Poll: Is Anduin evil now?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So is Anduin evil now or a bad guy...

So is Anduin evil now or a bad guy and if so who’s next as leader of the Alliance or humans?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So is Anduin evil now or a bad guy and if so who’s next as leader of the Alliance or humans?
    Turalyon is, at least nominally. As for Andy, I'd be very surprised if he isn't back to his !@#$ty Mary Sue (or Gary Stu if you prefer) status by the end of SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No. He's essentially the Jailer's Avatar atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Turalyon is, at least nominally. As for Andy, I'd be very surprised if he isn't back to his !@#$ty Mary Sue (or Gary Stu if you prefer) status by the end of SL.
    Dude's far from a Gary Stu...

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, Anduin is a tool, a puppet. The story is not enough to make any further statements as we can see that he is fighting the Jailer in the cinematic.

And Turalyon is currently the functioning Steward of the Alliance and the Humans. If Anduin is assigned dead or turned evil, I am betting Turalyon is not letting go of that seat until someone worthy takes it from him.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Turalyon is already Regent Lord of the Alliance, Alleria rules at his side as the Chief Advisor to the High King Regent.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to derail the thread, but tell me with a straight face that this doesn't fit (pre-SL) Anduin like a glove.

- - - Updated - - -

He definitely is a Mary Sue, not all Sue's are the same perfect beings that the term is based off of. But as was shown he lines up with the trope of overly pure, all his weaknesses are actually strengths, detrimentally noble, etc... It's one of the reasons his character is so annoyingly thin and transparent.

I dunno about that, i mean he is kinda goody-two-shoes and light-favoured, so i wouldn't be surprised if the light bails him out by the end of Shadowlands, though i wouldn't really oppose killing him either.

But presently i expect the light to go like "Death, we had a deal, we gave you anduin plus some light powers and you would do something for us, but you fucked it up so we're taking him back!". And then they all buttfuck eachother to death and we are left to pick up the pieces as the other powers run roll across the floor laughing at their incompetent cooperation.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we are going to free him sooner or later just like we freed Primus. Maybe Anduin’s power will break the chains of domination itself at some point. I wonder if this will have something to do with Light and the Dreadlords. Hm
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-04-29 at 05:11 PM.

I don't want to derail the thread, but tell me with a straight face that this doesn't fit (pre-SL) Anduin like a glove.
    Seems fairly easy once you get past the purity and into what makes it a Sue. Anduin is perfectly aware that the world isn't as great as he'd like it to be, has perfectly real flaws that have negatively affected him before and plenty of people in-universe don't regard him overly positively for no reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    perfectly real flaws that have negatively affected him before
    Which ones, and how have they affected him?

plenty of people in-universe don't regard him overly positively for no reason.
    Anyone other than maybe Tyrande?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    His nativity when it comes to people changing and war lead to him being crushed under the divine bell which was a short term negative effect. Then again with sylvanas which lead into him seemingly developing ptsd of a sort.

But that’s about it.

Anyone other than maybe Tyrande?
    You forgot the "for no reason" part. It's fine for somebody to be seen positively by nearly everybody as long as there is an actual reason for it. It doesn't become a Sue unless everybody inexplicably likes them.

He is treating everybody nice and kind when he has the opportunity to. It's not very surprising most see him positively.

Besides, his naivete and desire for peaceful solutions have led him to, among other things, get crushed by a bell and walk right into a plague bomb trap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    His nativity when it comes to people changing and war lead to him being crushed under the divine bell which was a short term negative effect. Then again with sylvanas which lead into him seemingly developing ptsd of a sort.

But that’s about it.
    Being crippled for a few months is hardly short-term.

5+ Year Old Account
    get crushed by a bell
    Not only he wasn't even permanently crippled by the bell, but he also got divine powers out of it. Holy bones, anyone?

walk right into a plague bomb trap.
    He was saved by the biggest combination of Deus ex Machina this game has ever seen, and with what consequences? None for him, that's for sure.

Thus I fail to see where are the actual consequences for his so-called "flaws".

What's the difference between evil and bad?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Being crippled for a few months is hardly short-term.
    In the grand scheme of the story it is as it didn’t even last a full expan.

Not only he wasn't even permanently crippled by the bell, but he also got divine powers out of it. Holy bones, anyone?

He was saved by the biggest combination of Deus ex Machina this game has ever seen, and with what consequences? None for him, that's for sure.

Thus I fail to see where are the actual consequences for his so-called "flaws".
    A Deus ex Machina? Hardly. Jaina has long been established as a powerfull mage with a mastery of mass teleportation. If anything, Sylvanas just noping out of there is the ex Machina.

He didn't get shit out of the bell other than broken bones, either. For that matter, his ways are part of what allowed Garrosh to flee to Draenor, as otherwise, he'd have been poisoned.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Short term, yes.

Long term, we probably break him out of this.

My question is is he a Death Knight now and does that mean he's not coming back to the Alliance?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Short term, yes.
    Long term, we probably break him out of this.
    My question is is he a Death Knight now and does that mean he's not coming back to the Alliance?
    Those are good questions also I mean technically anywhere in the afterworld is dead, he sure looks a lot like Arthus
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Neither, he's just being possessed and will eventually be saved most likely.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing