Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The rating system will be on a 1-5 gem system. You need 4 gems to make it to the next floor. This can be done by being quick, or by being slower and efficient. This is not a speed run system.
    This is the biggest shit they can do! I hate scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Not really, you just don't get it.

Made clear by saying casuals shouldnt care how long something should take

Pretty sure you don't even know what a casual player is.
    Pretty sure you're confusing entitled with casual. Give me a good reason why you need better gear or why you need to have faster anima aquisition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Doesn't matter what they need the gear for, what matters is feeling like their character is progressing in some way. Having that taken away is in part why so many have quit. That directly ties into the mmoRPG part of the game
    So vanilla-MoP were not RPGs, because you had to do dungeons/raid or PvP to progress?
    I think that asking for raid level loot without doing any raids (or similar difficult content) is a huge ask. You could argue that getting to maximum possible item level (200) was too easy this time around, hence the lack of character progression. But nobody seriously quit because of that. That's incredibly unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Perhaps. Or perhaps it's that the itemization of gear you acquire int he game (let's say, 197 gear) is poorly itemized compared to 220 gear; since most people don't get BIS gear while gearing up their character only to replace it with BIS gear. I think if you were to scale up purely the 197 gear to 220 you'd end up at a 29% difference.

That being said,

Let's look at your logs.

Shriekwing ilvl211: 3100
    Shriekwing 225: 5400

Huntsman ilvl214 - 6200
    Huntsman ilvl226 - 9200

Hungering Destroyer ilvl214 - 4029
    Hunger Destroyer ilvl228 - 6106

Sunking ilvl 215 - 5410
    Sunking ilvl228 - 7300

Inerva 217 - 4928
    Inerva 228 - 7590

I won't go on. I mean, man, you sucked a whole lot more between those 9 ilvls on inerva. Good thing you got good in that month difference.
    First of all, you compare logs of literally first kills vs farm.

Fine example of twisting shit.

You compare logs of literally first kills of mythic boss for me ever vs my best farm logs? Whom are you kidding? That's exactly the definition of "skill" - first kills, you are happy you bloody did it scuffed as it was with raid half dead. 10th kill - you do it on a bloody autopilot with everyone up and pumping - ofc DPS is higher ther.

It's by definition the SKILL impact all around. Yes, on 10th Mythic boss kill, my execution and timings are MUCH better than on progression kill, brainiac.

I gave you sim - it's a raw math, without BS. You go ahead and show how skill can affect it - good job, matey.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...DjqgYYSFbsrYax

It's pure math. It's how it is.

Different/optimized stats? You bet I did - part of gearing up properly, which, by itself, is knowledge and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why is a recolor of an armor set you get for free worthy of a 2 year grind?
    It's a 6 month grind. What's wrong with having a goal that doesn't actually require any grinding at all but rewards continual casual game play?
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Pretty sure you're confusing entitled with casual. Give me a good reason why you need better gear or why you need to have faster anima aquisition?
    "Because I want it" is all the damn reason I need, this is a video game, not real life, you wanna talk entitled? Look in the mirror.

Dunno but for example in wotlk fresh char had like 15k HP? In s8(4th tier patch final) fully geared non plate char was like 30? We ve already passed that within first season. In last we will get cata numbers. Who cares if 1ilv is 1% when overall power gain is fked up?

After this interview im almost sure we will have bfa 2.0 progression . 80 180 renown whatever will be time gated to 30 or sth day questing and it will bring meaningless 1% change to ur char(sarcasm) gamechanging like convenant spells so u better farm it or be a loser. Alts or new players will be months behind so sub count will be satisfying for $ department
    I hope im wrong

So the best way to get away from the borrowed power mudhole, is to rev up and plow right into the dead center, like we have with SL and covenants and legendaries and torghast, and just the whole expac???

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Almost swear Ion goes out of his way to be as unlikeable as possible.
    He used to be a lawyer, comes with the territory. You either look likeable like Legal Eagle or you look like...well, Ion.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Given same skill the difference would be 6%.

That's hardly an insurmountable gap of multiple times that the streamer loaded the question with.

No matter how some try to twist it, the reality is that Ion was spot on with 1% for 1 ilvl. It legit checks out in simulation.
    It would be 6% purely on gear. But it sounded like the game director thinks getting good is worth more than gear. I guess you missed that part. Or probably ignored it because.. well.. it shits on your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I didn't bother to watch it. Did Ion answer with his usual PR speech and non-answers about what "the team" wanted to achieve?
    Do you want the truth or do you just want an echo chamber?
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It would be 6% purely on gear. But it sounded like the game director thinks getting good is worth more than gear. I guess you missed that part. Or probably ignored it because.. well.. it shits on your point.
    Because getting good is worth more than gear maybe? That's why you have people like Zmok healing +15 on grievous with fresh 170 ilvl.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-04-27 at 10:49 PM.

SO he said that shadowlands wont be a wod, but only confirmed a 9.2 ..which still has me worried shadowlands will be a wod..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Saying something is a "skill issue" is misleading. It's also an issue that the game is designed so that skill differences have a large effect.

It would instead have been possible to simplify rotations to the extent that skill becomes less important. The devs made the deliberate choice not to do that, so the large gap is something they themselves share responsibility for.
    It really is quite disgusting and it reveals the disdain he has for most of the player base. He's basically making the same forum argument that it's the players fault they aren't skilled enough for the game.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...

Getting good IS worth more than gear, not sure what you're trying to say otherwise there. You legitimately gain a shitton of DPS with better play, that's also a big reason why farm parses are much higher than progression ones - you raid's execution improves immensely and DPS follows.

It's simply the reality even beyond the obvious part where mythic raiders are overwhelmingly more skilled than their normal counterparts, freak accidents aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Because getting good is worth more than gear maybe?
    Then we agree then.. question mark...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean...

Getting good IS worth more than gear, not sure what you're trying to say otherwise there. You legitimately gain a shitton of DPS with better play, that's also a big reason why farm parses are much higher than progression ones - you raid's execution improves immensely and DPS follows.
    Right.. but why does it matter if someone not as good has a little higher gear to progress to if getting good is the primary factor? I mean I never cared if bads have gear because I know gear isn't the deciding factor. But a lot of people seem HYPER concerned about bads getting gear. I mean I know for one my wife getting 220 won't be getting her into mythic raids. But at least she would still be paying a sub working towards 220 instead.

They don't and they're not asking for 220. But a dead stop at around 200 isn't fun for anyone.

The effort of m+ isn't the issue either, I'd say it's more the content itself and the people you're forced to do it with.

It's made less awful with a group of people you know though (only reason I'm doing it) but plenty of solo players avoid it because of that.
    There isn't a dead stop at 200. You can do Torghast to work towards a 235. Torghast is super casual. You can do m 4s. That is super casual. That's only 1 a week. Very casual content that progressively increases your power level.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we agree then.. question mark...
    I mean, I'm not terribly sure how that shits on my point then.

My point is, what Ion said checks out. 1% = 1ilvl, which is really simulated truth and that if you observe far more than that gap - it's a skill issue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Right.. but why does it matter if someone not as good has a little higher gear to progress to if getting good is the primary factor? I mean I never cared if bads have gear because I know gear isn't the deciding factor. But a lot of people seem HYPER concerned about bads getting gear. I mean I know for one my wife getting 220 won't be getting her into mythic raids. But at least she would still be paying a sub working towards 220 instead.
    I mean, at this point? You can get 220s from pretty casual content with Valor.

Why reward players that tackle pinnacle PvE content with more powerful gear than the rest? Because it's World of Warcraft and it is how it works since 2004.

You can only say thanks that the gap is not as insane as it was back then where it was raid or die. The game nowadays is giga casual friendly when it comes to gearing.

I mean, I'm not terribly sure how that shits on my point then.

My point is, what Ion said checks out. 1% = 1ilvl, which is really simulated truth and that if you observe far more than that gap - it's a skill issue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I didn't argue with that or even bring it up.. question mark...

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't argue with that or even bring it up.. question mark...
    So what's exactly your problem with "my point", because that was my "point".