Poll: Who would win in a battle between Aegwynn (as Guardian) and Queen Azshara?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    She held back the ocean for awhile.
    I mean the ones that are comparable to Aegwynn.

Azshara has hype but other than that, no meat.

then again, WoW and it's power structure is shit anyways so having feats is almost irrelevant, especially when it comes to Mary Sue players.

everyone can beat anyone.

reminds me of Mortal Kombat.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-04-25 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aegwynn, Azshara 'amazing' talent is outdated since 10k years
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I wish they had someone to rival Azshara the way Khadgar did Gul'dan in WoD and Legion. They had some of my favorite interactions and I'm sad I missed out on the WoD legendary quest line that involved them both. I think Azshara and Jaina might have gone head to head after she became Lord Admiral and if they hadn't convoluted things by throwing Sylvanas into the mix.

Aegwynn is up there with Archimonde and Kil'jaeden meaning that technically Azshara is her equal. Khadgar might have been as well if he had taken up the mantle of Guardian like they showed in the Harbringers shorts. She definitely is nothing close to Sargeras as it was clearly demonstrated that having his avatar defeated was just part of his plan. I think until Aegwynn has some kind of representation in game, we can't really compare her with Azshara.

All said, we need more Khadgar vs Gul'dan type things to follow in the game as it's fun to see the hero vs villain trope so that we are more so helpers than "champions".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Azshara, but it would be close. Aegwynn's power largely came from the Guardian ritual not her own natural power. Azshara's power was largely hidden as she preferred people to think she was weak.When Mannaroth pissed her off he said her power felt like that of KJ or Archie. While Aegwynn did take on the avatar of Sargeras, he wanted her to win so I don't think that was a good judge of abilities.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Azshara, but it would be close. Aegwynn's power largely came from the Guardian ritual not her own natural power. Azshara's power was largely hidden as she preferred people to think she was weak.When Mannaroth pissed her off he said her power felt like that of KJ or Archie. While Aegwynn did take on the avatar of Sargeras, he wanted her to win so I don't think that was a good judge of abilities.
    no
    mannoroth said that only archi would prove superior. which means that archi would defeat her, not that shes on his level.
    since then, she has gained n'zoths naga boost, BUT lost the well of eternity, which was a gigantic boost.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    She held back the ocean for awhile.
    She also spoke to a fish...that’s pretty impressive as well

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Aegwynn BTFOed Sargeras, a feat pretty much no one else in the Warcraft setting can claim, and thus far Sargeras is canonically the strongest being in the setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Debatable given that Malfurion is a thing, but Malfurion is so ludicrously high powerlevel he's never allowed to go all out because if he did he would solve most of the conflicts in WoW, leaving nothing for the players to do. Same reason why Medivh has been doing nothing since Warcraft 3.
    No no no no no no no no no

She beat his Avatar. Nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Do not spread misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I mean the ones that are comparable to Aegwynn.

Azshara has hype but other than that, no meat.

then again, WoW and it's power structure is shit anyways so having feats is almost irrelevant, especially when it comes to Mary Sue players.

everyone can beat anyone.

reminds me of Mortal Kombat.
    Define "mary sue", cause you're definitely not getting it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Aegwynn > Sargeras > Azshara
    Please, for the love of god please...

I beg of you, and other people here. Look up "Avatar of Sargeras". The answer may surprise you, considering SHE IS NOT ABOVE SARGERAS!!! She is not even CLOSE!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm no,she beat an avatar and it was the entire plan to get beaten
    It was a plan, yes. But Sargeras knew he could not match her powers as an Avatar, hence why he let himself get defeated, since he had a plan B anyway (AKA possession).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Aegwynn. Guardians were UBER powerful. Unless their power was capped or something, she should have the combined magical might of hundreds of Jaina or Khadgar level mages.
    Oh, and btw, Sargeras isn't the most powerful being in the WoW setting. That belongs to the First Ones. Azeroth is supposedly number 2, but she's still a baby atm. The Jailer is also likely to range above Sargeras, if Blizzard is going to do what I think they're doing with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    This is hard because it's Aegynn versus the potentially unlimited power Azshara had at her disposal. I could see them both besting each other in different magic schools, but not a definitive answer on who'd ultimately win. That's the problem with characters who are powerful but lack defined power caps.
    It's not really "unlimited power". Hell, much of the Well's might didn't even grant her that much power to begin with, since she was still below Archimonde at the time. And though she lost a lot of the Well's power VIA the Sundering, she got a massive power boost from N'Zoth that arguably made her much more powerful than even her prior WoTA self.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's especially since she could now unleashed powerful avatar's of her own power, such as the Wrath and Radiance of Azshara, etc. Aegwynn ranges a bit above the Avatar of Sargeras, who should be on par, if not slightly below the Corrupted Avatar of Aggramar (I say the Avatar of Sargeras is below, only because Aggramar's got more fel power, and is being directly amped by Sargeras, while with Sargeras' Avatar, he was kinda limited as to what he could send into Azeroth at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Azshara's power came from the Well and N'zoth so it wasn't just her.

she was always way weaker than Archimonde and Ki'jaeden.
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a difficult question to analyze because we can't accurately judge Azshara's power both as queen of the night elves and then queen of the naga.

In terms of pure power I believe Azshara would come out on top.

Aegwynn has centuries of experience fighting demon's and other nasty things though while Azshara spent most of her time in her palace (as far as we I know). This would give her a slight edge over Azshara.

It is hard to say. I would bet on Azshara, but I think they are roughly equal. I would say the odds are 60/40 in Azshara's favor.

Aegwynn, without the powers of the Guardian, defeated Sargeras in the powers of the Guardian in the body of Medivh and defeated the Avatar of Sargeras in the most difficult battle of her life. Azshara forced Mannoroth to wet his pants without lifting the boy and was able to break the Pillar of Creation.

People do not understand that the loss of the Well is nothing compared to the gift of Nzoth. Xavius ​​couldn't do anything against Malfurion when he had the Well and the buff of Sargeras, but he was able to easily defeat the demigods after gaining power from Nzoth. Not to mention, Azshara is an arcane master like Aegwynn, while Aegwynn hardly has any experience fighting the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It's a difficult question to analyze because we can't accurately judge Azshara's power both as queen of the night elves and then queen of the naga.

In terms of pure power I believe Azshara would come out on top.

Aegwynn has centuries of experience fighting demon's and other nasty things though while Azshara spent most of her time in her palace (as far as we I know). This would give her a slight edge over Azshara.
    Yeah, her combat experience is crap since she is just sitting on her ass... or whatever she has now.

Azshara > Aegwynn.

We are talking about a being that ruled an empire that was over 10,000 years to whatever point of existence. It's just cannon that at the least 10,000 and that is not infancy. Then spent the remainder of the time ruling another empire in the coldest depths of Azeorth. Allied with cosmetic forces. The Dark Titan Sargeras and later an Old God. Where it was stated in WOA that Mannoroth was infuriated with her for questioning his actions and wanted to strike her head off, but quickly saw the error of his ways when he realized that Azshara was "a force against which only his lord and Archimonde would prove superior"

Archimonde who was responsible for The Destruction of Dalaran. Quite effortlessly, cinematic of this..

and "his lord" which is the Dark titan himself. The one that is capable of slicing worlds apart.

This power which she achieved on her own was before she was empowered by N'Zoth. With further knowledge of the Void with her time spent in the deepest abysses of the planet. We don't have to go into the Void and Old Gods.. which was the whole reason Sargeras become evil to begin with... but I could imagine would give her a significant power boost.

Then we have Aegwynn who beat out an avatar of Sargeras... and I heard she likes camping in the woods. I don't think it is really comparable.

I been rooting for Azshara for a long while since WoD days. It took them a bit to implement her and I have a feeling they are planning to kill her off pretty soon too. Go with dragons everyone likes dragons maybe a bit more lighthearted...reach a bigger audience Blizzard first. (Which drew in all the players to begin with..including people coming back to Classic. Statics prove this.) Looking at you Murozond. Add in some sleek race for everyone to play/both factions that fits in with the theme. Not end game content.

Azshara wins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This. Azshara gurl was a fraud, as her boss fight demonstrated clearly. Without all that complicated machinery around, she's nothing. Poor fish lady, she was definitely Saruman'd.
    Not just that, but she was so thoroughly humiliated even in the meta. Archimonde gets dunked on all the time, but that boy was going to slam a meteor into Draenor and destroy the planet. Azshara? Gonna relying on the spooky Titan device because Champions of Azeroth too stronk.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2021-04-27 at 02:07 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Might I remind people what the power of mages funneling their magic into one person looks like? These are just random mages during the Troll Wars. Aegwynn was gifted immense power by some of the most powerful mages on Azeroth.

Azshara was only a puppet of Sargeras who he kept only as powerful as he allowed her to be. I think people tend to use old lore to often instead of Chronicles which, regardless what you think, is defacto canon lore now and in it, she's not nearly as powerful as you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    probably Aegwynn.

and dammit I voted Azshara lol.

it would be close though.

if you believe in statements what Lor'themar and Jaina said about Azshara being the most powerful mage ever then she would probably win but power isn't everything.

Jaina is the probably most powerful mage on Azeroth right now, funny enough. She has her own power ontop of absorbing Lei Shen's (Which includes Lei Shen himself and the partial power of a Titan Keeper). Jaina's power creep has gone unnoticed.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2021-04-27 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aegwynn and it's really not even close.

Aegwynn > Avatar of Sargeras > Archimonde > Azshara

The same heroes that defeated a weakened fallen avatar also defeated azshara when they were much weaker. Well, assuming that the combined power of the artifact weapons > the heart of azeroth at the time azshara was defeated, which is probably true by feats alone. The scepter of sargeras itself is probably comparable to or stronger than the HoA.

So yeah, it's a stomp in Aegwynn's favor even if we're talking Queen Azshara at her peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Aegwynn and it's really not even close.

Aegwynn > Avatar of Sargeras > Archimonde > Azshara

The same heroes that defeated a weakened fallen avatar also defeated azshara when they were much weaker. Well, assuming that the combined power of the artifact weapons > the heart of azeroth at the time azshara was defeated, which is probably true by feats alone. The scepter of sargeras itself is probably comparable to or stronger than the HoA.

So yeah, it's a stomp in Aegwynn's favor even if we're talking Queen Azshara at her peak.
    The Scepter of Sargeras I'd argue is stronger than the HoA. The HoA isn't all that impressive, outside of the fact that it enhances regular ass Armor and increases the connection between the Player and the Titan Soul of Azeroth herself, which therefore increases willpower by a fuck ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The Scepter of Sargeras I'd argue is stronger than the HoA. The HoA isn't all that impressive, outside of the fact that it enhances regular ass Armor and increases the connection between the Player and the Titan Soul of Azeroth herself, which therefore increases willpower by a fuck ton.
    Yeah I'm being pretty generous with the HoA in general tbh

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Aegwynn is very powerful, sure. But I think a lot of people are downplaying Azshara here
    Without the well, Azshara is probably on par with today's powerful mages. However, her mis/overuse of the well itself would have been a handicap after losing it much less there's no indication she got anything other than the ability to survive the sea after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I voted Azshara based on statements by Jaina and Lor'themar as aforementioned. Of course, Aegwynn is easily second most likely, but Azshara was played up as something special even back then in her heyday as a Night Elf, and she's only gotten stronger.
    How has she gotten stronger? She lost the main thing that made her reputable. She was extremely strong as just a normal golden eyed night elf mage, but without the well she's just a pretty good mage. Jaina with the imbued staff could mop the floor with her.

We'd have a clear answer of this if the writing was actually consistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Aegwynn > Sargeras > Azshara
    FFS, stop with the arguement, that Aegwynn defeated Sargeras..
    1: It was not Sargeras, it was a very very very very very weak avatar
    2: It was Sargeras plan to "be defeated" by Aegwynn, in order to posess her/Medivh.

Any first year magic student could have "defeated" Sargera's avatar, if that was his plan.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/