Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question How do you all chose to play a warlock ?

How do you all chose to play a warlock ?
    Last edited by Hiddenn; 2021-11-20 at 09:14 PM.

I chose it back in TBC, I thought the gameplay mechanics were interesting and it had a cheaper alternative to a mount. So I don't fall into any of your catagories. It seems to me you have some sort of philosophical or spiritual objection to the warlock class as a whole and are biased against a video game mechanic. I would wager you think Doom promotes Satanism.

I chose it back in vanilla because it had a pet. Had a mage at around level 16 and wanted a pet too so I rerolled lock.
    Didn't like a class more than locks and have mained one until Legion when I briefly switched to DH.
    Then when classic came, went back to maining a lock in classic and abandoned it in retail in favor of DH (felt redundant to main the same class in both versions). Can't say I'm too fond of what demo and affliction have become either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenn View Post
    Do you all chose to main a warlock because you are a edgelord , a goth , a emo , a rebelious person , a outcast person , a person how like to use dark powers for greater good , a person who don't care about the opinion of others about what magic he/she use or a occultist who practice occult , magic and black magic in irl ?
    18 years ago or six months after this game came out I picked a warlock. I knew nothing of being "OP" or "bad ass". I didn't even know what those terms meant. I just loved warlocks because of what I saw in movies and from different lore of other games and mythical cultural lore. So I made one and I was like they are cool. Then I learned all about raiding and fighting bosses and doing 40 man raids.

Back then warlocks were cool and it was rather easy to play them. Their wasn't any of this snapshotting shit and their wasn't all these bitches whining about loot and not much whining about DPS. People had fun. Hell now. It is a whole new story.

But as of right now, I have shelved my warlock in favor rogues. Warlocks suck and the rotation of affliction is just plain ridiculous.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Originally i picked it in vanilla cuzz it felt the most similar to wc3 Illidan. The gameplay was captivating with demons taking damage for you and being self sustaining. I also liked how there were so many tiny decision making moments which mattered, something that stayed with the claas until BFA.

Over the years the class and game evolved, MoP redesign came from heaven and they really managed to capture a complicated affliction playstyle which rots doen your enemies in pve and pvp. Both MoP and Legion were high points in that regard. When real demon hunters were released they were so oversimplified i didnt even felt the need to level one.

Then BFA kinda shat on the class, and SL only fixed demo somewhat (aff being a powerful but unfun mess in raids and just a sad clunky mess in m+). I still enjoy demo and dest but i miss the glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I chose it back in vanilla because it had a pet. Had a mage at around level 16 and wanted a pet too so I rerolled lock.
    Omg this was me. I leveled mage and was amazed by the fact that somebody had a pet demon. Rerolled to warlock before I even ventured out of Elwynn Forest. Mained warlock in BC then switched to druid from WotLK to present day

5+ Year Old Account
    My warlock is an evil raw emotion which was expelled from my uncorupted mage. It's a complicated story with N'zoth involved. He's the worst! While my mage is being a selfless hero, doing chores, trying to save the world, he's just sitting there like a royal and all he does is Ember Court rave parties till 3 am.

I chose it more than 10 years back, because I like casters and I like having pets. Also succubus.

I chose it to upset you specifically

I started with an amazon, it was ok. Leveled her to a point. Made a warlock undead (cuz they look bad ass) leveled them up within a week or 2 in BC. Never touched my hunter again. Who wouldnt want to be a amazing undead warlock??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

I chose it because my relative played it. Then i began to love the class for its thematics and feel. Especially MoP warlock and to some extent wod warlock, wod does not deserve to be abbreviated like MoP. Affliction was fucked dead in wod though, no dot snapshotting ruined the spec.
    My favourite spec in terms of gameplay and theme is demonology as it was in MoP. It was so much fun and an active joy to play with dot snapshotting doom, immolation aura, demonic leap, carrion swarm, service demon axe toss, chaos wave 2 charge burst, infernal like any other spec for that once in a while short stun. The spec had a engaging way to pool resources and to be used as needed, sometimes you needed burst with meta, sometimes you needed mobility with meta in terms of that shadow bolt conversion and demonic leap and carrion swarm.

ugh... i miss it

Honestly, I think it is one of the hardest classes in the game to play well, consistently. Its rotation isn't the hardest per se, but it is one of, if not one of the most punishing classes if you mess up, especially with Aff or Demo.

I swapped to this after tanking on a warrior since Vanilla, but once they made those shit changes come MoP, I went to Demo, which was a fucking blast, but then have bounced between all 3 specs ever since. Mostly preferring Aff, as it is nice to have a few instant cast spells while doing mechanics. I know, most folks don't do them, but after raiding Savage in FFXIV so much, its ingrained into me to do literally every mechanic possible. Unless I know I can sit through it with CDs, and let my healer know ahead of time.

Do you all chose to main a warlock because you are a edgelord , a goth , a emo , a rebelious person , a outcast person , a person how like to use dark powers for greater good , a person who don't care about the opinion of others about what magic he/she use or a occultist who practice occult , magic and black magic in irl ?
    Ignoring that people called you out so you edited your OP, this bolded part right here? Do you seriously believe that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Black was my favorite color in MTG to play. Seemed pretty fitting to me.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

5+ Year Old Account
    I like playing the bad guy and warlock is visually pleasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I chose it to upset you specifically
    This, but also because I dug the theme. I'm a fan of antiheroes. Also, when I'd gotten to Brill after rolling my first Forsaken way back when, there was a human warlock wrecking the place with an infernal. I was sold and never looked back.

Back when I was 11 I was really into WC3 custom maps and a lot of them had "summoning" aspects to them, like "Summoner Wars" and "Line Defense". I just got so into summoning things that when I started WoW I instantly went to Warlock and haven't changed since. I think the Bard's Tale is also to blame.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing vanilla back when I was like 22 I think?

I could say yes a little to most of those, but never probably not edgelord...well maybe a tiny bit because I was young and stupid and it sounded cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohvul View Post
    I like purple
    But how about, purple and green and purple and black and purple with purple, green, and black?