Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Thumbs up The Green New Deal

https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/h...6hres109ih.pdf

John Kerry announced earlier this afternoon that the Biden administration wants all cars to go electrical, to invite credits for carbon, severely punish damage to the climate, and much more.

What are your thoughts about the Green New Deal?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    That someone needs to define what the New Greed Deal is... because this isn’t what AOC meant, when she used the term, and sure as hell not what conservatives mean when they use it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/h...6hres109ih.pdf

John Kerry announced earlier this afternoon that the Biden administration wants all cars to go electrical, to invite credits for carbon, severely punish damage to the climate, and much more.

That this isn't it and we shouldn't take this as remotely enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's irrelevant because no matter what's in the Green New Deal environmentalists will say it's not enough and doom is still coming. There's literally nothing you could put in the Green New Deal that would make it so environmentalists are satisfied and not fearful of the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Incoming PC2 science denialism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Incoming PC2 science denialism.
    Science can't determine national environmental policy and thinking that it can is called *scientism*. The Green New Deal is determined by ideology, not by science.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Science can't determine national environmental policy and thinking that it can is called *scientism*. The Green New Deal is determined by ideology, not by science.
    Just like your posts are determined by ideology and not by science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I don't think there is an ideology that explains PC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Science can't determine national environmental policy.
    It sure can.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yes that's the same for everyone, we post based on which ideas we think are correct. Science is just about creating testable explanations, so the idea that science can determine political choices or tell you what to post in a forum is pure quackery.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-04-22 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that's the same for everyone, we post based on which ideas we think are correct. Science is just about creating testable explanations, so the idea that science determine political choices or tell you what to post in a forum is pure quackery.
    Decisions should be backed up by science, and it’s evident that human-based activities are causing harm to the planetary climate and therefore the environment. Which most people agree is bad, and I don’t personally care about or appreciate the opinions of people who don’t think that it’s bad or don’t believe the science.

As for the topic at hand... this is something we should have been doing 20 years ago. But it’s something we didn’t, and we must always do what we can.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It sure can.
    No that's called scientism. Where is the scientific methodology that determined the Green New Deal? Why won't they release it? If it's scientific then they must release their methodology so that it can be replicated by a third party who will verify their work and arrive at the exact same conclusions.

No that's called scientism. Where is the scientific methodology that determined the Green New Deal? Why won't they release it? If it's scientific then they must release their methodology so that it can be replicated by a third party who will verify their work and arrive at the exact same conclusions.
    That's literally not how any of this works and I think you know that well.

Science is the foundation for these policies, you can't "science" politics dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't think there is an ideology that explains PC2.
    He's a libertarian, so you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    He's a libertarian, so you're right.
    I was thinking along the lines of mistaking ones own confidence for knowledge. And turning that up to eleven.

But Libertarian works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's see if they actually go through with it, I somehow doubt it though. I mean, it sounds ambitious and looks like moving in the right direction but this has to be fought globally, we are very much past the point where one country could make a significant enough of an impact. I am not talking about China or something, I am talking about global transportation and Industries that don't give a shit about borders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of mistaking ones own confidence for knowledge. And turning that up to eleven.

But Libertarian works too.
    Well, may I direct you to my signature?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's irrelevant because no matter what's in the Green New Deal environmentalists will say it's not enough and doom is still coming. There's literally nothing you could put in the Green New Deal that would make it so environmentalists are satisfied and not fearful of the future.
    Yes, it absolutely matters... because without environmentalist actually reacting to it, your assumption that it will be unreasonable, is just bias. If no one can even bother to define what the new green deal is, having an opinion on how people will react to it, is asinine.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Cars going electric should of been a thing 30 years ago. However does their useful life outlast the norm? Does manufacturing these create other unintentional consequences? Should we go back to nuclear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Imagine actually wanting to save lives, the insanity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Science is the foundation for these policies,
    No it's not, science can't tell you whether national governments should prioritize the environment over liberty and business. That's determined by your subjective values and interpretations and it has nothing to do with science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    you can't "science" politics dude.
    The fact that you can't "science" politics is actually my point.