Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The -2% participation hasn't been a thing since Vanilla Naxx.

That said you'd still have a point that raid participation as a whole is a lot less than say, casual content in no small part to the reputation & reality of difficulty.

But without anything to work up to, wouldn't people stop playing entirely outside pvp and m+?

Not saying I'm against the idea, but there would have to be something else to replace it, right? It's not like islands or warfronts did well enough numbers-wise to replace raiding...

... right?
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-04-28 at 07:19 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why not have both? If you run the super elite random pet dungeon you can have awesome loot?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But he said 2% did raiding.

Not 2% did mythic raiding.
    ok my bad. But I highly doubt that number. On wowprogress are about 40k listed guilds. with say at average 15 members you have 600k players. not counted in those who dont raid in a guildgrp but let that point negate itself with guild with only few nhc kills which I wouldnt consider serious raiding.

According to that 2% only raid, wow would have about 30 million players which is obvisouly a wishful thinking. Based on numbers and how "dead" wow feels currently when standing in towns and/or recruiting people, I would guess wow has about 1-1.5 million players at most, which makes a raiding part of 30-60% of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So we should defeat the Jailer in a pet battle?
    Please no, half my raid roster would actually be on board with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghadun View Post
    Blizzard need to devote resources away from raiding and onto other parts of the game that enjoy a much better participation rate. Putting so many resources into raiding when less than 2% of wow players actually ever participate in a raid is beyond a joke. Mythic+ and pvp are just side games that noone really cares about either. Surely shareholders would not be happy knowing this.

The fact is, more people enjoy doing pet battles than raiding, so lets make pet battles THE end game. Winning a pet battle should reward a BIS item.
    And statistically 78% of guilds have killed at least 1 boss on heroic lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

how the hell is this obvious troll post still open?!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird1205 View Post
    ok my bad. But I highly doubt that number. On wowprogress are about 40k listed guilds. with say at average 15 members you have 600k players. not counted in those who dont raid in a guildgrp but let that point negate itself with guild with only few nhc kills which I wouldnt consider serious raiding.

According to that 2% only raid, wow would have about 30 million players which is obvisouly a wishful thinking. Based on numbers and how "dead" wow feels currently when standing in towns and/or recruiting people, I would guess wow has about 1-1.5 million players at most, which makes a raiding part of 30-60% of the playerbase.
    Given we don’t know how many people play WoW in total any number OP threw out is at best a guess

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird1205 View Post
    I would guess wow has about 1-1.5 million players at most
    i really doubt wow is under 3mil...

Ok what we all really want is blizzard to scrap raiding and put all development into world of warcraft snap. Finally get that Selfie cam some good use to snap all the NPCs in the game in their natural habitat... what can possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Please no, half my raid roster would actually be on board with this!
    I'd be on board with that.
    Imagine you could get one mythic item from pet Battle a week. Ppl would go all crazy Pokémon again.

I think mythic raid is not accessible enough.
    For many there's no more content after hc raid. Either your setup is bad, your rooster is too small or your life won't allow a fixed raid schedule 3 times a week.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-04-28 at 08:44 PM.

Blizzard need to devote resources away from raiding and onto other parts of the game that enjoy a much better participation rate. Putting so many resources into raiding when less than 2% of wow players actually ever participate in a raid is beyond a joke. Mythic+ and pvp are just side games that noone really cares about either. Surely shareholders would not be happy knowing this.

The fact is, more people enjoy doing pet battles than raiding, so lets make pet battles THE end game. Winning a pet battle should reward a BIS item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Wile I think it's dated and boring, Im fairly certain it's one of a select few aspects that keeps the game running.
    It's my favorite part of the game.

Getting 15-20 people together to hammer out a few bosses is always a good time. But it's neither the raids nor the bosses that keep me there, but the socialization with guildmates.
    Putin khuliyo

Blizzard need to devote resources away from raiding and onto other parts of the game that enjoy a much better participation rate. Putting so many resources into raiding when less than 2% of wow players actually ever participate in a raid is beyond a joke.
    Good job using the % of Cutting Edge guilds to try to prove your point, even though the point was a meme in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    I'd be on board with that.
    Imagine you could get one mythic item from pet Battle a week. Ppl would go all crazy Pokémon again.

I think mythic raid is not accessible enough.
    For many there's no more content after hc raid. Either your setup is bad, your rooster is too small or your life won't allow a fixed raid schedule 3 times a week.
    Funnily enough I personally wouldn't care much if the monthly pet battle quest awarded say, a heroic ilvl piece. Right now Timewalking monthly awards a normal raid piece and the 4 mythics awards a heroic piece.
    I would agree Mythic is rather hard to reach, however I'm one of those players that clears Heroic fairly early and only plays because there's a higher bench mark to strive for.
    If Mythic ended and all we had was 10-30m Heroic, I'd quit after every AotC and treat WoW like a Diablo3 season. I only raid 6hrs a week which is exactly my pace these days, if I get CE or not isn't a huge bother for me.

I give this 0.5/10, a mild exhalation in form of a chuckle escaped my lips.

5+ Year Old Account
    Algalon is that you? Nah, can’t be. Wait, a bis item for yourself or your pet ? I think more people than 2% do raid and m+. Those calculations though. On a serious note, I do enjoy battle pets too. I have already gathered a nice collection already.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-04-28 at 09:13 PM.

I heard they keep raiding because of China.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's my favorite part of the game.

Getting 15-20 people together to hammer out a few bosses is always a good time. But it's neither the raids nor the bosses that keep me there, but the socialization with guildmates.
    Yeah I used to feel the same way, but it grew stale many moons ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The -2% participation hasn't been a thing since Vanilla Naxx.
    Yeah, thank god for LFR and Normal and Heroic and Mythic raid, amirite? Right bro? Thank god LFR is here to save the casual playerbase lul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broooo OP dipped out from his/her own thread quicker than these machine gun insults he is receiving.