Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I don't hate the game and I don't think that Blizzard listens to players in any significant capacity, my only argument was that SE isn't much better. Most of dev appreciation posts don't even give any proper reasons besides SE adopting community memes, which isn't surprising considering that Koji Fox is memelord and the game is already ridden with stupid references and random jokes (like fat cat's flavour text describing it as eldritch abomination).
    Well a lot of people appreciate that after years of dealing with corporate asshats who don't even look like gamers.

As for examples of the devs listening to the playerbase and that relating to new content or features: most of the new jobs added are fan favorites that have been asked for a long time. Gunbreaker, Blue Mage and Dancer being the biggest ones. While their inclusion opened several cans of worms, Viera have been requested since Heavensward and so were a Hrothgar like beastial race. Ishgard housing was also asked for since 3.0 and we are getting it. There was no dev time to implement old world flying, but the devs did work on it in their free time because they knew the players would want it. Similar to the headgear that work on Viera. That was something they did in their free time. For us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    *wow refugees and general noobies to the game.
    Tomorrow, it'll be 1 year since I installed FF after getting fed up with WoW (and EvE - but that's another story).

Suffice to stay, I'm still there and having fun! I particularly enjoy how crafting is implemented and how a huge number of side activities are available (some of them I haven't touched yet). A special mention goes to some communities and small things that WoW severely lacks (housing & bards among them) and that breath more life into the game.

What I hate (still): healers meta and crap netcode, both of which are manageable. White Mage was my first love in FF and I'm still rocking it now.

Overall, this game and its community got me through the pandemic, and that's nothing to sneeze at, either.
    Last edited by Tomana; 2021-06-12 at 05:18 PM.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    As for examples of the devs listening to the playerbase and that relating to new content or features: most of the new jobs added are fan favorites that have been asked for a long time. Gunbreaker, Blue Mage and Dancer being the biggest ones. While their inclusion opened several cans of worms, Viera have been requested since Heavensward and so were a Hrothgar like beastial race. Ishgard housing was also asked for since 3.0 and we are getting it. There was no dev time to implement old world flying, but the devs did work on it in their free time because they knew the players would want it. Similar to the headgear that work on Viera. That was something they did in their free time. For us.
    I doubt people asked for BLU as limited job and Dancer as boring physical ranged DPS with some "support" (that "support" being low potency heal and small damage buff at the cost of personal DPS). I also doubt people wanted dancer more than e.g. Necromancer, Geomancer or Chemist. Hrothgar are little more than roegadyn with 4 cat heads and were probably quickly slapped together to somewhat mitigate obvious shitshow with gender-locked races. Ishgard housing should've come with Heavensward, but they've managed to promise it in Shadowbringers and delay until way after Endwalker release. Same thing with Viera headgear, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I wouldn't call myself a wow refugee, given that I haven't seriously played WoW since Wotlk, just expansion logged.

The visuals:
    I'm not and have never been a fan of the more silly anime stuff like moogles cactaurs and so on but i find the player characters one of the better looking/feeling ones in the mmo space, fairly realistic and proportioned and nice looking and well animated (as someone who prefers to play the sexiest female characters available) and the visual quality of the gear actually looking like you put on clothes/armor and not just reskin your chest with a different texture and nothing i have put on has made me look like a clown yet even if it's mishmash of different styles. I have found if i can't like/connect with my character in a mmo then not much else matters.

The story:
    Not really the story itself, but rather it's presentation through dialog and many cutscenes where you the player characters actually exists, and the more focus on building characters and your relationship with them and in between them. You actually feel apart of the story and not just some rando that shows up and bonks the boss then dissapears from the narrative. Even if I have issues with the whole 'chosen one' in a mmorpg the way that it presented makes it feel more like an rpg with a mmo attached rather then the opposite that I haven't felt bothered by it.

Smaller things:
    Teleportation anywhere (that you unlocked) any time and no it doesn't make the world feel smaller
    No need for alts, your one character can do anything, all classes all professions, beyond more inventory (bank) slots and playing a different race (that is just cosmetic) there's no real point to making an alt
    Consistency, the game doesn't throw out the baby with the bathwater every 2 years, you don't run into neutered and gutted old systems like legions legendary weapons or the weird time inconsistencies introduced with cata>bc>wotlk
    Maxed out bagspace from the start
    Seperate gear inventories, that is also seperated by type of gear, madness
    You complete a zone and do minimal amount of extra side content and you can fly there
    A cuztomisable companion for overworld content that you get very early and is relevant through the rest of the game.

I have finished HW and barely started stormblood.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything.

FF14 is what WoW used to be during BC and Wrath. You have plenty of content to play, not just a fucking patch.
    Professions matter and they are the most detailed ever.

You have multiple forms of end game, you can completely ignore raiding if you please.

It is very ,very obvious that they do care about players above all else... hence the game´s success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In the only parts of the games where the concept of "being behind" is relevant, the games are very similar.
    The difference being that the whole of WoW is designed around those "parts," whereas it's a more broad focus with FFXIV.
    Last edited by draugril; 2021-06-12 at 05:59 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I doubt people asked for BLU as limited job and Dancer as boring physical ranged DPS with some "support" (that "support" being low potency heal and small damage buff at the cost of personal DPS). I also doubt people wanted dancer more than e.g. Necromancer, Geomancer or Chemist. Hrothgar are little more than roegadyn with 4 cat heads and were probably quickly slapped together to somewhat mitigate obvious shitshow with gender-locked races. Ishgard housing should've come with Heavensward, but they've managed to promise it in Shadowbringers and delay until way after Endwalker release. Same thing with Viera headgear, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
    Honestly I understand less and less why you are even here.

While people did not ask for limited jobs, because the concept didn't exist yet, I have found just as many people glad it is a limited job than people who don't like it. You see it can have instant death spells and other stupidly broken stuff. Hell, I have seen people requesting more limited jobs.

And I'm fairly certain Dancer was requested more than Necromancer. Dancer is a recurring job while Necro only showed up in the GBA version of of FFV as a bonus job.

Anyway, farewell. I grow tired of your pathetic attempts to stirr up shit so don't bother replying. I will not respond further.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

I remember the roller coaster of community response about BLU at first.

But now it seems like everyone is pretty happy with the concept. It's a neat idea, and could be expanded on even more in the future.
    I wouldn't say everyone. There are still people who would rather see it as a regular job. But many like it being a broken class and appreciate that it pushed more people into the open world. Personally if they do another limited job, I want it to be gambler. Consider how RNG is important to class fantasy there is no way it would work as a regular job. But wether they will do one will probably based on how well Blue Mage does. And like I said, there are plenty on both sides of the argument.

It's not really about victim card, I just feel that adding unprovable conditions to your question is unfair and any answer could easily be dismissed by saying "oh, yeah, Yoshi-P said that, but it's not like vast majority asked for it, just some niche part of the playerbase". The ones I've named at least had no vocal opposition, there are popular requests like reducing combos to one button with updating skill similar to how PvP already does that. Maybe most people actually love sitting in the middle of cutscene when duty finder gives you an option to enter dungeon, but you entered queue on different job and your only options are either skipping cutscene (not quitting it and allowing you to watch it later like you do when you enter DF party on your current job, just skipping) or declining invitation. Maybe different ingame windows randomly blocking each other is really popular in the playerbase.

His team was working on improving 1.0 while making ARR and apparently people really enjoyed the game in the final versions. It was still very different from FFXIV ARR onwards that concentrated on copying almost every aspect of WotLK endgame. With some work on UI and some other QoL things 1.0 might have had its' niche for people who prefer slower and methodical gameplay.

By the way, I haven't played retail WoW since 2017, so you don't have to redirect conversation to Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently you weren't big enough fan to know the difference between artist Akihiko Yoshida and game producer Naoki Yoshida.
    My bad. I thought Ivalice team was involved because it looked similar. Now I see this is Dragon Quest Monster Yoshida and not FFT Yoshida. Thanks for pointing that out.

Why does the game reminds me of FFXII then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    My bad. I thought Ivalice team was involved because it looked similar. Now I see this is Dragon Quest Yoshida and not FFT Yoshida. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think Akihiko Yoshida did work on FFXIV in the beginning (along with many other FFXII staff members), but overall character design was done by another guy, though I think they still somewhat retain Yoshida's style.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    My bad. I thought Ivalice team was involved because it looked similar. Now I see this is Dragon Quest Monster Yoshida and not FFT Yoshida. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanalan looks a lot like Dalmasca and the Giza Plains from FFXII. Ul'dah shares some of the same Islamic architectural aesthetics as Rabanastre, though Rabanastre influences are mainly Moorish. Ala Mhigo (a kingdom from Stormblood) has a lot of the same Moorish aesthetics as Rabanastre, which is rather ironic because FFXIV also has its own version of Rabanstre, albeit on the other side of the continent (so you have two kingdoms with Moorish architectural styles that grew up in complete isolation from each other on different sides of the same continent? What? Imagine going to Asia and finding German castles. That's how weird it is).

Now that I think about it, Bozja also has Moorish architectural elements.

- - - Updated - - -

And then we're going to Thavnair in the next expansion, which appears to have a mix of Islamic and Indian aesthetics. Hm... seems like Islamic architectural styles are pretty popular in recent Square Enix games. The Last Remnant also had a lot of cities using that architectural style too (the cities of Athlum and Balterossa, and maybe a little bit of Underwalt).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    1. That is a subjective point, been in 100s of nice dungeon runs with people that are new and there was no toxicity
    2. How isnt WoW Casual friendly exactly?
    3. How exactly? because you need to craft leggos and level Sanctum for the extra conduits? they're really minor anyways and you can just start like that. Also every MMO has chores, guarantee you theres a few in FFXIV as well
    4. Subjective but i hear this is at least mostly true lol
    There has never been a single dungeon in WoW where I wasn't immediately kicked from the group when I said I was new.

Yeah. It's nice.

Many things make this game fun, a small thing i noticed which turned into something major for me was well 2 things... 1 i could literally jump off a cliff regardless of the height and not die when landing! the other thing that turned out to be bigger than i thought was that i would literally NEVER GET DAZED while mounting and exploring areas! omg who knew something so small would make my exploration so much more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There has never been a single dungeon in WoW where I wasn't immediately kicked from the group when I said I was new.
    Lmao I see you post this shit all over this site as if your personal (probably imaginary) anecdotes are some kind of actual data. I mean, let's forget the part where you can't even be votekicked for a period of time post the dungeon starting, let's forget that just because you're new doesn't mean you can't do some pre-reading or watch some videos before you assume other people should be forced to drag you through things you've never done before - why don't you find other "new" players and play with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao I see you post this shit all over this site as if your personal (probably imaginary) anecdotes are some kind of actual data. I mean, let's forget the part where you can't even be votekicked for a period of time post the dungeon starting, let's forget that just because you're new doesn't mean you can't do some pre-reading or watch some videos before you assume other people should be forced to drag you through things you've never done before - why don't you find other "new" players and play with them?
    You can vote kick a person 5 minutes after a dungeon starts. And sometimes you can IMMEDIATELY vote kick a person from a group. It's kind of fucking arbitrary. If you're going to kick a person from matchmade activity because they say they're new, you're toxic. Plain and simple. This isn't mythic dungeons or raids. This is fucking LFD content. But thank you further proving my point.

You can vote kick a person 5 minutes after a dungeon starts. And sometimes you can IMMEDIATELY vote kick a person from a group. It's kind of fucking arbitrary. If you're going to kick a person from matchmade activity because they say they're new, you're toxic. Plain and simple. This isn't mythic dungeons or raids. This is fucking LFD content. But thank you further proving my point.
    Tbh I literally just don't believe your claim that you've been kicked "every time". Regardless, if it's LFD content then you literally don't even need to speak so you can get carried through it anyway and eventually no longer be "new" and understand what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Tbh I literally just don't believe your claim that you've been kicked "every time". Regardless, if it's LFD content then you literally don't even need to speak so you can get carried through it anyway and eventually no longer be "new" and understand what's happening.
    The point I'm making is that if you say anything in chat that indicates you're new, WoW players will kick you. In FFXIV, if you say you're new people will actively help you.

The point I'm making is that if you say anything in chat that indicates you're new, WoW players will kick you. In FFXIV, if you say you're new people will actively help you.
    You know what, this person isn't wrong. I remember in BFA I joined a warfront. I noticed when I joined that it was basically over, so I jokingly and excitely said "yay I qued into one almost over, must be my lucky day" Not even joking, I was removed 10 seconds later and then got "lol" whispers. People think it's funny in wow, I can't even count the amount of times I was kicked from islands for no reason at all or because I wasn't doing what the 2 people WANTED me to do. Imagine defending that, imagine, "Well you got kicked cause you didn't wanna play the game the way others wanted you to".
    I've also been kicked from lfr's because I just came back to the game and wanted to do lfr to learn the fights and have been kicked for saying "Haven't done this before, i've looked it up but I still may make some mistakes"

FFXIV? never, i've never once been kicked or anything. There's also no damage meters(allowed) so the toxic level in groups is pretty non existent. If you kick someone for no reason you will get suspended. SE has done a pretty awesome job at keeping their game toxic free to the best of their ability. Everyone's also pretty friendly, the mentors are useless beyond belief and are a joke. But regular people are really nice and helpfuly

ARR MSQ was a 5/10 for me

Heavensward MSQ is a 9.9/10 for me

So far, the story has become really great and interesting (minus the quests after heavensward and before stormblood, they were boring on ARR, they are boring now)

- - - Updated - - -

The game rewards you for helping new players, GL getting something like that on WoW