Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are there any single player games with "Gameplay loop" ?

Hey.

Basically i'm looking for a game that does not have an "End".. Pretty much an MMORPG but offline and single player.

Questing, leveling up, max level then dungeons, raids to gear up etc.

Not looking for Torchlights, Diablo, Dark souls or Skyrim as those have very different structure than the games i'm looking for.

I'm wondering if single player games have any thing like that?

I'm just tired of having to find groups and players to do any thing in the online games..

I just want to be able to do dungeons, kill bosses and get loot without the constant waiting or searching.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

7+ Year Old Account
    Genshin Impact? Heard it's pretty much endless, but it requires online to play even if you don't play with other people.
    Haven't played it myself but apparently people consider it an almost-mmo even though it really isn't. The focus on exploration might not be your cup of tea though.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-04-23 at 10:06 PM.

Valheim?

Although it's online, but it kinda fits your criteria.

You can play solo, collect loot, kill bosses, build base, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Basically i'm looking for a game that does not have an "End".. Pretty much an MMORPG but offline and single player.

Not looking for Torchlights, Diablo, Dark souls or Skyrim as those have very different structure than the games i'm looking for.

I'm just tired of having to find groups and players to do any thing in the online games..

I just want to be able to do dungeons, kill bosses and get loot without the constant waiting or searching.
    Them idle clicker games where you keep upgrading for bigger numbers for all eternity?

If you don't actually mind online play you can try Runescape as it is basically a single player MMORPG that just has other players around to talk to. Honestly the best designed MMO out there imo. Runescape literally fits all your other listed criteria and the grind is endless in that game, but you also feel like you're getting something useful every step of the way. Unlike Wow where you grind for gear that becomes worthless next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Valheim?

Although it's online, but it kinda fits your criteria.

You can play solo, collect loot, kill bosses, build base, etc.
    In short terms.. i want an MMORPG that's offline without being restricted to needing people for stuff.

Personally the footage i've seen from Valheim looks very bad and nothing like an rpg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If you don't actually mind online play you can try Runescape as it is basically a single player MMORPG that just has other players around to talk to. Honestly the best designed MMO out there imo. Runescape literally fits all your other listed criteria and the grind is endless in that game, but you also feel like you're getting something useful every step of the way. Unlike Wow where you grind for gear that becomes worthless next patch.
    "Online" is not the problem.

It's the "Having to group up to do any thing"

But i would not be able to stand runescapes graphics sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Genshin Impact? Heard it's pretty much endless, but it requires online to play even if you don't play with other people.
    Haven't played it myself but apparently people consider it an almost-mmo even though it really isn't. The focus on exploration might not be your cup of tea though.
    I'm steering clear of Genshin tbh.. don't need another game to add to my Micro-transaction-addiction.

I'm steering clear of Genshin tbh.. don't need another game to add to my Micro-transaction-addiction.
    Just dont use any money then. Pretty easy.

So, you want an RPG. Its not an MMO without the MMO part.

Closest other then genshin would be any monster hunter game. You can solo it with enough skill. Pokemon. Doesn't have raids, but its literally endless, though your gear are the pokemon themselves.

Wont really get much closer then that tbh. Most games that are exactly as you describe are going to require other players. Wont be really endless content in most games that don't have transactions for something since, at that point, its not profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Just dont use any money then. Pretty easy.

So, you want an RPG. Its not an MMO without the MMO part.

Closest other then genshin would be any monster hunter game. You can solo it with enough skill. Pokemon. Doesn't have raids, but its literally endless, though your gear are the pokemon themselves.

Wont really get much closer then that tbh. Most games that are exactly as you describe are going to require other players. Wont be really endless content in most games that don't have transactions for something since, at that point, its not profitable.
    Maby this is the million dollar idea then.. something that has never been done before

Grim Dawn is single player and have some endless modes in it, pretty good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Pokemon. Doesn't have raids, but its literally endless, though your gear are the pokemon themselves.
    But it does. 4 people vs 1 boss Pokemon. The 2nd DLC even added an improved version of the raids, with 5 continuous raid battles that branch into paths, depending on what types you need for the legendary at the end and what items may lie in the path. Also, you can only use rental Pokemon to not oneshot everything, since they (thank god) don't have the dumb shields in there.

Many single-player games meet this criteria; the OP just doesn't want to play any of them in favor of an imaginary game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    But it does. 4 people vs 1 boss Pokemon. The 2nd DLC even added an improved version of the raids, with 5 continuous raid battles that branch into paths, depending on what types you need for the legendary at the end and what items may lie in the path. Also, you can only use rental Pokemon to not oneshot everything, since they (thank god) don't have the dumb shields in there.
    Those things are mostly a solo experience from when I played back near launch. No matter how long I would wait, never did find a group through the in game system.

OT: Just thought of this, minecraft. Only end is when you dont wanna build anything else anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Maby this is the million dollar idea then.. something that has never been done before
    Doubt it. With no micro transactions, nor sub fees, how would they possibly make money to off set a continued cost for producing more content?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

i want an MMORPG that's offline without being restricted to needing people for stuff.
    I don't mean to be rude, but, you do know what the "MMO" part means, right?

That said, have you checked Hero Loop?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but, you do know what the "MMO" part means, right?
    Please look up what Runescape. MMO only means you play in a world with a large number of players, it doesn't mean the game needs to require those players to be in a group with you to do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

But i would not be able to stand runescapes graphics sorry.
    Understandable seeing as graphics is one of the game's weak point. Kind of a testament to how well the rest of the game is designed if so many players are willing to overlook it.

But just so we are clear, there's Old School Runescape and RS3 which is a more modern game with updated graphics. The difference between them is basically like Classic and Retail WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Please look up what Runescape. MMO only means you play in a world with a large number of players, it doesn't mean the game needs to require those players to be in a group with you to do anything.
    OP was specifically asking for an MMORPG that he could play offline. That does not compute. Wouldn't mean that people couldn't still suggest MMOs for his singleplayer desires, but that statement in itself was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    OP was specifically asking for an MMORPG that he could play offline. That does not compute. Wouldn't mean that people couldn't still suggest MMOs for his singleplayer desires, but that statement in itself was weird.
    Ah, excuse me then. I thought you were peddling the "MMOs need to only have group content" line.

You want something modern with good graphic and that kind of game just don't exist and in this micro-transaction era probably never will.

Torchlights and diablo are arpg, dark souls im not sure, skyrim is kind of a traditional rpg and I don't really understand the "very different structure" part, can you elaborate on that? You have 3 completely different type of rpg and I don't see what they have in common.

Honnestly I'm sure there is a mod for Skyrim that would add the item farming you're looking for with custom dungeon/raid, unless you want to manage a team and thats what you mean by different structure?
    Last edited by jsrfuture; 2021-04-24 at 04:39 AM.

Hey.

fallout 4 has no level cap,you can get all skils eventualy but it will take a long ass time,and has radiant quests that never end,also you have a bilion mods to do whatever you like with it,as bad of a rep as bethesda gets,atleast when it comes to modding,this game is proly the best

dying light has a similar infinite leveling system

grim dawn is an amazing arpg and wile you can be ''done'' with a character,one of the most interesting aspects of that game is trying all of its class combination builds

dragon's dogma feels a lot like an mmo

kingdoms of amalur also has a mmo-like feel

dragon age inquisition is very mmo-ish in feel,but does end but you can play different classes with some differences

monster hunter world

Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris sounds like what you are looking for.

It simulates a MMORPG and you can play it online or offline its up to you.

Takes nearly 250 hours to 100% the game last time I played it and since then they added more content. There are dungeons, Raids, exploration, achivements, gear grinds, etc everything you listed you wanted

Personally I liked Fatal bullet alot, and I enjoyed Lycoris, but there were ALOT of bugs when I played it but I heard since I finished it they been ironed out.