Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Ya...I'm not coming back for this garbage.

  2. #142
    For a supposed smarty smart math nerd Ion sure doesn't understand basic math. Or much of anything, apparently.

  3. #143
    this guy has no clue... please for Old Gods sake get a development team that has actually played the game

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Power level from item rating has not changed even since Wrath. 1 item level is basically the equivalent of 1%.
    If there is such a big gap between players 20 item levels apart, it is more likely a skill issue.

    Not even remotely true, 20 item level increase overall is a 100% DPS increase this expansion.

    Also he just completely ignored PVP cuz its basically dead now.
    LOL. Are you really seeing 100% difference? Hahahaha. It is a skill thing buddy. First place for you to start is to see if you're actually using a weapon. Check to see if it's using you're preferred stat. If you're a druid for example, check that it's int or agi. A staff can't have both. Then google "how do I dps as a <insert class>"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Given same skill the difference would be 6%.

    That's hardly an insurmountable gap of multiple times that the streamer loaded the question with.

    No matter how some try to twist it, the reality is that Ion was spot on with 1% for 1 ilvl. It legit checks out in simulation.
    Perhaps. Or perhaps it's that the itemization of gear you acquire int he game (let's say, 197 gear) is poorly itemized compared to 220 gear; since most people don't get BIS gear while gearing up their character only to replace it with BIS gear. I think if you were to scale up purely the 197 gear to 220 you'd end up at a 29% difference.

    That being said,

    Let's look at your logs.

    Shriekwing ilvl211: 3100
    Shriekwing 225: 5400

    Huntsman ilvl214 - 6200
    Huntsman ilvl226 - 9200


    Hungering Destroyer ilvl214 - 4029
    Hunger Destroyer ilvl228 - 6106


    Sunking ilvl 215 - 5410
    Sunking ilvl228 - 7300

    Inerva 217 - 4928
    Inerva 228 - 7590




    I won't go on. I mean, man, you sucked a whole lot more between those 9 ilvls on inerva. Good thing you got good in that month difference.

  6. #146
    The rating system will be on a 1-5 gem system. You need 4 gems to make it to the next floor. This can be done by being quick, or by being slower and efficient. This is not a speed run system.
    This is the biggest shit they can do! I hate scores.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Not really, you just don't get it.

    Made clear by saying casuals shouldnt care how long something should take

    Pretty sure you don't even know what a casual player is.
    Pretty sure you're confusing entitled with casual. Give me a good reason why you need better gear or why you need to have faster anima aquisition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Doesn't matter what they need the gear for, what matters is feeling like their character is progressing in some way. Having that taken away is in part why so many have quit. That directly ties into the mmoRPG part of the game
    So vanilla-MoP were not RPGs, because you had to do dungeons/raid or PvP to progress?
    I think that asking for raid level loot without doing any raids (or similar difficult content) is a huge ask. You could argue that getting to maximum possible item level (200) was too easy this time around, hence the lack of character progression. But nobody seriously quit because of that. That's incredibly unbelievable.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Perhaps. Or perhaps it's that the itemization of gear you acquire int he game (let's say, 197 gear) is poorly itemized compared to 220 gear; since most people don't get BIS gear while gearing up their character only to replace it with BIS gear. I think if you were to scale up purely the 197 gear to 220 you'd end up at a 29% difference.

    That being said,

    Let's look at your logs.

    Shriekwing ilvl211: 3100
    Shriekwing 225: 5400

    Huntsman ilvl214 - 6200
    Huntsman ilvl226 - 9200


    Hungering Destroyer ilvl214 - 4029
    Hunger Destroyer ilvl228 - 6106


    Sunking ilvl 215 - 5410
    Sunking ilvl228 - 7300

    Inerva 217 - 4928
    Inerva 228 - 7590




    I won't go on. I mean, man, you sucked a whole lot more between those 9 ilvls on inerva. Good thing you got good in that month difference.
    First of all, you compare logs of literally first kills vs farm.

    Fine example of twisting shit.

    You compare logs of literally first kills of mythic boss for me ever vs my best farm logs? Whom are you kidding? That's exactly the definition of "skill" - first kills, you are happy you bloody did it scuffed as it was with raid half dead. 10th kill - you do it on a bloody autopilot with everyone up and pumping - ofc DPS is higher ther.

    It's by definition the SKILL impact all around. Yes, on 10th Mythic boss kill, my execution and timings are MUCH better than on progression kill, brainiac.


    I gave you sim - it's a raw math, without BS. You go ahead and show how skill can affect it - good job, matey.

    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...DjqgYYSFbsrYax



    It's pure math. It's how it is.

    Different/optimized stats? You bet I did - part of gearing up properly, which, by itself, is knowledge and skill.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why is a recolor of an armor set you get for free worthy of a 2 year grind?
    It's a 6 month grind. What's wrong with having a goal that doesn't actually require any grinding at all but rewards continual casual game play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Pretty sure you're confusing entitled with casual. Give me a good reason why you need better gear or why you need to have faster anima aquisition?
    "Because I want it" is all the damn reason I need, this is a video game, not real life, you wanna talk entitled? Look in the mirror.

  12. #152
    Dunno but for example in wotlk fresh char had like 15k HP? In s8(4th tier patch final) fully geared non plate char was like 30? We ve already passed that within first season. In last we will get cata numbers. Who cares if 1ilv is 1% when overall power gain is fked up?

    After this interview im almost sure we will have bfa 2.0 progression . 80 180 renown whatever will be time gated to 30 or sth day questing and it will bring meaningless 1% change to ur char(sarcasm) gamechanging like convenant spells so u better farm it or be a loser. Alts or new players will be months behind so sub count will be satisfying for $ department
    I hope im wrong

  13. #153
    So the best way to get away from the borrowed power mudhole, is to rev up and plow right into the dead center, like we have with SL and covenants and legendaries and torghast, and just the whole expac???

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Almost swear Ion goes out of his way to be as unlikeable as possible.
    He used to be a lawyer, comes with the territory. You either look likeable like Legal Eagle or you look like...well, Ion.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

    "May the Goddess smile upon you."

    "Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Given same skill the difference would be 6%.

    That's hardly an insurmountable gap of multiple times that the streamer loaded the question with.

    No matter how some try to twist it, the reality is that Ion was spot on with 1% for 1 ilvl. It legit checks out in simulation.
    It would be 6% purely on gear. But it sounded like the game director thinks getting good is worth more than gear. I guess you missed that part. Or probably ignored it because.. well.. it shits on your point.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I didn't bother to watch it. Did Ion answer with his usual PR speech and non-answers about what "the team" wanted to achieve?
    Do you want the truth or do you just want an echo chamber?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It would be 6% purely on gear. But it sounded like the game director thinks getting good is worth more than gear. I guess you missed that part. Or probably ignored it because.. well.. it shits on your point.
    Because getting good is worth more than gear maybe? That's why you have people like Zmok healing +15 on grievous with fresh 170 ilvl.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-04-27 at 10:49 PM.

  18. #158
    SO he said that shadowlands wont be a wod, but only confirmed a 9.2 ..which still has me worried shadowlands will be a wod..

  19. #159
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Saying something is a "skill issue" is misleading. It's also an issue that the game is designed so that skill differences have a large effect.

    It would instead have been possible to simplify rotations to the extent that skill becomes less important. The devs made the deliberate choice not to do that, so the large gap is something they themselves share responsibility for.
    It really is quite disgusting and it reveals the disdain he has for most of the player base. He's basically making the same forum argument that it's the players fault they aren't skilled enough for the game.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It would be 6% purely on gear. But it sounded like the game director thinks getting good is worth more than gear. I guess you missed that part. Or probably ignored it because.. well.. it shits on your point.
    I mean...

    Getting good IS worth more than gear, not sure what you're trying to say otherwise there. You legitimately gain a shitton of DPS with better play, that's also a big reason why farm parses are much higher than progression ones - you raid's execution improves immensely and DPS follows.

    It's simply the reality even beyond the obvious part where mythic raiders are overwhelmingly more skilled than their normal counterparts, freak accidents aside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •