Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dont let "actual" RP discourage you from playing in RP server

I dont know if this is the case for anyone else but it was for me.
    Still i decided to join a Roleplaying Server anyway and wanted to share my experience so far, after 3 weeks.

----

You dont have to do whats considered "true roleplay".
    There is also a lot of simple social interaction about real life discussions and such.
    Trade chat is also very lively...a bit "too wild" (even for me) and might resemble some kind of Twitch chat.

If you are playing WoW solo and you want to make "online friends" this is perfect for you.
    Most people on the server crave interaction with other players.

We are all just a bunch of weirdos who like to talk
    Because apparently wanting to socially interact in WoW is considered weird at this point...
    WELP...not in RP server.
    You are completely welcome here.

----

My personal experience so far:
    My only character on this server is a level 56 monk with who i just do random BGs or "roleplay" (not true roleplay)
    I have fun everyday on it even though im not max level and never was.
    Made 2 BIG online friends with who i usually play with everyday...one of them is without a sub until September.

Random adventures such as:
    Someone took me to Shadowlands to farm mounts, toys and pets.
    We explored every house in Gilneas
    Leveled new characters to play random BGs with the friend without a sub.
    Went fishing with someone while talking and we noobishly tried to roleplay a bit
    Joined a Panda Community (>_<) we gather inside a tree and talk there. It seems like the tree is talking to other people and people ask to join us (roflmao)
    (etc)

-----

WARNINGS:

Careful with the "bad weirdos"
    There is "cute innocent weird" which is fine and cute...but there is also "bad weird"
    Do NOT give personal information.
    One day some guy decided to ask me where i lived...my adress and street name...i got freaked out entire day because of it. (-__-) not cool

Yeah RP realms are one of the few realms left where you can just chat and interract with other players that aren't in your guild. That's the main reason I play there (though I have removed trade chat) even though I don't actually RP.

I've been playing on WA ever since it opened and haven't looked back. I'm not an active RPer, but I find the atmosphere and culture of an RP realm so much better and more inclusive than other realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played on RP realms without RPing at all. I've found that the people who play there are more often pleasant people than on other realms.
    Hi

Personally I always found it very satisfying to simply mold your character in such a way that you feel you are making someone else's RP more immersive.

Finding a nice neutral mog and RP walking through a city is quite nice when you realize that it is making other people more immersed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So you're still Around? I figured this was the final nail in the coffin for you: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ever-MMO-Champ

Happy to see that people can change tho, keep up the good work I suppose
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

10+ Year Old Account
    RP Servers prove people know how to play and just have fun. I mostly play on small-medium servers for the same reason.

Why can't all servers feel socially fun and welcoming?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

rp server are the best serve anti-toxic, i dont care the best guild are not there, at least , peoples dont spit their toxicity on you there

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can sometimes find 'those people' who will pick, insult and tell you off about how you 'wrote' your character. So, maybe watch out for that...?

Otherwise, RP servers are great
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

thank you, this is nice to hear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Having only been active on roleplay servers, I am happy to hear you are one of the better visitors.

Alas, some roleplayers can be very hostile and defensive because they are worried that their server will be overrun and die out due to the overflow of non-RP'ers.

This happened to my first server, which in the end was overrun by non-RP'ers of the bad nature so that RP-guilds basically fled the server, then slowly the non-RP'ers vanished from that server too, leaving it almost dead to the part where you could max 6 people on Northrend, later on, it was merged with other servers. My current server is having a little balancing issue, a lot of cool non-RP'ers just doing their thing while others sadly drag in people not interested in being level-headed - mostly ending up with a few days flooding pr. year by a streamer and his gang.

Thank you for showing interest in a roleplay server, and by your message, being on a level with people on the server.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

12 years ago, I left for a RP server, unable to stand a regular server anymore. The way people talked just didn't match what I was looking for anymore. I'd tried RP in forums and in tabletop games with dice. I figured I'd give it a go in WoW.

Best decision I ever made. I lead a large RP guild now, full of true friends. A great and accepting community. And as we're able to generate our own content and adventures in the vast game world, we just never run out of things to engage us in the game.

That's not to say there's no toxic people on RP servers. And certainly roleplay isn't for everyone. But if it at all seems interesting, consider giving it a go. Do a bit of research, and just seek out folks. Especially if you can find a guild to help guide you into it.

Just got a completely new player in the guild this week, totally new to RP. Suffered from abuse and bigotry on regular servers and just couldn't find a nice and supportive community. Now having the time of their life, exploring new friendships and community. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I've been playing on WA ever since it opened and haven't looked back. I'm not an active RPer, but I find the atmosphere and culture of an RP realm so much better and more inclusive than other realms.
    Hey, we're server buddies I agree with you. Though I don't RP myself, I find the general atmosphere on RP servers to be better. Though, people can be a little touchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t like RP realms because you can’t just name your character whatever you want. Back in vanilla my priest was reported for having a non RP name. Not the end of the world, but I don’t RP ever and don’t want to deal with specific rules pertaining to those realms.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don’t like RP realms because you can’t just name your character whatever you want. Back in vanilla my priest was reported for having a non RP name. Not the end of the world, but I don’t RP ever and don’t want to deal with specific rules pertaining to those realms.
    Hmm... I think with all of the addons there are new for RP, that isn't much of an issue. I don't think I've heared of anyone getting a forced name change in a long time
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I've been maining on EU-Earthen Ring since the server opened, and it's a nice, peaceful place, with a decent community for the most part. Merging with the RP-PVP servers last year dramatically increased the population, and trade chat has gone to hell since, but that can be turned off.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think rp would be way more fun with proximity voice chat
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I have some characters on one of the RP Realms and while I know what RP is and all of that, I do not participate at all and just let them do their thing. It's entertaining to sit and watch some times when you're waiting on a dungeon or something. I've done some joking banter in trade chat with people and it's so nice to actually be able to joke and have people realize that's what it is, and not get offended and angry. I even had some people initially whisper me out of nowhere to welcome me to the server, talk to me for a bit and offer me some guild invites which I politely declined. I blend in as far as names go because I've always thought characters should have proper names, but I imagine since I don't have any of those RP addons or anything, it's pretty clear I'm not involved in RP.

I did have one 'negative' encounter where I was talking to one dude in PMs about RP servers in general and commented something like, RP doesn't get as much support as it probably could, even without major changes -- and this led him to go into this weird, angry rant where he insisted WoW was made entirely for RP .. which I just said clearly wasn't the case .. and that just made him angry at me, instead.

But beyond that, everyone's been extremely friendly in my experience. I just have too much invested in my main server to ever consider shifting to an RP server (or any other server) instead.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2021-04-26 at 01:40 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played and engaged in RP on multiple MMO's. A lot of the time People are very friendly. though you definitely do have the outliers of ERP'ers and People that are super pedantic about OOC (out of Character) interactions.

Erp'ers are on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I've played on RP realms without RPing at all. I've found that the people who play there are more often pleasant people than on other realms.
    So much this. Exact reason for me as well to join RP realms like about 10 years ago and never went back to any non-RP realm. I mean obviously there are people who make it "harder" (in many ways) for people to be on those RP realms, but there are much more nice people than there are the bad kind. I also go for only the medium servers since I don't like too low pop servers or too high pop servers.

Oh yeah, forgot to add... I don't RP either (or very extremely little lol) but I mainly keep to myself on the server and never like disrupt someone else's RP or anything like that.