Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am willing to bet the model will be sylvanas in new armor.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he looked like this before he got chained and banished. He’s quite similar to Primus and he mentions him as his brother. So it’s quite possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Mf's really tryna destroy everything the First Ones made all cause of him balding. Smh...
    I mean, do we really blame him?

I'd also wanna conquer the universe if someone took away my majestic santa mane.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Calling everything generic doesn't make it a good argument. There isn't anything wrong with "Kill all" we haven't had that kind of villain.....at all.
    But he is uninteresting. They just pooped him out as a Sylvanas master in one expansion. And not that other expansions had better end villains.. It's just that people don't care about the Jailer, at all. I have way more excitement if I get to fight Dreadlords than I do have from idea of fighting Jailer. Damn, big me on big dragon to fight and I will be more excited to fight it because it's a damn dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    meh, a new form won't change the fact that he's a completely one note, uninteresting generic "I am evil kill all" villain. Though hey, if he does transform or w.e to that concept art form, at least he'd look interesting and have have some character from that
    Maybe his new form, rather than increasing his power just increases his personality!

I mean it looks like hes missing a big something in the middle of his chest that the arbiter seems to have, jailer takes arbiters heart, gets some personality and reveals some plot twist where he isnt the bad guy and actually someone else was the villian for some reason idk tbh i just want some major plot twist because the jailer is fucking boring.

He needs a personality transplant pronto. His boring design is one thing, that can be amended easily enough, but the fact that we don't know his backstory or motivation and that he speaks entirely in one-liners does him more damage than any mere design change can fix.

A pure evil villain isn't a bad thing, especially in a game like this, but they have to make up for it in conviction, presence and style, which the Jailer doesn't really have or with their direct role in the plot. Archimonde also had no personality in WC3 but what set him apart from say, Amon or the Jailer in the annals of big bads in Blizzard games is that he was directly threatening and he was imminent to victory and his every appearance was relevant. As I and others've said for ages, the Jailer would leap in quality with less not more - if they don't have ideas for more lines or more personality, then leave it all to implication and have him say nothing at all, letting his actions and minions speak for him.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-04-27 at 08:05 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It's just that people don't care about the Jailer, at all. I have way more excitement if I get to fight Dreadlords
    Every big bad started as a new character no one knew about at some point. Are you suggesting they just never introduce new villains? Not to mention the expansion just started and we're still learning more and more about him. And it's never compelling argument to try to state your opinion as other people's.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Every big bad started as a new character no one knew about at some point. Are you suggesting they just never introduce new villains? Not to mention the expansion just started and we're still learning more and more about him. And it's never compelling argument to try to state your opinion as other people's.
    He is suggesting that they should not introduce them as a blue painted planks of wood that say generic villain one liners.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Because we don't know much about him or his plans. We have just been introduced to him. A character doesn't need 14 books worth of build up to enter as a villain. He has been up to a LOT, enough to get him banished, transformed, imprisoned etc, we just don't fully know why YET. The reason for that is because they want to keep Sylvs motives and goals shrouded. It's a story that will unfold.

Just get off this instant gratification train and let the story unravel, you seem like the kind of person to start asking questions 10 seconds into a movie because they keep back information to build intregue.

I would agree with your if not for the last part, they drag the shit so much at this point is not even funny, an equivalence of what you write there would be watching a 2 hour movie that rushes everything in the last 30min, there is no gratification here champ, just bad storytelling when it comes to the main villain of the shadowlands expansion, the sad part about him is that at this point you don't even care

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He is suggesting that they should not introduce them as a blue painted planks of wood that say generic villain one liners.
    I must say, his design is lazy and uninspired even for blizzard standards. It almost feels like he was intended as nothing but part of sylvanas story.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I must say, his design is lazy and uninspired even for blizzard standards. It almost feels like he was intended as nothing but part of sylvanas story.
    If I had hope for Blizzard, I would say he is just part of a single being that was split into other covenant leaders, with Jailer remaining as a leftover shell.

10+ Year Old Account
    no it was just early concept got discarded, as they did to many mobs from wrath (like the zombie whale, really wanted to see it in-game)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't have an issue with the Jailer's design inasmuch as his barebones personality and backstory. Insofar as a character design goes I'd hazard to say he actually looks pretty cool and unique - kind of Hellraiser-esque, with a definite aura of menace from just an aesthetic standpoint. I'd kind of like him to use more of the Chains of Domination in an offensive manner. Would be interesting to see them as his primary power: wrapping people up, tearing at their substance, etc. etc. That was my general idea of the character when it was first introduced visually - he shouldn't have a lot to say, his actions should largely speak for him, and if and when he did speak his words should be weighty: quiet but with a delivery full of suppressed rage, an implacable and monstrous force that is itself constrained and constricted but waiting to lash out.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be, remember the cinematic where Sylvanas was standing in front of the jailer?

*Edit

Ah I should've bothered to watch the video, it was shown there.. It does really seem like it.
    Last edited by Mars_Trueskills; 2021-04-27 at 12:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wow has never had a one note evil for evil's sake main villain...maybe guldan is the only one that comes close,but he was done so well that it doesnt even matter
    Ner'Zhul, The Eredar, Lich King, Kel'Thuzad, The Old Gods, the Sha. WoW has literally had NUMEROUS Evil for Evils Sake characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Ner'Zhul, The Eredar, Lich King, Kel'Thuzad, The Old Gods, the Sha. WoW has literally had NUMEROUS Evil for Evils Sake characters.
    But, none of those are evil for evils sake...

Did I miss some sarcasm or something?

are you kidding lol?all of those guys have sme pretty good reasons and motivations on how they ended up where they did

the old gods i dont even consider evil,they are more of a neutral force that want to grow,more like a cancer,the fact that we dont like its effects doesnt speak to their morality,in fact if it wasnt for them we wouldnt even exist

and the sha...uhm..are those things even alive tehnicaly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    But, none of those are evil for evils sake...

Did I miss some sarcasm or something?
    Well the Old Gods and the Sha probably qualify - the Old Gods were created solely to be planet cancer so that the Void Lords could get their foot in the door of the physical universe, which probably falls under the general heading of "evil's sake." When an Old God encounters a planet without a World-Soul it corrupts it regardless and without real purpose. Corruption is what they are.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    But he is uninteresting. They just pooped him out as a Sylvanas master in one expansion. And not that other expansions had better end villains.. It's just that people don't care about the Jailer, at all. I have way more excitement if I get to fight Dreadlords than I do have from idea of fighting Jailer. Damn, big me on big dragon to fight and I will be more excited to fight it because it's a damn dragon.
    I'd call him about as interesting as Sargeras tbh.

"BUT SARGERAS WAS INTIMIDATING" Except I felt more intimidated by Argus, since he had a hax that could end creation in a single spell lmaooo

Ner'zhul? Really? The dude who did "evil shit" because spirits told them it was the only way to save his people, only to then find out he was being tricked and manipulated by Kil'jaeden.