Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well, let's see if they actually go through with it, I somehow doubt it though. I mean, it sounds ambitious and looks like moving in the right direction but this has to be fought globally, we are very much past the point where one country could make a significant enough of an impact. I am not talking about China or something, I am talking about global transportation and Industries that don't give a shit about borders.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, may I direct you to my signature?
    Did that ash fellow ever get caught for homicide of his loved ones?

  2. #22
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Did that ash fellow ever get caught for homicide of his loved ones?
    No, but he got his hand cut off and replaced it with a chainsaw so, I think he got what he deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No it's not, science can't tell you whether national governments should prioritize the environment over liberty and business. That's determined by your subjective values and interpretations and it has nothing to do with science.
    if you want to deal with climate change, yes, it most certainly does. there have been several studies on how giant corporations and the rich account for the vast majority of pollution and climate changing activity. sorry that science doesn't give deference to capitalism? as if capitalism has at any point given a crap about the environment?

  4. #24
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No it's not, science can't tell you whether national governments should prioritize the environment over liberty and business. That's determined by your subjective values and interpretations and it has nothing to do with science.

    The fact that you can't "science" politics is actually my point.
    Uhm... you are arguing if actions should be taken based on science. These actions are taken based on science, not based on liberty or business. Your reply doesn’t make any sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  5. #25
    Banned PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,260
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    if you want to deal with climate change, yes, it most certainly does.
    The climate changing is testable so that part of it is scientific, but the government policy that claims to solve it or maximize human metrics isn't scientific at all. It would be untestable which means it's not scientific.
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    there have been several studies on how giant corporations and the rich account for the vast majority of pollution and climate changing activity.
    What percent is the "vast majority"? Also where is the source?
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    sorry that science doesn't give deference to capitalism?
    Science doesn't support or care about human ideas like capitalism and socialism. That's a good thing that science isn't politically and ideologically biased.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... you are arguing if actions should be taken based on science. These actions are taken based on science,
    Impossible, science is only about creating and physically testing explanations. Science cannot determine human actions. We can only only act based on our *interpretations* of what is true and scientific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    not based on liberty or business.
    Implementing policy that maximizes liberty or business prosperity isn't science either. Capitalism and libertarianism isn't anymore scientific than environmentalism and socialism.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    What percent is the "vast majority"? Also where is the source?

    Science doesn't support or care about human ideas like capitalism and socialism. That's a good thing that science isn't politically and ideologically biased.
    100 companies account for 70% of carbon emissions and the top 1% pollute more than the bottom 50% like, one of these came out not that long ago..

    exactly, so what liberties and freedoms are at risk here when it comes to dealing with climate change?

  7. #27
    Immortal Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Your HEad, Rent Free
    Posts
    7,956
    Is this the original Green New Deal or the compromised second draft.


    /s

  8. #28
    Banned PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,260
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I don't have access to the second article but as far as the first one I disagree with its premise. It's saying that oil producers are responsible for the emissions of consumers, which is idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    exactly, so what liberties and freedoms are at risk here when it comes to dealing with climate change?
    Environmental regulations are based on limiting liberties.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Environmental regulations are based on limiting liberties.
    Quite the contrary, they're actually protecting longterm liberty by ensuring that our children, their children, and their children's children have a livable world where they're allowed to have liberty.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I don't have access to the second article but as far as the first one I disagree with its premise. It's saying that oil producers are responsible for the emissions of consumers, which is idiotic.

    Environmental regulations are based on limiting liberties.
    okay??? that doesn't mean the pollution they make is any less real.

    list them then, since it seems to be such grave concern to you you must know of a couple.

  11. #31
    Epic! Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Environmental regulations are based on limiting liberties.
    More like increasing the poverty. Limited liberty is caused by increased poverty in this case
    Lives matter

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    More like increasing the poverty. Limited liberty is caused by increased poverty in this case
    conspiracy nonsense.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    More like increasing the poverty. Limited liberty is caused by increased poverty in this case
    Relevant tweet:



    Corporations just wanting to make life even more miserable for the common people.
    CNN just being the usual lapdog of elite interests again.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Science can't determine national environmental policy and thinking that it can is called *scientism*. The Green New Deal is determined by ideology, not by science.
    Jesus christ, if we do nothing, it will be worse later, when it is already too late.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ, if we do nothing, it will be worse later, when it is already too late.
    Yeah, but it won't mildly inconvenience us so it's totes worth it.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ, if we do nothing, it will be worse later, when it is already too late.
    PC2 believes that science will solve all environmental problems at the same time he thinks science is complete bullshit when it comes to climate change. You are wasting your time here.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Relevant tweet:



    Corporations just wanting to make life even more miserable for the common people.
    CNN just being the usual lapdog of elite interests again.
    how is that relevant to what they said? which is nonsense by the way.

  18. #38
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,691
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/h...6hres109ih.pdf

    John Kerry announced earlier this afternoon that the Biden administration wants all cars to go electrical, to invite credits for carbon, severely punish damage to the climate, and much more.

    What are your thoughts about the Green New Deal?
    Environmentally, we should have done this 20 years ago. Politically, won't happen. Because of the GOP and their klan of science deniers, we won't make meaningful headway on climate change for decades.

  19. #39
    scientism lmfao

    gimme that deal and vaccine right goddamn now.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Environmentally, we should have done this 20 years ago. Politically, won't happen. Because of the GOP and their klan of science deniers, we won't make meaningful headway on climate change for decades.
    Conservative thinking is the new nazi mindset. We need a far left candidate in the chair after Biden so we can properly label these fuckers including MAGA as terrorists and far as the right-wing republicans spouting conspiracies about the climate and viruses we need to punish them enough that hurts them financially in the long run so we'll never see them again and it'll be hard for them to grass-root anything.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •