Poll: Is Anduin evil now?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It also broke every bone in his body and kept him from doing much of anything for months afterward. That's a fairly notable setback all on its own, you know.
    Not so much a setback since he comes back on top with a set of bullshit powers totally unrelated to bells or massive falling objects and no real lessons learned about yolo leeroy solo facepulls.

edit: what was his next story arc? ah... run off to the tomb of Sargeras with no real back up. Oh and NOT be the leader of a world power while shit hits the fan.

Ah well ... gotta make Tyrande look good sometime right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it is interesting to see the differnce in agency between arthas and anduin.

i don't think anduin is being kept on a tighter leash than arthas.

arthas was probably just a lot more willing to go along while anduin is probably just doing the absolute minimum he is forced to.
    i'm about 90% sure that arthas is being possessed by arthas currently.

fairly certain that arthas was infused into the armor/sword that anduin is currently wielding the same way ner'zul was infused in the old LK armor.

i had idly thought of this earlier, but in the campaign mission where you're restoring the runecarver to be the primus, there's a scene where anduin comes out and says "you once bound me with domination. now, it is my weapon to wield" and there's a deeper echoing voice layered under anduin's spoken lines, and it has that reverb effect they put on LK's dialogue.

my pet theory:
    the primus created a runeblade/armor set that was capable of housing a spirit, infusing the armor with great power and sentience.
    the intent was probably some maldraxxus equivalent of dragoons from starcraft, a way to house the essence of a fallen warrior so they can continue to fight.
    the nathrezin stole this, and the jailer infused it with his domination mojo so that the armor/sword was a prison and the spirit of it bound to his will.

if arthas was told that the primus created the cage and was convinced that all the LK business was being done by the jailer's enemies, and then he was infused into the armor/blade that was made for anduin, that line of dialogue makes perfect sense.

so yeah i'm going with the armor/blade anduin is carrying is holding the spirit of arthas, and the jailer can also project himself through it whenever he wants to.
    whereas frostmourne and the LK armor was infused with necromantic magic to control the undead, this new suit is clearly infused with domination magic.

that's my fan theory anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Not so much a setback since he comes back on top with a set of bullshit powers totally unrelated to bells or massive falling objects and no real lessons learned about yolo leeroy solo facepulls.
    That he ends up gaining things after the setback doesn't stop it being a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    my pet theory:
    the primus created a runeblade/armor set that was capable of housing a spirit, infusing the armor with great power and sentience.
    That would be kinda odd since that's really not much different from what the House of Constructs does on a daily basis.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So is Anduin evil now or a bad guy and if so who’s next as leader of the Alliance or humans?
    Evil or a bad guy… are they not the same thing?

I'm not sure why the thread is more than 1 reply. He is literally remote controlled. It has been so obvious from multiple cinematics (unless of course they retcon it).

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Sadly this is the most likely outcome. There is no way that an Alliance racial leader (current or former) will ever be killed, least of all a Human one. Not as long as Danuser is in charge - inb4 Varian, who was killed precisely in order to give the spotlight to the Golden Boi.
    This thing will never happen except for that time it happened!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did you miss the part where Anduin has no control whatsoever over what is happening, while Arthas was still controlling his own body?

The Mourneblade is the means, not the method. Arthas still had full control over his body. Anduin has no control whatsoever.

And no, he probably wouldn't act 100% the same, even had he joined voluntarily. Zovaal behaves differently from Anduin.
    ofc the jailer won't let him go anything he doesn't want, but i bet if anduin decided he wanted to go on a killing spree or go torture some souls the jailer would not stop him.

i wouldn't be surprised if down the line anduin was playing dead on purpose, only doing the bare minimum he is forced too and nothing more. either to wait for a opportunity to break free/resist, to make it easier for us to stop him by not letting us see his true emotions, to not give zovaal the satisfaction, or some such do gooder hero reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    This thing will never happen except for that time it happened!
    Yes, it happened because they realised that Varian was too "flawed" and too old for the kind of low effort shonen they wanted to pull off. Now compare it to the virtual assassination of Sylv as a character, and the actual assassination of her two predecessors as Warchief.

A single swallow doesn't make a spring, as the saying goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I imagine that someone who has been plotting their comeback in secret for so long would not leave matters to chance and not control their puppets better.

"No doubt"? Sorry, but there is doubt. Where is your evidence for that? At best, you have something highly circumstantial.
    the evidence is in your own statement: if he could have exerted more control over the lich king in the living world, why didn't he? even the dreadlords didn't have much control. sure, everything upto ICC probably went according to his wishes, but as you say, why leave it up to chance?

or was the defeat of the lich king always part of the plan?

the evidence is in your own statement: if he could have exerted more control over the lich king in the living world, why didn't he? even the dreadlords didn't have much control. sure, everything upto ICC probably went according to his wishes, but as you say, why leave it up to chance?

or was the defeat of the lich king always part of the plan?
    Who's to say it wasn't, considering all the nonsensical deaths in BfA were "part of the plan" and all that.

I can guarantee you one thing, he is undead now. How do you think an undead king is going to be treated when the light is on his throne? The only place for him will be the Under City.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I can guarantee you one thing, he is undead now. How do you think an undead king is going to be treated when the light is on his throne? The only place for him will be the Under City.
    Anduin new Forsaken leader.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Anduin new Forsaken leader.. lol
    It actually makes sense for soft faction merging, the faction divide literally makes no sense with the direction of the story and this would easily allow it to happen.

Who's to say it wasn't, considering all the nonsensical deaths in BfA were "part of the plan" and all that.
    Plan A was to turn the world undead to fight the legion. known that since war3.

any half decent shemer would say "just according to plan" if after several contingency plans and straight up luck that still came to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So is Anduin evil now or a bad guy and if so who’s next as leader of the Alliance or humans?
    He was always evil and a bad guy.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What happened to that Void influence in the Shadows Rising book? He literally went from pure Light to dominated by Death.

Was that foreshadowing for nothing?
    Impossible to say. During the patch for which he was the poster boy, he is yet to have a single line of dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    How was he a wuss? He Anduin on the other hand got his behind whipped every time and made himself and the Alliance a complete joke all the time.
    Not rly.

• Mannoroth wasn't killed by Thrall, but by Grom.
    • Archie wasn't beaten by Thrall, but by nelfs, Thrall only played a secondary part.
    • Thrall didn't triumph over the Alliance. As a matter of fact, he spent all of his tenure as Warchief trying to appease it, and failed miserably, so he threw the hot potato to Garrosh and ran away.
    • Thrall did kill DW, in what probably was one of the most egregious Mary Sue shows in the entire franchise, even if Sue's have never been in short supply.
    • Thrall didn't beat Garrosh in MoP; Varian, Jaina and Vol'jin did. As a matter of fact, his role during MoP was so lacklustre (for a self insert, anyway), that Metzen couldn't help giving his self insert the KB on Garrosh - even if the circumstances leading to the duel made no sense whatsoever, besides sheer author favouritism.
    • Thrall's only appearance in battle during Legion shows him getting his ass handed to him, after which he bestows Doomhammer onto the shaman PC because he is a broken man, and once again he runs away to Outland.
    • In BfA, Thrall triumphed over neither the Alliance nor Sylvanas. He helped the former and would have likely died against the latter, if the dArK lAdY hadn't gone 100% retarded screeching mode during SoO 2.0
    • As of SL, he still hasn't triumphed over anyone so far. Indeed, we have had to drag his useless ass out of the Janitor's playground.

So there goes your "destroyed every major baddie he encountered and hardly ever lost a battle" Thrall. The only times he won was due to sheer author favouritism (muh world shaman). When the focus shifted to other characters, he was invariably useless or was just along for the ride.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-07-23 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Plan A was to turn the world undead to fight the legion. known that since war3.

any half decent shemer would say "just according to plan" if after several contingency plans and straight up luck that still came to be.
    And retcons happen. Remember the Wrathgate event, in which Putress backstabbed Sylvanas and attacked Horde and Alliance alike? Which was then retconned into being Sylvanas' secret plan all along?

And retcons happen. Remember the Wrathgate event, in which Putress backstabbed Sylvanas and attacked Horde and Alliance alike? Which was then retconned into being Sylvanas' secret plan all along?
    when was the lich king plan retconned?

moreover, retconning that would make the story make less sense not more. him recruiting sylvanas as plan B after bolvar becomes an even more difficult to control LK makes sense.

We know the whole Lich King thing didn't work out as intended. That's the entire (lore) reason the Ner'zhul boss fight in the new raid exists, and Zovaal said as much when he talked to The Bolvar in the 9.0 questline.