Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So you don’t think getting told to find a group should be the answer because you are so good they should seek you out

You remind me of a pug my guild brought in during eternal palace
    The dps was good but they would do things to boost their dps that annoyed others and even fucked up the tank at one point and told them “you won’t kick me. Go on kick me pussy. You won’t do it.” Guess who got kicked

You have a severe problem that blizzard can’t fix

The game has been like this since its release, yet its still the most popular mmorpg. So gratz for finally figuring out the same thing people have been saying for over 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    SNIP
    Its extremely difficult to take anything you say seriously when you start off your thread title with such an obvious logical fallacy.

Suggestion: Dont sit down and write this stuff when you are angry. It makes you more emotional and less logical

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    lately i state that readding wf/tf is the solution for everyones problems,

who am i kidding, i need a signature for this very special reason

Even tho the OP sounds a little bit emotional I have to agree with some of what he said.

I'm playing Mistweaver main in SL and have been trying hard the last 3 months to push for higher keys. It's almost impossible at a certain point to get into PuGs anymore, I'm talking +19 and up. I don't shame the groups for not picking me, because I know they just want the best option for their key and if we're honest... with a Shaman or Paladin ur chances of having succes are higher in general. Those groups don't know me or how good I am with playing my class, so a mediocre Shaman is still as good as a good Monk most of the times.
    The problem is, that doesn't mean I'm not angry or sad about it. It just plain sucks to be declined only because I'm playing the "wrong" class or having the "wrong" covenant.
    I'm sitting there for hours applying to groups that should in theory be able to handle a MW (looking for already having HT and BR for example) and getting declined over and over, which is just a huge waste of time.

Also friends and guilds... well I'm in a casual raiding guild bcz my work schedule doesnt allow anything else, so every1 in there doesn't care for high m+... same with my friends, most do 15s and they're out. If I'm meeting ppl during my m+ runs and I'm trying to connect its very hard to either keep up with them or vice versa, because of my work schedule again, so what am I supposed to do? (playing shaman as alt aswell, but it just isn't as fun to me)
    The best bet is to quit my job, get a better guild and roll on with that I guess?
    Only time I was able to do 18+ keys was when I ran my own, but that's a gamble most of the time. So many times some1 makes a mistake in the run and instantly some1 leaves, bcz they doubt we'll be able to make it in time now. (tanks most of the time tbh)

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone actually stopped to think just how many sections of the community blizzard have screwed?

Every pve player that doesnt like pvp: annoyed that pvp had a better gearing system which gave them 2 options, be less geared than someone who goes and gets the gear or play content you do not enjoy.

pvpers that hate pve, conduits and legendaries need to be farmed / obtained from pve.

Healers in m+:
    druids, monks and priests watching on in envy as paladins press one button and do 10kdps, or parties seem unable to die when a good shaman is in the party. not a paladin or shaman in m+? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE

Tanks in m+:
    warriors....where have they all gone? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE
    paladin tanks in rbgs? where are they? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE

RNG:
    1)if you have bad rng in weekly vaults? theres another bunch of players that will be dissapointed through no fault of there own.

Misbalance in arena: dont get me started.

Covenents in dungeons, want to go halls 19 as resto druid? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE "im venth" invite. why would you be venth as rdruid? so you can do halls? lol

i dont think blizzard seem to understand that a large portion of there players become emotionally invested in the class they play "ive been a priest for 10 years" etc..... what if your class is bottom of the pile? blizzard have setup so that player then has to reroll to be viable, i recently rolled a pala, i hate it, i hate everything about it. its crap, its not me, but i have to play it if i want to go to the highest level because of that 1 button? thats so wrong! if i want the best gear i have to pvp, thats wrong!

ive written a HUGE portion of the playerbase thats been kicked in the balls in shadowlands. if your happy to reroll then i guess shadowlands might not be that bad, but if your commited to a class, or a couple of classes and blizzard havent setup your classes with reasonable balance GAME OVER.

I mean im sure there is much more than this, but this is just what i see.

AND NO, JOINING A COMMUNITY OR A GUILD SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME, IT SHOULD BE DOWN TO HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE AMAZING THEN THE FRIENDS COME TO YOU, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO CHASING FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU NEED A HAND THANKS TO BLIZZARD GIMPING YOU, THAT IS CALLED BEING CARRIED! SOME OF US DONT LIKE THAT!
    Go join a guild or community.

AND NO, JOINING A COMMUNITY OR A GUILD SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME,
    Uhm, dude - its an mmo ? OFC is playing with other the answer....?

And yes i agree to most of your points, but doing stuff with other players in a multiplayer game is the answer to some of them

paladin tanks in rbgs? where are they? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE[/QUOTE]

When were prot paladins good in rbg? Playing rbg since cata, and prot pallys where trash 99% of the time, for flagcarrier.

Meta of FCs where Warrior, in 4.3 druids became fameous, cause insane mobility, with legion DHs became the best FC, with bfa dhs and druids where the go untill today.

Sometimes you saw a prot warrior, it was okay, but dh and druids where always better.

Monk, pallys umd dk where always pretty meh, cause bad mobility and/or no real defensives.

Monk is go, when u are in your base and porting around, but to get to the base without dieing is hard. Stagger doenst really work in pvp, no big defensives.

Its all about good mobility with good defensives, thats where dhs and druids shine. If a third tank becomes popular again it will be warriors, with 3 heroic leaps legendary. But i doubt it.

Dks, pallys, warriors and monks are just played on low mmr oder maybe in some extreme cheesing comps.

Like once in legion (i guess) i saw a team on high mmr that played with prot warrior in offense, cause they played with the taunt dmg pvp talent and some other ceesing tjings, that worked well cause the played around this mechanic.
    Last edited by saixilein; 2021-04-24 at 08:25 AM.

AND NO, JOINING A COMMUNITY OR A GUILD SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME, IT SHOULD BE DOWN TO HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE AMAZING THEN THE FRIENDS COME TO YOU, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO CHASING FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU NEED A HAND THANKS TO BLIZZARD GIMPING YOU, THAT IS CALLED BEING CARRIED! SOME OF US DONT LIKE THAT!
    That's not how any of this works. Neither in game and certainly not in real life. But somehow I doubt that you know what "friends" are, if that's your definition of friendship. Also next time get sober before writing such clickbait posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why even write such a long essay?

Over 100 Million accounts created as of January 2014
    Approx 3.7 million ppl bought the SL X-pac

Blizzard annoyed at least 97,3% of their "playerbase" FACT.

And because people like to be THAT guy:

"Well dude...by now it is probably more like 150 million accounts created and they only have at max 1.5 million players left - it means they even annoyed 99% of the "playerbase"" - FACT

Because things are FACTS when you write them in caps and provide no sources other than "trust me"

(Here is a source though for the first claims: https://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/53...ounts-lifetime and https://www.gq.com.au/entertainment/...98e194459bf659)
    source is not written in caps, so not true.

Classes aren't perfectly balanced and never will.

The main point is to balance classes and make them fully viable to do the highest possible content that offers a reward.
    Doing >15 M+ aren't giving any rewards and there's no reason to do them(other than just enjoying them for the sake of doing them). I am pretty sure EVERY class possible in this game done EVERY M+ dungeon on +15 level. Same thing goes to any other content.

Also keep in mind that it's the players who choose who they invite. So the best solution is... to make your own group or join guild that invites you.

IF YOU ARE AMAZING THEN THE FRIENDS COME TO YOU
    Yeah bro, I hate to break it to you... but that is not how healthy relationships work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healers in m+:
    druids, monks and priests watching on in envy as paladins press one button and do 10kdps, or parties seem unable to die when a good shaman is in the party. not a paladin or shaman in m+? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE

Tanks in m+:
    warriors....where have they all gone? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE
    paladin tanks in rbgs? where are they? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE
    it seems u missed the class or just complain for complain, priest healer and DH tank dominates M+ as we saw in tournament (literally only DH tank, and healer 90% priest with a rare pally), also alliance racials are OP that both pve and pvp tournaments is almost purely alliance, 'luckily' game doesn't reflect that yet because it is brutally hard to dump ur 20+ year faction investment and switch to other side, but racial-wise alliance dominate since WoD at least
    I agree that SL pve scene specially is ridiculous when u don't see a single warlock in entire tournament or rogue outside of Necrowave dungeon or many specs missing like Brew/Mist monk etc, but u complaining about no priest in mythic? how? maybe u are wrong covenant or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Classes aren't perfectly balanced and never will.
    yeah but u still can use variety, SL pve scene killed that unlike BFA, pvp however SL is way better than BFA if that's important for u (we have far more variety of classes/specs)
    SL is first exp since they started pve tournaments in legion that use the least class/specs variety in wow, and in same time (not sure related or not tbh) the most variety i saw in pvp, and since i love pvp way more i'm not that angry (like WoD... WoD was pure humans + dwarf shaman or nelf druid) but still i'm puzzled
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Anyone actually stopped to think just how many sections of the community blizzard have screwed?

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG.. Its literally in the name, that you play with others

yes, 19s are free
    All of this is completely eradicated by joining a real guild (not those spam as many in social things) even if you aren't raiding, being a part of a community like that makes the game so much more fun, i mean WoW is MMO rpg. Its meant to be played with other people....

My raiders and officers all help those with lower gear, we invite them to hc runs, we do rbgs regardless of MMR or Ilvl, its just a fun environment and more people should find a proper guild....

- - - Updated - - -

Why do "freinds" have to come to you, its a two way street... and you dont have to be amazing when you start to progress ... everyone has to learn and if you are whining about people not wanting to play with you maybe you arent as amazing as you think ? or perhaps you need a personality adjustment... I mean its not being carried if youre all the same level which can be arranged in guilds too ... i think this is more of a you problem

Sorry, i couldn't resist:

Join a guild!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed that no one has been able to counter any of the OP's facts.

Where is the "FACT"?
    The only fact that there is to find, is that you are playing an MMO-RPG without the MMO part

Some lifehacks for you:

*Get social
    *git gud

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm impressed that no one has been able to counter any of the OP's facts.
    How to counter facts, if there are no facts?

Yes. We know. Blizzard has been screwing their fandom over for the past 7 years. It's just one thing after another and it's blatantly obvious that Ion and his team have a disdain for their customers and don't care about losing subscriptions.

5+ Year Old Account
    FACT!

This is huge bait.

The most skilled players do have the best gear...they also run with other highly skilled players doing the hardest content. You can't achieve that in a PUGs.