Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I wonder why people even play when they seem to consider any time spent to play as wasted and prefer to skip content just to rush faster and "win" 10 mn...
    Why would i care about a dungeon i played hundreds of times allready? There is literally nothing to gain other than XP. I like playing my chars and i like leveling to a degree. I don't like the slog that is the sharkboss in freehold. stand around for 10 minutes to... wait. When i can just skip it kill the endboss and be at the same point AGAIN in a new run before i even started said boss.

I wonder why people even play when they seem to consider any time spent to play as wasted and prefer to skip content just to rush faster and "win" 10 mn...
    In a game that has been around for over 16 years, leveling is not "content" it's boring chores you're forced to do before being able to play the parts of the game you actually enjoy unless you want to reward Blizzard with ~4 months of sub fee for the privilege of skipping it. Even if leveling wasn't tedious as fuck, I ran Freehold for 2.5 years already, why would I want to "experience" it again?

time is money! money is time! if you have no money, you need time and vice versa. that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    In a game that has been around for over 16 years, leveling is not "content" it's boring chores you're forced to do before being able to play the parts of the game you actually enjoy unless you want to reward Blizzard with ~4 months of sub fee for the privilege of skipping it. Even if leveling wasn't tedious as fuck, I ran Freehold for 2.5 years already, why would I want to "experience" it again?
    You mean doing the same dungeons but in m+?

I sometimes wonder how people do not see the obvious flaw in their logic when posting. On one hand, they complain they have done the same dungeon over and over for years, yet here they are, again. Applying for the same boring grind they so much loathed in the past. Why don't these people admit they do actually enjoy grinding the same thing over and over for minuscule rewards over time. Yes, you love to spend 100s of hours doing the same shit. You do that every expansion, stop lying to yourself. You play this game to do repetitive content every single day/week/month you are subscribed. You enjoy this kind of activity.

People do it since the XP gain at the end is the majority of what you get from a dungeon.

It is a shame though and I wish they added some bonus XP (or made it required) to kill all bosses. BRD could have been great even divided into sections but because of the skip/rush thing, you have 1 wing where people just click a mole machine and jump down to kill 2 bosses, and you have one wing for the final 3-4 bosses. 75% of that dungeon is untouched essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I sometimes wonder how people do not see the obvious flaw in their logic when posting. On one hand, they complain they have done the same dungeon over and over for years, yet here they are, again. Applying for the same boring grind they so much loathed in the past. Why don't these people admit they do actually enjoy grinding the same thing over and over for minuscule rewards over time. Yes, you love to spend 100s of hours doing the same shit. You do that every expansion, stop lying to yourself. You play this game to do repetitive content every single day/week/month you are subscribed. You enjoy this kind of activity.
    But you do them and actually have something else than exp from them. That's the difference.

If the content isn't fun, why would you want to spend extra time doing it? Leveling dungeons are just for exp, if you want to have fun while questing you're not going to do dungeons unless you're a new player, or you'll choose the expansion that isn't best for exp.

Well no. I REALLY can't stand freehold. But i do it because it is fast. The relief once i am done with it is amazing. Maybe it is a bit Masochistic^^

If there would be another comparable way i probably would do it. But i can't stand leveling in old content i did millions of times allready on other characters. And there is no leveling content i did not allready do over and over again.
    But it is bearable since the squish and i can shorten my time in some dungeons by skipping some of the most tedious bosses that can be skipped. If the tank decides to to them so be it. I won't bitch about it. But if i am the tank i will skip it.

imo in normal and heroic dungeons Blizzard should close the path behind a boss until it is defeated, so that you are forced to do them all. You go into those dungeons with completely random players thrown together with some tool with zero communication in the group creation process. Some people want to see it all and others want to go through quickly but in the end this doesn't matter because those difficulties are a place to learn the basics. It shouldn't be possible to skip bosses in those difficulties.

Boss skipping and dungeon spamming is a boring way to play, so I avoid it at all costs.

Lmao thanks for the armchair psychology attempt but no, that's desperately incorrect. I absolutely love grinding dungeons at max level for time, gear, and strategy improvements against harder and harder difficulties, specifically with my friends. Leveling dungeons are none of those things. Nothing else in this game or any other game is as fun as what I just described, and I'd do it for hours every day if Blizzard weren't so intent on forcing people to play a whole bunch of boring garbage in order to progress in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    No, you do not get the same amount of XP from skipping.

Killing the last boss gives you the LFD completion XP. Killing all bosses gives you Objective completion XP. I do not know why ppl skip.
    The objective completion XP rewards were massively nerfed back in Legion, iirc. Some old dungeons had massive optional completion bonuses, and Blizzard was afraid people might be, you know... having fun by having higher leveled players boost lower leveled players through those completion bonuses. So they not only cut almost every single optional completion bonus (think out-of-the way bosses, or rares, or whatever), they also cut the completion bonus to 10 or 20% of what it previously was. I may be off on those numbers, but I think it was something radical like that.

hate the game, not the player)
    that's how game works - finishing the dungeon gives you the biggest chunk of overall xp you get from a run
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Its just a design flaw. They should either increase objective xp or reduce completion xp. Or both. I dont know why Its even split up in the first place.
    If blizz fix it, therell be whining about it. Slowing down leveling, fun detected hurr durr.

Sorry, it's hard for me to validate a reasoning about being sick of repetiveness of leveling when the "current content" is also about doing a few numbers of dungeons and raid repetitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    But you do them and actually have something else than exp from them. That's the difference.
    In terms of power gain, XP far out-scales getting a little ilvl upgrade from a m+. So if power is your main drive to do content, then gaining level is the most efficient.

In terms of power gain, XP far out-scales getting a little ilvl upgrade from a m+. So if power is your main drive to do content, then gaining level is the most efficient.
    You have a different view on this.
    Leveling up is just a means to an end. The game starts at maximum level for most players. There you have everything unlocked for your character.
    I do not view the leveling process as anything interesting.

Sorry, it's hard for me to validate a reasoning about being sick of repetiveness of leveling when the "current content" is also about doing a few numbers of dungeons and raid repetitively.
    Leveling dungeons are exactly the same. For shadowlands content, you only get 4. The main problem is how incredibly easy they are. Makes it really boring and you're only doing it for xp.

Dungeons at max level have variety. Affixes change the routes or the way you deal with the packs every week. They are also a lot harder if you do it on high enough keys which makes it much more engaging. You're doing it for endgame loot (through drops or more likely vault) and at least for me, is more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

You get xp for under 24 hours played. Its a short chore u do in boring content. U spend far more time at max level progressing ilvl. You can feel ilvl gains. U don't feel xp gains cause everything scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You have a different view on this.
    Leveling up is just a means to an end. The game starts at maximum level for most players. There you have everything unlocked for your character.
    I do not view the leveling process as anything interesting.
    I know that. The issue I have is, that it's illogical. If you value power gain so much, people should love levelling the most because it gives the strongest degree of power gain. That's undisputable. You start with 1 ability and gain dozens of new skills and talents that multiply your output by a factor of 1000+, whereas gaining power at max level increases your power by a factor of 10, at most. So what people actually love is being more powerful than others, the power gain as a gameplay element is irrelevant to them, just the end result. And as such a huge portion of the playerbase that talk about "enjoying" progressing through power gain actually mean something entirely different.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-04-29 at 12:39 PM.