Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    As a consumer we're being bled dry by blizzards greedy business model.
    ROFL, all these people who don't understand capitalism and/or pretend they wouldn't charge for everything they could charge for.

Cancel the sub if it's not worth it.
    Everything else is literally 100% optional, if you are "bled dry" by useless vanity items or constant character transfers then the problem lies with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    If they introduce the store for Classic i will simply quit.
    Stupidest reason to quit. Store does not affect your gameplay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think this is extremely poor logic under the light of the fact that Blizzard handed out Classic without any box price attached to it less than two years ago and Classic was unquestionably the bigger effort of the two because they had develop the tech to make in the first place, which they are now using to develop TBC.

Putting aside that there are quite a few people that exclusively play Classic and are still paying full price of the monthly sub, which i see as a rather poor deal as Blizzard offers no alternatives.
    Such a poor deal i have been paying for for over 15 years^^

It offers more than enough for me. And i am actually happy for the boost. Don't care about bots. Don't see many of those tbh.

Blizz is REALLY tame with MTX in contrast to other games. Hell even Singleplayer games have more now. Look at Assasins Creed.

As other games have shown they could make even more money without loosing many players if they implemented more MTX like FF14 and every freaking other game does. But they don't. So deal with it or show your distain with your wallet and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i wanted ingame shop i would play retail, i want the classic experience and adding mounts breaks that, it devaules the mounts ingame, the classic expansion gives payoff to those who invest time into it, it makes people go "wow! He/she got the mount!!!" Now with store mounts it just makes it a mess...

#somechanges yes, but store mounts isnt some changes, its big changes

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    it's just TRH over again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA

Worse than any store mounts, is the wowtoken. And now they're putting mounts in classic, how long till the token also shows up? a year? 2? wotlk?

Blizzard has been gearing up to monetizing the game hardcore since the start.
    Box price
    Monthly sub
    payed transfer servers
    payed race changes
    store mounts
    store pets
    store transmog
    wow token

As a consumer we're being bled dry by blizzards greedy business model.
    you can ignore everything on that list. Blizz is a bussiness after all if they know they can make money off TBC classic why wouldnt they ?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Such a poor deal i have been paying for for over 15 years^^
    You are comparing apples and oranges.

The sub price on Retail is justified because they also develop new content, Classic (and by extension TBC) does not receive newly developed content, once they get it running, they'll just hit a button whenever they feel like they should release the next content phase.

Hence, the full sub price for solely playing Classic / TBC (an option that did not exist for 15 years btw.) is a poor deal for the customer.
    Don't care about bots. Don't see many of those tbh.
    Yeah, that sums up your mindset quite well - "because i don't see them, means they don't exist".
    But hey, type in /who rogue Blackrock depths or /who mage Stratholme on some decently populated classic servers, you might now suddenly see some bots.

Putting aside that the money they generate, which will inevitably enter the economy, will affect you.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-04-29 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I think it's more the fact that it's a "Collector's Edition" without anything physical to collect. For a game that was released 13 years ago. It's just a glorified store mount for Classic. People hate store mounts because they're usually far better looking/more unique than anything available in-game and the only way to get them is to shell out $25 to a company that we already pay monthly fees just to play the game.

There's never been a Stalker mount like it available in WoW but now we have to buy it? That's a big ol' "Shove it, mate." from me.
    The same people are usually fine with TCG and Blizzcon stuff, though.

Magic rooster > Blizzcon stuff > Spectral tigers > Everything.

Let people buy it. You might come to realise that riding that mount makes you target practice

The sub price on Retail is justified because they also develop new content, Classic (and by extension TBC) does not receive newly developed content, once they get it running, they'll just hit a button whenever they feel like they should release the next content phase.

Hence, the full sub price for solely playing Classic / TBC (an option that did not exist for 15 years btw.) is a poor deal for the customer.

Yeah, that sums up your mindset quite well - "because i don't see them, means they don't exist".
    But hey, type in /who rogue Blackrock depths or /who mage Stratholme on some decently populated classic servers, you might now suddenly see some bots.

Putting aside that the money they generate, which will inevitably enter the economy, will affect you.
    You're comparing apples to air, though. You are paying for retail, which they develop new content for, and you get Classic for free. No one gives a flying fuck whether you actually play Retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Let people buy it. You might come to realise that riding that mount makes you target practice
    I will feast on their salty, salty tears.

But hey, type in /who rogue Blackrock depths or /who mage Stratholme, you might now suddenly see some bots.

Didn't say they don't exist. I said idgaf.
    I am mostly selfsufficent. ALways have been. I don't plan to craft gear, because frankly it is not needed. Done the raids and dungeons for a few years and even know most of the strats still. I even think consumables are not really needed.

You are acting like the sky is falling. (valid opinion) I think it is not as big of a deal. (also valid opinion) That is it.
    Like i said: Why are you playing at all if you think the game is so fucked up with bots and the way blizz is handling mtx is so bad? They don't care about you if you complain but continue to play anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krouger View Post
    you can ignore everything on that list. Blizz is a bussiness after all if they know they can make money off TBC classic why wouldnt they ?
    its not the option of choosing to buy or not that people have a problem with, its the matter that it exists at all in a expansion that never had it to begin with. And sure you can say 'duh but well TCG mounts and card prizes were added to the game in TBC' and yes they were, and people wouldn't have a problem with that if they were added again because they were in the game when the game was released. All the stuff they are adding to the game now were not in the base game when TBC came out in 2007 or even by its end.

And hell I personally really like those mounts though, and I bet the designers worked really hard on them, I personally always wanted a Phase Stalker mount, but if it wasnt in TBC then it shouldn't be in classic either. If you wanna put it in the shop in retail that's fine, the shop he present, throw whatever you want there. But it wasnt in TBC and shouldn't be in TBC Classic either. This isn't an argument of the existence of a cash shop, because that already exists in retail and we gotta deal with it. But brining it to a game that wants to preserve the feel of the TBC classic experience doesn't sit well with some people.

And yes Blizzard are a business and they can add what ever they like to the game, they could stick in Micky Mouse for all I care but don't be shocked why people would question that.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-29 at 07:39 AM.

A lot of salty people here that don't know how businesses work.

3+ Year Old Account
    Some divas are panicking fast. It's not a big deal, if you don't want it, don't pay for it. As simple as that, it doesn't break any gameplay.

If you do not understand why adding NEW model to a game that should be classic isn't a problem then you are blizzdr*ne and no one can help you
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Collector's edition in-game items have been a thing since WoW began. Every expac has launched with special CE stuff. Why do people have a problem with it all of a sudden? Half the Wowhead comments are screaming bloody murder over it.
    It is totally different since CEs are huge IRL boxes with many goodies inside like art books.
    Personally i've got WotLK and CATA CEs and i LOVE IT. I did not care about dogshit non-combat pet.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's a vanity mount that doesn't affect gameplay at all. Why the salt?
    - another way to cashgrab by Blizzard
    - it was not during original TBC
    - diminishes uniqueness of different mounts (we had only a few non-horse/non-gryphon and lucky/hard to get mounts back then)
    - people buying these will be much likely avoided and separated by other players

... and most impotrantly - it is probably only the beginning of dogshit microtransactions in Classic...

It is kind of tone-deaf that they are adding this to the version of the game that is literally in existence because people who hate everything about the new game want to still play WoW.

Of course on its own it's nothing to be angry about, but some people now attach their identities to cry about things like that, so they have to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "Its just a mount that dosnt affect any gameplay" is just what ppl said years before the boost was added to retail, and if u cant see the similarities, you are blind.
    And retail still has only cosmetics and boosts in the shop, 10+ years later
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

People just bitch because they like bitching...
    I am not happy we have storemounts (which this basically is) but we get BC for free with our sub. Soooo... let htem make some money. I rather have these few mounts once or twice a year than whatever all the other MMOs like FF14 and Black desert have like the shitshow that is Mogry Station the FF14 Crowd gobbles up.
    The first CE did not contain mounts...... why?

Becouse getting your mount and skill is a huge thing in the Game it is one the most fun moments ingame ever. But if you just buy it it removes any good feelings you can get from it, and when you see other people with the mount it just seems boring due to they never took part of the game to get where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    ROFL, all these people who don't understand capitalism and/or pretend they wouldn't charge for everything they could charge for.

Cancel the sub if it's not worth it.
    Everything else is literally 100% optional, if you are "bled dry" by useless vanity items or constant character transfers then the problem lies with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Stupidest reason to quit. Store does not affect your gameplay at all.
    It does it means slackers get their epic mount for free and your own accomplishments will be diminished and the advantages of having epic mounts gets reduced.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2021-04-29 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    You're comparing apples to air, though. You are paying for retail, which they develop new content for, and you get Classic for free. No one gives a flying fuck whether you actually play Retail.
    No and the remark of "comparing apples to air" doesn't even make sense.

Blizzard is most certainly aware of the fact that there are a lot of people that exclusively play Classic but doesn't offer any alternative payment for that audience because they make more money that way.
    They gone on record to say there is little overlap between Classic and Retail players, meaning that to most people that play Classic, it's not some side gig, it's their version of WoW they prefer to play.
    I am mostly selfsufficent. ALways have been. I don't plan to craft gear, because frankly it is not needed. Done the raids and dungeons for a few years and even know most of the strats still. I even think consumables are not really needed.
    Considering a lot of bots are going to move into the open world in TBC, you'll be competing with those in the open world.

The explanation "I'm just raidlogging without any craftables, consumables and also refrain from engaging with the economy at all" seems a poor stance to turn a blind eye towards botting.
    You are acting like the sky is falling.
    Where did i say that it's going to ruin TBC?

Here's one of the reasons why it's extremely tiresome to argue with people that defend almost anything Blizzard does, because they often equate legitimate criticism to doomsaying.
    Like i said: Why are you playing at all if you think the game is so fucked up with bots and the way blizz is handling mtx is so bad?
    Because there are still parts of the game that i enjoy, the botting situation and existence of MTX however diminish that experience.

They don't ruin it but diminish and i as customer obviously argue for the best possible experience i can get - especially when it involves people that break the ToS that i've agreed to honor go unpunished because Blizzard can't be arsed to enforce their own ToS (talking about goldbuyers here).

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is totally different since CEs are huge IRL boxes with many goodies inside like art books.
    Personally i've got WotLK and CATA CEs and i LOVE IT. I did not care about dogshit non-combat pet.

- another way to cashgrab by Blizzard
    - it was not during original TBC
    - diminishes uniqueness of different mounts (we had only a few non-horse/non-gryphon and lucky/hard to get mounts back then)
    - people buying these will be much likely avoided and separated by other players

... and most impotrantly - it is probably only the beginning of dogshit microtransactions in Classic...
    I'm going to have to buy this mount now if the dogshit players are going to avoid me. $25 dollars to avoid grouping with absolute morons is a steal.

Edit- let blizzard go all out, let me pay $x per season to not be queued and not allow people below a certain io to queue for my groups. Sick

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The first CE did not contain mounts...... why?

Becouse getting your mount and skill is a huge thing in the Game it is one the most fun moments ingame ever. But if you just buy it it removes any good feelings you can get from it, and when you see other people with the mount it just seems boring due to they never took part of the game to get where they are.

It does it means slackers get their epic mount for free and your own accomplishments will be diminished and the advantages of having epic mounts gets reduced.
    It wasn't in BC and won't be in classic BC. Maybe if you get flying i would understand you. But freaking entry riding? It maybe was "exiting" in vanilla and classic but why would i get exited about entry level riding in irrelvant content?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Personally I just cannot be assed to care anymore, people complain and defend Blizzard and feel that Bli$$ard get hate because its cool to hate Bli$$ard but truth its it's because of stunts like this that make's you wonder why that is.
    game is free and sub is included in single sub with retail and vanila classic, but god forbid the company tried to make some money out of their work...

this is absolutely VOLUNTARY, they could make the game itself cost 20bucks and they would most likely make more money that way, but noo this is bad bcs they expect their work to earn money instead of costing them...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    If i wanted ingame shop i would play retail, i want the classic experience and adding mounts breaks that, it devaules the mounts ingame
    does it? only flying mounts realy have prestige in BC so this ground one will barely be used anyway...