Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizzard has annoyed a large portion of the playerbase FACT

Anyone actually stopped to think just how many sections of the community blizzard have screwed?

Every pve player that doesnt like pvp: annoyed that pvp had a better gearing system which gave them 2 options, be less geared than someone who goes and gets the gear or play content you do not enjoy.

pvpers that hate pve, conduits and legendaries need to be farmed / obtained from pve.

Healers in m+:
    druids, monks and priests watching on in envy as paladins press one button and do 10kdps, or parties seem unable to die when a good shaman is in the party. not a paladin or shaman in m+? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE

Tanks in m+:
    warriors....where have they all gone? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE
    paladin tanks in rbgs? where are they? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE

RNG:
    1)if you have bad rng in weekly vaults? theres another bunch of players that will be dissapointed through no fault of there own.

Misbalance in arena: dont get me started.

Covenents in dungeons, want to go halls 19 as resto druid? DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE "im venth" invite. why would you be venth as rdruid? so you can do halls? lol

i dont think blizzard seem to understand that a large portion of there players become emotionally invested in the class they play "ive been a priest for 10 years" etc..... what if your class is bottom of the pile? blizzard have setup so that player then has to reroll to be viable, i recently rolled a pala, i hate it, i hate everything about it. its crap, its not me, but i have to play it if i want to go to the highest level because of that 1 button? thats so wrong! if i want the best gear i have to pvp, thats wrong!

ive written a HUGE portion of the playerbase thats been kicked in the balls in shadowlands. if your happy to reroll then i guess shadowlands might not be that bad, but if your commited to a class, or a couple of classes and blizzard havent setup your classes with reasonable balance GAME OVER.

I mean im sure there is much more than this, but this is just what i see.

AND NO, JOINING A COMMUNITY OR A GUILD SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME, IT SHOULD BE DOWN TO HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE AMAZING THEN THE FRIENDS COME TO YOU, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO CHASING FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU NEED A HAND THANKS TO BLIZZARD GIMPING YOU, THAT IS CALLED BEING CARRIED! SOME OF US DONT LIKE THAT!

I can not believe I actually read that. My head hurt from all the wrong information.

Also join a guild. Clearly you are not good enough without one if you get declined. They most likely saw you IO.

I see a lot of the classes you said are bad do high keys 19+ easily and without issue.

Tetris might be more your speed.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2021-04-24 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps a single player rpg would fit your desires more than being social in an mmorpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

people who claim to speak for the majority are normally to be feared.

Especially when they use words like "FACTS" and "PATRIOT ACT" to make themselves sound more convincing.

You either enjoy the game or dont, vote with your wallet that will lead to change. FACTS

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I can not believe I actually read that. My head hurt from all the wrong information.

Also join a guild. Clearly you are not good enough without one if you get declined. They most likely saw you IO.

I see a lot of the classes you said are bad do high keys 19+ easily and without issue.

yes, 19s are free

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    yes, 19s are free
    I said 19+ as in thats the LOWEST they do.

Also 15s are free. 19s are not; they are easy not free, and try not to make yourself look like more of a fool than you did by writing that blogpost with incredibly wrong information

They do 19s as the lowest and than usually end up around a 24 or 26.

This is a resto druid and a prot warrior with a ww monk, shadow priest and unholy dk.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2021-04-24 at 06:00 AM.

The game has been people chasing the meta ever since they added any sort of LFG type tool.

Without an automated system, you rely on the people online when you play, on your server, to be able to progress. You make bonds, and you play with the same people and naturally select those that are best for you. If you're into experimenting, you do that. You let each other play what you want as much as you can tolerate it.

You're 100% complaining about automated systems in a game. You want the systems to be perfectly fair and balanced but somehow you also want uniqueness and difference. 0 people I know had any faith that shadowlands could possibly be balanced. They barely balance the classes... they're supposed to also then balance classes with covenants? LOLWUT. My monk was doing millions of DPS in torghast versus a hunter that could barely even shoot... and snored my way through the raid and mythics because ... yeah, balance.

And the time it takes to find a group is a huge mitigating factor to DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE because would you rather spend a little more time with a suboptimal comp, or wait way longer for an optimal one? Trust me, I played a shadow priest in the pre LFG/automated tool days in a time when people barely knew what they could do. And I could heal just fine while doing good DPS. Didn't matter, because a "real healer" let the tank overpull and the DPS ae waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than I could. Why would you bring me along just so I can slow the entire run down because you couldn't pull an entire room onto you with my weak hybrid heals?

And so, the issue with that is that when people go "eff it lets take the suboptimal" they might be pleasantly surprised with what they find and *gasp* make a friend as well.

So yeah, I dunno, I remember writing one of the first mods that would check item level on players just to help me pass out loot. And then realizing that there was a huge correlation to class >>>>>>>>>>>>gear >>>>>>>>>> skill. And thinking "one day this will be normalized" and then gearscore came out and basically was the nail in the coffin for meta-chasers. But blizz was always normalizing these philosophies they never once actually accomodated: bring the player not the class. LOLK

The flip side is nobody I know who was playing seventeen years ago has the same exact time to waste on a socially driven RPG. I don't want to wait around for someone to waste my time, etc. It is the way it is for a reason. There aren't 5-10 MMOs that people bounce around on and have presence on and build social credit on across. People used to care about their characters and leaned towards roleplaying a bit more. Now? Just memes and streams: we're all left to fantasize what it must be like to be able to play any class/role/cov and "command" a group to put up with you so they can meme on a stream

In short, your argument is complaining about how when given multiple options and the convenience of picking between them, they should not do what they consider most ideal?

Yet you're stating a guild or a social group is ... not the answer? K. I "beat" all the m+ I cared to with whatever 4 combo me and my friends played + 1 pug of our choosing. The only one we were biased against was low gearscore disc priest relative to the tier we were doing. Shruggles 2 ur struggles
    Last edited by frott; 2021-04-24 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    people who claim to speak for the majority are normally to be feared.

Especially when they use words like "FACTS" and "PATRIOT ACT" to make themselves sound more convincing.

You either enjoy the game or dont, vote with your wallet that will lead to change. FACTS
    Not at all, im just using my eyes. you should try it.

actually stop and think for a second, about what i wrote. how many sections of the community do you think there are? there is a lot. a hell of a lot. guessing here but id say maybe 20 sections all interlinking and players will fall into multiple various sections

blizzard have annoyed nearly all of them apart from those that fell on the bright side and.....social....who dont care anyway they will still love the game because they have fun with friends.

and try not to make yourself look like more of a food than you did
    Ironyyyyyyyyyyy

actually stop and think for a second, about what i wrote. how many sections of the community do you think there are? there is a lot. a hell of a lot. guessing here but id say maybe 20 sections all interlinking and players will fall into multiple various sections

blizzard have annoyed nearly all of them apart from those that fell on the bright side and.....social....who dont care anyway they will still love the game because they have fun with friends.
    im sorry that im too small brained to be able to think for all those different sections of people you speak of. You are clearly more genius than I am to so accurately represent the many different facets of the player base

I fixed it, on my phone. It auto corrected lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    im sorry that im too small brained to be able to think for all those different sections of people you speak of. You are clearly more genius than I am to so accurately represent the many different facets of the player base
    its an estimated guess, not sure where you pulled "accurately" from, i guess it was an attempt to add to the sarcasm so you just added the word for extra weight? what a big brain you have twisting words to try to make the discussion lean towards your agenda by using sarcasm, so clever!

Actually the crisis of authority in today's culture is that it is basically trivial to take the fragments of audiences and align them together towards a single common enemy when they all have individual grievances.

That doesn't mean anything: that's quite literally every single political or protest movement. No clear goal stated, no leadership, just "burn it all down and start over because that'd be better than what we have" while offering zero alternatives and just hiding behind the simple fact that it's about them taking power more than anything else. Now explain why the middle should be empowered? I'm not following that one!

You also fail to mention that there are faaaaaaaar more people who really have 0 problem with it that play the game than there are those who don't. They're just busy playing the game (really difficult or impossible to have random people unify to "voice praise and enjoyment" versus gathering the disgruntled).

You also point out basically the same level of player just across different aspects of the game.

People who are kinda middle of the road. Not good enough to be in a dedicated hardcore setting (which is really the only way to "excel") and not casual enough to really, I don't know, be happy with doing each dungeon 1 time and maybe beating the raid on normal and completing dailies/weeklies then unsubbing 'til patch.

Who is upset that they "didn't get an upgrade?" The casuals don't care because it's all arbitrary (i ran the raid 3 times and got 1 item. ask me if i care to run a 4th) The hardcore don't care because they're going to get what they need to be competitive because the game is beating the RNG.

PVPers that want to win are used to jumping through PVE hoops and they have an easy economy to get carried in PVE in exchange for carrying in PVP.

So yeah, it's just the middle-of-the-roaders who don't really dedicate enough time to be hardcore but aren't relaxed enough to be social/casual.

And guess what? you're reaping what you sowed: those systems are precisely the way they are to separate you from the dedicated. You're suffering under a system that pandered to people who turned role playing games into competitive stat chasing. boo hoo.
    Last edited by frott; 2021-04-24 at 06:13 AM.

I said 19+ as in thats the LOWEST they do.

Also 15s are free. 19s are not; they are easy not free, and try not to make yourself look like more of a fool than you did by writing that blogpost with incredibly wrong information

They do 19s as the lowest and than usually end up around a 24 or 26.

This is a resto druid and a prot warrior with a ww monk, shadow priest and unholy dk.
    you are so full of crap, world 1 resto druid is doing 23s......TWENTY 3S!!!!!!!!!!! WORLD 1!!!!!

WORLD 2 HAS ZERO 24S!!!!!!!!!

So please do tell me more about how resto druid is not gimped and ussually end up around 24or26

pipe....down.....pretender.

[citation needed]

where you gone? heres some more.

RESTO DRUID:
    world 1: x2 24s in time
    world 2: no 24s
    world 20: x1 23, rest 22 or below
    world 40: x2 22, rest 21 or below.

this is where i look when im seeing whats happening in the game and if its worth trying to push, world 40... then you look at paladin.

Paladin
    world 1: x1 27 (3 above rdruid)
    world 2: x1 27 (4 above rdruid)
    world 20: x1 26 (3 above rdruid)
    world 40: 24s (mainly 3 above rdruid)

why the hell would i try and push on my rdruid when paladin is 3 levels above? what you thinks gonna happen if i sign for a 24 key when only one rdruid in THE WORLD has completed ONE 24 key in time? DECLINE

the reason i quit in december was there was a massive gap opening up between shaman and paladin when i was doing 15s before christmas trying to get in 16s people were asking for shaman/paladin because they were facerolling 17s/18s and strongly contributing to in time at higher keys due to dps which druid was weak as hell >>>>>>>>>IN COMPARISON<<<<<<<<<< i dont make stuff up, im not a pretender that just makes up numbers, i actually do research.

I'm casual player and I'm alienated due to several misconceptions:
    1) Game should have forced one-time solo player game elements, like action-adventure Metroid/Caslevania elements, so flying should be removed as "cheat" mechanic, while it's MMO, it's about routine long term grind, should be replayable instead and flying is good for replayability.
    2) All players like so called "sandbox" content (in terms of Blizzard), i.e. all that claustrophobic locations without flying, grinding mobs just for the sake of grinding mobs, random rare/treasure spaws, you need to camp, etc., while I personally hate that kind of content and therefore I don't like, that whole game content is turned into this without providing any alternatives.
    3) It's not bad to make grind of cosmetic rewards endless, because they aren't "necessary" to play this game, while cosmetic rewards are the most desirable rewards for casual players and endless grind is really bad concept in any case.
    And also:
    4) All players are extremely "social" to a point, where they just can't live without that "common transport at rush hour" feeling and queues everywhere, so they all want to play on extremely overcrowded realms, while some players prefer to play quietly on less populated realms.
    5) Everybody want challenge, so content should either be group one or hard one, while some players want routine, relaxing and meditative gameplay.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-04-24 at 07:02 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

<Snip>
    Your "facts" are actually just opinions, soz, I don't make the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

AND NO, JOINING A COMMUNITY OR A GUILD SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME
    I suppose we're talking about MMO here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is always pissing someone off. It's not really news and it's always been easy to scan through a forum and find people upset about different things.

I think the game is over-engineered and the systems are too fiddly but theorycrafters have pretty much ruled the meta forever and once you start down that road the fun inevitably takes second place to math and spreadsheets. I avoid all of the social drama by playing with friends and a guild. Not playing with total strangers has improved the gaming experience by a lot.

Your criticisms likely don't have a lot of traction because most people who play aren't trying to do high-level keys so all of this is irrelevant to them. Also, don't confuse opinions with fact. It happens a lot here but it detracts from the validity of your arguments when you claim more for them than they deserve.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."