Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why are (end of 2.5 ARR and onwards) Y'shtola's eye's blue (rhetorical question, i suppose. But theyve gone from green, to grey, to blue... im sure its going to be explained... maybe its the same reason thancred has his neck tattoo again... with thancred i just went with assuming id imagined it), but ive just noticed her eyes, and they were definitely grey...).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-07 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Why are (end of 2.5 ARR and onwards) Y'shtola's eye's blue (rhetorical question, i suppose. But theyve gone from green, to grey, to blue... im sure its going to be explained... maybe its the same reason thancred has his neck tattoo again... with thancred i just went with assuming id imagined it), but ive just noticed her eyes, and they were definitely grey...).
    at the end cutscene of ARR, she uses that ancient magic spell to teleport everyone through the lifestream and is consequently blinded. She can still see Aether, but has lost conventional eyesight

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    at the end cutscene of ARR, she uses that ancient magic spell to teleport everyone through the lifestream and is consequently blinded. She can still see Aether, but has lost conventional eyesight
    yupyup, (shadowbringers spoilers in case youre not there yet) but now theyre blue (shadowbringers). That's the mystery :P
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-07 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    I'm going to nitpick because is actually wrong.

Lordaeron fell to the undead, yes.
    Dalaran fell to the Horde but was quickly rebuilt after (Siege of Dalaran, WC2).
    Dalaran survived and was wiped by Legion...
    Alterac fell due to defection to the Horde,
    That's a fair point... but it wasn't wiped out by the horde
    Theramore fell
    typcially I';d start with teh nations under teh alliance of 7 kingdoms... not a settlement that didn't get really set up till after the alliance dissolved.
    to Thrall's Horde with help of Jaina, while civilian lives and some military outpost survived the nation leader was killed and the city mostly razed so I count it as fallen. (WC3). Could count TWICE with Garrosh's Horde.
    you're already padding the count as it is
    Gilneas fell to the current Horde, even thought now its supposedly back under Alliance control (WoW Cataclysm)
    not supposedly it is, but the game world doesn't update properly outside of select quest chains. I think the rogue leggo dagger chain is the only post cata storyline for it
    Stormwind actually was the first to fall to the Horde and much of his recent history derives from this. (WC1)
    I woulnd't count it as fallen since it's the number one military power of the alliance and exceeding Lordaeron in it's prime...
    So 5/7. It wasn't exaggeration on his part.
    nice number when you include a nation not of the original 7

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm gonna nitpick your nitpick. Stormwind fell in Warcraft 1 to the Horde that Val mentioned.
    Fair... I was more meaning fell as in "fell and never came back and is now gone or stuck dependent on others"

Instead, if you want his reactions, just watch this series on youtube:
    Thank you for that. Ethys Asher is the only stream I can tolerate watching, he sticks to the MSQ and only comments/answers questions about lore.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

yupyup, (shadowbringers spoilers in case youre not there yet) but now theyre blue (shadowbringers). That's the mystery :P
    In which area's/ at what point time are they that color? You sure it's not just, a trick of the light, a reflection, shading or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    In which area's/ at what point time are they that color? You sure it's not just, a trick of the light, a reflection, shading or something?
    I took a screen shot because i had the exact same thought.

(see spoiler thread)

It certainly could be.

(damn, can only post the image directly if i dont use spoiler tags. I'll post it in the spoiler thread instead).

- - - Updated - - -

Ive put this off for two expansions... i just reached the end of the hildy quest in heavensward and my brain broke. (This is obviously a heavensward spoiler)

Why is she still in her super saiyan phase? Im dying trying to figure it out. literallly longest cutscene in game iver seen. If you wanna pee, do it before this cut scene
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-10 at 02:57 PM.

I think it would be easier to say what I don't like about the game. Most of it is absolutely amazing, especially if you are an FF fan beforehand and enjoy grand stories and in depth characters. However there are just a few very important aspects of the game that make it borderline depressing to play if you treat it like a "main game" MMO. Let's just say that 14 could take some aspects of WoW and merge it into 14 and become one of the greatest games of all time. I'm really not sure why they choose to stick to some of the absolutely archaic systems they have in 14.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Ive put this off for two expansions... i just reached the end of the hildy quest in heavensward and my brain broke. (This is obviously a heavensward spoiler)

Why is she still in her super saiyan phase? Im dying trying to figure it out. literallly longest cutscene in game iver seen. If you wanna pee, do it before this cut scene
    Who are you talking about?

His mum.
    No idea why i decided this was a spoiler. Or why i thought it was worth even mentioning. I guess i just found the quest hilarious at the time

The cross over stuff is super fun, just did the monster hunter world fight. Had a blast

His mum.
    No idea why i decided this was a spoiler. Or why i thought it was worth even mentioning. I guess i just found the quest hilarious at the time
    Oh, well that's kind of the joke. The Manderville family is ALWAYS in super saiyan mode, lol.

CAR MOUNT arrived ?!?!?!
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    CAR MOUNT arrived ?!?!?!
    Ya need a bunch of tickets to get it but it’s there. Another fun crossover event
    Wow should do these, like you help a marine take out Zerg or something, fight a Diablo or what not for a crossover fun thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ya need a bunch of tickets to get it but it’s there. Another fun crossover event
    Still can't believe that the Goblin Hot Rod still hasn't been made into a permanent mount yet.

Wow should do these, like you help a marine take out Zerg or something, fight a Diablo or what not for a crossover fun thing.
    If a single Zerg made it onto Azeroth, the entire world would be doomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Yep 200k MGP. Batman would be proud of you, if you get it.
    Also, for those who don't know, 200k MGP is pretty easy to get. You get thousands of easy MGP just doing your Gold Saucer challenge log. And then you get a lot for very little effort just by AFKing in the Gold Saucer and doing the events that happen every 20 minutes, which nets you anywhere between 5k MGP (Cliffhanger, jumping puzzle, the shooter ride) to 12k (Is the Slice Right).

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    yeah i know, I bought it and still got 1M MGP left. Just didn't know it was up. Weird that there was no indication about this event.

Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-09-14 at 07:44 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Ive had two whole days playing the game sober (for a change). I like drunk gaming, sue me.

Anyways, it came at the best time to do it. I got to help the dwarves, and then see some epic rock thing, then play with emet selch.

Here's what i love about the game. I love... i'll err on the side of caution and put it in spoiler tags though still try and keep it vague enough so you might only understand when you arrive there (end of 5.0): I love that following the important events, it gave me time to sit with my thoughts and melancholia. It didnt just give me a quest with an npc giving me a quick speech and telling me to pick myself up. It gave me space to process events, think about them, think about my role in them, think about obvious parallels, and just feel certain feelings. It let me dwell on them for just long enough to not become self-pitying.
    Then we got a fun moment with the King and a big old monster and we were back on the adventure/discovery part of the story. Not the fighting and cutting through waves of enemies in retribution. But finding information, making connections and learning new things. And then we took a giant elevator down into the most perfect zone.

Its that sense of mental space the game gives you to fully inhabit the role of your character that i love so much about the game.

Ive had two whole days playing the game sober (for a change). I like drunk gaming, sue me.
    LOL, this explains a lot about why you have so many questions all the time. No judging, just saying it makes sense now. Was always curious why certain details seemed to have been missed and your thoughts went in certain directions, but in an inebriated state I know some things will go unnoticed, go over your head or if certain things were missed before because you were in a similar state of mind, just not make any sense at all.

As long as you're having fun and enjoying yourself, go for it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    yeah i know, I bought it and still got 1M MGP left. Just didn't know it was up. Weird that there was no indication about this event
    Are there some quests required for it? I went to the ironworks vendor, who should have the mount. But he wasn't a vendor for me, and just said he'll have some stuff to sell in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    LOL, this explains a lot about why you have so many questions all the time. No judging, just saying it makes sense now. Was always curious why certain details seemed to have been missed and your thoughts went in certain directions, but in an inebriated state I know some things will go unnoticed, go over your head or if certain things were missed before because you were in a similar state of mind, just not make any sense at all.

As long as you're having fun and enjoying yourself, go for it, lol.
    I also like to drink a beer, glass of wine or so later on in the evening while playing - though not really getting drunk. MSQ roulette is more relaxed that way.

However, during home office, the time I'm least focused by far is directly after work. Yesterday I jumped into the first trial of SB at that time as a healer, and damn I was terrible. First try, I died due to a fail and got rezzed. Later, one dd died (and I insta rezzed him), and a few seconds later the other healer. I was so overwhelmed by trying to rezz him as well and keeping everyone alive. At some point, it was just the two tanks and myself, and people were writing in the chat "Healer LB! healer LB!". Now, the fun thing was, I never used LB on a healer. Till that point, it was strictly for DDs to finish off bosses. It was nowhere on my action bars. So, while trying to stay alive and keeping the tanks alive, I was opening my spellbook and searching for it. Obviously, in my tired state I didn't find it in time and we wiped. We even had a second wipe, because of an overlap of stacking and then spreading due to stuff on the ground. I failed again (in addition to the other healer and 2 dds, one of which the only other guy with a rezz), so nobody could rezz us. At least everyone else was super chill about it, and one person even meant that it's kinda normal for healers to go through the LB issue once, as they usually never use it... until they have to. Still I felt super bad after being partly responsible for the two wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Are there some quests required for it? I went to the ironworks vendor, who should have the mount. But he wasn't a vendor for me, and just said he'll have some stuff to sell in the future.

I also like to drink a beer, glass of wine or so later on in the evening while playing - though not really getting drunk. MSQ roulette is more relaxed that way.

However, during home office, the time I'm least focused by far is directly after work. Yesterday I jumped into the first trial of SB at that time as a healer, and damn I was terrible. First try, I died due to a fail and got rezzed. Later, one dd died (and I insta rezzed him), and a few seconds later the other healer. I was so overwhelmed by trying to rezz him as well and keeping everyone alive. At some point, it was just the two tanks and myself, and people were writing in the chat "Healer LB! healer LB!". Now, the fun thing was, I never used LB on a healer. Till that point, it was strictly for DDs to finish off bosses. It was nowhere on my action bars. So, while trying to stay alive and keeping the tanks alive, I was opening my spellbook and searching for it. Obviously, in my tired state I didn't find it in time and we wiped. We even had a second wipe, because of an overlap of stacking and then spreading due to stuff on the ground. I failed again (in addition to the other healer and 2 dds, one of which the only other guy with a rezz), so nobody could rezz us. At least everyone else was super chill about it, and one person even meant that it's kinda normal for healers to go through the LB issue once, as they usually never use it... until they have to. Still I felt super bad after being partly responsible for the two wipes.
    Yeah, the LB thing is something everyone goes through once. Even DDs, they just go through it WAY earlier.

Always try and find a place to put it on your bars, because you never know if/when you'll need it.