Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Unless they are refugees of a cataclysm destroying their homeland that just randomly witnessed the Alliance trying to kill a formerly Horde character on his way to help save the world
    or innocent shopkeepers unwiling to bow to foreign soldiers for no reason...
    or in a way of dwarven digsite...
    or miners on neutral (or even on horde) land...
    or shopkeepers in their own shops in a way of alliance laying siege to their capitol...
    or vendors transporting their goods in a caravan...

Imagine thinking a certain Cosmic Force is naturally evil. Did you just miss out on the entirety of the Chronicles or some shit? Did you not listen to any interviews? I’m genuinely curious as to why some of you think this...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    or innocent shopkeepers unwiling to bow to foreign soldiers for no reason...
    or in a way of dwarven digsite...
    or miners on neutral (or even on horde) land...
    or shopkeepers in their own shops in a way of alliance laying siege to their capitol...
    or vendors transporting their goods in a caravan...
    Obligatory excuse coming soon.

Isn't the one thing wow has shown in the last years, that NONE of the fundamental forces in the wow universe order disorder life death light and shadow are basically neither good nor evil but all serve themselves and are in a way like painkillers?

Good in small doses, but take too much and you get addicted no matter what? Our world is just quite close to light and order so shadow and disorder are viewed as rather bad.

Maybe you could say that disorder and shadow have a allure the others have not that makes it easier to fall for it. But in itself it is neither bad nor good just... egoistic?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    but let me ask you this: do you think it's possible to create a nicer/cleaner alternative to spells like agony? i bet warlocks have tried and failed.
    'How is the research going?'

'Terribly. Curse of Relentless Tickling simply doesnt have the same impact as Curse of Agony. Reginald also failed in his variant of a cleaner corruption, but it gave the subject explosive diarrhea.'

'That's no good. And of Unstable Affliction?'

'Mildly inconvenient irritation doesnt feel good at all.'

'That's good, isnt it?

'To cast, sir. I didnt become a warlock for this nonsense.'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    The best example of this we have in the game is literally Xe'ra forcing a light conversion on Illidan, ignoring is free will. Before that, the Light was seen as mostly a force for good but we can clearly see now that the Light is nor good or evil. It's a powerful force that can be used for good. Another example along these lines is the current crusade started by Yrel on Alternate Draenor. I'm sure she feel she's fighting for the good side, but she killed a lot of people and force-converted them to the Light.
    I mean, we kind of see that with the Scarlet Crusade since Vanilla, too.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    So why exactly are we ignoring the Light based classes here? It is clear that Light is as much bad as Void and Fel magic. Even nature based magic is quite bad in occasions where they go out of control or become power hungry. But yeah, why are we ignoring Light based power? Why aren't we talking about the corruptive nature of Light magic?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    The best example of this we have in the game is literally Xe'ra forcing a light conversion on Illidan, ignoring is free will. Before that, the Light was seen as mostly a force for good but we can clearly see now that the Light is nor good or evil. It's a powerful force that can be used for good. Another example along these lines is the current crusade started by Yrel on Alternate Draenor. I'm sure she feel she's fighting for the good side, but she killed a lot of people and force-converted them to the Light.
    Even before that it wasn't seen as a force of good. The Scarlet Crusade used the Light to torture and hunt down innocents for example.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Considering the Horde has just as little compulsion for mercy as the Legion and burned a tree full of civilians for no reason, I don't see why using the Void on them would be overkill in any way.
    On soldiers and leaders of course. We are still the Alliance and do not wipe out civilians for fun. That would be a warcrime.

Restraining yourself in a defensive war, where the other side is clearly out to destroy you, is crazy. You use every tool avaiable to preserve your life and that of your friends and family. Anything less is tantamount to treason.
    So, you support using chemical weapons in defensive wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibility View Post
    What is your definition of evil and evil acts then?
    Ah Yes, let me answer one of the most puzzling questions in the history of mankind, alongside "What is the meaning of life?" and "What is our purpose as humans?".
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ah Yes, let me answer one of the most puzzling questions in the history of mankind, alongside "What is the meaning of life?" and "What is our purpose as humans?".
    This isn't really a difficult theological or philosophical question. There are certain things that humans as a whole are fundamentally drawn to declare "evil". Read C.S. Lewis and he does a pretty good job of explaining why moral relativism is bullshit.