Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah RP realms are one of the few realms left where you can just chat and interract with other players that aren't in your guild. That's the main reason I play there (though I have removed trade chat) even though I don't actually RP.
    Oh what realm do you play on? Any suggestions for a good RP server and community? Horde or Alliance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Having only been active on roleplay servers, I am happy to hear you are one of the better visitors.

Alas, some roleplayers can be very hostile and defensive because they are worried that their server will be overrun and die out due to the overflow of non-RP'ers.

This happened to my first server, which in the end was overrun by non-RP'ers of the bad nature so that RP-guilds basically fled the server, then slowly the non-RP'ers vanished from that server too, leaving it almost dead to the part where you could max 6 people on Northrend, later on, it was merged with other servers. My current server is having a little balancing issue, a lot of cool non-RP'ers just doing their thing while others sadly drag in people not interested in being level-headed - mostly ending up with a few days flooding pr. year by a streamer and his gang.

Thank you for showing interest in a roleplay server, and by your message, being on a level with people on the server.
    Are you referring to Emerald Dream? Cause this is exactly what happened along with a few other things. This was back in 2010. Though since you mentioned merger I guess not. My only other guess would be Venture Co.

What RP server are you on currently?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I've been playing on WA ever since it opened and haven't looked back. I'm not an active RPer, but I find the atmosphere and culture of an RP realm so much better and more inclusive than other realms.
    Is that Wyrmrest Accord? I was on it 8-9 years ago after transferring from Emerald Dream. Though Alliance side has died down and am not sure what other RP server would be a good option besides Moon Guard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I dont know if this is the case for anyone else but it was for me.
    Still i decided to join a Roleplaying Server anyway and wanted to share my experience so far, after 3 weeks.

----

You dont have to do whats considered "true roleplay".
    There is also a lot of simple social interaction about real life discussions and such.
    Trade chat is also very lively...a bit "too wild" (even for me) and might resemble some kind of Twitch chat.

If you are playing WoW solo and you want to make "online friends" this is perfect for you.
    Most people on the server crave interaction with other players.

We are all just a bunch of weirdos who like to talk
    Because apparently wanting to socially interact in WoW is considered weird at this point...
    WELP...not in RP server.
    You are completely welcome here.

----

My personal experience so far:
    My only character on this server is a level 56 monk with who i just do random BGs or "roleplay" (not true roleplay)
    I have fun everyday on it even though im not max level and never was.
    Made 2 BIG online friends with who i usually play with everyday...one of them is without a sub until September.

Random adventures such as:
    Someone took me to Shadowlands to farm mounts, toys and pets.
    We explored every house in Gilneas
    Leveled new characters to play random BGs with the friend without a sub.
    Went fishing with someone while talking and we noobishly tried to roleplay a bit
    Joined a Panda Community (>_<) we gather inside a tree and talk there. It seems like the tree is talking to other people and people ask to join us (roflmao)
    (etc)

-----

WARNINGS:

Careful with the "bad weirdos"
    There is "cute innocent weird" which is fine and cute...but there is also "bad weird"
    Do NOT give personal information.
    One day some guy decided to ask me where i lived...my adress and street name...i got freaked out entire day because of it. (-__-) not cool
    What server do you play on? Am going to guess Moon Guard from that little description.

How is the server and community?

Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    What server do you play on? Am going to guess Moon Guard from that little description.

How is the server and community?
    Mine is Argent Dawn (Europe)
    Is pretty welcoming :3

I've been playing on RP servers almost since I started playing, never actually RPed. I just like the atmosphere better.

A lot of times people aren't super dedicated to RP and if someone approaches you outside of the designated RP zones (specific areas in org and stormwind generally) it will be OOC.

I kinda thought everyone knew this stuff but I guess maybe not, some people probably just never touch an RP server because they think you have to constantly do hardcore always-in-character roleplay or something. RP servers aren't actually really that different from normal servers other than the types of people who play on them generally being more social and less competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I've been playing on RP servers almost since I started playing, never actually RPed. I just like the atmosphere better.

A lot of times people aren't super dedicated to RP and if someone approaches you outside of the designated RP zones (specific areas in org and stormwind generally) it will be OOC.

I kinda thought everyone knew this stuff but I guess maybe not, some people probably just never touch an RP server because they think you have to constantly do hardcore always-in-character roleplay or something. RP servers aren't actually really that different from normal servers other than the types of people who play on them generally being more social and less competitive.
    I switched to a RP server having been on PVP, PVE and even RP-PVP server. However, RPPVP servers still felt too toxic cause world PVP between cross faction guilds would often bleed into intra guild drama and toxic behaviour. Transferred to a RP realm and loved it. It felt relaxed, laid back and just fun. Definitely the best period in WoW. This was back during WoW's peak. Things have changed a lot since then.
    Last edited by NordWitcher; 2021-04-26 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you referring to Emerald Dream? Cause this is exactly what happened along with a few other things. This was back in 2010. Though since you mentioned merger I guess not. My only other guess would be Venture Co.

What RP server are you on currently?
    Alas, it was The Venture Co (EU) that suffered a great blow of being overrun by non-RP'ers in a hostile manner making many RP'ers move server.

Currently, on Argent Dawn (EU), a delightful server though they do have a hostile section of their community that demands that non-RP guilds stay quiet and respect the roleplay tag. I agree with the respecting of RP-tag but not their hostile reaction and demanding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Oh what realm do you play on? Any suggestions for a good RP server and community? Horde or Alliance?
    I play on Argent Dawn EU. It is both the best Alliance and Horde RP server.

I once created a character on an RP realm.
    Bloodelve rouge. Just wanted to test the waters.

Literally in the the first zone a max level Bloodelve paladin was starting to RP with me about how he is my senior and whatnot. I enganged a bit becuase hell it is an RP realm after all. After a few minutes i just wanted to continue leveling and he hurled insults at me via whisper why the f*** i am on an RP realm in the first place and whatnot and how i am destroying the game.

Logged out and never touched an RP realm again^^
    I keep my RP in D&D. Just works better for me. It just was too cringy for me in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Currently, on Argent Dawn (EU), a delightful server though they do have a hostile section of their community that demands that non-RP guilds stay quiet and respect the roleplay tag. I agree with the respecting of RP-tag but not their hostile reaction and demanding.
    Yeah that's just bound to happen, though I only ever read about this on the official forums. In-game I've never met anyone who was complaining about non-RP players. But yeah anyone joining the server should definitely respect the RP. Even though I don't really RP, it is always great to observe the RP from a distance. It's always amazing to just randomly explore some older continents and then you just stumble upon a RP guild organizing an event of some sorts. For example before the BfA prepatch launched, some alliance guild(?) of at least 30 people I'd say used to meet in an unused village in silverpine forrest and train for the upcoming siege of lordaeron (I suppose)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah that's just bound to happen, though I only ever read about this on the official forums. In-game I've never met anyone who was complaining about non-RP players. But yeah anyone joining the server should definitely respect the RP. Even though I don't really RP, it is always great to observe the RP from a distance. It's always amazing to just randomly explore some older continents and then you just stumble upon a RP guild organizing an event of some sorts. For example before the BfA prepatch launched, some alliance guild(?) of at least 30 people I'd say used to meet in an unused village in silverpine forrest and train for the upcoming siege of lordaeron (I suppose)
    Aye, the vocal aggression is on the forums mostly, hardly spotted in-game.

As for your observation, it was most likely people getting ready to join the RP event for the siege on Undercity before BFA, there were about 450 people in one zone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    I doubt I will ever Rp with players. I saw Goldshire and I had enough.

Been thinking about RP realms on and off. Seems fun and able to provide a bit of a different experience.

Though, what is "true rp"/"actual rp"? It has been tossed around a bit and I'm curious. Is it just more restricted RP?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.