Covenant Switching

Wanting to try out a different covenant and am currently Venthyr. If I swap to something else, and decide to swap back to Venthyr, do I have to regrind all my Venthyr renown? Or does that renown stay as it was when I left?

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Wanting to try out a different covenant and am currently Venthyr. If I swap to something else, and decide to swap back to Venthyr, do I have to regrind all my Venthyr renown? Or does that renown stay as it was when I left?
    Your individual covenant progression stays to my knowledge, if you are truly hardcore you could technically max out all covenants on one character, but you can only ever have 1 active. Edit: And switching takes 2 IDs once you "betrayed" one.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-04-26 at 06:59 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Covenant progress is saved when you swap so you don't have to re-do everything when you go back, however, you lose all Anima and Souls so keep that in mind. You can buy items with Anima and then refund them after swapping to get Anima back, but the Souls are lost. You can also store Anima items in your bags/bank ahead of swapping.

For the Mission tables, 2 followers (Meatball and one other) move with you and retain their progress. The rest are all Covenant specific.

If you plan to swap back, time it for right before rest. You need to complete 2 weekly quests to go back to a Covenant you've left, so if you do the quest right before and right after rest you can swap back overnight.

I'm in the process of getting each Covenant to Renown 40 ahead of 9.1... it's actually not overly difficult with the catchups, just frustrating in the early stages if you want to run any meaningful content as you are noticeably weaker without full Souldbinds/Counduits... even more so if the Covenant ability is meh.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2021-04-26 at 08:10 PM.

The buildings, followers, cosmetics, and anima are all tied to the covenant but are there for you when you switch back again. One trick I heard you can do is buy something from the vendor for anima before you switch and then refund it to get anima back and then deposit it into new covenant.

When I switched from Kyrian to Venthyr for Ashen Hallow I left 12k in the anima bank and all buildings were level 2-3... so much wasted anima.. Now my venthyr buildings are all sittin at level 1 and I don't feel like grinding out the anima for the buildings on the same character AGAIN. Fuck you Blizzard. Seriously just fuck Blizzard.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-04-26 at 08:15 PM.