Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
  1. #761
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It's LITERALLY right in front of you as in YouTube promotions etc. I don't need to source that as it's common knowledge that events bring advertisers. Try again.

    Just to sate your lunacy about this: 2019 Blizzcon matches total prize pool was 330,000 dollars. Blizzard is not just going to be giving that money away without actually making it back at LEAST twofold. So right there we're looking at somewhere around 500k revenue from 1 event. If you REALLY somehow think they're taking a loss on these events rather than a massive gain(the 330k was included just to give a rough idea of what they gave away while making money) then no matter what evidence is presented you'll claim it's fabricated.
    I don't think it's revenue from that 1 event. Not sure if even Blizzcon is profitable. At least not this year with the free online version. It's advertisement and longer term brand loyalty. It doesn't pay off instantly.

  2. #762
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Can you show me people doing this then?Your trying desperately to hand wave something away when the trend crushes ya.
    If it is only a trend that means some do not. I don't need to show you something yourself say is possible right? You also seem to be confused again on the argument being made. It was never about it not being a popular thing to do or a community imposed requirement. Or simply one that people who do that content got naturally over the months of attempting the content.

    It was about catch up mechanics and X being required. It isn't required to be the max potential of your character in order to clear the content. Gear is the important thing as you'll have at least one conduit and soul bind unlocked by doing a little bit of the covenant. That is all you need to clear the content. You've yet to provide any sort of rebuttal to that that other then "Because I said so". So the only one desperately trying to hand wave here is you and you are trying to hand wave with something that doesn't even counter act my point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #763
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If it is only a trend that means some do not. I don't need to show you something yourself say is possible right? You also seem to be confused again on the argument being made. It was never about it not being a popular thing to do or a community imposed requirement. Or simply one that people who do that content got naturally over the months of attempting the content.

    It was about catch up mechanics and X being required. It isn't required to be the max potential of your character in order to clear the content. Gear is the important thing as you'll have at least one conduit and soul bind unlocked by doing a little bit of the covenant. That is all you need to clear the content. You've yet to provide any sort of rebuttal to that that other then "Because I said so". So the only one desperately trying to hand wave here is you and you are trying to hand wave with something that doesn't even counter act my point.
    So its never been done but much like breaking all your fingers punching down a tree it could be done.

    What a useful contribution to the conversation...

  4. #764
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    So its never been done but much like breaking all your fingers punching down a tree it could be done. What a useful contribution to the conversation...
    Do you have proof it has never been done? That is a bold claim to make so surely you can prove it right? The encounters are not designed around the max potential of each player. For catching up gear has always been the strongest element because Blizzard has had built in catch up mechanics for AK, AP, and Renown. Memories can be bought. Conduits come from callings. You have yet to refute any of that but instead act absurd and say you've proven everything.

    You don't need a chainsaw to cut a tree down when the axe will do just fine.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #765
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you have proof it has never been done? That is a bold claim to make so surely you can prove it right? The encounters are not designed around the max potential of each player. For catching up gear has always been the strongest element because Blizzard has had built in catch up mechanics for AK, AP, and Renown. Memories can be bought. Conduits come from callings. You have yet to refute any of that but instead act absurd and say you've proven everything.

    You don't need a chainsaw to cut a tree down when the axe will do just fine.
    Your asking me to prove a negative. I can't prove that the very center of the earth isn't made of candy. I can't prove your bizarre claims for you either.

  6. #766
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Your asking me to prove a negative. I can't prove that the very center of the earth isn't made of candy. I can't prove your bizarre claims for you either.
    And yet you are so certain I am wrong despite not being able to prove what you say is true. You like to blow hot air then deflect when it comes time to back it up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #767
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet you are so certain I am wrong despite not being able to prove what you say is true. You like to blow hot air then deflect when it comes time to back it up.
    I'm saying you can't prove anything your saying and its a foolish stance to take. Sadly your protected in this community since calling down people making pointless arguments isn't allowed so we are stuck in a loop of you trying desperately to deflect.

  8. #768
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I'm saying you can't prove anything your saying and its a foolish stance to take. Sadly your protected in this community since calling down people making pointless arguments isn't allowed so we are stuck in a loop of you trying desperately to deflect.
    You can't disprove what I am saying either. So how can you say I am wrong? I am not protected in this community in the slightest and people disagree all the time. If you can't have a civil discussion with out name calling or breaking forum rules then that is a you problem. The only loop here is you trying to discuss me rather then the topic. Weird huh?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #769
    Since they refuse to have any form of depth or skill to rotations and refuse to have a skill ceiling the only real way to differentiate yourself is time and how much you can throw at the game.
    I would rather they made the game more casual while bringing back depth and skill to rotations but then all the casual scrubs will complain they're doing 50% less damage in the same gear... There's no way to please both sides.

  10. #770
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can't disprove what I am saying either. So how can you say I am wrong? I am not protected in this community in the slightest and people disagree all the time. If you can't have a civil discussion with out name calling or breaking forum rules then that is a you problem. The only loop here is you trying to discuss me rather then the topic. Weird huh?
    i must admit i did not read all of the back and forth, just this page and the previous one. What is it that you two are arguing about exactly? The idea about the systems that give player power being optional is weird because talents are optional, gear is optional as well, its just a matter of having an absolute bare minimum with which you can do content, and then player power that makes it easier. The less skilled someone the more the added power helps him make the checks. So sure all these are optional but what is the point of treating them like that when the very essence of the game is increasing player power compared to the challenges ahead?

  11. #771
    Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    i must admit i did not read all of the back and forth, just this page and the previous one. What is it that you two are arguing about exactly?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53164613

    That post is what set them off. Someone stated that they need to go back to designing the game so gear is the only thing that needs to be caught up on. I stated they already design it that way because of the built in catch up mechanics they have had with the "borrowed power" systems that always brought you up to the next patch baseline quickly.

    Shadowlands is easier to catch up then the last two expansions because there is no real system that needs constant attention. Renown is super easy to gain. Conduits come from callings. And you can buy memories (though you need to invest Anima and it is class wide random). Soul ash is two weeks for one legendary. So even a brand new player won't take long to "catch up" and only needs to focus on gear.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #772
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    So give me a path to work toward the gear that doesn't require submitting to harsh community standards. Otherwise if I can't have a place in the game, why should I pay sub money to help support it?
    Then don't. Sounds like you want what everyone else is willing to work for, without you having to do anything. This entitled mentality is just another reason everything is going to shit. People dont wanna put in the effort but yet think they deserve it all. No one owes you ANYTHING. Work for it.. dont.. IDGAF but dont come whining when you arent willing to put in the work because honestly, I dont wanna here it... Something maybe your folks should have said to you.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  13. #773
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Then don't. Sounds like you want what everyone else is willing to work for, without you having to do anything. This entitled mentality is just another reason everything is going to shit. People dont wanna put in the effort but yet think they deserve it all. No one owes you ANYTHING. Work for it.. dont.. IDGAF but dont come whining when you arent willing to put in the work because honestly, I dont wanna here it... Something maybe your folks should have said to you.
    Seems like you read the person's comment and decided to give a reply to it that had nothing at all to do with what they said.

  14. #774
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53164613

    That post is what set them off. Someone stated that they need to go back to designing the game so gear is the only thing that needs to be caught up on. I stated they already design it that way because of the built in catch up mechanics they have had with the "borrowed power" systems that always brought you up to the next patch baseline quickly.

    Shadowlands is easier to catch up then the last two expansions because there is no real system that needs constant attention. Renown is super easy to gain. Conduits come from callings. And you can buy memories (though you need to invest Anima and it is class wide random). Soul ash is two weeks for one legendary. So even a brand new player won't take long to "catch up" and only needs to focus on gear.
    guild has a rogue that got raid ready in a day after cap

  15. #775
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Seems like you read the person's comment and decided to give a reply to it that had nothing at all to do with what they said.
    Lot of people here like to dodge the points I'm making without actually addressing them. I've ceased to expect reading comprehension from much of this forum.

  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Literally who? Bellular does nothing but shit on Blizzard 24/7 these days and his entire channel has basically become a fucking waiting room for Asmongold reaction VODs.
    This is 2021, people still care about streamers?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •