Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkimpact View Post
    Post is an uninterrupted stream of mental thought vomited onto a page. Yes, things are a mixed bag at the moment and many are upset. Everyone is aware.
    brilliant, love the analogy. and agree!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you were arguing that dps being the reason holy priests aren't taken to that high keys...
    you dont seem to understand so here let me break it down for you what it takes for a class to be meta:

    throughput
    survival
    control

    those 3 things are what makes a class meta. added together as an overall power whichever is the most useful becomes meta for the role.

    you seem to be under the illusion that its only dps that makes a class meta. the most important element is easily survival hence why ret paladins barely existed in bfa, there stat priority was mastery which did nothing for survival.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-04-24 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #102
    "There is poor class representation in the top 1% of the top 1% of the game. I'm here to inform this forum of fellow 1%ers that this is unacceptable and the time for change is now!"

    Sir, this is a Wendy's.

  3. #103
    it is inevitable that they are gonna piss some people off, for example, Im a big fan of playing every part of the game, I also believe that players should be rewarded for it. that means a player who does Mythic raiding, M+, and high ranked PVP should have a gear advantage of some sort. not in the power of the items obtained, but in the speed of which you obtain them. Why? because you need completely different items for different content. Compare the weekly ilvl 226 item you get in the vault to someone who ONLY pvp's or ONLY raids, he gets to choose 1 out of 16 items that he needs every week, meanwhile if he does both Raiding, and PVP all of a sudden he needs ~32 items. obviously those numbers are made up to try and prove a point, depends on class and content.

    I think people cried way too hard about the PVP gear, for the most part its not particularly useful for the majority of classes due to the stats available, so it comes down to Weapons / trinkets mostly, of which you can get a 233 weapon from PVP faster than most people will kill Sire Mythic, but honestly, if u removed RBG's from the equation, the difficulty it takes for most classes except a few (looking at you warriors and pally bois) make it reasonable fair imo, the other change i would have liked to see, is not being able to get weapons from the vault. watching some people RNG into a 233 weapon before even being able to set foot inside the Mythic raid was pretty cringe.

    Looking at my own alt resto shaman that I had to gear, I chose to gear it through pvp, got full 226, and then I had to go and do dungeons, after the valor patch, to get 220 items, simply because the insane amount of Vers wasnt worth it, even if the item was 6 ilvl's higher. thats on a class that actually likes vers.. but casuals will always cry about stuff they don't have a clue about. just look at most of the replies on this thread. Imagine not thinking that shadow lands has MASSIVE balance issues on every level of gameplay.

    this thread is like reading every wow forum crying about rogues, meanwhile literally any top end player is sitting there laughing at how bad they are, even pre-nerf we had Dilly sitting there having to explain to his chat that was crying about the 3x sub rogues running amok on the EU ladder, that the issue has nothing to do with the rogue class, but to do with stupid and bugged abilities and trinkets, such as Shadowy Duel. to paraphrase "If any 3 dps classes were allowed to wail on a healer for 6 seconds, he would obviously die".

    the balance in Arena is the biggest joke it has ever been, it is quite literally as bad as BFA corruptions, which is quite impressive.

    The balance for M+ is also just about the worst it has ever been, and thats including Legion where holy paladins were also undiputed kings of key pushing. but atleast it was only for top end pushing. they werent the kings of damage, so for speed clearing slightly lower keys ( 24-26 ) there were better choices, like resto shamans single target DPS being only slightly behind the average DPS specc. meaning they were amazing for killing bosses, and considering the low level of the key, they could keep up with the healing, and bringing utility.

    Tank wise the its as bad as legion DK's with Demon hunters simply being insanely dominant.

    Healing wise its somehow managed to get worse, with Hpallies in Shadow lands being the best at literally everything, and also just happends to actually want to play one of the covenants that the other meta classes do not.

    DPS wise its hard to say, the 3rd spot is definitely seeing more variety than ever before, but the iron grip that hunter/mage has atm is about as insane as Outlaw rogues in BFA Season 2.

    I went into the expansion playing a Rogue. I genuinly like Sub, even if it isnt the best it has ever been to play, its still pretty damn good. and its insanely fun in PVP. Sadly after getting 2.4k and getting to the harder bosses in Castle nathria, i havent really logged into my rogue since. all I wanted was to play the game, but my character choice made it really damn hard, with insanely bad M+ performance unless your group caters to you, and understands the change in routes when playing with a Rogue, which eventually got better a little later on with other classes getting nerfed, its still a sub-par pick but atleast we exist in the meta, unlike many others. my class was fun to play in PVP, but I was forced to play RMP if I wanted to push higher, a comp I'm not particularly fond of. any high rated pvper can imagine how much me and my hunter partner was laughing at back peddling warrior / hpally combos in 2's, outplaying them left right and center, watching them fall for a Shadow step Ledge baits 4 or even 5 times in one arena, and still end up losing. no matter how fun the class is, that eventually wears you out.

    There was no space for my rogue that made sense, not only were we the worst DPS specc in the game, but our damage pattern was also god fucking awful with 0 burst. I still remember looking at our Darkvein logs, watching my highest DPS spike on the opener be 18k, meanwhile our ret paladins and boomkins were spiking anywhere between 30-60k, while bringing a butt load of utility for the raid, and higher overall damage.

    If i was really attached to my rogues raid spot, im absolutely sure I could have it, but it just made more sense to play other classes and alts, with worse gear, and less experience, since the gap in power was just that astronomically huge.

    *PS* I agree with the OP, I do not like to be a burden to my friends, so the whole just find a guild, or get some friends argument is so freaking weak. even if they were content with basically carrying me because of my class choice, I wouldn't be.

    Overall ive liked the gameplay of Shadow lands, but the content has been lackluster, covenants are the worst, and the extreme balance issues has turned me into a raid logger for the first time in 15 years.

  4. #104
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm impressed that no one has been able to counter any of the OP's facts.
    Too busy raging at OP for talking badly about the game

  5. #105
    I mean to be fair when in the last ten years hasn't Blizzard pissed off a large amount of players? its getting mad at the sun coming up each morning at this point.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    where you gone? heres some more.

    RESTO DRUID:
    world 1: x2 24s in time
    world 2: no 24s
    world 20: x1 23, rest 22 or below
    world 40: x2 22, rest 21 or below.

    this is where i look when im seeing whats happening in the game and if its worth trying to push, world 40... then you look at paladin.

    Paladin
    world 1: x1 27 (3 above rdruid)
    world 2: x1 27 (4 above rdruid)
    world 20: x1 26 (3 above rdruid)
    world 40: 24s (mainly 3 above rdruid)

    why the hell would i try and push on my rdruid when paladin is 3 levels above? what you thinks gonna happen if i sign for a 24 key when only one rdruid in THE WORLD has completed ONE 24 key in time? DECLINE

    the reason i quit in december was there was a massive gap opening up between shaman and paladin when i was doing 15s before christmas trying to get in 16s people were asking for shaman/paladin because they were facerolling 17s/18s and strongly contributing to in time at higher keys due to dps which druid was weak as hell >>>>>>>>>IN COMPARISON<<<<<<<<<< i dont make stuff up, im not a pretender that just makes up numbers, i actually do research.
    It's so cute.

    Did you make this same thread in BfA when all healers were resto druids?
    I bet you didn't.

    Newsflash kiddo: classes are not 1-1 balanced for 24+ keys.
    I know, it's hard to believe.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    it is inevitable that they are gonna piss some people off, for example, Im a big fan of playing every part of the game, I also believe that players should be rewarded for it. that means a player who does Mythic raiding, M+, and high ranked PVP should have a gear advantage of some sort. not in the power of the items obtained, but in the speed of which you obtain them. Why? because you need completely different items for different content. Compare the weekly ilvl 226 item you get in the vault to someone who ONLY pvp's or ONLY raids, he gets to choose 1 out of 16 items that he needs every week, meanwhile if he does both Raiding, and PVP all of a sudden he needs ~32 items. obviously those numbers are made up to try and prove a point, depends on class and content.

    I think people cried way too hard about the PVP gear, for the most part its not particularly useful for the majority of classes due to the stats available, so it comes down to Weapons / trinkets mostly, of which you can get a 233 weapon from PVP faster than most people will kill Sire Mythic, but honestly, if u removed RBG's from the equation, the difficulty it takes for most classes except a few (looking at you warriors and pally bois) make it reasonable fair imo, the other change i would have liked to see, is not being able to get weapons from the vault. watching some people RNG into a 233 weapon before even being able to set foot inside the Mythic raid was pretty cringe.

    Looking at my own alt resto shaman that I had to gear, I chose to gear it through pvp, got full 226, and then I had to go and do dungeons, after the valor patch, to get 220 items, simply because the insane amount of Vers wasnt worth it, even if the item was 6 ilvl's higher. thats on a class that actually likes vers.. but casuals will always cry about stuff they don't have a clue about. just look at most of the replies on this thread. Imagine not thinking that shadow lands has MASSIVE balance issues on every level of gameplay.

    this thread is like reading every wow forum crying about rogues, meanwhile literally any top end player is sitting there laughing at how bad they are, even pre-nerf we had Dilly sitting there having to explain to his chat that was crying about the 3x sub rogues running amok on the EU ladder, that the issue has nothing to do with the rogue class, but to do with stupid and bugged abilities and trinkets, such as Shadowy Duel. to paraphrase "If any 3 dps classes were allowed to wail on a healer for 6 seconds, he would obviously die".

    the balance in Arena is the biggest joke it has ever been, it is quite literally as bad as BFA corruptions, which is quite impressive.

    The balance for M+ is also just about the worst it has ever been, and thats including Legion where holy paladins were also undiputed kings of key pushing. but atleast it was only for top end pushing. they werent the kings of damage, so for speed clearing slightly lower keys ( 24-26 ) there were better choices, like resto shamans single target DPS being only slightly behind the average DPS specc. meaning they were amazing for killing bosses, and considering the low level of the key, they could keep up with the healing, and bringing utility.

    Tank wise the its as bad as legion DK's with Demon hunters simply being insanely dominant.

    Healing wise its somehow managed to get worse, with Hpallies in Shadow lands being the best at literally everything, and also just happends to actually want to play one of the covenants that the other meta classes do not.

    DPS wise its hard to say, the 3rd spot is definitely seeing more variety than ever before, but the iron grip that hunter/mage has atm is about as insane as Outlaw rogues in BFA Season 2.

    I went into the expansion playing a Rogue. I genuinly like Sub, even if it isnt the best it has ever been to play, its still pretty damn good. and its insanely fun in PVP. Sadly after getting 2.4k and getting to the harder bosses in Castle nathria, i havent really logged into my rogue since. all I wanted was to play the game, but my character choice made it really damn hard, with insanely bad M+ performance unless your group caters to you, and understands the change in routes when playing with a Rogue, which eventually got better a little later on with other classes getting nerfed, its still a sub-par pick but atleast we exist in the meta, unlike many others. my class was fun to play in PVP, but I was forced to play RMP if I wanted to push higher, a comp I'm not particularly fond of. any high rated pvper can imagine how much me and my hunter partner was laughing at back peddling warrior / hpally combos in 2's, outplaying them left right and center, watching them fall for a Shadow step Ledge baits 4 or even 5 times in one arena, and still end up losing. no matter how fun the class is, that eventually wears you out.

    There was no space for my rogue that made sense, not only were we the worst DPS specc in the game, but our damage pattern was also god fucking awful with 0 burst. I still remember looking at our Darkvein logs, watching my highest DPS spike on the opener be 18k, meanwhile our ret paladins and boomkins were spiking anywhere between 30-60k, while bringing a butt load of utility for the raid, and higher overall damage.

    If i was really attached to my rogues raid spot, im absolutely sure I could have it, but it just made more sense to play other classes and alts, with worse gear, and less experience, since the gap in power was just that astronomically huge.

    *PS* I agree with the OP, I do not like to be a burden to my friends, so the whole just find a guild, or get some friends argument is so freaking weak. even if they were content with basically carrying me because of my class choice, I wouldn't be.

    Overall ive liked the gameplay of Shadow lands, but the content has been lackluster, covenants are the worst, and the extreme balance issues has turned me into a raid logger for the first time in 15 years.
    this is pretty much everything i was trying to say but it came out as mental vomit as someone said, you do it so much better, thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    It's so cute.

    Did you make this same thread in BfA when all healers were resto druids?
    I bet you didn't.

    Newsflash kiddo: classes are not 1-1 balanced for 24+ keys.
    I know, it's hard to believe.
    heres my issue:

    non meta class 2k rio
    retardedly meta class 2k rio

    who is the better player?
    who gets the invite?

  8. #108
    From a psychological perspective, it seems like a lot of MMOs follow a warrior's philosophy in game design where strong people have the right to prey on weak people, and if weak people don't like it, they should get stronger. However, that philosophy is very similar and compatible to another philosophy...the bully philosophy.

    The bully philosophy is where people raise themselves up by putting weaker people around them down, thereby gaining self-esteem. The end result is a game that attracts and caters to cyber-bullies. That's why I find it so amusing that elitist people always find some scapegoat to blame for why the communities in these games are so bad. You can see a lot of these philosophies at work just reading this thread.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    this is pretty much everything i was trying to say but it came out as mental vomit as someone said, you do it so much better, thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -



    heres my issue:

    non meta class 2k rio
    retardedly meta class 2k rio

    who is the better player?
    who gets the invite?
    Whoever the group leader picks. What a shocker.

    Why would you imply that you are "better" with an off-meta spec?
    In fact, you are talking about the top of the top of gameplay and you are actively gimping yourself.
    That's not what pro's call "better".

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    From a psychological perspective, it seems like a lot of MMOs follow a warrior's philosophy in game design where strong people have the right to prey on weak people, and if weak people don't like it, they should get stronger. However, that philosophy is very similar and compatible to another philosophy...the bully philosophy.

    The bully philosophy is where people raise themselves up by putting weaker people around them down, thereby gaining self-esteem. The end result is a game that attracts and caters to cyber-bullies. That's why I find it so amusing that elitist people always find some scapegoat to blame for why the communities in these games are so bad. You can see a lot of these philosophies at work just reading this thread.
    i get what your saying but its different with wow due to the fact that the "bullies" actually need the weaker ppl to do a job to be able to progress otherwise the bully is having there time wasted.

    personally i feel guilty if i lose my crap, it sets of a chain of thought where lash out > feel bad > hate the game for allowing these players to be shoehorned into the same content im trying to progress in, at no point do i hate the weak player, i hate the game, there is no distinction due to class balance and free gearing the only real way you can truly get ahead now is through either persistance with "weaker" where you have to have tolerence to having your time repeatidly wasted otherwise your toxic/a bully. or get lucky with a premade of bullies.

    thats another topic entirely though tbh

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Why would you imply that you are "better" with an off-meta spec?.
    i didnt, you knew what i was saying though, didnt you
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-04-24 at 03:59 PM.

  11. #111
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post

    you
    ... you said...

    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    Healers in m+:
    druids, monks and priests watching on in envy as paladins press one button and do 10kdps
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    as you go up the levels that number will increase to the point where you will be in the same situation i was in december where your just behind the top level but cant go anyhigher because "sorry need pala for the dps of ashen"
    you were arguing it's about the dps...

  12. #112
    "The MMO I'm playing doesnt cater to me so heres an inaccurate list of why it's bad"

    Funny thing is you'll write this hate rant and still subscribe next month.

    Some of you just can't let go. It's unhealthy.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    ... you said...





    you were arguing it's about the dps...
    no it wasnt that, your taking comments from earlier in the thread. i said about priest not being meta, you then mentioned lack of survival as a counter arguement?

  14. #114
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    no it wasnt that, your taking comments from earlier in the thread.
    yes? because you said it's about the dps... i then pointed out it's not about the dps... which you insisted it was about... you didn't acknowledge the survivability issue for holy priests until i pointed out that's the issue with them...

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    i get what your saying but its different with wow due to the fact that the "bullies" actually need the weaker ppl to do a job to be able to progress otherwise the bully is having there time wasted.

    personally i feel guilty if i lose my crap, it sets of a chain of thought where lash out > feel bad > hate the game for allowing these players to be shoehorned into the same content im trying to progress in, at no point do i hate the weak player, i hate the game, there is no distinction due to class balance and free gearing the only real way you can truly get ahead now is through either persistance with "weaker" where you have to have tolerence otherwise your toxic/a bully. or get lucky with a premade of bullies.

    thats another topic entirely though tbh

    - - - Updated - - -



    i didnt, you knew what i was saying though, didnt you
    So you say that you are "better" even tho in your example both of you have 2k rio.
    Then you wonder why the meta gets picked instead on average?

    Have you been playing WoW for the past 16 years?

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    "The MMO I'm playing doesnt cater to me so heres an inaccurate list of why it's bad"

    Funny thing is you'll write this hate rant and still subscribe next month.

    Some of you just can't let go. It's unhealthy.
    i like how you jumped to the games defence without actually reading what i wrote, im currently active playing (and not enjoying) paladin because thats what has to be done if i want to play the game at the level i want to.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm impressed that no one has been able to counter any of the OP's facts.
    hard to counter facts whne there arent really any...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yes. We know. Blizzard has been screwing their fandom over for the past 7 years. .
    17 years
    wow is 17 years old and there are people complaining about pretty much every aspect of it since it began so its 17 years, not 7

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    i like how you jumped to the games defence without actually reading what i wrote, im currently active playing (and not enjoying) paladin because thats what has to be done if i want to play the game at the level i want to.
    Then do it. You could've got at least a few levels in the time that you spent furiously typing at people for cardinal sin of observing the hypocrisy of your internet conniption fit.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    yes? because you said it's about the dps... i then pointed out it's not about the dps... which you insisted it was about... you didn't acknowledge the survivability issue for holy priests until i pointed out that's the issue with them...
    someone else seen the discussion and pointed out to you that you were indeed agreeing with me at the time. he must have been wrong too.

  20. #120
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    someone else seen the discussion and pointed out to you that you were indeed agreeing with me at the time. he must have been wrong too.
    i wasn't agreeing with you... you were pointing to the wrong reason for why holy priests aren't taken... you insisted it's about dps... you insisted it's because holy paladins have ashen hallow...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •