Are there any games like dynasty warrior but with guns instead of swords?

Hey.

Are there any "Hack & slash" games but with guns instead of melee weapons?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Space Marine and Deadpool are similar but the shooting is blended with melee so it's more "guns as well as" instead of "guns instead of."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Space Marine and Deadpool are similar but the shooting is blended with melee so it's more "guns as well as" instead of "guns instead of."
    Yeah, i know of those and Devil may cry, but they always feel like melee is the main thing and guns is a miniscule amount of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could play as Strife in Darksiders Genesis. His main weapons are dual pistols.

I think Bladestorm had some guns, but its still mostly melee weapons.

Would something like Warhammer Vermintide (2), Left 4 Dead (2) or World War Z be close to it?
    Tons of small cannon fodder with the occasional big one you need to actually fight against, rather than holding LMB

Earth Defense Force is the first thing that comes to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Serious Sam series.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. That side-series is the closest you're gonna get, really.

Relic's Space Marine. There is some melee mixed in but there is a lot of bolter and sword vs. the endless tide of greenskins and demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Yeah, i know of those and Devil may cry, but they always feel like melee is the main thing and guns is a miniscule amount of damage.
    There's a decent amount of shooting to be done in Space Marine with lots of staples of 1st- and 3rd-person-shooters. Sniping, run-and-gunning, "shotgun" style weapon for close-up work, explosives. Melee does make up a big part of the game but often it's most sensible or even necessary to treat it like a shooter.

15+ Year Old Account
    What would that even be? Twin-stick shooter? I haven't even heard of a genre like hack&slash without melee weapons. What would it even be called?

There are hundreds if not thousands of 3rd person shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There are hundreds if not thousands of 3rd person shooters.
    Well, then name some?

Mass effect is one of the only ones i know and is nice, but there's too much between point a and point B, i more looking for some with more shooting, less talking.

Well, then name some?

Mass effect is one of the only ones i know and is nice, but there's too much between point a and point B, i more looking for some with more shooting, less talking.
    Remnant from the ashes was pretty fun.

Well, then name some?

Gears of War?

I suppose Warframe could count.