Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanious View Post
    -a whole lot of unsubstantiated claims and inflammatory comments-
    Firstly "his" was a typo and I meant to write "this" but that's okay. Activision actually knows how to manage a game reasonably well and I feel that Blizzard would benefit from MORE Activision oversight than they currently have. I think that a lot of their issues stem from bad management. As far as game dev turnover, you find me a company that's making successful games that still has most of the same people that it did 16+ years ago.

Do you have ANY proof for any of your claims? Classic started dying off a couple weeks into it. It was a great way for Blizzard to get some cash off an old game, but it completely lost the vanilla WoW community feel within a couple weeks. They had to move their timetables a couple times early on to account for the population dropping even faster than they anticipated and this was obvious to anyone playing at the time. As far as retail goes, try playing on a server with more than 5 people on it or try playing during prime times? I mean you're not going to get an argument from me that Shadowlands is amazing, but there's no indication that it's lower pop than Classic.

The absolute last thing this game needs is the community making decisions about the direction of the game. I can't think of any way to run this game into the ground like a lawn dart faster than that.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| retired.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The absolute last thing this game needs is the community making decisions about the direction of the game. I can't think of any way to run this game into the ground like a lawn dart faster than that.
    The community doesn't agree with everything that blizzard changes. If it's broken down into percentages the Dev's can make a collective decision. If the devs decide to make a stupid change it can be shut down. We have forums do we not? we have discussions do we not? They don't listen, they don't care. How in the fuck isn't that justifiable?. People would make fake accounts with fake evidence? We have a system in place that allows us to have discussions but nothing changes. Please explain how exactly will the community destroy the game? Take for example all my post regarding this topic has been nothing but abrasive and toxic correct?. You didn't agree with me correct? So if that system is in place how exactly will the community uphold wrong decisions? mic drop.
    Last edited by Alanious; 2021-04-30 at 03:32 AM.

Legendary!
    The community doesn't agree with everything that blizzard changes. If it's broken down into percentages the Dev's can make a collective decision. If the devs decide to make a stupid change it can be shut down. We have forums do we not? we have discussions do we not? They don't listen, they don't care. How in the fuck isn't that justifiable?. People would make fake accounts with fake evidence? We have a system in place that allows us to have discussions but nothing changes. Please explain how exactly will the community destroy the game? Take for example all my post regarding this topic has been nothing but abrasive and toxic correct?. You didn't agree with me correct? So if that system is in place how exactly will the community uphold wrong decisions? mic drop.
    What the community wants and what is best for the game can be and often are two entirely different things. Popular doesn't necessarily equal good. I'd rather have professionals in charge of decision making than the community or emotional content creators.

What the community wants and what is best for the game can be and often are two entirely different things. Popular doesn't necessarily equal good. I'd rather have professionals in charge of decision making than the community or emotional content creators.
    Fully agree.
    The thing is that Blizzard devs are "rockstars", with mind-blowing childish attitudes who are sadly more "emotional" than those who you are refering to.
    Blizzard devs are the ones who get OFFENDED if their products are not well-received.

Hell, if I go to a restaurant and my food tastes like shit, I demand my money back AT LEAST, and not the opposite that the chef comes out and lectures me about how my privilege of having good taste buds offends them. What a clown world!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i wonder why is always that image of Smug ion in the thumbnails and in the foruns.
    Because it makes people want to punch him. Which makes the hate go up which in turn makes the flamewar heat which in turn makes more activity on websites/forums/etc,

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I'm sorry you felt the need to make a defensive comment over my wishes for the game, and hope your needs in this game are eventually met in a way that satisfies you.

But as of right now, I'm only stating my desires for the game, as Torghast is entirely unrewarding and null the moment you've got your BIS legendary. M+ rewards detract from raids and also nullifies raid progression if you don't care about/don't have the time for mythic difficulty. Not to mention as seasons go by, every dungeon still drops all the same gear with all the same effects, becoming incredibly stale and boring. Imagine if every new raid dropped the same tier sets, same appearances as the last one. Just isn't fun.
    isnt that exactly what we have now with trinkets being the only exception (if you can call it an exception with the insane amount of nomalization surounding them)? only difference from raid tier to raid tier is Ilvl. the exact same as the M+ you're trying to chastise? also the appearance part is as close to irrelevant as it gets with Tmog in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Remove conduits, put in actual cosmetic rewards for Torghast, reduce ilvl rewards for M+, and give us real valor points for raids. That's it. That's all you gotta do, Ion.

His comment about borrowed power so far is the only step in the right direction here. How they choose to move away from it and what they'll replace it with is a careful step they'll have to make, however.
    oh god pls no.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    If I wanted to DPS, I'd play a DPS spec...P E R I O D. Why even have dps specs in the first place if every class and spec is expected to dps? Such horseshit. I really despise this direction.
    youd rather do nothing during periods when theres nothing to heal? maybe instead of dps, when theres nothing to heal you could have support spells that buffs dps players or maybe build up a dmg reduction on tank/raid as prep for incoming dmg spike, just an idea.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-04-30 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    isnt that exactly what we have now with trinkets being the only exception (if you can call it an exception with the insane amount of nomalization surounding them)? only difference from raid tier to raid tier is Ilvl. the exact same as the M+ you're trying to chastise? also the appearance part is as close to irrelevant as it gets with Tmog in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

oh god pls no.
    M+ gear overrewards you, and gives you quite the edge through your progression in a raid.

Normal raids can be skipped entirely. Heroic is made a lot more trivial. Overall difficulty and time spent progressing is down.

Quite a large amount of people care about what new appearances are released throughout the game. Especially raid tier sets, which have made their return. Have you not seen people talking about it?

No idea what you mean about the trinkets. However, both modes clearly need to be separated from one another. Progression just feels awful and many people agree. I'm but making a simple suggestion among many on fixing it.

What the community wants and what is best for the game can be and often are two entirely different things. Popularity doesn't necessarily equal good. I'd rather have professionals in charge of decision-making than the community or emotional content creators.
    Could you define professional?
    (BFA)
    1) Twilight Devastation (Professional)
    2) Infinite Stars (Professional)
    3) Oozing Wounds (Professional)
    (Shadowlands)
    4) Divine Toll? (Absolute Professional)
    5) Combustion Meteor ( God Tier Professional)
    6) Elemental Shamans? ( Fantasy Professional)
    7)Chorghast ( Slavery Professional)
    I can keep going if you'd like?
    Ion has recirculating answers to every question he's asked. His examples are absolute bullshit, his explanations towards changes are based on your quote "I Feel" which ties to "emotion" and not facts. It's a Development problem "not a player problem". It's the most ignorant response you can get out of a person trying to convenience himself he's correct when he's absolutely wrong. As for popular? I think you mistake proven fuck ups and failures are a part of the learning curve that's used on a major platform for whenever things don't work out. If you're aware that we have community leaders who are far more skilled than the average player you'd consider popular then so be it. The small percentage of them would make far better decisions than the entire fucking Dev team. After all, you're aware only 1 Dev is assigned to every class right? Nothing governs these changes should he tie his bias opinion to it.
    There are no solutions to ignorant Mf's you just let them rot, Professional idiots are more like it, if you cant accept logic you're fucking ignorant and that ties into emotion.
    Last edited by Alanious; 2021-05-02 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I just don't get why they're leaving Torghast as it is. Put some bloody loot in it, seems like such an easy fix to make it worth doing.
    Double dipping rewards is a no-no in Blizzard's development team. It's also why we don't have tabards that give rep when you wear them for dungeon runs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    No-one wanted world quests to take longer. No-one. No-one asked for Pathfinder and being stuck without flying mounts either. Sometimes it feels like Blizzard want to punish me just for trying to play the game.
    That's not true. Bean-counters at Activision-Blizzard wants players to stay subbed for longer periods of time. No better way to do that than make everything take just a little bit longer to do.

Even with flying around the corner in 9.1, you still have several limitations: No flying between zones as you can't fly to Oribos. No flying in the Maw or the new zone added to the Maw.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Legendary!
    Could you define professional?
    (BFA)
    1) Twilight Devastation (Professional)
    2) Infinite Stars (Professional)
    3) Oozing Wounds (Professional)
    (Shadowlands)
    4) Divine Toll? (Absolute Professional)
    5) Combustion Meteor ( God Tier Professional)
    6) Elemental Shamans? ( Fantasy Professional)
    7)Chorghast ( Slavery Professional)
    I can keep going if you'd like?
    Ion has recirculating answers to every question he's asked. His examples are absolute bullshit, his explanations towards changes are based on your quote "I Feel" which ties to "emotion" and not facts. It's a Development problem "not a player problem". It's the most ignorant response you can get out of a person trying to convenience himself he's correct when he's absolutely wrong. As for popular? I think you mistake proven fuck ups and failures are a part of the learning curve that's used on a major platform for whenever things don't work out. If you're aware that we have community leaders who are far more skilled than the average player you'd consider popular then so be it. The small percentage of them would make far better decisions than the entire fucking Dev team. After all, you're aware only 1 Dev is assigned to every class right? Nothing governs these changes should he tie his bias opinion to it.
    There are no solutions to ignorant Mf's you just let them rot, Professional idiots are more like it, if you cant accept logic you're fucking ignorant and that ties into emotion.
    I never said that the devs never make bad decisions. what I said was that what the community often wants isn't what's best for the game more often than not. You have an awful lot of faith in people with no qualifications or experience. I'm aware that once upon a time one of the lead theorycrafters for one of the classes was a literal astrophysicist, but the current guy for my main class microwaves bacon and American cheese on flour tortillas with roughly a kilo of cilantro and calls them authentic tacos, so there's some variance.

Often times the loudest voices in this community with ideas on how to fix the games propose things that would 100% kill the game for anyone that wasn't in their personal small bubble, and then they get extremely mad when Blizzard, a business, has to consider other players.

I never said that the devs never make bad decisions. what I said was that what the community often wants isn't what's best for the game more often than not. You have an awful lot of faith in people with no qualifications or experience. I'm aware that once upon a time one of the lead theorycrafters for one of the classes was a literal astrophysicist, but the current guy for my main class microwaves bacon and American cheese on flour tortillas with roughly a kilo of cilantro and calls them authentic tacos, so there's some variance.

Often times the loudest voices in this community with ideas on how to fix the games propose things that would 100% kill the game for anyone that wasn't in their personal small bubble, and then they get extremely mad when Blizzard, a business, has to consider other players.
    Professional with qualifications and experience. I'll dumb this down for you as best as I can. There are no qualifications to common sense, it can't be taught or learnt, you either have it or you don't. It's like someone commenting on a post with proper suggestions and an opposition responding with no evidence, no facts, coming to conclusions without properly observing all the information. It's as if almost that person hasn't played the game much or even comprehend what exactly has taken place over 3 expansions. They also find every solution to every problem without qualifications or experience or knowledge.Could you imagine that?
    Last edited by Alanious; 2021-05-05 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Fully agree.
    The thing is that Blizzard devs are "rockstars", with mind-blowing childish attitudes who are sadly more "emotional" than those who you are refering to.
    Blizzard devs are the ones who get OFFENDED if their products are not well-received.

Hell, if I go to a restaurant and my food tastes like shit, I demand my money back AT LEAST, and not the opposite that the chef comes out and lectures me about how my privilege of having good taste buds offends them. What a clown world!
    What are you basing this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Fully agree.

You just described most if not all WoW big youtubers and streamers. Never seen dev acted this way.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What are you basing this on?
    This is a response that Ghostcrawler made years ago. He's being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You just described most if not all WoW big youtubers and streamers. Never seen dev acted this way.
    This is a response that Ghostcrawler made years ago. He's being sarcastic.

Legendary!
    Professional with qualifications and experience. I'll dumb this down for you as best as I can. There are no qualifications to common sense, it can't be taught or learnt, you either have it or you don't. It's like someone commenting on a post with proper suggestions and an opposition responding with no evidence, no facts, coming to conclusions without properly observing all the information. It's as if almost that person hasn't played the game much or even comprehend what exactly has taken place over 3 expansions. They also find every solution to every problem without qualifications or experience or knowledge.Could you imagine that?
    Everyone thinks they have common sense. Few do.