Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand try-harding in the game but why do you try-hard on MMO-Champion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    The game has been people chasing the meta ever since they added any sort of LFG type tool.
    Wrong information, it has always been about chasing meta.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME
    go play skyrim.

theoretical question... if 41% of the playerbase quit... the remaining 59% of the playerbase would become the new 100% playerbase... so would that mean that 100% of the new playerbase is currently not annoyed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody telling OP to join a guild or community, when an easy search of OP's post history will show you why guild would even want him.

3+ Year Old Account
    What are sources anyway.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Is this "fact" supposed to be impressive?

I am a nobody-no-lifer and even i make a lot of people mad just by being myself.

Ofcourse "BLizzard" is going to piss people off. Who doesnt?
    I dont see the big deal.

I was thinking about pounding my chest and saying some things too. But then I realized even if I baited the whole foum to response in the end I would have gained nothing, So I decided to post this instead. Way less effort and the same results.. nada!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm impressed that no one has been able to counter any of the OP's facts.
    There are no facts to counter. They are all his opinions., You agreeing with his opinions do not make them fact either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought rdruids were really good. Damn alright. Thanks friendly internet critic. Now I know to perpetuate the endless cycle of never taking specific classes.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    What are sources anyway.
    Nothing but a ketchup mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good one - nice irony, but does indeed sum up some ppl. Although I expected more like "This is from Blizzard sources and they all lie"
    Why are you still writing in non caps?

No one will take you seriously if you don't. FACT!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play less and less as the weeks pass. Once you reach 205'ish as a casual, there's really no reason to play until next patch, as you're just spinning the hamster wheel. No amount of time spent doing the solo stuff you've got time/schedule for allows you to increase power (which is the point of game according to most).
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

you are so full of crap, world 1 resto druid is doing 23s......TWENTY 3S!!!!!!!!!!! WORLD 1!!!!!

WORLD 2 HAS ZERO 24S!!!!!!!!!

So please do tell me more about how resto druid is not gimped and ussually end up around 24or26

pipe....down.....pretender.
    Wrong. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Blizzard is always pissing someone off. It's not really news and it's always been easy to scan through a forum and find people upset about different things.

...and once you start down that road the fun inevitably takes second place to math and spreadsheets.
    I do agree with you that it is impossible to make everybody happy every time, but that is not an exclusive Blizzard-problem.

Whilst you might not find it fun to be as optimal as possible, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I would just like to let you know that there are people for whom the best fun in-game is to use math and spreadsheets in order to make informed decisions on how to play optimally and then try to apply that theoretical knowledge to in-game situations.

Fun is completely relative. And I would like to add that Blizzard doesn't say anywhere how we should play the game in order how to have fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yes. We know. Blizzard has been screwing their fandom over for the past 7 years. It's just one thing after another and it's blatantly obvious that Ion and his team have a disdain for their customers and don't care about losing subscriptions.
    Are you seriously suggesting that a multi-billion dollar publicly owned company "doesn't care" about its revenue and profits?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadaukar View Post
    Even tho the OP sounds a little bit emotional I have to agree with some of what he said.

I'm playing Mistweaver main in SL and have been trying hard the last 3 months to push for higher keys. It's almost impossible at a certain point to get into PuGs anymore, I'm talking +19 and up. I don't shame the groups for not picking me, because I know they just want the best option for their key and if we're honest... with a Shaman or Paladin ur chances of having succes are higher in general. Those groups don't know me or how good I am with playing my class, so a mediocre Shaman is still as good as a good Monk most of the times.
    The problem is, that doesn't mean I'm not angry or sad about it. It just plain sucks to be declined only because I'm playing the "wrong" class or having the "wrong" covenant.
    I'm sitting there for hours applying to groups that should in theory be able to handle a MW (looking for already having HT and BR for example) and getting declined over and over, which is just a huge waste of time.

Also friends and guilds... well I'm in a casual raiding guild bcz my work schedule doesnt allow anything else, so every1 in there doesn't care for high m+... same with my friends, most do 15s and they're out. If I'm meeting ppl during my m+ runs and I'm trying to connect its very hard to either keep up with them or vice versa, because of my work schedule again, so what am I supposed to do? (playing shaman as alt aswell, but it just isn't as fun to me)
    The best bet is to quit my job, get a better guild and roll on with that I guess?
    Only time I was able to do 18+ keys was when I ran my own, but that's a gamble most of the time. So many times some1 makes a mistake in the run and instantly some1 leaves, bcz they doubt we'll be able to make it in time now. (tanks most of the time tbh)
    you have it far worse than me i salute you for still going at it, i actually downed tools in december, i came back with 219 ilvl as resto druid and pushed my own key to 19 in 1 week having had a 3 month break, at which point dps was tight in 20...im an experienced player, i knew if i was sat on a paladin that 20 wouldnt have been so tight due to the extra dps a paladin would bring, but as druid.... found myself asking whats the point and again i downed tools.

Ultimately, if your a top rdruid it doesnt matter, so you get in a 20 with a nice premade, you time it, premade looks at your dps and goes "ok we could use more dps from the healer in 21" and drops you. its understandable, its not the premades fault, i see it coming and it happens, search in finder "20" same group is sat there waiting for paladin.

Its all about personal experience and what you want from the game, personally my game goal was world 50, but to get there i need to get to level 21-22 keys where as paladin you have to get to level 23/24 keys for example.

say for example i got there, world 50 and have a bunch of 21/22 keys, i simply cannot stand the idea that there will be world 200 paladins in 23 keys that think they are better than me, they arent, they just have the more powerful class, if i can get world 50 as resto druid dont be fooled to think i couldnt get world 200 on paladin, a more powerful and usefull class.

as you can tell im competitive and take the game serious, something that simply does not happen with the players in anything below 20, if i can effortlessly push my own key to 20 with 219 ilvl having missed 16 or so weekly vaults then if you are good you should have no problem doing the same with 226+ having ran 100+ 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I can not believe I actually read that. My head hurt from all the wrong information.

Also join a guild. Clearly you are not good enough without one if you get declined. They most likely saw you IO.

I see a lot of the classes you said are bad do high keys 19+ easily and without issue.

Tetris might be more your speed.
    I like how you just straight up don't acknowledge his point about RNG, gearing in PvP and PvE, and the obvious: class balance.

Regardless of whether or not bad classes can do 19+ keys is irrelevant. Vanguardz COULD get glad on a Ret paladin and enhance shaman. It COULD happen. That doesn't mean people were clamoring to partner with one for arenas, he was typically the only guy that did it.

Random groups look at class, then ilvl, then IO. I can attest to that as someone who has done M+ and looked through that shit. There were classes who were basically autodeclined.

But white knights gonna white knight. Just insult OP without acknowledging his points like an ass if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it seems u missed the class or just complain for complain, priest healer and DH tank dominates M+ as we saw in tournament (literally only DH tank, and healer 90% priest with a rare pally), also alliance racials are OP that both pve and pvp tournaments is almost purely alliance, 'luckily' game doesn't reflect that yet because it is brutally hard to dump ur 20+ year faction investment and switch to other side, but racial-wise alliance dominate since WoD at least
    I agree that SL pve scene specially is ridiculous when u don't see a single warlock in entire tournament or rogue outside of Necrowave dungeon or many specs missing like Brew/Mist monk etc, but u complaining about no priest in mythic? how? maybe u are wrong covenant or something?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah but u still can use variety, SL pve scene killed that unlike BFA, pvp however SL is way better than BFA if that's important for u (we have far more variety of classes/specs)
    SL is first exp since they started pve tournaments in legion that use the least class/specs variety in wow, and in same time (not sure related or not tbh) the most variety i saw in pvp, and since i love pvp way more i'm not that angry (like WoD... WoD was pure humans + dwarf shaman or nelf druid) but still i'm puzzled
    i had a good look through healer ranks earlier up to 500 and i was surprised to see a couple of priests scattered in there more so than shamans, no rdruids mind, no monks, i guess my information regarding that is outdated and based on what was 3months ago, but to say priest is dominant, just have a look bro. go raider io view M+ leaderboards > healer.

you have it far worse than me i salute you for still going at it, i actually downed tools in december, i came back with 219 ilvl as resto druid and pushed my own key to 19 in 1 week having had a 3 month break, at which point dps was tight in 20...im an experienced player, i knew if i was sat on a paladin that 20 wouldnt have been so tight due to the extra dps a paladin would bring, but as druid.... found myself asking whats the point and again i downed tools.

Ultimately, if your a top rdruid it doesnt matter, so you get in a 20 with a nice premade, you time it, premade looks at your dps and goes "ok we could use more dps from the healer in 21" and drops you. its understandable, its not the premades fault, i see it coming and it happens, search in finder "20" same group is sat there waiting for paladin.

Its all about personal experience and what you want from the game, personally my game goal was world 50, but to get there i need to get to level 21-22 keys where as paladin you have to get to level 23/24 keys for example.

say for example i got there, world 50 and have a bunch of 21/22 keys, i simply cannot stand the idea that there will be world 200 paladins in 23 keys that think they are better than me, they arent, they just have the more powerful class, if i can get world 50 as resto druid dont be fooled to think i couldnt get world 200 on paladin, a more powerful and usefull class.

as you can tell im competitive and take the game serious, something that simply does not happen with the players in anything below 20, if i can effortlessly push my own key to 20 with 219 ilvl having missed 16 or so weekly vaults then if you are good you should have no problem doing the same with 226+ having ran 100+ 15s.
    Yeah I actually quit over that and cancelled my sub last week. No point in wasting more time at some point. My goal was to be #1 on the serverpool and top 100 alliance and that I achieved. Having said that I'd still liked to go further but it just isn't worth it getting at best 1 dungeon per week completed higher than u already did. (with searching for several hours per day)

AND NO, JOINING A COMMUNITY OR A GUILD SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME
    In other words: "I want to be the recognized as the best player in a group game without having to be an actual part of the group."

Show me anyone who is successful at anything (it doesn't even have to be just in the game. Real life works as well) without having to rely on "friends" every now and then.