Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dungeon teleports enough of an incentive?

For those who pushed to KSM and then stopped there because there is no incentive to go higher, do you feel like these teleports are enough of an incentive to keep pushing keys?

I wish they would make some amazing transmog gear as well like the challenge mode stuff had. I’m bit bummed out that I didn’t do the challenge mode dungeons back then because of the transmog styles that I’m missing, but I couldn’t care less about not having those dungeon teleports for MoP or WoD dungeons. Didn’t care back then and don’t care now.

They're not supposed to be an incentive, I don't think. They're a small prestige thing.

Just as a note, I do have both CM gold and KSM.
    That being said, I don't see the reason to incentivize this because M+ has enough participation and reward. Maybe not at 20, but overall. Gives gear, anima, contributes to weekly chest. KSM added the mount which is every season.

CMs were a purely cosmetic thing. They only rewarded some gear in WoD i think, via a quest. But otherwise had no need to be done more than once ever in the whole expansion. They also scaled gear so while more gear gave you more options and some trinkets were op, overall doing gold was not gear-based.

So in comparison, I think doing all 20s in time is something you do for yourself, not something that needs to be specifically incentivized. The teleport gives a nod to those who do it.

I think they are a nice touch...

I would of liked to see a mythic/elite recolor set for doing all 20s...

Fingers crossed they add it for 25s. I do like my transmog options.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    They're not supposed to be an incentive, I don't think. They're a small prestige thing.

Just as a note, I do have both CM gold and KSM.
    That being said, I don't see the reason to incentivize this because M+ has enough participation and reward. Maybe not at 20, but overall. Gives gear, anima, contributes to weekly chest. KSM added the mount which is every season.

CMs were a purely cosmetic thing. They only rewarded some gear in WoD i think, via a quest. But otherwise had no need to be done more than once ever in the whole expansion. They also scaled gear so while more gear gave you more options and some trinkets were op, overall doing gold was not gear-based.

So in comparison, I think doing all 20s in time is something you do for yourself, not something that needs to be specifically incentivized. The teleport gives a nod to those who do it.
    Every reward the devs put into the game is an incentive for players to put in time and do it. Of course those teleports are meant as an incentive to push higher.

Ide be happy with the teleports, can come in handy. Would love to see unique transmogs as a reward for pushing high keys, maybe we will see that later on in the expansion

I don't think they're meant to be an incentive. They're meant to make it easier to continue pushing, which you're already doing if you're running 20s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the MoP CM portals and honestly forgot about them pretty quickly, even when they where current.
    The CD is like 8 hours or something?

I didn't felt the need to keep running CM's once the stuff was all gold, so the portals where pretty much used for other things than actually going to the dungeon. Might be different in the age of M+ tho, .

Right at this point 20 is out of my league (just doing 15's for the weekly, mostly), if it remains a reward for +20 in time then it might gradually come as the xpac progresses. I'm not going to hard-push towards 20 just because of the portals. (a unique mount or title probably would make me try)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cm teleport had rediculous cooldowns, like 20 hours or so.

Not that it realy mattered, but not something I would ever fight for again. Pointless as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    Ide be happy with the teleports, can come in handy. Would love to see unique transmogs as a reward for pushing high keys, maybe we will see that later on in the expansion
    Yea, the transmogs were the real price, hopefully we will see something like that happen, but I doubt it.

they are nice to haves but nothing to go out of your way for, especially if they come with the 8 hour cooldown the old ones have.

there are times when such a teleport would save me time, but honestly i always forget i have them.

i also never did challenge modes to get the teleports, that was just a bonus compared to the big reward you really did it for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not rewarding at all with flying coming up.
    Wont be pushing for it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    they're incentives and I bet they will remove it for next expansion. more time limited fomo carrot on a stick. weird how wow barely had any of those early on, and how more popular it was.

Not really, because it just depends on your gear so it's no achievement.
    I'd do it in a heartbeat if it had a fixed ilvl.

what teleports?! What have i missed?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    what teleports?! What have i missed?
    Completing a dungeon in time at +20 gives you an achi which gives you teleport to said dungeon.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If they are 20's the same way 20's are now... no, i don't think it will move anyone.
    Due to how gear works, it will be something only achievable by the best ranked pvp players and mythic raiders, unless they allow gear upgrades to go further in mythic+. Which is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Not really, because it just depends on your gear so it's no achievement.
    I'd do it in a heartbeat if it had a fixed ilvl.
    Imagine thinking this. Let's see your io.

I think its fine. I like pushing for the score not the reward. Its def a nice bonus. Recolors would be awesome tho

The people pushing keys in the 20's are gonna continue to do that regardless because they presumably does it for the challenge.

I don't think any incentive that doesn't increase player power is somehow gonna suddenly make the vast majority care about pushing keys in the 20's.

That is if you would even consider it an incentive to do it and not just an extra reward for the people who were already doing such high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    If they are 20's the same way 20's are now... no, i don't think it will move anyone.
    Due to how gear works, it will be something only achievable by the best ranked pvp players and mythic raiders, unless they allow gear upgrades to go further in mythic+. Which is dumb.
    it's only the first tier. usually doing higher an higher keys become easier as the expansion progresses. by 9.2-9.3 it'll probably become fairly achievable without tryharding overly much.