Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 9.1 PTR - Torghast Perks Early Preview

Patch 9.1 PTR - Torghast Perks Early Preview
    We're taking a very early look at the Torghast Perks system that Ion mentioned in the developer interview earlier today.

Keep in mind that this feature is not yet available on PTR so everything is subject to change.

Tier 0

Blessing of the Ancients

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Blessing of the AncientsBegin each run with 1 Blessing20
    1Blessing of the AncientsBegin each run with 2 Blessings75
    2Blessing of the AncientsBegin each run with 3 Blessings200

Empowered Swiftness

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Empowered SwiftnessWhen Empowered, movement speed increased by 50%.20
    1Empowered SwiftnessWhen Empowered, movement speed increased by 75%.75
    2Empowered SwiftnessWhen Empowered, movement speed increased by 100%.200

Self-Replenishment

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Self-ReplenishmentWhen you attack a Boss for the first time, spawn 1 nearby orbs that will heal you for 25% of your maximum health when collected.20
    1Self-ReplenishmentWhen you attack a Boss for the first time, spawn 2 nearby orbs that will heal you for 25% of your maximum health when collected.75
    2Self-ReplenishmentWhen you attack a Boss for the first time, spawn 3 nearby orbs that will heal you for 25% of your maximum health when collected.ted.200

Tier 1

Unlocks at 100 total Tower Knowledge spent.

Freed from Torment

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Freed from TormentBegin each run with 1 fewer Torments40
    1Freed from TormentBegin each run with 2 fewer Torments200

Empowered Rampage

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Empowered RampageIncreases the delay before you begin to become unempowered to 6 seconds.15
    1Empowered RampageIncreases the delay before you begin to become unempowered to 7 seconds.35
    2Empowered RampageIncreases the delay before you begin to become unempowered to 8 seconds.60
    3Empowered RampageIncreases the delay before you begin to become unempowered to 9 seconds.100
    4Empowered RampageIncreases the delay before you begin to become unempowered to 10 seconds.200

Discovered Cache

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Discovered CacheBrokers within Torghast offer you additional wares.75

Tier 2

Unlocks at 250 total Tower Knowledge spent.

Undeterred

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0UndeterredYou take 5% reduced damage from Bosses.30
    1UndeterredYou take 10% reduced damage from Bosses.50
    2UndeterredYou take 15% reduced damage from Bosses.70
    3UndeterredYou take 20% reduced damage from Bosses.100
    4UndeterredYou take 25% reduced damage from Bosses.150

The Adamant Vaults

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0The Adamant VaultsUpon achieving Rank 5 in a successful Torghast run you and your party may ascend to the Adamant Vaults.150

Inexplicable Power

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Inexplicable PowerWhen you engage a Boss, your damage is increased by 5% for 20 sec.20
    1Inexplicable PowerWhen you engage a Boss, your damage is increased by 10% for 20 sec.40
    2Inexplicable PowerWhen you engage a Boss, your damage is increased by 15% for 20 sec.75
    3Inexplicable PowerWhen you engage a Boss, your damage is increased by 20% for 20 sec.115
    4Inexplicable PowerWhen you engage a Boss, your damage is increased by 25% for 20 sec.150

Tier 3

Unlocks at 500 total Tower Knowledge spent.

Soul Fragments

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Soul FragmentsSouls Remnants additionally grant you 1% Stamina.50

Good Reflexes

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Good ReflexesYou take 20% reduced damage from traps.30
    1Good ReflexesYou take 40% reduced damage from traps.75

Death Denied

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Death Denied 25
    1Death Denied 40
    2Death Denied 70

Tier 4

Unlocks at 1000 total Tower Knowledge spent.

Unflinching

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0UnflinchingYou take 5% reduced damage from Elites.15
    1UnflinchingYou take 10% reduced damage from Elites.30
    2UnflinchingYou take 15% reduced damage from Elites.50
    3UnflinchingYou take 20% reduced damage from Elites.75
    4UnflinchingYou take 25% reduced damage from Elites.150

Anima-Attuned

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Anima-AttunedElites drop an Anima Orb s1% more often.50
    1Anima-AttunedElites drop an Anima Orb s1% more often.100

Elite Slayer

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Elite SlayerElites award 10% additional score.30
    1Elite SlayerElites award 20% additional score.60
    2Elite SlayerElites award 30% additional score.100

Tier 5

Unlocks at 2000 total Tower Knowledge spent.

Meddle With Fate

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Meddle With FateUp to 1 time per run, you may reject an Anima Power selection and obtain a replacement set of choices.50
    1Meddle With FateUp to 2 times per run, you may reject an Anima Power selection and obtain a replacement set of choices.100
    2Meddle With FateUp to 3 times per run, you may reject an Anima Power selection and obtain a replacement set of choices.200

Score Hero

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Score HeroKilling a creature has a low chance to make you fully Empowered.150

Empowered Mastery

RankSpellDescriptionCost
    0Empowered MasteryWhile Empowered, you gain 20% damage, healing, and movement speed.250

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-04-28 at 02:28 AM.

I don't know if this is going to change the perception of it being a chore.

Huh.....look like a talent tree. Neat.

This is exactly what I want in Torghast, permanent upgrades that affect all future runs.

We might finally be getting out of the beta, folks.

Just what we needed, more systems

This looks like they are making it more like Horrific Visions. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    This looks like they are making it more like Horrific Visions. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    Don't you mean more like Deaths of Chromie?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't you mean more like Deaths of Chromie?
    The data indeed implies this is based on the Deaths of Chromie scenario (and right now they even share the background image).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    yeah to be perfectly honest, that was my first thought too. If they genuinely thought this would improve things, why was it not in at launch? Adding multiple new systems at the start of each expansion is bad enough - adding more during each expansion is just too much, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    its... its not more systems... tis literally just a talent tree...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    yeah to be perfectly honest, that was my first thought too. If they genuinely thought this would improve things, why was it not in at launch? Adding multiple new systems at the start of each expansion is bad enough - adding more during each expansion is just too much, imo.
    boy are you gunna hate Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk/Cata/Mop/Wod/Legion/BFA/and shadowlands.

Anything they can do to not have to try and fix anima powers i guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Anything they can do to not have to try and fix anima powers i guess.
    what needs to be fixed about anima powers?

Man it makes me sleepy just looking at anything related to Torghast. It's some of the most boring content they've ever added to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
    Man it makes me sleepy just looking at anything related to Torghast. It's some of the most boring content they've ever added to WoW.
    Wow so edgy, so new and you're contributed so much to the conversation......perhaps you can actually explain yourself without repeating the same old tired nonsense people spew about it?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    boy are you gunna hate Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk/Cata/Mop/Wod/Legion/BFA/and shadowlands.
    What system was added in Vanilla that was abandoned in TBC? Same for TBC into Wrath?

Obviously BGs were added during Vanilla, but was continued. And to be fair, I expect a few additions after a game first launches - stuff that wasnt quite ready etc.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-28 at 03:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What system was added in Vanilla that was abandoned in TBC? Same for TBC into Wrath?

Obviously BGs were added during Vanilla, but was continued. And to be fair, I expect a few additions after a game first launches - stuff that wasnt quite ready etc.
    vanilla to tbc- 40 man raids, pvp ranking system, faction specific classes, stat %'s, dungeons only being in 1 difficulty, 10 man dungeons, full 8 set teir bonuses. Profession quests, class quests.
    tbc to wotlk- faction specific seals, flying being endgame, world pvp objectives, unique drums, raids being 1 size and 1 size only, and 1 difficulty only (intro of 10/25 and normal/heroic).
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-28 at 03:49 AM.

Now lets add xp for alts and gearing for solo players and we are onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    tbc to wotlk-raids being 1 size and 1 size only, and 1 difficulty only (intro of 10/25 and normal/heroic).
    Karazhan says hello

if all the changes are this generic, torghast isn't going to get any better. rogue lites are loved for the variety of gameplay and runs they provide. a talent tree with generic power boosts and a collection minigame inside of the this minigame isn't going to make it better. there needs to be a lot more powers that are useful AND change gameplay.