Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There has never been a single dungeon in WoW where I wasn't immediately kicked from the group when I said I was new.
    Lmao I see you post this shit all over this site as if your personal (probably imaginary) anecdotes are some kind of actual data. I mean, let's forget the part where you can't even be votekicked for a period of time post the dungeon starting, let's forget that just because you're new doesn't mean you can't do some pre-reading or watch some videos before you assume other people should be forced to drag you through things you've never done before - why don't you find other "new" players and play with them?

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao I see you post this shit all over this site as if your personal (probably imaginary) anecdotes are some kind of actual data. I mean, let's forget the part where you can't even be votekicked for a period of time post the dungeon starting, let's forget that just because you're new doesn't mean you can't do some pre-reading or watch some videos before you assume other people should be forced to drag you through things you've never done before - why don't you find other "new" players and play with them?
    You can vote kick a person 5 minutes after a dungeon starts. And sometimes you can IMMEDIATELY vote kick a person from a group. It's kind of fucking arbitrary. If you're going to kick a person from matchmade activity because they say they're new, you're toxic. Plain and simple. This isn't mythic dungeons or raids. This is fucking LFD content. But thank you further proving my point.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You can vote kick a person 5 minutes after a dungeon starts. And sometimes you can IMMEDIATELY vote kick a person from a group. It's kind of fucking arbitrary. If you're going to kick a person from matchmade activity because they say they're new, you're toxic. Plain and simple. This isn't mythic dungeons or raids. This is fucking LFD content. But thank you further proving my point.
    Tbh I literally just don't believe your claim that you've been kicked "every time". Regardless, if it's LFD content then you literally don't even need to speak so you can get carried through it anyway and eventually no longer be "new" and understand what's happening.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Tbh I literally just don't believe your claim that you've been kicked "every time". Regardless, if it's LFD content then you literally don't even need to speak so you can get carried through it anyway and eventually no longer be "new" and understand what's happening.
    The point I'm making is that if you say anything in chat that indicates you're new, WoW players will kick you. In FFXIV, if you say you're new people will actively help you.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The point I'm making is that if you say anything in chat that indicates you're new, WoW players will kick you. In FFXIV, if you say you're new people will actively help you.
    You know what, this person isn't wrong. I remember in BFA I joined a warfront. I noticed when I joined that it was basically over, so I jokingly and excitely said "yay I qued into one almost over, must be my lucky day" Not even joking, I was removed 10 seconds later and then got "lol" whispers. People think it's funny in wow, I can't even count the amount of times I was kicked from islands for no reason at all or because I wasn't doing what the 2 people WANTED me to do. Imagine defending that, imagine, "Well you got kicked cause you didn't wanna play the game the way others wanted you to".
    I've also been kicked from lfr's because I just came back to the game and wanted to do lfr to learn the fights and have been kicked for saying "Haven't done this before, i've looked it up but I still may make some mistakes"

    FFXIV? never, i've never once been kicked or anything. There's also no damage meters(allowed) so the toxic level in groups is pretty non existent. If you kick someone for no reason you will get suspended. SE has done a pretty awesome job at keeping their game toxic free to the best of their ability. Everyone's also pretty friendly, the mentors are useless beyond belief and are a joke. But regular people are really nice and helpfuly

  6. #166
    ARR MSQ was a 5/10 for me

    Heavensward MSQ is a 9.9/10 for me

    So far, the story has become really great and interesting (minus the quests after heavensward and before stormblood, they were boring on ARR, they are boring now)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The point I'm making is that if you say anything in chat that indicates you're new, WoW players will kick you. In FFXIV, if you say you're new people will actively help you.
    The game rewards you for helping new players, GL getting something like that on WoW

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    You know what, this person isn't wrong. I remember in BFA I joined a warfront. I noticed when I joined that it was basically over, so I jokingly and excitely said "yay I qued into one almost over, must be my lucky day" Not even joking, I was removed 10 seconds later and then got "lol" whispers. People think it's funny in wow, I can't even count the amount of times I was kicked from islands for no reason at all or because I wasn't doing what the 2 people WANTED me to do. Imagine defending that, imagine, "Well you got kicked cause you didn't wanna play the game the way others wanted you to".
    I've also been kicked from lfr's because I just came back to the game and wanted to do lfr to learn the fights and have been kicked for saying "Haven't done this before, i've looked it up but I still may make some mistakes"

    FFXIV? never, i've never once been kicked or anything. There's also no damage meters(allowed) so the toxic level in groups is pretty non existent. If you kick someone for no reason you will get suspended. SE has done a pretty awesome job at keeping their game toxic free to the best of their ability. Everyone's also pretty friendly, the mentors are useless beyond belief and are a joke. But regular people are really nice and helpfuly
    Yup, exactly. I've noticed that in Warfronts too. Like...I don't get it at all. People in WoW just love to treat people like utter trash. And like Leyre said, people are helpful in FFXIV. Both because being toxic gets you banned and because you are actively rewarded through the Mentor system when you help people. The Mentor system COULD be better but I've gotten help from them more often than not, honestly. I can see why you would see the mentor system that way though because sometimes there's people in there and I'm like "Why are you even here?"

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The point I'm making is that if you say anything in chat that indicates you're new, WoW players will kick you. In FFXIV, if you say you're new people will actively help you.
    And the point I'm making is that you and other people who come to this forum to complain about WoW and praise FFXIV bringing up random, totally unverifiable anecdotes as your only comment on "community" is boring, and it isn't an argument. I have never once been kicked from anything in my time playing WoW for saying I was "new". There are probably literal millions of people in the same boat but they don't come to online forums to talk about it because it's not relevant.

    Consider how many random dungeon groups are running in WoW at any one point in time - assuming you're being honest, even if it has literally happened to you one hundred times it's not statistically significant whatsoever.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    And the point I'm making is that you and other people who come to this forum to complain about WoW and praise FFXIV bringing up random, totally unverifiable anecdotes as your only comment on "community" is boring, and it isn't an argument. I have never once been kicked from anything in my time playing WoW for saying I was "new". There are probably literal millions of people in the same boat but they don't come to online forums to talk about it because it's not relevant.

    Consider how many random dungeon groups are running in WoW at any one point in time - assuming you're being honest, even if it has literally happened to you one hundred times it's not statistically significant whatsoever.
    Except there's plenty people in this thread who have experienced the same things. I guess THEY are all wrong too though. I don't believe you AT ALL that you've never been kicked from matchmade activity. But if you need to lie in order to make WoW look better then sure.

    The fact that it happens AT ALL is the problem. People in WoW will kick you for the smallest reasons and then whisper you to laugh about it. If you kick someone from a matchmade activity and laugh at them in whispers in FFXIV, you're likely getting hit with a suspension because that's griefing. WoW pretty much encourages griefing considering how seldom Blizzard actually takes action against griefers.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There has never been a single dungeon in WoW where I wasn't immediately kicked from the group when I said I was new.
    I've known people who in start zones mention they were new and get told to "get the fuck off the game." in whispers in wow. Hell even today the mentor channel has become a cesspool that's barely better than trade because people in wow think it is their job to be assholes.

    But remember according to our resident wow experts. Ffxiv is a totalitarianism simulator disguised as an mmo because you can't epeen wave and belittle others for not being perfect.

    I mean as games I love both wow and ffxiv. But if there's one thing I hate it's the wow community outside of rp realms.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2021-06-13 at 05:24 AM.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I've known people who in start zones mention they were new and get told to "get the fuck off the game." in whispers in wow. Hell even today the mentor channel has become a cesspool that's barely better than trade because people in wow think it is their job to be assholes.
    Oh but apparently since a couple of people haven't seen it happen, that means it never happens. It blows my mind the lengths people will go to avoid saying anything negative about WoW.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    i... i, well, being someone called out for being overprotective in these very forums... i get that. I also kinda struggle to connect with the ff14 reddit community. If i hit the right note, im showered with upvotes. If i dont... well, its dispiriting.
    I just read up to here and I have to comment. The reddit is mostly shit-tier. I could put a simple question on there and it gets downvoted for no reason. Garbage reddit community. The actual people in-game are much better, from my experience. Don't play on a raider server, if you're having trouble with the community. It's probably that.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Oh but apparently since a couple of people haven't seen it happen, that means it never happens. It blows my mind the lengths people will go to avoid saying anything negative about WoW.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they're the ones instigating the kicks. Because heaven forbid that rage fire casm dungeon takes 17 minutes and not 14 because new person is learning and isn't in full heirlooms.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they're the ones instigating the kicks. Because heaven forbid that rage fire casm dungeon takes 17 minutes and not 14 because new person is learning and isn't in full heirlooms.
    They probably are, tbh. They also likely talk shit about FFXIV because they were super nasty to people in game and got hit with a ban for it.

  15. #175
    Enjoying the freedom that comes with the job system a lot, got my Gunbreaker as a main and have been enjoying playing astro, RDM and samurai in various bits of content.
    finished making my first resistance weapon too, while grindy it felt extremely rewarding when finishing it. other than that i love the heck out of triple triad , just 50 cards away from a complete deck now

    also managed to get my hands on a large house in shirogane like a proper weeb, so i've been spending way too much time and Gil doing housing content.
    Last edited by Fus Ro Yay; 2021-06-13 at 07:04 AM.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I doubt people asked for BLU as limited job and Dancer as boring physical ranged DPS with some "support" (that "support" being low potency heal and small damage buff at the cost of personal DPS). I also doubt people wanted dancer more than e.g. Necromancer, Geomancer or Chemist. Hrothgar are little more than roegadyn with 4 cat heads and were probably quickly slapped together to somewhat mitigate obvious shitshow with gender-locked races. Ishgard housing should've come with Heavensward, but they've managed to promise it in Shadowbringers and delay until way after Endwalker release. Same thing with Viera headgear, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
    That's why we have game designers. If players got everything they asked for games would be horrible since players don't make good game designers.
    A proper game designer takes what players ask for and mold it in to something that's feasible, something that fits and something that works.
    Blue Mage for example had to work in a particular way due to past FF titles, but if they had made it a regular job it would've been so overpowered that all other jobs would've been redundant. Instead of scrapping the idea they made a compromise where they could give the players what they wanted, but it couldn't be used in current content and mess up the job balance.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Except there's plenty people in this thread who have experienced the same things. I guess THEY are all wrong too though. I don't believe you AT ALL that you've never been kicked from matchmade activity. But if you need to lie in order to make WoW look better then sure.
    Ahh yes of course, your anecdote > my anecdote because I must be lying. I'm glad you finally identified the problem with this weak-ass attempt at an argument.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's why we have game designers. If players got everything they asked for games would be horrible since players don't make good game designers.
    A proper game designer takes what players ask for and mold it in to something that's feasible, something that fits and something that works.
    Blue Mage for example had to work in a particular way due to past FF titles, but if they had made it a regular job it would've been so overpowered that all other jobs would've been redundant. Instead of scrapping the idea they made a compromise where they could give the players what they wanted, but it couldn't be used in current content and mess up the job balance.
    The only class fantasy for blue mage is that they use monster spells that could have been acquired in job quests. Even adding stuff like Bad Breath would have hardly mattered as bosses are immune to statuses and they could have given it long cooldown to make it adequate for dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Oh but apparently since a couple of people haven't seen it happen, that means it never happens. It blows my mind the lengths people will go to avoid saying anything negative about WoW.
    Same goes for XIV, like when people claim that no one tells tanks to wall-to-wall pull.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Ahh yes of course, your anecdote > my anecdote because I must be lying. I'm glad you finally identified the problem with this weak-ass attempt at an argument.
    I didn't identify anything. It's pretty well known that the people who run LFD in WoW are toxic and enjoy kicking people out of groups for the smallest things. The only thing you proved was that you're part of that toxic example.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Same goes for XIV, like when people claim that no one tells tanks to wall-to-wall pull.
    I never said it never happens unlike Nzx's claim about WoW. I said I have personally never seen it in all of my time playing FFXIV. So if it does happen, it's likely incredibly rare.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •