Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

what's wrong with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Yes... that's how the video game works...

You also have 210 alts of non trash players pulling more dps than full 226 "waited on the vault for weeks" dumpsters who gray parse.

If you have the skill you get better gear. If you have the skill you play with better people. If you have the skill you do more damage.

Pretty simple really. So when people with garbage stats, low ilvl and no clue how to play their class complain, I just laugh and tell them they are trash because killing a boss in 8 minutes when players are killing it in 3 is a pretty big deal.
    The worst thing to happen to the game is people with your attitude. Calling people trash and feeling superior just encourages toxic behaviour in the community. I have played with literally hundreds of newbies and i am always happy to help them if they want it/need it. This game died when it became too easy to change your character, when toxic behaviour resulted in you not getting in groups and other people avoiding you there were repercussions. Now everything is fast, join a random group in a few clicks, act like an ass and you may be kicked but not all the time which does nothing to stop people like you.

I quit after a few months, got my curve and will not sub again until a month before next expansion, if at all, as this community has gone to the dogs. And that, more than anything else, has put me off playing wow. Too much toxicity from people who should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Yeah, logs are a good tool, but you have to know how to "read it", it still is a good indicator to have purple/orange ilvl parses at low ilvl - you are doing everything correctly, but there is more to that than just being "godlike".
    And 1% dps increase has to come from same stats, so if you have 226 bis stats boots, and your 200 is bad stats/no socket - it will result in greater increase. There are a lot of intricacies in comparing gear "fairly" - fight times, buffs, conduits and so on. That's why having higher ilvl sometimes is a dps decrease (trinkets are extreme example, or some bad secondary stat combination on item 3ilvl higher than current one) and it used to be way bigger than SL, in Legion a 15ilvl lower item could have easy been an upgrade.
    Maybe the question should be if an entirely new system could help solve this. Move away from the purely dmg driven thought, more to a situational gearing system. Bosses with lots of movement requirements could require you to equip gear that gives lots of movement increase. Bosses that do lots of AE dmg, require you to equip AE reducing equipment, and so on.

I am just throwing ideas, but surely if the aim is to innovate then moving away from the traditional DPS/HPS approach is what's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    World Quests fucking blow in Shittylands, it's like clocking into a factory job. Time to get to work. And they drop useless crap.

No flight whistle. Ugh.

Still needing to travel through Oribos to get between each zone is ridiculous.

Covenants are stupid and useless.
    Soulbinds and the stuff is dumb
    Anima is stupid
    Soul Ash another grind

These stupid game systems need to fucking go and never return.

Bored-ghast a fucking sad tedious joke waste of time, that for some reason doesn't drop gear rewards.

Man I miss MoP style expansion.
    World quests blew in Legion, BFA, and Shadowlands. Dailies blew in MoP. The whole "keep the world alive" thing is really annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    i used to put "dun b bad" in desc and bad players would still apply

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Maybe the question should be if an entirely new system could help solve this. Move away from the purely dmg driven thought, more to a situational gearing system. Bosses with lots of movement requirements could require you to equip gear that gives lots of movement increase. Bosses that do lots of AE dmg, require you to equip AE reducing equipment, and so on.

I am just throwing ideas, but surely if the aim is to innovate then moving away from the traditional DPS/HPS approach is what's needed.
    I would agree with that, but WoW community is too big for it's own good. Anything like that always upsets someone. I for one, loved corruption gear after vendors, it was broken and you could do crazy stuff with it - absolutely crazy, but it upset a lot of people, which I can understand in some cases.

"Making world quests take longer was a design choice to switch time spent doing world quests vs travel time. Previous expansions players spent way more time traveling between quests over doing them."

of course making world quests take longer was the best solution!!! reducing the travel time was such a stupid thing to think about.... so now the travel time is still a pain, quests takes more time and the reward are still shit! what a great way to make that content more enjoyable... great job blizzard the end goal was never that clear

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

- - - Updated - - -

fake hair? its real hair my dude... do you even follow preach? he had a procedure done so he could finally stop being bald...

- - - Updated - - -

No I don't follow e-grifters all that much, sorry .

"Real" or fake, my point still stands, it looks horrendous.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    No I don't follow e-grifters all that much, sorry .

"Real" or fake, my point still stands, it looks horrendous.
    1. e-grifters? what the fuck is that even suppose to mean
    2. yeah if you look at a persons chest after they had heart surgery, im sure that bloody wound wont look great either. it takes time for stuff to set in...
    3. you really making fun of a dude for being bald and doing something about it? like holy fuck, i hope you remember this in a couple years when your hairline starts retreating. cause getting male pattern baldness is literally a coin flip.

2. yeah if you look at a persons chest after they had heart surgery, im sure that bloody wound wont look great either. it takes time for stuff to set in...
    3. you really making fun of a dude for being bald and doing something about it? like holy fuck, i hope you remember this in a couple years when your hairline starts retreating. cause getting male pattern baldness is literally a coin flip.
    No need to be so defensive , sorry if I insulted someone you idolise.

I'm bald irl btw, just not insecure about it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Didn’t know you had such a thing for the bald guys.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    No need to be so defensive , sorry if I insulted someone you idolise.

I'm bald irl btw, just not insecure about it.
    i dont idolise him but whatever
    also man imagine being jealous you cant afford to fix it. so instead you shit on people who can.

i dont idolise him but whatever
    also man imagine being jealous you cant afford to fix it. so instead you shit on people who can.
    What is there to fix lol? Growing old?

Biggest thing for me was that when asked about bringing melee to raids, he basically said "Yeah AMZ is too strong, so we may adjust that." Great, so now even the best melee out there won't get taken? How exactly is that going to solve the problem and not make it worse?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Regarding the parses, yes. I've looked at item level parses because it strikes me as more fair to compare myself to others of similar gear, rather than the overall parses where people with better gear will obviously pull higher numbers. Is that wrong?
    Looking at ilvl bracket is a nice metric to have for sure but you also have to consider that most of the best players were already in the higher brackets a long time ago so the higher your ilvl goes the better the players you're generally competing against. Imagine lower ilvl brackets is a competition of who is the best fighter in town, and higher ilvl bracket is who is the best fighter in the world out of all the guys who won their local town championship.

At the highest ilvl brackets there are good players getting 95% logs who are green in ilvl bracket, and they may have played completely flawlessly but all of the other situational factors come into play. Logs are massively about the performance of the entire raid and it can be extremely easy for a low geared player to join a raid of much stronger geared players and then get a really good ilvl bracket log just by default of being in an otherwise overgeared raid that kills the boss quickly.

A big part of that is down to Bloodlust uptime. The shorter the fight the more % of the fight duration will have taken place under Bloodlust, and if you look at the best speed kills from previous expansions a few of them were concluded entirely within the duration of Bloodlust, so 100% uptime during the fight.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Because it's so hard to get pieces at Normal raid level with stats you prefer... clearly insurmountable challenge with all the bajillion fucking options you have at that gear level.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look a victim of Ion's lawyer talk. The things he says, he says for many many years and the way he says them makes different people interpret it differently, because 90% of his talk is vague non-committal musings.

KEKW.
    You're being obnoxious. Stop. Maybe get some better toilet paper, IDK.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Biggest thing for me was that when asked about bringing melee to raids, he basically said "Yeah AMZ is too strong, so we may adjust that." Great, so now even the best melee out there won't get taken? How exactly is that going to solve the problem and not make it worse?
    I guess you missed the part where he mentioned the encounter design having more impact on melee spots? That's exactly what happens and we haven't seen enough of next tier to know how it will works out.

Also, melee should not be taken just because they bring in some overpowered ability that's vastly superior to the alternatives. Most raid cooldowns have 3 minute timer, but AMZ is only 2 minutes for pretty much no reason. By your logic, we should buff everything to 2 minutes? Blizzard went away from that back when they nerfed Moonkin's tranquility back in... MoP? Cata? Whatever it was, where they made sure raid cooldowns do not go out of control.

• There is nothing exactly like the mage tower in the near term, but the team loves it and wants to include something like it in the future.
    I hate when they say stuff like this, just a polite way of saying nope

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i mean i progressed M Lady with my 203ilvl mage week1 and did about 3,4k-4k dps with 200 conduits and renown 11 "git gud" as ions said yes lol

- - - Updated - - -

You may check your facts my son, Jhon hight (the classic guy) is in charge of the game, not Ion lol BAD lawyer Ion is just a Game Director, Jhon is an Executive Producer and Vice President of WoW (Ion's Boss/higherUp).
    The people higher than Ion don't give a shit. Define game director, what exactly does that mean? in charge? dictator?. You must understand that he's the one who comes up with the A-Z references and never really made sense so??? you believe the higher-ups care? They don't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there is zero chance classic has more players,not because retail is better,but simply because its more casual freidnly

also this comparison you make is just silly,ofc people are in oribos,its the main city,and ofc the world can end up feeling more filled in classic,theres only 2 damn contitnents,you dont que for dungeons so you are out in the world more,lvling also takes longer,also there is far less to do in classic so ofc more people just hand around in sw
    What's silly is I've been playing Retail over 14 years now, does that mean whatever I say goes? I just started Classic 2 months ago and the amount of players that are active (regardless of phasing) is still more than I've seen after the shadowlands drought started.

Far less to do in classic? and you're talking about silly? This isn't even a discussion anymore mic drop.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This is shit! Torghast makes no sense and fun without drops. Add them!
    I just don't get why they're leaving Torghast as it is. Put some bloody loot in it, seems like such an easy fix to make it worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    "Making world quests take longer was a design choice to switch time spent doing world quests vs travel time. Previous expansions players spent way more time traveling between quests over doing them."

I loled, what we have now is more time in world quests and more time in travel time (with removal of flight whistle)

So much bullshit all around, never change Ion
    No-one wanted world quests to take longer. No-one. No-one asked for Pathfinder and being stuck without flying mounts either. Sometimes it feels like Blizzard want to punish me just for trying to play the game.

What is there to fix lol? Growing old?
    Baldness isn't exclusive to age.

I know a guy who lost most of his hair in his mid-late 20's, and is very insecure about it. There are things to fix if someone considers it to be a problem. Not everyone should see it as a problem, but there's no reason to pretend it's not a problem either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanious View Post
    What's silly is I've been playing Retail over 14 years now, does that mean whatever I say goes? I just started Classic 2 months ago and the amount of players that are active (regardless of phasing) is still more than I've seen after the shadowlands drought started.

Far less to do in classic? and you're talking about silly? This isn't even a discussion anymore mic drop.
    cmon...i understand that people dont like the stuff you can do in retail,but not wanting to do them doesnt make them go away,dont make me list the 20+ different things you can do in retail vs the literaly 3-4 in classic cmon...

also again...ofc you SEE more people in classic,the land masses are 1/20 of retail,and because all those activities take place in mostly those areas ofc they are more filled

in retail people are queing all the time,people are in arenas,more bgs,rated bgs,farming old raids,doing lfr,normal raids and hc and mythic alone not only is more raiding but more time investment,m+ CONSTANTLY is being done,no1 is farming freaking classic dungeons once they are done with them,heck even when people do pet battles you DONT see them,etc etc

you enjoy classic more...i get it,its fine,i will proly enjoy tbc more,but dont make up shit to cope