Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    Sure, of course, people want social. It's so easy for Blizzard, because people want that.
    There is definitely nobody playing WoW asking for solo content, right? Why would they? They want social. Got ya'.

    Good thing you know what people want. Maybe try for world peace next?
    The overwhelming majority of players have quit wow at this point. Trying to please the few that remain isn't gonna work. So when you focus on what the current players want, you are starting with the wrong question right off the bat.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Lots of people quit WoW
    this is where known facts ends in your comment and bullshit starts, this is all we know, that lots of people left wow, and thats true about EVERY expansion, vanilla included

    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The stuff with Torghast, nobody liked to hear from Ion
    interesting, bcs if you go to wowhead to article about torghast changes you can se A LOT of people happy about the change... seems like you are one of the "i know best and everyone who disagree is wrong" people, so im not gonna waste more time with you, its pointless, people like you never learn they are not center of the universe

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The overwhelming majority of players have quit wow at this point. Trying to please the few that remain isn't gonna work. So when you focus on what the current players want, you are starting with the wrong question right off the bat.
    And you know why they left, right? Let me guess, it's because WoW is not social and Blizzard doesn't listen, or is only listening to the wrong "people" not the good people, who know.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Funny, becouse the ones that really trying to dictate whats meaningful are some of the players, they also love to claim alot more then Blizzard that they speak for everyone.
    for some people its hard to understand that they are not the center of universe and that people actualy can have different opinion than theirs...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The overwhelming majority of players have quit wow at this point.
    true, and most of them (roughly some 88milion) before pandaria... thats right from numbers we ACTUALY KNOW and not from your feelings and gueswork, we know that at some point in pandaria (or late cata?) 100m people tried wow but it never had more than 12.5m active players, so in vanila-pandaria period 88(+/-) milion people left... but the game was still relativel new at the time and market was not yet saturated so people were coming in faster than leaving, and as its normal for every game or product in general, after peak that changed, bcs the amount of possible new players just droped

  5. #125
    When people talk about how players have quit WoW, they always rush to the assumption it's a confirmation the game has gotten objectively worse. Another explanation might be that people who played this game 10-15 years ago didn't plan on signing up for over a decade of playing the same game.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    When people talk about how players have quit WoW, they always rush to the assumption it's a confirmation the game has gotten objectively worse. Another explanation might be that people who played this game 10-15 years ago didn't plan on signing up for over a decade of playing the same game.
    not to mention they always ignore people were leaving in huge amounts since vanila, there was just enough people coming in to even it out

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    not to mention they always ignore people were leaving in huge amounts since vanila, there was just enough people coming in to even it out
    You also gotta factor in what's the "new hot thing". There was a time WoW was that but no matter what level of quality expansion Blizz release now, WoW will never be the new hot thing again. There's always something else.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    for some people its hard to understand that they are not the center of universe and that people actualy can have different opinion than theirs...

    - - - Updated - - -



    true, and most of them (roughly some 88milion) before pandaria... thats right from numbers we ACTUALY KNOW and not from your feelings and gueswork, we know that at some point in pandaria (or late cata?) 100m people tried wow but it never had more than 12.5m active players, so in vanila-pandaria period 88(+/-) milion people left... but the game was still relativel new at the time and market was not yet saturated so people were coming in faster than leaving, and as its normal for every game or product in general, after peak that changed, bcs the amount of possible new players just droped
    The decline in WoW started pretty close to the same time they destroyed the in-game communities. That is indisputable. Therefore, it makes sense Blizzard should have worked to bring back the in-game community. They did not. Instead, Blizzard has LITERALLY tried everything else. They added minigames. They added solo features like mission tables and garrisons. They added esports. They added timed dungeons. They tried EVERYTHING. And still subs fell.

    At THIS point, its pretty damn obvious that the SOLUTION is the ONE thing they have NOT tried, which is bringing back social.

    Sheesh.

    How many more times must they try solo content, minigames, timed features before YOU think they should give social a SHOT??????????
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The decline in WoW started pretty close to the same time they destroyed the in-game communities. That is indisputable.
    Wrong. It actually started well before that. WotLK had the peak of concurrent player numbers, but that means it started slowing down well before that, since the peak is simply the point where losses overtake gains. It most likely started somewhere in BC.

    It's unlikely communities had anything to do with it, and most definitely not indisputable.

    For that matter, most of the supposed community-destroying features were reactions to declines in communities, which would necessarily have to come first then.

    It's far more likely you got to invested in your own PoV and failed to properly consider the possibility that you're the one that's wrong.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it's the same reason they removed reforging. people were getting gear, hearthing out, reforging, and going back in. which slows runs down, which pisses other people off and all for what? a miniscule dps increase which, let's be honest, will have no impact on whether or not the group is successful or fails
    You can't make major design decisions that affect everyone in a game with millions of players just to try to curb the very.... deranged... behaviors of a small percentage.

  11. #131
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Different conduits are better for different situations. That's the point.
    Yeah no, the point is to make choices. If you can have it all there are no choice, so the whole thing become pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The FFXIV devs listen. The WoW devs DON'T!
    Literally one of the largest complaints in SB was that the FF14 devs didnt listen. You get that complaint everywhere, no matter the game.

    Yoshi-P has also said on multiple occasions for players to "git gud" as well.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Literally one of the largest complaints in SB was that the FF14 devs didnt listen. You get that complaint everywhere, no matter the game.
    bcs when some people say they want developers to listen to feedback what they mean is they want developers to listen to THEIR feedback, and ignore everyone else, even though the feedback they provide is quite often "game is shit make it better"

  14. #134
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Let's just get into it straight away. "Meaningful" content is extremely subjective. For some people transmog is meaningful. For other people gold farming is meaningful. It completely depends on who you are. So the idea that Blizzard can tell us "this is a meaningful choice" is absolutely insane. Because it only holds meaning if it has meaning for the specific person.

    In the latest Preach Interview Ion said two things concerning the Conduit Energy that really annoys me:

    1) "They wanted to avoid another system where you swap to Conduits on every boss."

    Why? Why is it a problem if a few players wants to swap Conduits for every boss? It's a part of class customization. And most players wont do it anyway just like most players don't even change talents between bosses. Why do you have to make these unnecessarily restrictive rules just because a few players are going to swap conduits on every boss. Also, it's not like the conduits have any complexity. It's just another passive talent row.

    2) "They want to avoid situations where people are swapping every day, but every week, that's something they want to accommodate."

    Again, WHY?! Why is it a problem if people swap conduits every day? You cannot dictate this to be a "meaningful choice" just because you want it to be. Most people pick the strongest spec and the strongest conduits for that spec anyway. That's already not meaningful for us. My transmog is a more meaningful choice to me than my conduits. The only thing these restrictions achieve is stopping people from having fun with off specs.
    Well, it's him (and his team) who's making the game, so he's absolutely entitled to having an opinion and to have it reflected on the actual, playable game. It doesn't mean that he isn't full of !@#$ though, at least in this case.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I don't think conduit achieve any of the above. A lot of people who are sayin they like the conduit restrictions are not really impacted by it since they wouldn't change there conduits anyway. So it's not really making the choice any more interesting. It only impacts players who actually runs out of conduit energy.

    We really need to look at these systems case-by-case. In some cases restrictions are good, but in other cases they are pointless like with the conduit energy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't think that. The point is that it wouldn't cause any problems to allow it. Restrictions should only be made if they are necessary.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's an unnecessary to choice to have to make in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's because it's meaningful to you. But it depends on the person.

    Is transmog meaningful? Well that depends who you ask.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Blizzard can do whatever they want with their game.

    But they cannot dictate what is meaningful to people. Is mount farming meaningful? Well that depends who you ask.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Pretty much yes.
    You have no basis for your assumption other than your own feelings. I found choosing one for most of my alts was a rather tough decision since in testing I only paied attention to the Paladin stuffs, I went into other classes blind and found myself really wanting 2-3 of them. So for me I find the choice meaningful.

    As a raider, I would constantly swap talents in trash and bosses to meet needs so I certainly would have swapped out conduits. But again, that really removes any meaningful decisiinnsince you are just checking the encounter and swapping to counter it. That, by definition, is not a choice, it's an obligation.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    bcs when some people say they want developers to listen to feedback what they mean is they want developers to listen to THEIR feedback, and ignore everyone else, even though the feedback they provide is quite often "game is shit make it better"
    No its been a wide known fact that the FF14 does more with JP players than NA players. The funnier meme is that JP players claim that the devs cater to NA, and vice versa.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I agree that conduit energy is too restrictive, but I stand by the main principle that endless customization is not what I expect or want from an MMORPG. If you don't have to make a sacrifice in order to gain something (ie you can always pick the best choice and never have to "settle"), there shouldn't be a choice in the first place. In that case they could've just given us perks that unlock like the Artifact weapons did instead.
    Having all option enabled is not the same as using them all the same time. Dont go through slippery slope.

    You can have 100 abilities unlocked and 5 slots only for those abilities. You can swap them anytime you are in rest area. Same as talents. You still need to pick.

    Also, dont be silly, there is not even an ounce of meaningfull choice. You either pick right or wrong. You cant win against math.

  18. #138
    OP being focused on the subjectivity of meaningful forgets that the choice has been made meaningful by their creators.
    He might not like it, he might think it's stupid, but it's a choice you have to make in order to play the game, and one you have to think about if you want to optimize your way of playing the game. That's where meaningful comes.
    You may not like the restriction, but it's there. It's like complaining that you can't pull the padge in a public park, and to defend your point you go "but WHAT IS PUBLIC DECENCY, really?"
    That is an issue in the gaming community - most people claim that X game is shit because it doesn't cater to every single one of their whims. And when the developers explain the reasoning behind a decision the armchair dev goes "that's trash, you're trash devs"... So, in the end, it's just the entitlement and the misdirected anger that makes OP think he can just barge in and question subjectivity when, in reality, that shouldn't even be questioned, as those are the set of rules of the game came with.

  19. #139
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,789
    An essential part of game design is deciding what will and won't be meaningful for players. Complaining about this doesn't change that and is pointless. It is, always has been, and always will be their call, no matter the game or publisher.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Also, dont be silly, there is not even an ounce of meaningfull choice. You either pick right or wrong. You cant win against math.
    There's more at play than just math here. For at least some classes, it's not as simple as right or wrong, different Covenants are good at different things. You can't just pick "the best" Covenant in that case, you have to decide what you want to be good at.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •