View Poll Results: do you want Meta back for Demo?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • yes

11 61.11%
  • no

7 38.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I did really enjoy the WoD version of demo, having 2 rotations that change your spell like that felt really cool.

Speaking as a warlock main since vanilla...Ever since they removed meta from demonology the spec was never interesting to me. Meta was just such a fun button to press in both iterations it had. The first wotlk/cata version gave you new powerful abilites and damage buff + so much armor that you could actually tank a boss that turned on you after the actual tank died. And the second mop/wod version transformed your abilites into more powerful versions and not just damage wise but also utility and mobility. You could also pick and choose when exactly you wanted the dmg/movement cd and for how long thanks to the demonic fury pooling mechanic.

And then came legion...and not only did warlocks lose meta so DH can be unique , the DH version is not even close to warlocks when it comes to interesting gameplay. It just makes you leap and stun which is less interesting on a DH since they have so much mobility and a stun anyway and gives you a damage/leech buff. When you meta on a DH...for the next 30sec you play exactly the same as if you didn't meta. That's the havoc version anyway...didn't really play vengeance so not sure about that one.

Meanwhile demonology has been a clunky boring mess ever since imo. Summoning a bunch of weak demons one after another just so you can empower one big tyrant at the end and then it just stands there shooting little shadowflame bolts at the enemy as if it was just a big imp or something. And any interruption due to a fight mechanic (or god forbid pvp haha) during the big setup ruins your dps.

Even lore wise I don't get how so many people find it hard to believe that a dark caster that wields demonic power could transform into a demon temporarily. Even Illidan got the ability after absorbing the energies of the skull of GULDAN ( one of the greatest WARLOCKS ) . And there is a whole questline in mop explaining the whole thing.

So yeah...needless to say I would love to have meta back for demonology. It would revive the spec for me. I think the first wotlk/cata version would work best since that way you could still have the demon summoner playstyle that some people like. It could even be a talent replacing one of many never used talents that demo has right now.

No matter if they bring it back for retail...at least when wotlk classic comes I will enjoy having the first version of demo meta back. Can't wait.

Having also played a warlock since Vanilla and remembering metamorphosis demo fondly, no. Even back then it didn't fit the theme of the spec having a stupidly overpowered warlock (and yes, we were stupidly overpowered) and a slightly stronger demon didn't make sense. It makes way more sense for Demon Hunters. That said, demo has been pretty clunky and uninspired since then. I like Implosion, kind of fits the "disposable demon" idea, but DCon is an awkward talent in every way (thematically, scaling, rotation, etc) and Nether Portal just never saw the tuning that made it the go-to. Personally I'd much rather see the spec designed around summoning a variety of demons and each one granting the caster different, synergystic abilities. Yes, it'd be some RNG but it'd make for a more fun rotation than basically HoG/SB spams and holding most other summons for DCon. Also let us summon a Pit Lord for our main cd and bake the Tyrant pet damage buff into it.