.e. none at all) introducing it, and explaining what it does in which role. Now it's on one of my shared bars with all jobs, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Still can't believe that the Goblin Hot Rod still hasn't been made into a permanent mount yet.

If a single Zerg made it onto Azeroth, the entire world would be doomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for those who don't know, 200k MGP is pretty easy to get. You get thousands of easy MGP just doing your Gold Saucer challenge log. And then you get a lot for very little effort just by AFKing in the Gold Saucer and doing the events that happen every 20 minutes, which nets you anywhere between 5k MGP (Cliffhanger, jumping puzzle, the shooter ride) to 12k (Is the Slice Right).
    Their was a video on what would happen if creatures/characters from other blizz IPs crossed over. Sc2 was last. A lvl 1 mage would completelt stop zerg, protoss and terran. The diablo characters would be a threat since they are divine creatures but any character like Jaina or Thrall would basically stomp them. Wow in general has the most powerful characrers.

- - - Updated - - -

At the time the thread was made, the title made perfect sense in context as there were a LOT of players coming over from WoW. It was never intended to be literal, and was a tongue in cheek kind of joke. No one is saying it's perfect or some kind of oasis or that it's better than WoW.
    Not that many people even left. This thing like their was a mass exodus was never a thing. As someone who plays both wow still has way more players, it is not even close. The only people who lefy were streamer fanboys following people who make up less than 1% of the playerbase.

Yes, there is quest in uldah. Search in google how to start it cause its quite complicated.

Also when it comes to "wow refugees", most of the time when i speak with sprouts its like this:

1- me
    2- other guy

Yes, there was mass exodus, half of people i met are sprouts. Try talking to them and ask where they come from.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Not that many people even left. This thing like their was a mass exodus was never a thing. As someone who plays both wow still has way more players, it is not even close. The only people who lefy were streamer fanboys following people who make up less than 1% of the playerbase.
    Whether a lot of people actually left or not isn't really the narrative, it was simply that WoW was having a rough patch, there was a huge influx of people into FFXIV and a lot of streamers that covered WoW were covering FFXIV during that particular time frame (and some still are).

It was only ever expected to be a transient thing and it happens all the time.

The term "WoW Refugee" is not ever intended to be literal, it's a joke, because WoW has been around for so long the idea that people leave it to go somewhere else (either permanently or temporarily) is just...normal.

Yes, there is quest in uldah. Search in google how to start it cause its quite complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    If you haven't done the quest look for someone called Kipih Jakkya at the Steps of Nald in Ul’Dah and I believe there's a requirement of being at least 50 and having cleared the 2.0 story (clearing Praetorium), and the quest is called "The Man in Black."
    Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll check it out. I should still have enough points to get the mount, as well.

[e] To add something to the thread, not to go completely off topic:
    Car mounts...
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2021-09-14 at 06:43 PM.

From what I've seen, yes a lot of WoW players jumped ship to FFXIV, but not all of them. The people who made up WoW's original demographic from Vanilla through Wrath - people who liked the progression and the social aspects of the game - almost certainly didn't jump ship because FFXIV isn't a replacement for that game. It's a replacement for retail, which they hate. That original playerbase is more likely to either jump to Classic, private servers, or drop out of MMO entirely. That last part is pretty big. It's important to remember that WoW used to be humongous in the mainstream. You had Chuck Norris advertising the game and the South Park episode. Many people who never played video games wound up playing WoW, and only WoW. So when they checked out of WoW, they didn't move to alternative games. They just quit gaming altogether. And that original playergroup is far, far larger than the playerbase that plays retail WoW today (12 million people at WoW's height during Wrath vs maybe 2 million people still playing retail today).

The modern retail WoW demographic is more likely to jump ship to FFXIV, as FFXIV is very similar to retail WoW (it's mostly a play by yourself game and a lobby simulator with loot treadmill, is a content based game not a social focused one). However, there are again other options for those players than FFXIV. You have ESO and GW2. You also have WoW private servers that offer some of retail's experience but with improved systems. Etc. You also have to remember that WoW's fandom is overall older than FFXIV's and has very, very different tastes. Just look at all of the "but FFXIV is an anime game" responses.

From what I've seen, the FFXIV playerbase overblows the "WoW exodus". The FFXIV fandom is an echochamber, younger, and has a lot of crossover with the anime fandom (which has always had an inferiority complex). I go on to forums or reddit or XIV generals on 4chan and people are always talking about WoW. Meanwhile, I go to WoW forums or the WoW subreddit or the WoW general on 4chan, and people hardly ever talk about FFXIV. Maybe a few people bring up things in FFXIV they wish WoW would do, or some people say that they want suggestions for alternatives to WoW, but for the most part you don't see a lot of people saying "I'm going to jump ship to FFXIV!"

Yesterday I jumped into the first trial of SB at that time as a healer, and damn I was terrible.
    Feeling this right now. CNJ is the last job I had to get to 30, so I queue up for random (healer needed) roulette hoping for something easy. I get Ifrit. More healing intensive than I wanted, but fairly sure I can manage it. Then I get a massive lag spike. -_- Standing there casting and casting, nothing happening. Great, I'm going to come back to a wipe. I don't know how much time passed, but when everything 'caught up' the tank and BLM were dead and the RDM was kiting Ifrit. Okay, well, maybe this is salvageable - except that yours truly completely forgot about Swiftcast and kept trying and failing to hard cast Raise. -_-

I'm managing to keep myself and the RDM up because RDM is an absolute boss in this encounter, BLM reminds me I have Swiftcast and then...! I res the BLM instead of the tank by accident. *sigh* BLM says res the tank, except I can't, Swiftcast already burned and Raise has such a ridiculously long cast time I can't stand in any one place in the arena long enough to manage it. BLM dies again so I'm like, F it, guess we're 2-manning this. Which we did. RDM was thrilled and gave me a commendation. :P

Ugh, I still feel bad. Not much I could do about the lag spike, but what a disaster of a recover even though we managed it in the end.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

Don't feel dispirited. Whm goes on this weird oscillation in difficulty. 1-30 its fine. 31-49 it gets really hairy at times. Then all 50 content is an absolute doddle (thanks medica 2). After that it gets comfortably chill for a while in heavensward right the way through stormblood. As you start getting lilies and incorporating them into your main heal, you can literally heal forever. The problem thereafter is really the challenge of the encounters themselves. I noticed that from castrum fluminis, the mechanics start getting trickier and as a healer you kind of need to be on top of them first (because more often than not if you're down, and theres no one there to res you, its a wipe), so its not so much ever the healing in itself that's the hard part. Its the dodging all the shit going off around you and not getting caught in a one shot/two tick/overlap mechanic.

Oh, and also begging y'shtola and alisaie to not just run out of the first mechanic, but also the second overlapping one. If yshtola starts hard casting a spell, theres a damn good chance she's gonna finish it. This was a nightmare in the first boss in Amaurot. The two of them had a real knack for blowing each other up. Anyway, im ranting. Good job on getting through it. Im going through healer ptsd at the moment so i guess my hopeful message got lost in the lifestream.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, sorry, yeah. I try to make mention of it as much as possible without implying im an alchoholic (its almost always only days when i dont need to teach/go in to work (weekends/public hols)), it just so happens that august is the summer holidays, so theres been more of it than usual). That way everyone can just ignore it and assume the worst That being said, its chuseok next monday-wednesday (and all my classes were cancelled today and tomorrow (school event)). So dont expect it'll let up this week. Also im finally double vaccinated which means i can finally go back to the gym after chuseok (its been a year and a half), that may temper the annoying amount of free time i have after work and clear my head again from these terrible habits. (:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, at the time i started the thread there really werent that many people switching to ff14 (well, comparatively - it was still the 'underdog' game at the very start of its hype train). It was pre the asmongold surge. Also it only really came into existence because there were really only two threads at the time with any real traction: The megathread and the what do you not like about the game? thread. And i felt like the megathread was really for people already established in the game, whilst the other one was deliberately negative.

On top of this, after posting the thread, i IMMEDIATELY regretted even mentioning the word WOW in the title. It constantly starts thread derailments (exactly like this) where we all have to talk about ff14 in relation to wow. I think ive apologised for this at least 3 or 4 times already in the thread. (:
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-15 at 09:41 AM.

People seem more not sure of the words to use, open? Friendly? Whatever, .. have had more people just come up and do random fun stuff with me in the few weeks I been leveling than the past years on wow. Be it teasing my cat dude calling him cat daddy to stopping me after turning in a quest and playing the berserk song cause I had a big sword XD
    It’s is rather fun I have to say and interaction like it are something I miss.