Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah i just finished base story of ShadowBRINGERS (do not confuse with lands) and holy cow its REALLY DAMN GOOD, story is 9/10, dungeons are way more cool and fun.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Shadowbringers is going to be peak FFXIV I think. I have high hopes for Endwalker but I don't think it's possible to top that story, especially when your villains are Zenos and Fandaniel.

I just finished the 1st act in shadowbringers, and after finished the first dungeon, holy shit that was awesome, story is great

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Shadowbringers is going to be peak FFXIV I think. I have high hopes for Endwalker but I don't think it's possible to top that story, especially when your villains are Zenos and Fandaniel.
    One of them is fine, his battle maniac act works for the most part. I'm not sure about the crazy clown act of the other though. That could be grating really fast.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Heres the thing i love about the game: it sets up characters with all their cliche mannerisms. Then gives you a dialogue choice to mess with them based on said cliche. For reference im in 5.5 and fucking with estinian for some reason or other. It feels good.

ETA: I put it in spoiler brackets for the heavensward people.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-23 at 01:06 PM.

I like:

The community.

The jobs.

The combat.

The fate system.

The story.

No real factions. Factions suck. Do not divide friends.

I dislike:

The queues. This is the biggest flaw about this game.

Being totally confused on which quests to do once you reach a certain point where it says "you got to finish this quest line." Be more specific, like WoW.. I never got lost there?

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirtz View Post
    I like:

The community.

The jobs.

The combat.

The fate system.

The story.

No real factions. Factions suck. Do not divide friends.

I dislike:

The queues. This is the biggest flaw about this game.

Being totally confused on which quests to do once you reach a certain point where it says "you got to finish this quest line." Be more specific, like WoW.. I never got lost there?
    it doesnt really need to be more specific. no brown "side quests" are necessary (blues unlock different types of content) so any warning like that basically means you arent ahead enough in the MSQ. If you do the MSQ you'll eventually run into the necessary quest to unlock it.

I was very pleasantly surprised to log in and start leveling post-expansion launch, only to discover that my DRG actually felt better to play than he did pre-launch. I guess for some reason I was expecting it to be like modern WoW, where you start off an expansion feeling weaker than before due to losing your Haste/set bonuses/trinkets/expansion gimmicks.

Man, i love this plenery indulgence quest... (whm stormblood). Id skipped it because (a) i didnt know it was even a thing. and (b) the reward is probably decent i suppose, but its kind of up there with aquaveil. I mean, yes, it makes me better in high level content, but i still dont have space for rescue (is it... 4 on my keybinds). Look, i suck as a whm. I am basic as shit. Im not sure where PI and aquaveile are fitting into this without a ctrl+ modifier. And im not at that point in my life where im willing to use a ctrl+ modifier. Either you fit into the qwrtgvcxza234(mb4) schemata (plus shift for double power) or youre dropped. I dont even know (please tell me if theres a way) how to bind my shift mw up/down. Because if i can, id be so happy...).

Point is, hooray!? I get a new ability i dont need for the content i do. Should i play a reworked summoner or reaper t avoid button bloat? No! Thats not the point of this. The point is that seeing sylphie again was such a treat. What an adorable and easily skippable quest chain... how fun it is playing through this!... Vicariously through sylphie i get to teach her (through gatty trying to control her powers just as she once did all the way back in arr), composure, fortitude and wisd...

Game... Who hurt you? What the fuck is wrong with you?

(ps: The sockpuppetry on these forums is getting out of hand).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2022-02-18 at 05:42 AM.

Made me appreciate wow

I've finished the MSQ, but I consider myself a noob still since I have cleared very little sidecontent otherwise and am now leveling gatherers & crafters. Naturally, I love the story. Shadowbringers and Endwalker in particular were a treat.

From a broad gameplay side of the conversation. I like that you can just do what you want whenever you want to.

So far, I also think the rotations feel more rewarding. You finish a combo and unleash a more powerful attack, I dig that. I'm also getting into housing stuff, and it's addicting.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Man, i love this plenery indulgence quest... (whm stormblood). Id skipped it because (a) i didnt know it was even a thing. and (b) the reward is probably decent i suppose, but its kind of up there with aquaveil. I mean, yes, it makes me better in high level content, but i still dont have space for rescue (is it... 4 on my keybinds). Look, i suck as a whm. I am basic as shit. Im not sure where PI and aquaveile are fitting into this without a ctrl+ modifier. And im not at that point in my life where im willing to use a ctrl+ modifier. Either you fit into the qwrtgvcxza234(mb4) schemata (plus shift for double power) or youre dropped. I dont even know (please tell me if theres a way) how to bind my shift mw up/down. Because if i can, id be so happy...).

Point is, hooray!? I get a new ability i dont need for the content i do. Should i play a reworked summoner or reaper t avoid button bloat? No! Thats not the point of this. The point is that seeing sylphie again was such a treat. What an adorable and easily skippable quest chain... how fun it is playing through this!... Vicariously through sylphie i get to teach her (through gatty trying to control her powers just as she once did all the way back in arr), composure, fortitude and wisd...

Game... Who hurt you? What the fuck is wrong with you?

(ps: The sockpuppetry on these forums is getting out of hand).
    MMO mice changed my world. Considering there are a great multitude of brands out of different sizes and weights it's also kind of hard to complain that there "isn't one that fits my hand" any more. You can add shift and alt multipliers to the 12 buttons as well, it just adds infinitely more flexibility to MMO play. Especially FFXIV where there's a lot of utility skills that aren't necessary, but make you a god at your class if you can use them well.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

As someone who went from hardcore player in WoW to Casual, I am enjoying the aspect of being in a foreign world, different archetypes that aren't exclusively D&D based, and especially the community.

Entering a dungeon for MSQ and having people greet everyone and me being able to say "Hey, first time here. Besides not standing in bad stuff, is there any mechanics I should be aware of?" and people being kind enough to not say watch youtube or vote kick me is a huge +++, but to actually explain if there mechanics is awesome!
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Nothing, i quit the game at level 66.
    Couldn't stand the look any longer.
    Queue Times in Dezember helped me quiting.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIVuseryo View Post
    Made me appreciate wow
    Even though I did not go back to Warcraft and do not plan to within the foreseeable future, I oddly agree with this statement. FF14 was just not for me, just wish I didn't waste my time getting to Endwalker before I stopped telling myself "Well, it's suppose to get good at some point, right?".

Quote Originally Posted by kuhntasmash View Post
    Even though I did not go back to Warcraft and do not plan to within the foreseeable future, I oddly agree with this statement. FF14 was just not for me, just wish I didn't waste my time getting to Endwalker before I stopped telling myself "Well, it's suppose to get good at some point, right?".
    Curious what you were looking for.

I'm enjoying the freedom to choose what I want to do in the game without feeling like I'm missing out on important power gains.

I'm also enjoying not feeling like I MUST do this content or it'll never come back again, most collaborations/events do make a return after their run.
    Last edited by AntenoraDK; 2022-06-07 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    Curious about what level you got to before making that decision.

Any FFXIV player will tell you ARR is the slog and the game picks up pace once you get into Heavensward which is completely true.
    He says he got to end walker.

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    Any FFXIV player will tell you ARR is the slog and the game picks up pace once you get into Heavensward which is completely true.
    Weirdly, I didn't have much of an issue with ARR - although I would say that, looking back with hindsight, it was probably the least cohesive of FF14's various story arcs, but then that makes sense as it's sort of the intro to the world and has a lot of B-plots going on before the MSQ really picks up. HW and onward are more centrally focused on the MSQ with the B-plots in support of it, more or less; whereas ARR was trying harder to create a sense of a living, dynamic world that could sometimes come across as a bit muddled.

Fortunately, I like exploration and discovering new things as part of the leveling process - although, like with WoW, it's generally only something I do once, with subsequent playthroughs favoring efficiency and speed over exploration.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Weirdly, I didn't have much of an issue with ARR - although I would say that, looking back with hindsight, it was probably the least cohesive of FF14's various story arcs, but then that makes sense as it's sort of the intro to the world and has a lot of B-plots going on before the MSQ really picks up. HW and onward are more centrally focused on the MSQ with the B-plots in support of it, more or less; whereas ARR was trying harder to create a sense of a living, dynamic world that could sometimes come across as a bit muddled.

Fortunately, I like exploration and discovering new things as part of the leveling process - although, like with WoW, it's generally only something I do once, with subsequent playthroughs favoring efficiency and speed over exploration.
    I liked ARR much better than stormblood, so yeah...

my order of preference would be shadowbrinder > endwalker > heavensward > ARR > stormblood, but I know I'm not the average player in my tastes haha