Poll: Which mount will you choose?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which mount would you rather have? (An experiment)

So I’m making an experiment here and I would like to know your answer.

The scenario is, I come to you and I have two mounts available for you.

One mount is a mount you think looks pretty cool but the catch is EVERYONE ELSE in world of Warcraft also had this mount.

The other mount is less cool than the first, but you are going to be the only person on earth with this mount.

Which will you choose?

there are common mounts that i really like but i'd never use over a less cool looking but rare drop mount, so option nr 2.

Neither of those impact my decision to use a mount. I use a mount that has a personal connection to me. I've used the same mount for 10 years.

If I must choose between these options, it would be the cool looking mount that everyone has.

I'd take the cool mount, I really don't care if everyone else has matching pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Neither of those impact my decision to use a mount. I use a mount that has a personal connection to me. I've used the same mount for 10 years.

If I must choose between these options, it would be the cool looking mount that everyone has.
    It’s just an experiment lol. You start the game with nothing in hand. I give you these options. One mount you think is cooler than the other mount but every single person has it, and the other one only you will ever have it. Which do you choose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Defo answer one - I couldn't care less what everyone else has, aslong as I have it. I like mounts for their looks, not their "rarity".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    Cool mount none has! Woopsie, the is no such answer here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not answerable in the abstract. Even assuming I agree with what you are thinking of as 'cool', we don't know how cool the 2nd mount is. We really need to see specific examples of each.

Going to go with the rare one as long as it's not something dumb, for example if the flying pig was the rare one and any raptor mount was the one everyone used, I'd still not use the pig.
    Though a better choice would be a mount that comes as a reward for my capabilities at playing the game over dumb luck or given for no effort.

Well depends...

I mean it is subjective I have the normal Brewfest Ram THAT mount is rare but not exactly cool as it looks like every other ram mount. It has a nice I was there and I actually grinded it out vibe. I like it but its rarely my goto mount

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post

One mount is a mount you think looks pretty cool but the catch is EVERYONE ELSE in world of Warcraft also had this mount.

The other mount is less cool than the first, but you are going to be the only person on earth with this mount.

Which will you choose?
    problem is. i sometimes like mounts that people do not like. but sometimes not.
    But think the solo mount.

Some of the best looking mounts in game come from the bliz store, a promotional, or free so I say option 1.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I actually wish they'd try another route - rather than add mount #8000, I'd find it a lot more engaging if we had a variety of options kinda like now but more or less 'base' versions of them but we can unlock/upgrade new appearances. Basically jazz up the mount equipment to be a whole pile of cosmetics you could mix & match, plus maybe a dye option (both the mount & equipment) to change up the theme (which would help match up a lot more mounts to whatever class you're on). I think having us want to seek more options for existing mounts we enjoy would be more fun than offering up a bajillion new alternatives till we can barely decide which to use.

i dont care about how unique something is

10+ Year Old Account

Which will you choose?
    Uhm.. Can I go with option C?

A functional mount and I don't care if people have it, as long as it has a function (Functions being vendors, auctioneers, mogging, 2 or 3-seater) and of course, gotta be cool.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not answerable in the abstract. Even assuming I agree with what you are thinking of as 'cool', we don't know how cool the 2nd mount is. We really need to see specific examples of each.
    It can only be done in the abstract because if I post two mounts, one as the cooler one and one as the not as cool one, then there will be people who think the non cooler mount looks better.

Think of a mount that you think is really cool, I think the Ashes of alar is really cool. Then think of a mount thats slightly less cool, I think the Amani war bear is cool but less so than ashes.

Which one would you choose? Of course if I literally list these mounts some people might think “well I like the Amani war bear better anyway so I’d choose that”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm.. Can I go with option C?

A functional mount and I don't care if people have it, as long as it has a function (Functions being vendors, auctioneers, mogging, 2 or 3-seater) and of course, gotta be cool.
    Your answer is clearly the one that you think is cooler then.

Guys this question isn’t that hard. It’s breaking down how important rarity is lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting question!
    I’d take the cool mount which everyone too had, but only if the less cool mount would be SO uncool, it actually would be cool.
    You know like a huge pile of turds(shit) on rollerskates -> YES!
    or
    A t-rex with moustache and sunglasses riding two alpacas with tuxedos -> No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Well depends...

I mean it is subjective I have the normal Brewfest Ram THAT mount is rare but not exactly cool as it looks like every other ram mount. It has a nice I was there and I actually grinded it out vibe. I like it but its rarely my goto mount
    Pick a mount that you think is slightly cooler than that one then, but only slightly, and imagine every single person in the game has it. And you had to choose to ride one of them, which one will it be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your answer is clearly the one that you think is cooler then.

Guys this question isn’t that hard. It’s breaking down how important rarity is lol.
    Nope. To me, the importance is to have more mounts with functions implemented a little deeper in the system so it isn't just straight-up parchase. Could use a mount with bank function..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Interesting question!
    I’d take the cool mount which everyone too had, but only if the less cool mount would be SO uncool, it actually would be cool.
    You know like a huge pile of turds(shit) on rollerskates -> YES!
    or
    A t-rex with moustache and sunglasses riding two alpacas with tuxedos -> No thanks.
    In the context of my question the other mount is still dope, but just slightly less dope.

Think of maybe the difference between the Amani war bear and the cata Amani war bear.

I guess I can give an example of my own....

I think the warlock class mount in vanilla is cooler than baron rivendares mount.

But if I had barons mount, I would ride it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope. To me, the importance is to have more mounts with functions implemented a little deeper in the system so it isn't just straight-up parchase. Could use a mount with bank function..
    Why do people not understand how polls work lol. I’m not asking you what you look for in a mount specifically. This question is basically “is rarity a deciding factor at all when it comes to mounts” but it’s asked in a hypothetical situation.

Clearly for you it’s not, you just said it wasn’t, so you would go with the one you thought was cooler.

Jfc it isn’t that hard to get lol