Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Preach Developer Interview with Ion Hazzikostas - Patch 9.1

Preach Developer Interview with Ion Hazzikostas - Patch 9.1
    Preach is sitting down to discuss the details of Patch 9.1 with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas!

This thread will update as the interview reveals more information!
    Last edited by Stoy; 2021-04-27 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to empathize with this man but he makes it so hard. Give the players what they want for gods sake
    Last edited by Phaelia; 2021-04-27 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like what they deliver is hamster wheel content, maybe players like that

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wished they would make Torghast accumulative rather than doing it weekly especially on alts so you get soul ash from the last time you did it with the weekly cap in mind. So I'm not forced to have to do choreghast.

Remove conduits, put in actual cosmetic rewards for Torghast, reduce ilvl rewards for M+, and give us real valor points for raids. That's it. That's all you gotta do, Ion.

His comment about borrowed power so far is the only step in the right direction here. How they choose to move away from it and what they'll replace it with is a careful step they'll have to make, however.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-04-27 at 05:39 PM.

Almost swear Ion goes out of his way to be as unlikeable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I really want to empathize with this man but he makes it so hard. Give the players what they want for gods sake
    well, that's what he is talking about. U have something what some players want, but it screws up others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make Valor like it was in WoLK.

"Players loved X, and we loved X, so we're not doing X."

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Almost swear Ion goes out of his way to be as unlikeable as possible.
    Its his face. Trust me, its his face. That went for Ghostcrawler as well. They just gave off that creepy look.

I missed the entire thing but apparently he didn't announce a release date?

TL;DR: They're happy with everything bar maybe DKs, Holy Pala Dmg and Torghast. Everything else is just about perfect.
    9.1 is gonna be the same as 9.0, and 9.2 is gonna be just like that as well - but hey, Tier Sets, they're gonna do the trick! Other than that, stick around and stay subbed till 10.0 because that's when everything's gonna be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    If I want A
    You want B
    someone else wants C
    another wants D
    the person over there wants E
    and one last person wants F

None of these things can exist in the same game as they are mutually exclusive or just take too long to implement them all what group of players should they go with. Since that's what the player base of wow is. There is no "Playerbase" agreeing on anything. The player base is too diverse, too fractured, that which ever blizzard choose from the list above they'll piss off those who want the other 5 ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Remove conduits, put in actual cosmetic rewards for Torghast, reduce ilvl rewards for M+, and give us real valor points for raids. That's it. That's all you gotta do, Ion.
    You forgot to add the point to not listen to people like you. Reducing ilvl from m+ for example is quite idiotic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If I wanted to DPS, I'd play a DPS spec...P E R I O D. Why even have dps specs in the first place if every class and spec is expected to dps? Such horseshit. I really despise this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If I want A
    You want B
    someone else wants C
    another wants D
    the person over there wants E
    and one last person wants F

None of these things can exist in the same game as they are mutually exclusive or just take too long to implement them all what group of players should they go with. Since that's what the player base of wow is. There is no "Playerbase" agreeing on anything. The player base is too diverse, too fractured, that which ever blizzard choose from the list above they'll piss off those who want the other 5 ideas.
    I want D, someone give me the D XD

I actually hate Preach. What a pathetic meta slave. This entire interview is a case study in how completely out of touch the developers and their elitist butt buddies are.

This game is dying and it's evident because they give no fucks in developing for casuals. Kevin Jordan put it best, this is a game for 'chasers" who chase the top 1%. There's no room for anyone else.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That guy is a shame for the genre.

Fire his goofy ass

If there is such a big gap between players 20 item levels apart, it is more likely a skill issue.
    This dude has no idea what he's talking about.