Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Personally I just cannot be assed to care anymore, people complain and defend Blizzard and feel that Bli$$ard get hate because its cool to hate Bli$$ard but truth its it's because of stunts like this that make's you wonder why that is.
    game is free and sub is included in single sub with retail and vanila classic, but god forbid the company tried to make some money out of their work...

    this is absolutely VOLUNTARY, they could make the game itself cost 20bucks and they would most likely make more money that way, but noo this is bad bcs they expect their work to earn money instead of costing them...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    If i wanted ingame shop i would play retail, i want the classic experience and adding mounts breaks that, it devaules the mounts ingame
    does it? only flying mounts realy have prestige in BC so this ground one will barely be used anyway...

  2. #62
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    game is free and sub is included in single sub with retail and vanila classic, but god forbid the company tried to make some money out of their work...

    this is absolutely VOLUNTARY, they could make the game itself cost 20bucks and they would most likely make more money that way, but noo this is bad bcs they expect their work to earn money instead of costing them...
    You are right Blizzard is a company, its their game and they can do whatever they want. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't question or disagree with those decisions. WoW is a service catered to the customer not to themselves.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-29 at 07:50 AM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    this is absolutely VOLUNTARY, they could make the game itself cost 20bucks and they would most likely make more money that way, but noo this is bad bcs they expect their work to earn money instead of costing them...
    If it's like a one time purchase without a sub, they wouldn't make more money without question.

    They however already shat the bed with having a box price because they released Classic without any box price (it still turned out to be massive success for Blizzards bottomline btw.) and even Blizzard will have a hard time justifying why TBC now suddenly needs one when a larger project two years ago didn't need one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    does it? only flying mounts realy have prestige in BC so this ground one will barely be used anyway...
    I would argue that the Amani War Bear still had prestige in TBC despite being a ground mount.

  4. #64
    Doesn't add any value to the game for me, but does not take anything away. I just wanted to play TBC ever since they said they will do classic vanilla and while I can understand why others are mad - but if it is a motivation for blizzard to make classic expansions - go for it! #ClassicLegion

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    It does it means slackers get their epic mount for free and your own accomplishments will be diminished and the advantages of having epic mounts gets reduced.
    its been a while since vanila/bc but didnt they change it during vanila that riding was costly and mount itself cheap? so they get something that costs literaly few golds and still have to spend lots on riding...

    warlocks were taught epic mount from trainer at lvl 62 for really cheap, didnt that diminish other classes accomplishment?

    and last point, its ground mount...in tbc... who will actualy use that? everyone will use gryphon/wyvern...

  6. #66
    Bloodsail Admiral Xykotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,079
    Because store mounts is not good gameplay. It takes what could have been great content, and turns it into a paycheck for Activision.

    There should be no way to buy ingame cosmetics as long as there is a sub fee. Or, they can opt to remove the sub fee, and do the shop.

    Collecting mounts, gear and other stuff to stand out as a player is winning the game. Thus, this is pay to win.

    And I hate to do it, I really do. But I will not associate with people who pay for this mount. But since Blizzard isn't willing to keep it in their pants, the players must do their part to discourage buying mounts and real life money boosts, and yes, that includes gold buyers btw. If I knew someone in my guild bought gold, id see them kicked, or the guild is unwilling to do so, I will find a new guild and try again in hopes of finding a guild that shares my goals for the game.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    I promise you, mark my words, one day GRAPHIC SETTINGS in pc games will be DLC or added feature you have to pay for.
    Already the case for some games that added VR or RTX support.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You are right Blizzard is a company, its their game and they can do whatever they want. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't question or disagree with those decisions. WoW is a service catered to the customer not to themselves.
    sure, but the whole existence of the service is for one and only reason, as it is with every businnes - TO MAKE MONEY
    they have chosen path that will lead to more players but less money from the game itself, and now that they try to get some money of it via something that is COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY and will not affect other players at all, its bad?
    i mean making money is the only reason classic TBC will actualy happen, if there was no way of making money from it they wouldnt do it, why should they? you expect to be paid for your work at your job, why shouldnt they ffs?

    and yes, people can disagree or question it, they are free to do it, but ffs dont treat it like the end of the world, its not even inconveninece, it will have no impact on people who dont want it at all...

    "WoW is a service catered to the customer not to themselves." - basicaly, yes, like ordering a food at restaurant, will you get into psychotic state at restaurant if someone at other table orders something you dont like? it have no impact on you at all, the other guy is happy, so what is the problem with someone else having something you dont want?!

  9. #69
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sure, but the whole existence of the service is for one and only reason, as it is with every businnes - TO MAKE MONEY
    they have chosen path that will lead to more players but less money from the game itself, and now that they try to get some money of it via something that is COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY and will not affect other players at all, its bad?
    i mean making money is the only reason classic TBC will actualy happen, if there was no way of making money from it they wouldnt do it, why should they? you expect to be paid for your work at your job, why shouldnt they ffs?

    and yes, people can disagree or question it, they are free to do it, but ffs dont treat it like the end of the world, its not even inconveninece, it will have no impact on people who dont want it at all...

    "WoW is a service catered to the customer not to themselves." - basicaly, yes, like ordering a food at restaurant, will you get into psychotic state at restaurant if someone at other table orders something you dont like? it have no impact on you at all, the other guy is happy, so what is the problem with someone else having something you dont want?!
    Here's what I would have been okay with, if the collectors edition featured a mount from the TCG items like one that was around when TBC was released, like have a bundle featuring, the Spectral Tiger, The Picnic Basket, and I am actually okay with the Path of Illidan item, because it existed in TBC (at least It think it was TBC when it came out?)

    I am not okay with the shop because it didn't exist when the game was out. It's got nothing to do with the shop itself, the shop exists in retail and thats fine, whatever but if it wasnt in TBC it shouldn't be in TBC classic.

    Personally I have no stake in this because I m not buying TBC classic, I lived and completed that expansion when it was out (minus half the bosses in Sunwell). TBC was the best times I ever had playing WoW and I will never get those times back. I did all there was to do (almost), I prefer to remember it that way and am happy to have had done at all.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-29 at 08:15 AM.

  10. #70
    Pit Lord Nutri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    This thread
    Posts
    2,392
    The large amount of collectors edition mounts you'll see running around once this is released will tell you something: people don't care about this topic and the complaining minority is just that; the complaining minority.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Because store mounts is not good gameplay. It takes what could have been great content, and turns it into a paycheck for Activision.
    nope, stop you right there

    store mounts wouldnt be great content if they wasnt on store, they would simply not exist, thats it, they are created with the very intention to sell them, so without possibility to sell them they wouldnt bother

    you could be right, if we got only horses and wolfs ingame and everything else is on store, but ffs there are hundreds different mounts ingame (quite a few of them prettier than store mounts imo), so they wouldnt bother to make MORE without anything in return...

    and even if they did, they would at best put them on gold vendor, the content to put the mounts behind wouldnt just appear magicaly...
    and we actualy know this, bcs there are always models for mounts datamined that are never used, hell some model from TBC was not used till legion...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am not okay with the shop because it didn't exist when the game was out. It's got nothing to do with the shop itself, the shop exists in retail and thats fine, whatever but if it wasnt in TBC it shouldn't be in TBC classic.
    are you against classic wowhead?
    bcs during vanilla, or at least for most of it, wowhead didnt exist...
    i would understand the issue if it had any impact on other players, but fact is it does not...
    so if you have problem with other people getting something that doesnt impact you but makes them happy just bcs you dont want it, no offense but you are c**t

  12. #72
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post


    are you against classic wowhead?
    bcs during vanilla, or at least for most of it, wowhead didnt exist...
    i would understand the issue if it had any impact on other players, but fact is it does not...
    so if you have problem with other people getting something that doesnt impact you but makes them happy just bcs you dont want it, no offense but you are c**t
    Classic WoWhead isn't apart of the game is it... smh

    Also people can buy whatever they want, I am not blaming them. As I said, I am not buying TBC Classic, I lived it and completed it got some of the best memories to take away with me, reliving it in whatever form isn't going to change that, but I understand peoples complaints against this. And tend to lean more their way.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-29 at 08:33 AM.

  13. #73
    I don't care at all. Get over it 13$ a month is nothing and if they add a store mount so what.
    As long as you don't benefit in player power ingame its ok with me.

    WoW is still a yery very cheap hobby compared to others.

    And if you don't like the bonus pay for the CEO, don't buy the game or get smart and become a CEO by yourself.

  14. #74
    Considering they are giving access to 2 games with their own development costs without an increase in sub cost... I expect them to earn money for their work.
    People using slippery slope fallacies for the RM shop has been a thing since forever, it has yet to become true.

    So it's basically the same as always. Being outraged is somehow attractive and for whatever reason people think games are too expensive even though it's one of the best cost effective forms of entertainment that exists. It's some form of entitlement and there's lots of "reasons" they provide that is mostly a misguided justification for themselves.

    just my 2cents.

  15. #75
    currency overlaps is what it comes down to. if you allow players to buy vanity items in an MMORPG using real life currencies, then the game stops being an MMORPG.

    the very essence of an MMORPG is that it's a completely separate ecosystem/economy. that is what draws people in. it doesn't matter what your real life looks like: in an MMORPG everyone starts on the same foot and everyone has the same possibilities to do well - but not anymore. that is why people are on the fence about store mounts.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    game is free and sub is included in single sub with retail and vanila classic, but god forbid the company tried to make some money out of their work...

    this is absolutely VOLUNTARY, they could make the game itself cost 20bucks and they would most likely make more money that way, but noo this is bad bcs they expect their work to earn money instead of costing them...

    - - - Updated - - -



    does it? only flying mounts realy have prestige in BC so this ground one will barely be used anyway...
    You do realize that the subs revenue from people who play classic only are enough to support development of both classic and retail and still make a super nice profit right? With 500k players (and classic probably has a lot more than that) it brings in 6.5m per month. Or are you implying that keeping the servers up and having a team to tune the content and fix a few bugs cost anywhere near that?

    I'd be surprised if the classic team as a whole costs more than 200-300k per month so yeah ... 5-6 million profits sounds a bit more than "make some money"
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-04-29 at 09:11 AM.

  17. #77
    Immortal Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    getting your mount and skill is a huge thing in the Game ...
    It does it means slackers get their epic mount for free and your own accomplishments will be diminished and the advantages of having epic mounts gets reduced.
    Are we talking about BC here? I can't remember getting any mount or mount skill being anything but trivial in BC, sorry.

    This part is subjective but I don't think anyone should care much about accomplishments in the re-release of a 15 years old game, it's just stupid.

  18. #78
    If you are seriously asking how a 100% mount that otherwise costs 1000g, is detrimental to the game you need to be quiet and learn about why Classic wow is not Retail wow.

    I will not be playing TBC due to the level boost and the 100% mount.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    That's some defeatist attitude.

    People want this shit away from the game. Let them tell Blizz to fuck off
    Hey, it's Blizzard's game. They make the rules. If you don't like them, don't play the game, and don't give them money. Easy.

    I'm not defending Blizzard here, or saying bad things, either. It's just reality. We at MMO-C are not the CEOs or game designers. We don't make the rules.

    We either play (and pay), or we don't. That's the choice we get.

    So, people in this thread complaining about store mounts need to just put up their wallets, and their entitlement, and realize that they don't make the rules, either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    If you are seriously asking how a 100% mount that otherwise costs 1000g, is detrimental to the game you need to be quiet and learn about why Classic wow is not Retail wow.

    I will not be playing TBC due to the level boost and the 100% mount.
    I have no problem with your stance. You're making your choice, and standing by it, as you have every right to.

    The people that annoy me are the people who think they are the CEOs, and that they should be entitled to X because of Y, and think they should be the CEO or Game Designer and make the rules, too.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why are people losing their minds over a collector's edition mount?
    With people you mean Asmongold and his viewers?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •