Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You groups have been an exception then. Because there are more people in this thread agreeing that people in WoW kick people for the smallest reasons than people saying it doesn't happen.
    Or don't believe what people tell you. It's quite common to see people claiming that FFXIV is just as toxic as WoW or more ridiculously that WoW isn't at all toxic. People lie to prevent their game from losing players.

We're starting to see some biased "reviews" of FFXIV pop up from hardcore WoW content creators where they're obviously trying to keep their community away from the game.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2021-06-15 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Or don't believe what people tell you. It's quite common to see people claiming that FFXIV is just as toxic as WoW or more ridiculously that WoW isn't at all toxic. People lie to prevent their game from losing players.

We're starting to see some biased "reviews" of FFXIV pop up from hardcore WoW content creators where they're obviously trying to keep their community away from the game.
    Yup. So true. Hardcore WoW players are so salty that WoW is dying that they're trying to make FFXIV sound worse in some hopes more people will come back to WoW. Thankfully, most people have a mind of their own and don't believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I mean you can, just don't parade the fact that you're using them... provided of course that what you're looking for exists yet.
    The only options I've seen from people I know that RP is for like....profiles put into a certain website. It's not that big of a deal but it's one more step that WoW doesn't have.

The more i keep playing with my alt, the more i notice how fucking much blizz dropped the ball with timewalking and dungeons in general, as someone who absolutely despised dungeons, thanks to the pre-order earring and the road to 70 buff im just spamming dungeons non-stop between questing and fates (bought the MSQ skip because im NOT doing it again lulz) and im having fun doing it, this actually makes me want to make even more alts to try the different races rather than having all jobs on 1 class

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    ff14 does have mandatory raiding though.
    if you want to continue the MSQ, you are required to beat certain trials.
    if you call bosses dieing in 40-50 seconds mandatory, like the arr alliance raids, mandatory, sure?

Most other trials can be 2-3 manned, I think the hardest mandatory bosses are probably the warring triad

That said, how the game teaches you mechanics through indicators and class specific quests is pure genius, I think the only raid I regularly wipe in roulette is A9

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I'm assuming I never got to that, my first character is only level 59, but that sounds like a pretty blatant oversight. I'll have to watch out for it.
    You don't have to watch out, every expansion before current is finish the X.0 story, buy BiS gear with Poetics, forget about ilvl requirements for all the patch content. It only gets weird when you get to endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    people are leaving because we've had a content drought so yeah its quite normal for people to leave but like always when a new patch comes out numbers blow up. gotta remember that cali has higher restrictions in place than japan atm so yeah it is causing development issues
    Yes, WoW has always experienced boom and bust. But people are staying for less time during the booms and the busts are growing more serious, losing more people than ever. Some people will come back for 9.1, but a lot have said they're done with WoW and not coming back, and FFXIV is their game now. Others will play 9.1 for a month, get tired, and go back to FFXIV. That's not a healthy way to maintain a game.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Another thing too is that WoW commonly locks story behind higher difficulties. In MoP, you never found out about Ra-den (whose lore had huge implications on the Titan-Legion story going forward) unless you raided on Heroic. You missed the last vision of the Garrosh fight if you weren't raiding on heroic. In WoD, you missed the Cho'gall and the end of his character arc completely if you weren't raiding mythic. And so on. Key parts of the story are locked behind timegates and difficulty gates that only 1% of the playerbase will ever experience: the rest have to get the subpar experience of reading typed up summaries or watching a youtube video, rather than experiencing it for themselves. FFXIV doesn't do that.
    Also WoW removes entire sections of content.

See mage tower

Green fire

Legendary Questlines such as the ring and cloak.

Challenge modes

All removed unless there at the time and I am sure many many other things as well.

Meanwhile in FFXIV bar seasonal events most everything is obtainable even years later(and even event items just in the cash shop)
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2021-06-16 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also WoW removes entire sections of content.

See mage tower

Green fire

Legendary Questlines such as the ring and cloak.

Challenge modes

All removed unless there at the time and I am sure many many other things as well.

Meanwhile in FFXIV bar seasonal events most everything is obtainable even years later(and even event items just in the cash shop)
    Removed green fire? Did there used to be more?

Cuz I just got my Warlock green fire in SL.

The fact that people are not as obsessed with these "streamers" as they are in WoW. In WoW, it's to the point where many people stopped thinking for themselves and wait for these plebs with webcams who panhandle for money to tell them what they should feel or like. It's very strange.

I can actually have a conversation here without someone replying "According to Amsoglod, the correct way is..."

I think im currently sat around 365 ilvl. Just finished the Navel (hard) trial in heavensward (so... 3.4ish?). Whm level is 70. Story level is 60. Just popped to the AH and shelled out some Gil for a level 70 set (figured it'd carry me through the dungeons and trials in stormblood for the most part - 270K gil well spent!). I dont think that Tsukuyomi block really exists if it only requires 335. I anticipate i'll hit level 80 way before stormblood finishes the main campaign (or at latest 4.2ish), and that likely gives me access to some heavy duty gear on the market place long before i even reach the ilvl check.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You groups have been an exception then. Because there are more people in this thread agreeing that people in WoW kick people for the smallest reasons than people saying it doesn't happen.
    been playing since vanilla, i have rarely experienced that issue. i doubt the legitimacy of those claims until i actually see them happening. i have never kicked someone for being bad unless they just completely do not listen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Yes, WoW has always experienced boom and bust. But people are staying for less time during the booms and the busts are growing more serious, losing more people than ever. Some people will come back for 9.1, but a lot have said they're done with WoW and not coming back, and FFXIV is their game now. Others will play 9.1 for a month, get tired, and go back to FFXIV. That's not a healthy way to maintain a game.
    people have said "other games are our game now" for forever. this is nothing new lol though waiting this long for a .1 patch is definitely unprecedented thats for sure. i get the frustration though im just taking a break in the meantime and chilling while i wait. i played FFXIV in the past and it was just way to slow and boring for me to really play it......plus i wanted something like Fury and it didn't exist lol

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    been playing since vanilla, i have rarely experienced that issue. i doubt the legitimacy of those claims until i actually see them happening. i have never kicked someone for being bad unless they just completely do not listen
    If everyone in the room says that something stinks, and you don't smell anything, guess what the smell is.

people have said "other games are our game now" for forever. this is nothing new lol though waiting this long for a .1 patch is definitely unprecedented thats for sure. i get the frustration though im just taking a break in the meantime and chilling while i wait. i played FFXIV in the past and it was just way to slow and boring for me to really play it......plus i wanted something like Fury and it didn't exist lol
    Doesn't sound like you really played it very much. Sounds like you are comparing FF early game to WoW endgame.
    Last edited by NineSpine; 2021-06-16 at 01:48 PM.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Sure, i didnt know what the poetics were for when i first started getting them. The game didnt really explain it. But, most people will probably get curious eventually and figure it out (or, if they have experienced friends, theyll probs be told). Have faith! Theres a lot to take in for a newly dinged level 50. But they have a massive post arr quest series to get a handle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If everyone in the room says that something stinks, and you don't smell anything, guess what the smell is.

Doesn't sound like you really played it very much. Sounds like you are comparing FF early game to WoW endgame.
    does it matter if its FF early game? if i have to slog through boring stuff for days before i get to something i enjoy more then what is the point? at least WoW i enjoy it all the way through.

and not everyone in the room is saying that. you're assuming they are. USUALLY in my experience, the most vocal community in WoW are usually the smallest in all reality.

then there are also many people scared to even run instanced content (probably with good reason but whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Sure, i didnt know what the poetics were for when i first started getting them. The game didnt really explain it. But, most people will probably get curious eventually and figure it out (or, if they have experienced friends, theyll probs be told). Have faith! Theres a lot to take in for a newly dinged level 50. But they have a massive post arr quest series to get a handle on it.
    Well, at worst, people will google on how to improve their gear or ask others and will be told how the poetic stones work and where the gear is, once they reach a roadblock and don't want to spend their gil on higher item level. If one doesn't know about that and reaches a roadblock, they probably capped on 2k poetics already.
    In general, the game doesn't really explain any currencies.
    If you get/want currencies, they kinda seem to expect you to figure out where you get them from and where to use them. Wasn't that long ago when i started the gatherers and crafters and was like "where the hell do i get these yellow/white scrips from?!" until i read it's from delivery quests and collectables, because the game sure as hell didn't tell me anything

I just like the change of pace. I've been subscribed with WoW since launch and playing since stress testing back in 2004. I have every CE. I've poured a lot of my heart and soul into the game and I'm very saddened to see how, lately, it can be both great and terrible at once. The raid encounter design is pretty top notch. The narrative is interesting overall, some hits and misses, but overall good. It's the gameplay that gets me. I love playing my classes, but I don't love doing tasks in the game.

Abilities are pretty fun and feel snappy, movement is good... but the overload of systems and currencies seeping into every aspect of Shadowlands has done me in. Covenant abilities were OK. Soulbinds and conduits are meh. The Maw is a good idea on the surface and the Eye of the Jailer ramped up the tension, which made the stakes feel higher... but then Torghast has become a grind and a bore. And I'm collecting stygia, phantasma (that goes away), neat ability augments (that go away), renown, rep, infused rubies and sinstone fragments feel pointless, soul ash, freed souls, anima, stuff for the Ember Court...

FF14 is just me being an adventurer and going around helping people with their problems. Yeah, yeah, I saved a big tree in Gridania or whatever, that was fine as an overall quest, but I also enjoy just going about, killing things, finding my quest objects and delivering them. It's a lot like WoW Classic but with a very shiny coat of paint. I'm told it gets very, very good after the Realm Reborn stuff, the gameplay and classes become more fun and the narrative is said to be great... so I have things to look forward to.

With WoW, lately, the only thing I'm looking forward to is the story development. And I can get the digest version of that from afar, without paying $15 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    I think im currently sat around 365 ilvl. Just finished the Navel (hard) trial in heavensward (so... 3.4ish?). Whm level is 70. Story level is 60. Just popped to the AH and shelled out some Gil for a level 70 set (figured it'd carry me through the dungeons and trials in stormblood for the most part - 270K gil well spent!). I dont think that Tsukuyomi block really exists if it only requires 335. I anticipate i'll hit level 80 way before stormblood finishes the main campaign (or at latest 4.2ish), and that likely gives me access to some heavy duty gear on the market place long before i even reach the ilvl check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yes, there are plenty of ways around the required item level (especially now that everything is cheaper!) but the point is that it's something a new player may not know (or have the money for!) and presents them with a block in the MSQ that isn't particularly intuitive.

Like I said, it's not that bad by any means, but it's an example of gear getting in the way of the story content.
    This^

It's not a big deal, it's just a dumb hurdle that gets in the way of progressing the story. Depending on how new you are, tomestone gear isn't something you've used before, and you've never had to buy gear from the Market Board to bridge some arbitrary ilevel gap the MSQ throws at you because the MSQ has equipped you with everything you've needed up to that point.

If the game pointed you to those things, or guided you, highlighted them as things you need to pay attention to as you were playing so that when you do hit that wall it's not as jarring it wouldn't even be an issue. But Tsukuyomi is by far the biggest offender of this as the ilevel jump is pretty big. As stated, it's not a HUGE issue, it's just annoying and disruptive to the overall immersion, especially given where you are when you're presented with the Tsukuyomi fight...."She's right in front of us in a tower I spent the last 30 minutes getting to, but I don't have the right gear so give me a few minutes so I can go buy new gear and come back to wipe the floor with her..."

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This^

It's not a big deal, it's just a dumb hurdle that gets in the way of progressing the story.
    That's one thing I will give Blizzard credit for... how they streamlined things to accommodate for years of expansions. Requiring new people to go through everything is just nuts. Yes, they can buy a skip but they miss out on tons of exp. With the new "Chrome Time" leveling, etc, it's much better. Be nice if this game did something similar so grinding other jobs is fun and not a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    That's one thing I will give Blizzard credit for... how they streamlined things to accommodate for years of expansions. Requiring new people to go through everything is just nuts. Yes, they can buy a skip but they miss out on tons of exp. With the new "Chrome Time" leveling, etc, it's much better. Be nice if this game did something similar so grinding other jobs is fun and not a chore.
    Supposedly, there's rumors that Endwalker will be the last time expansion that will require players to play through all previous content to experience the current content, but we'll see how that works out. Because the next expansion will be a fresh new story, it would make sense for new players to be able to skip right to it without slogging through 4 expansions worth of MSQ to get to the current stuff.

You're right, it's absolutely bonkers just how much content SE expects new players to slog through to get to the current content. As a story focused game, I completely understand it, but not everyone is a story fan and they should have better options besides paid skips to get through that. With that said though, the story skip boosts are really reasonably priced, as I said though it's kind of messed up players are forced to pay money to skip that stuff.