Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think there are classes with more issues than Paladins...

Warlock: None
    Priest: Cala (not sure if Tyranda counts?).
    Hunter: Rexxar (no alliance hunters)
    Demon Hunter: None
    Monk: Sure they exist but are pointless/don't interact with lore in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So you are effectively saying the last time we had Paladins in the spotlight was 7 years ago? What makes Dezco more interesting than human paladins and how exactly are they a "boring cliche" when they seem to be among the most popular and beloved characters?
    First of all, I replied to person who said we didn't have paladins since wotlk and I mentioned bunch of paladins who had spotlight since, proving he is wrong. Now you come in and try to twist what I said on a topic I didn't regard so umm yeah stop being silly.

Not to mention Turalyon didn't happen 7 years ago, so another twist and lie tactic from you. Yikes.

And yeah, male human paladins is a boring cliche for boring people, you can find it in pretty much every fantasy setting. It's popular because boring people like boring and simple stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    another twist and lie tactic from you. Yikes.
    This feels like satire.
    And yeah, male human paladins is a boring cliche for boring people, you can find it in pretty much every fantasy setting. It's popular because boring people like boring and simple stuff.
    Ah, yes. I forgot that Paladins automatically become more interesting and complex characters when you turn them into cows.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    All the good paladins have been killed of with no new ones replacing them, and in Uthers case hes character is now broken due to bad shadowlands story.
    Only good paladins left alive
    Lady Liadrin: does little cool stuff
    Arator: Does he even exist still?
    Turalyon: Looks cool but does nothing and seems quite weak

Does Blizz hate paladins?
    Yrel: Lightbound & lost in time.

I mean there are more but it certainly feels like you describe, especially Turalyon feels like a cardboard cutout that is presented like something that should not feel so... generic. Inhuman even.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I agree that we don't have "good" paladins as such which would stand for original values of paladins as portrayed in the making of first paladins.
    Dezco has a story, but it's less paladin related (unless I missed something)
    Turalyon is brainwashed, I really hate whole Nazi of the Light story now - Legion Orderhall felt amazing because you could feel as a paladin brotherhood. A fist of justice. Now it's all meh.

In Legion, after playing all classes and specs, I felt like Retribution Paladin was canon story. But here's the thing - the noteworthy paladin is us. At this point, we are the big lore figures that take front and center. And because of this, I think it is hard to create new and important lore figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This feels like satire.

Ah, yes. I forgot that Paladins automatically become more interesting and complex characters when you turn them into cows.
    Yeah "satire" indeed, when all you can put in your response is lacking any substance. Why you didn't mention Turalyon? Did he happen 7 years ago? Did you conveniently left this out in your response? Or did you not understand that my initial post was a reply and should be read in a context?

And yeah making paladins cows makes them more interesting as it's not just another human knight we've seen in hundreds of other stories.

Yeah "satire" indeed, when all you can put in your response is lacking any substance. Why you didn't mention Turalyon? Did he happen 7 years ago? Did you conveniently left this out in your response? Or did you not understand that my initial post was a reply and should be read in a context?
    Can you tell me what Turalyon actually did in the game ever since we found him on Argus?

What makes your posts seem like satire is the fact that you choose the most unfavorable reading of other posts here only to accuse other people of "twisting the facts" and lying. When @NordWitcher said that Blizzard "forgot about Paladins after WotLK" it is obviously in the context of previous Paladins' deeds and their importance in the lore. Arthas, Uther, Turalyon, Bolvar and Tirion Fordring all did pretty incredible things in the older lore and all the other Paladins that came after pretty much pale in comparison.
    And yeah making paladins cows makes them more interesting as it's not just another human knight we've seen in hundreds of other stories.
    Damn, what a depressingly bland and shallow view.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    The only reason you didn't killed Sargeras was not because of his size but because no one came up with idea of hooking up all Titan facilities to funnel all of Azeroth's arcane leylines into Dragon Soul and turn it into a Death Star-style laser aimed at the wound Broxxigar left which would result in a hole you would use to enter inside him by riding Exodar and rain your Divine Crusader Verdict of Wrath directly at his World Soul in order to make him explode from the inside like Unicron from Transformers 1986 movie as you mount your favorite shinning mount and get out trough his eye socket while a remix of Legends of Azeroth/Stan Bush - The Touch plays in the background because blizzard decided to open up a can of awesome whopass and pull all the stops to end Legion properly.
    Off topic but just had to say this is the greatest thing ever. Glad I'm not the only Transformers fan around.

Tbf here, it's not the size that made Sargeras so threatening, it was his power. Why? Cause Zovaal's as powerful as him, and he's the size of a regular ass tall dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skilrathos View Post
    Off topic but just had to say this is the greatest thing ever. Glad I'm not the only Transformers fan around.
    Ikr? I read that shit and I was like "YOOOOO"

Tho, the HoA was kinda built like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Oh man its almost as if people enjoy different aspects of the narrative

On topic: There's also Anduin who baaaaasically is a Paladin? I do see your point though but its a symptom of WoW's general culling of their own world without replacing it. Characters keep dying without anyone new being pushed to the forefront it's still just the usual suspects.

Flynn Fairwind was well received and we're never going to see him again because the WoW equivalent of the Avengers in the form of Thrall, Baine, Jaina and Anduin apparently are much more interesting
    Anduin's a Hero Priest, as stated by Blizzard. Lore characters don't work like characters in game.

Paladin lore was killed by a low tier demon in legion just so we temporarily can have ashbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Paladin lore was killed by a low tier demon in legion just so we temporarily can have ashbringer
    But wait...isn't Paladin lore strengthened cause the Hero Ret Paladin wielded the Ashbringer and made the Weapon the most powerful it's ever been, while also bringing the Silver Hand back to essentially its former glory, if not greater? No idea how you could just lie and say it was weakened cause of Tirion's demise...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    But wait...isn't Paladin lore strengthened cause the Hero Ret Paladin wielded the Ashbringer and made the Weapon the most powerful it's ever been, while also bringing the Silver Hand back to essentially its former glory, if not greater? No idea how you could just lie and say it was weakened cause of Tirion's demise...
    if you want to play it that way and say i lied...

Where was the silverhand in bfa and shadowlands? Where is the Ashbringer?

Where is the lore?

ah....there is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I agree that we don't have "good" paladins as such which would stand for original values of paladins as portrayed in the making of first paladins.
    Dezco has a story, but it's less paladin related (unless I missed something)
    Turalyon is brainwashed, I really hate whole Nazi of the Light story now - Legion Orderhall felt amazing because you could feel as a paladin brotherhood. A fist of justice. Now it's all meh.
    I fully agree with you, also the new light story is kinda outside the game so it is not really noticeable. I think they kinda do this on purpose to see the crowds reaction and then they kill the ide if it is not received well.

Where is the lore?

ah....there is nothing
    Very true and sad but maybe we should be happy so they cant destroy more chars like they have already done.

Where is the lore?

ah....there is nothing
    The Ashbringer is drained of practically all of its power since absorbing Sargeras' might from his Blade, and the Silverhand still very much exists. BFA is about Alliance Vs Horde (Which the Silverhand plays MAINLY Neutral Towards, but you see them with Turalyon during the Battle for Stromgarde in BFA), and in SL, the Silverhand still existed, with the Argent Crusade being more as a defense force for Azeroth. After Legion, they weren't as united as before, but the order still exists and is popping off quite well.

Your titles still exist too, btw. Death Knights call DK players "Deathlord" still, same logic applies to everyone else.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yes, present. He didn't do shit, though
    He was a big part of Val'sharah and Emerald Nightmare lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    No, but it would be nice to see a warlock do literally anything. The only big name is Gul'dan, and he's twice dead.
    Warlocks are responsible for some of the most insane feats of strength in the entire lore lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    He was a big part of Val'sharah and Emerald Nightmare lol
    He was a good damsel in distress. But what did he actually do? Besides letting us ride on his back (has he no dignity?). He was there, saw that something was wrong, immediatly asked for our help, carried us to cenarius and then tells us to get Ysera to help (which turned out to be a shitty idea). After that he is captured. So besides being present he essentially did nothing AND even worse: He's a liability, since he got captured, because he got angry and careless and we had to waste our time rescuing him, which got Ysera killed.
    So yes, he's a part of Val'sharah, but he contributed nothing of value (besides, again, carrying us on his back).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    He was a good damsel in distress. But what did he actually do? Besides letting us ride on his back (has he no dignity?). He was there, saw that something was wrong, immediatly asked for our help, carried us to cenarius and then tells us to get Ysera to help (which turned out to be a shitty idea). After that he is captured. So besides being present he essentially did nothing AND even worse: He's a liability, since he got captured, because he got angry and careless and we had to waste our time rescuing him, which got Ysera killed.
    So yes, he's a part of Val'sharah, but he contributed nothing of value (besides, again, carrying us on his back).
    You're highlighting something that Blizzard doesn't seem to do a very good job of anymore, outside of quest text: Character building and world building. Their world building isn't the absolute worst but lack of character building is, in my opinion, one of the most important aspects of world building. After all, what is this world without the characters that inhabit it? We can "assume" that Malfurion was putting in work in Val'sharah as he has assumably done so around the world, especially in Kalimdor, throughout his life. He did archdruid shit ja feel? And we got to see a little bit of that in EN, where he was the one managing the Emerald Dreamway for us, assisting during the Cenarius fight and then doing whatever-the-fuck with the Rift of Aln.

In game depictions don't do these characters much justice, more often than not. That's why I think about things from an in-universe perspective. Because it's not like these characters solely exist to take action once the PC comes around. They are doing the stuff they do while we do the stuff we do, and we only gain a glimpse of that stuff on the occasions that our paths converge.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Paladins who use the light for other purposes are much cooler tbh.

The Scarlets should return, not as an evil group, but more like a neutral hated and you can get rep with them. The all so holy stuff for good and stuff is boring, we need paladins back with an edge such as bc blood elf paladins.
    I want this for the Horde: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ban...(Warcraft_III)

I'd prefer the Scarlets are truly gone, Thassarian had the Scarlet Monastery cleared to the last crusader and the last remaining ones are stuck up in Dalaran

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the lore?

ah....there is nothing
    the Silver Hand joined the Alliance in the Arathi Warfront and the Argent Crusade remained neutral

Liadrin (if the PC isn't a Paladin) most likely returned the Ashbringer to Maxwell Tyrosus/Eligor Dawnbringer since they should be the highest ranked Argent Crusaders now
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I want this for the Horde: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ban...(Warcraft_III)

I'd prefer the Scarlets are truly gone, Thassarian had the Scarlet Monastery cleared to the last crusader and the last remaining ones are stuck up in Dalaran
    The Scarlet Crusade is like a fungus though. In Vanilla player trashed the Monastery, together with all their outposts in the Plaguelands and Stratholme. Darion and Alexandros' ghost also wreaked havoc in the Monastery at some point. Then WotLK came and Abbendis made it clear that the Scarlet outposts in Lordaeron had been overrun, with the Scarlet Onslaught becoming the remaining hope for the cause. Then the Forsaken and the Ebon Blade alike took a detour from the war against the Lich King and wiped their asses with the Onslaught as well.

Yet in Cataclysm they magically repopulated the Scarlet Monastery again. Only for it to be sacked by the Forsaken again, this time under the command of Dark Ranger Velonara. Meanwhile Balnazzar killed all Scarlet Crusade and Crimson Legion members in the Plaguelands and Stratholme and resurrected them as Risen. Then they magically repopulated the monastery again and got sacked again, this time by Lilian Voss. Then the fungus came back in Legion, only to be cleansed for the hundredth time, this time with the Ebon Blade getting another chance to wipe them, but probably not for good. And even the Onslaught somehow survived in Northrend, as they were also active in Legion.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-07-04 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.