Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is with these Boss Skips while leveling?

Ok so been leveling a few alts recently and noticed especially in Freehold that people are skipping all bosses but the last. Why?, surely if you leveling you'd want to get as much XP from the dungeon that you can.

Does skipping bosses give same amount of XP as say completing the Dungeon..

Quote Originally Posted by Sk3tz0 View Post
    Ok so been leveling a few alts recently and noticed especially in Freehold that people are skipping all bosses but the last. Why?, surely if you leveling you'd want to get as much XP from the dungeon that you can.

The biggest amount of xp is given for finishing. Therefore, the most time efficient route is to skip as much as possible

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you do not get the same amount of XP from skipping.

Killing the last boss gives you the LFD completion XP. Killing all bosses gives you Objective completion XP. I do not know why ppl skip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just faster to xp when u get bonus XP from finishing dungeon (killing last boss) than bulldoze whole dungeon. You can run whole for example in 20min or go straigt to last in 10min. XP per hour is just better.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-04-23 at 06:32 AM.

XP per hour
    you get a huge amount for just completeing the dungeon. Let's say about 20% of a level just from completing.
    You go in kill the final boss and get that 20%, requeue do it again. Let's say that takes 5 minutes
    you get a full level with 25 minutes worth of work versus an hour to get maybe 30%.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Killing the last boss gives you the LFD completion XP. Killing all bosses gives you Objective completion XP. I do not know why ppl skip.
    You do get more XP by skipping. You save maybe 4 minutes. That is 16 minutes in 4 runs = a whole extra dungeon. So you add an extra bonus plus whatever XP you get clearing it.

That is the reason. Sucks, maybe they should switch it to bosses giving more XP and the bonus from random.. well, get ride of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

because the XP/hour is significantly higher that way. People would kill all bosses if it were efficient to level. It isn't, therefore people don't do it.

Getting more XP out of the dungeon does not mean you get more XP per hour.

at lvl 42 on my DH, no EXP Buffs, i was getting 42% exeperience of a lvl with a Full clear, took about 28 minutes for a full clear, we will say 84% of a lvl for an hour for math sakes, 2 dungeons.

Running to last boss and clearing as such, i was getting 23% exp, but it was taking 15 minutes, so i was roughly getting 92% of my lvl in experience per hour,
    4 dungeon runs,

so for full clear i was getting 2 Dungeon runs an hour, for Last Boss i was getting 4 clears an hour.

for the 2 dungeon run strat, i was getting about 8-10% experience less an hour.

its all about time investement these days.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can really only imagine getting the experience from completing the dungeon from random LFG queueing.

15+ Year Old Account

XP for finishing but mostly it's 60's doing the weekly quests wanting to geti in and out asap because they offer no gear they need.

It shouldn't be possible to go further before you kill a boss tbh. I realize that people are there for exp and want to be done asap, but it's getting ridiculous.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    XP for finishing but mostly it's 60's doing the weekly quests wanting to geti in and out asap because they offer no gear they need.
    60’s aren’t doing Freehold for a weekly quest...

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You do get more XP by skipping. You save maybe 4 minutes. That is 16 minutes in 4 runs = a whole extra dungeon. So you add an extra bonus plus whatever XP you get clearing it.

That is the reason. Sucks, maybe they should switch it to bosses giving more XP and the bonus from random.. well, get ride of it.
    Or keep the bonus, but only grant it if all bosses on the progression tracker for the dungeon are dead.

Happens in Plaguefall as well.

I find it infuriating. Kind of an oversight from Blizz. They must make all bosses a requirement for the end dungeon xp. Maybe increase the xp they give as well to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

I find it infuriating. Kind of an oversight from Blizz. They must make all bosses a requirement for the end dungeon xp. Maybe increase the xp they give as well to compensate.
    I dont remember exactly for sure,but i recall they made some changes to the bonus objectives for lower lvl dungeons,i think they removed the bonuses from killing extra bosses or something,it may be back now idk,but i recall it becoming pointless to do optional bosses at that point

It kind of sucks but that is what happens when you make everything in the game utterly meaningless until you get to end game. This is not the disease itself.. merely a symptom.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Fun thing about playing a tank... I don't want to skip, so we don't. Someone complains occasionally and I just say "I don't care" and everyone does what I do. I recommend it.
    I mostly do a "let's vote, type + in chat for full clear" and if there are 3 + we do them even though I always vote - as tank. But seeing how dps spend a lot of time in queue I give them a chance to do their quests.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

I am only afraid that then, even with the good intention, they would achieve a far worse result.

If people already get in, don´t say even fucking "hi", and just rush in, then flame people because they didn´t even have 2 seconds to instantly guess what the tank was about to pull out of his ass... So well, imagine if, on top of that, now you have to clear even more things in, the rush will be even higher.

You know, I am the kind of player who can do FAST runs, but you can do that and jeep it enjoyable. These morons, hell, they grind my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Its just faster to xp when u get bonus XP from finishing dungeon (killing last boss) than bulldoze whole dungeon. You can run whole for example in 20min or go straigt to last in 10min. XP per hour is just better.
    I wonder why people even play when they seem to consider any time spent to play as wasted and prefer to skip content just to rush faster and "win" 10 mn...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I wonder why people even play when they seem to consider any time spent to play as wasted and prefer to skip content just to rush faster and "win" 10 mn...
    Because time is mana friend. I do realize is better to save some play time and invest it to endgame. I do have much less time to play this days. If u do dungeon spam for lvling that is pretty obvious u want to do this ASAP so skippin is good idea. If you do like enjoy leveling journey you should go questing anyway :P