Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    This expansion I joined a casual guild that did normal Nathria for like a month until they had it down and then started heroic but struggled on most bosses after the first two because a big part of the guild were casual players who logged in for the raid and pretty much nothing else. We had 2-3 players with better gear and experience who helped out.

    You can still play the game in the same way people did 15 years ago. Nothing has changed. You're just not playing on the highest difficulty if you aren't putting in effort to really learn the game. Is that such a bad thing? You see all the content, you have your own personal itemlevel progression. You won't be at 220 and pushing to 227 but at 200 and are pushing the 210s.

    The biggest problem with "casual players" (we aren't actually talking about casuals, though. We're talking about bad players. Let's be honest) is that they want the best stuff. They look left and right at the top ilvl stuff with envy and complain. That's the problem but it doesn't have to be a problem. That guild I was in was totally fine with their own personal progression. They had their fun at their own pace
    This. 100% this.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    The biggest problem with "casual players" (we aren't actually talking about casuals, though. We're talking about bad players. Let's be honest) is that they want the best stuff. They look left and right at the top ilvl stuff with envy and complain. That's the problem but it doesn't have to be a problem. That guild I was in was totally fine with their own personal progression. They had their fun at their own pace
    this, some people think they need meta clas/spec/covenant/gear/conduits and sockets everywhere, and they underperform by 30% bcs they dont have that, when in fact all that makes5% and rest of their "underperforming" and rest is bcs they are just not that good...

    its like if i try to run 100m on olympics, finish dead last and then complain its bcs i have worse shoes
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-04-24 at 06:36 AM.

  3. #303
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,845
    Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    Switching a covenant can be done once a week, and one has to also do some chores on top of it,
    farming a 235ilvl legend takes approximately 5 weeks. 5250/1140 Soul Ash per week
    there is also farming Stygia, which I wouldn't personally say is that bad in itself, but can be really tiring, if you want to do it on multiple toons.
    You do realize that you don't need to spend 5 weeks in game to get your 5250 ash? It's literally an hour per week, it can't get more casual friendly than that
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do realize that you don't need to spend 5 weeks in game to get your 5250 ash? It's literally an hour per week, it can't get more casual friendly than that
    not to mention all ranks have the same effect, only stats are different so lower rank is absolutely fine for casual...

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because the elitist tryhards are the content creators so Blizzard is now leaning towards catering to them even though it's causing people to leave in droves.
    People were leaving in droves in Cata because heroics were too hard. Then they were leaving in droves in MoP because Lawwwlol Kung Fu Panda's and too many dailies. Then they were all leaving in WoD because Garrisons sucked. Then they all quit in Legion because grinding AP was tedious. Then they all quit in BfA because azerite armor was the worst thing ever. Now they are all quitting Shadowlands because Blizzard caters to streamers.


    People always quit between major patches for <insert random reason here>. They always have and always will. And they always come back because there is no other MMO on the market that is even close to WoW and despite the nonstop bitching, the game is still fun when there is fresh content to play through.

  6. #306
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Literally who? Bellular does nothing but shit on Blizzard 24/7 these days and his entire channel has basically become a fucking waiting room for Asmongold reaction VODs.
    I really laughed out loud at that remark. So true......so true.

  7. #307
    I do not understand. If you do not like raiding, M+ or PvP what exactly are you getting out of the game and what changes would you like to see? As an exclusively world content or single player game WoW must be terrible.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Are yall asking for 226 for logging on? completing heroic 5 man content? WQ content?
    I'd be happy with a pathway to, say, 213 over a long period on my own. Similar to BfA. Just enough to not feel like a total waste of a slot if I tried to queue for a random BG. Something to keep me engaged and progressing without submitting to the merciless steel jaws of the raiderio machine.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-04-24 at 08:08 AM.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I do not understand. If you do not like raiding, M+ or PvP what exactly are you getting out of the game and what changes would you like to see? As an exclusively world content or single player game WoW must be terrible.
    I think what many people would love is to just have some weekly capped currency that you get from easy content like heroic dungeons and then be able to buy some high ilvl gear with that currency. That's how WoW has been since TBC and especially WotLK and what these kinds of players are missing now. The problem for them is that the catch up ends at ~200 and not at 213 or higher.
    I can understand that mentality, though. Back in the days you got raid gear for doing nothing or you got normal raid gear while the highest was heroic raid gear. You were very close to ilvl cap with that catch up gear. Nowadays catch up is like 50% weaker than high end gear...

  10. #310
    LFR, LFG, Unrated BGs, World Quests, Weekly Purple Grade Quests, Free upgradeable gear from Covenant Campaign, purchasable legendary gear.

    I'd say it's pretty leaned towards casual players. Why would casuals need the best gear in the game to do any of those activities I mentioned above?

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    LFR, LFG, Unrated BGs, World Quests, Weekly Purple Grade Quests, Free upgradeable gear from Covenant Campaign, purchasable legendary gear.

    I'd say it's pretty leaned towards casual players. Why would casuals need the best gear in the game to do any of those activities I mentioned above?
    Don't need the best gear, but what we're given currently is a joke that only gets us smashed in a random BG or turning on war mode, or forced to leash ourselves to someone who is geared just to survive.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    For about two weeks, then you're forced to quit the game and sub to FFXIV if you want to keep progressing.
    Weird. I am casual and I am still progressing, 5 months in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    not to mention all ranks have the same effect, only stats are different so lower rank is absolutely fine for casual...
    Yeah, I had 210 for ages now, until last week. Not done Torghast in 3 months or so except the Covenant Campaign, but no Ash from that so. Heck, I haven't saved Thrall yet which will give me 200 Soul Ash

    Got last 1000 Soul Ash from missions the last 4-5 weeks and upgraded my bis leggo to 225. Now thats casual for you.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-04-24 at 12:26 PM.

  13. #313
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Weird. I am casual and I am still progressing, 5 months in.

    Out of curiosity do you have aotc, ksm or whatever the 2200 pvp rating achievement is combatant i think?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    LFR, LFG, Unrated BGs, World Quests, Weekly Purple Grade Quests, Free upgradeable gear from Covenant Campaign, purchasable legendary gear.

    I'd say it's pretty leaned towards casual players. Why would casuals need the best gear in the game to do any of those activities I mentioned above?
    So I noticed reading the raid testing notes from the ptr that whenever you go into a raid on the ptr your gear is scaled to an appropriate level. This means they could very well simple scale your character to whatever challenge and eliminate the need for loot. Entirely. Do you think this would be a rewarding experience? If your answer is no then you can fuck off telling people they don't need better loot.

    Its not leaned toward actual casual players, its leaned towards try hards who bitched and moaned and pissed about being "forced" to do "other" content.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Out of curiosity do you have aotc, ksm or whatever the 2200 pvp rating achievement is combatant i think?
    Now I am curious. Is 2200 rating the new rank for casuals? Do you need to be 2200 rating to define yourself as casual? I do have AotC yes, I also got KSM(in legion hoho) I got 1809 in BfA, 4 hours a week or so with arena. Does it help?

    Wait, is this a trick question? If I have AotC, I am not casual?

  15. #315
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

    Wait, is this a trick question? If I have AotC, I am not casual?
    Bingo thanks for playing
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Bingo thanks for playing
    Noooooooooo.

    Well played sir.

    So now AotC is hardcore. Thats a new.

  17. #317
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Noooooooooo.

    Well played sir.

    So now AotC is hardcore. Thats a new.
    My pleasure. You've also got the additional ksm achieve which is a double score. Welcome to hardcore land. Actually i should have also asked do you have or are you progressing on cutting edge?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    My pleasure. You've also got the additional ksm achieve which is a double score. Welcome to hardcore land. Actually i should have also asked do you have or are you progressing on cutting edge?
    No, but I am performing well in LFR.

  19. #319
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No, but I am performing well in LFR.
    I'm sure you go to all your meetings in haiwaiin shirts. SUPER CAJ.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'm sure you go to all your meetings in haiwaiin shirts. SUPER CAJ.
    I had one. But I lost it. Unfortunate.

    I do like casual streetwear though. So thats a big plus! Surely that covers me as caj in WoW?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •