Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Let me help you out. The act of purchasing gold for real money was once completely illegal in World of Warcraft. Your lack of reading comprehension makes your pedantry quite ironic.
    And it still is - you know that, right? It is STILL against the rules to purchase gold. Its important to me that you know this hasnt changed, at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Think of it like morals and ethics. We have our own basis.
    But he didnt say it was immoral or unethical, he said it was cheating. Its not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And it still is - you know that, right? It is STILL against the rules to purchase gold. Its important to me that you know this hasnt changed, at all.
    Here, let's go over what you said, together --



    I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Buying gold for real money was once considered cheating by Blizzard. To still feel that way about the game is completely valid. And in that view, it's cheating. And nothing you say can change the fact that he still feels that way. And he's right -- in that sense -- it is.
    You replied with:

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, buying gold off Blizzard has NEVER been considered cheating - EVER. Buying it from 3rd parties was and still is against the rules. So im sorry, but you are wrong as well.

    That is where your reading comprehension failed you. Either that, or you are purposely misconstruing what was said to save face.


    Hopefully this has cleared things up for you.
    You think you don't, but you do

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Here, let's go over what you said together.

    I said:

    You replied with:

    That is where your reading comprehension failed you. Either that, or you are purposely misconstruing what was said to save face.

    Hopefully this has cleared things up for you.
    Blizzard have NEVER sold gold, and they still dont. Buying gold for real money always has been, and most likely always will be against the rules. The purchase you make for real money is a token - a token that represents game time. This game time is then on-sold to another player for gold, which you receive as payment for the game time.

    Buying gold for real money has always been against the rules, and this hasnt changed.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-30 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  4. #44
    And now you dig yourself an even deeper hole. Bizarre hill to die on, but to each his/her own.

    You just said, and I quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Blizzard have NEVER sold gold, and they still dont. Buying gold for real money always has been, and most likely always will be against the rules.
    Thus contradicting your original statement to me:

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, buying gold off Blizzard has NEVER been considered cheating - EVER. Buying it from 3rd parties was and still is against the rules. So im sorry, but you are wrong as well.

    You admitted you can buy gold off blizzard. And here you are now saying "they've NEVER sold gold, and still don't"
    You think you don't, but you do

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    And now you dig yourself an even deeper hole. Bizarre hill to die on, but to each his/her own.

    You just said, and I quote:



    Thus contradicting your original statement to me:




    You admitted you can buy gold off blizzard. And here you are now saying "they've NEVER sold gold, and still don't"
    Its never been considered cheating to buy gold off of blizzard because they never have sold gold, and still dont - i was hoping you would read between the lines and understand what i was getting at without having to spell it out. Buying gold for real money is against the rules, and the only exception in the future would be if they did decide to change their stance and offer gold directly to the public for real money, most likely if the game ever went F2P - I doubt it would happen, but it might.

    Anyway, back to the topic, my opinion stands - find something you enjoy, that also rewards gold - either directly or indirectly, and you will have far better gains in the long run. There may be a more lucrative method out there, but if you hate doing it, you wont.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-30 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  6. #46
    With decent gear and depending what class you are playing, most of the BFA mythic dungeons are soloable. Can give a decent amount of gold, plus there are a few mounts you can farm. Island Expeditions can be a good source of gold, especially if you get the decent transmogs, also some mounts to farm. TBH just doing the daily callings is a good source of gold at the moment

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    With decent gear and depending what class you are playing, most of the BFA mythic dungeons are soloable. Can give a decent amount of gold, plus there are a few mounts you can farm. Island Expeditions can be a good source of gold, especially if you get the decent transmogs, also some mounts to farm. TBH just doing the daily callings is a good source of gold at the moment
    I got lucky with the 2h sword - which happens to be a xmog i really like. Sold it for an obscene amount of gold early on, then bought one for myself for 1/20th the price later on. I mentioned this earlier too, its not just about raw gold - items, xmog, mounts, toys and pets should be taken into consideration when doing these things, if those things interest you at all. Even if they dont, xmogs, and pets in particular can net pretty impressive returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Well I really cannot understand this at all - It very clearly doesnt breach the rules in any way, as it is literally encouraged and fully supported by Blizzard
    Just because blizz compromises the game integrity themselves doesn't mean all players are okay with it.
    There's a difference between something being right and something being legal.
    It's not right nor does it feel right at all from a gameplay perspective to achieve anything in game by doing overtime at work and using said money to buy gold in game.
    The fact that blizz is the middle man in the process is not relevant.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Just because blizz compromises the game integrity themselves doesn't mean all players are okay with it.
    There's a difference between something being right and something being legal.
    Just because someone doesn't like a new system, does not mean those who choose to partake in it are cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  10. #50
    That thread escalated kinda quickly folks...? It's not about your moral values...

    I sell Warbear Leather. It's not the fastest but its kinda fun (got so much stacks that i can sell now for about ~10k g per 12 Leathers.
    Transmogs may work as well.
    Not a big fan of flipping items.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    The fact that blizz is the middle man in the process is not relevant.
    Its the only relevant factor - since they define what is and is not cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  12. #52
    Being born american is cheating.

    Ok let's stop this discussion?

    I made the thread to discuss gold making ways.

  13. #53
    Classic mmo-community to derail a thread about ingame gold-making into back and forth flaming about gold-selling and tokens.

    My gold farm right now is just having my capped alts level up their adventure table and snipe any augment rune missions.
    Best gold/hour for me without resorting to AH flipping or boosting.

    Also don't skip callings you can do in less than 5 minutes, like the maw "kill 3 rares" one.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just because someone doesn't like a new system, does not mean those who choose to partake in it are cheating.
    Reading through all of your comments literally gave me a fucking headache. You are so dense it's baffling.

    His comment:
    I'm not looking to call anyone a cheater, just talking about myself.
    Your comment (paraphrasing):
    He's calling people that buy tokens cheaters.
    He literally said in his comment that as far as Blizzard and everyone else was concerned, it wasn't cheating. But you were too dense to realize that and starting spewing out semantics and arguing with everyone left right and center. He was never even remotely implying that by buying or selling a token that you were cheating, but rather that to him, personally, buying gold for real money would lessen the enjoyment he had in it because it's not something he earned himself.

    You got so hung up on what - in your mind - constitutes cheating that you, ironically enough considering your own comments include things like "i was hoping you would read between the lines and understand what i was getting at without having to spell it out", completely failed to read between the lines of his comment.

    It very clearly doesnt breach the rules in any way
    Well it's a good thing he never said it broke any rules, he even said "obviously I'm not saying you'll get banned for it" which implies that he's very aware it doesn't break any rules.

    Meanwhile this entire time you've been going off about how he's "objectively wrong" on a topic that is, when not taken at literal face value, entirely subjective.

    it is literally encouraged and fully supported by Blizzard
    If you've ever played Warcraft 3 or Starcraft, maybe you're familiar with things like PowerOverwhelming, GreedIsGood, ThereIsNoCowLevel, ISeeDeadPeople. All cheats, all "fully supported by Blizzard." If someone played a campaign with any of those cheats enabled, you'd still consider it cheating. Them being "fully supported" is not a sole determining factor for if something is "cheating" or not and is, quite frankly, a weak argument in any other case.

    Now before you get all uppity and rage at me, let me be clear: Buying a token is not cheating. Selling a token is not cheating. These are clear and established facts. But the point I'm trying to get across is that he never said it was, not really. Yes, he used the term "cheating" but just because it's a convenient catch-all statement that you all latched onto like he was attacking your child.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And it still is - you know that, right? It is STILL against the rules to purchase gold. Its important to me that you know this hasnt changed, at all.

    - - - Updated - - -



    But he didnt say it was immoral or unethical, he said it was cheating. Its not.
    Cheating TO HIM. If it is to him, then it is. Personal opinions are personal. Cheating isnt a legal requirement to be met but a moral one. Like I said, by yours and others definition, using max gold, invincibility, all weapons, unlimited ammo etc cheats in games also wasn't cheating. Yet almost everyone regards those as cheating the game.

    OP - Daily callings are 2k'ish per day. Plus usually a few hundred gold from the world quests if you want easy/quick but relatively low numbers. Leveling alts is pretty quick (6-8 hours each from 50-60) and nets something like upto 20k gold from the leveling then gives you an extra calling per day possible. When you get the triple in a zone - Elite, training 3 WQ and 100% completion bar you can sometimes get all 3 done depending on the zone and layout in 20mins for 6k gold etc. 5x characters and now you have 30k gold + from 2 hours playing. Add in mission tables and they can net an easy 500+ per day per character and if you choose missions correctly can also be anima positive to work.
    Grinding leather/herbs/cloth/ore can be good still if you find a good spot (including older expansions). There is still some good farms I believe using old treasure potions, though I havent tried for awhile. One was trash clearing Bastion of Twilight raid with treasure potion on upto the first boss and resetting.
    Also just doing old raids/LFR/Heroic/Mythic etc can be really good raw gold. LFR ones can be queued easily from a person leading to easy vendoring and low travel. Some others also have valuable BoE drops associated plus pets can be worth abit to sell. More alts once again can make this easier.
    If you hear of any good farms, try to do them ASAP, its usually not long before a nerf hits them (like the dogs running in at the edge of Vale in MoP which as a mining Monk could net 10s of thousands of gold per hour effortlessly but they got nerfed to no longer drop items.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You personal view can still be objectively wrong, and as you are seeing, it certainly looks that way.
    I think we have different views on what counts as cheating, I agree with him.

    If there was an exam where you were fully permitted to copy other people’s work, would you consider it cheating if you did so? I would, on the grounds that you’re cheating yourself regardless of if it’s allowed or not. That’s similar to a WoW token surely?

    Perhaps cheating isn’t the best word, but it’s a cop out in my eyes and I’m sure many others.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    selling wow tokens, $20 is nothing in comparison to how much time/effort farming $20 worth of gold requires.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Exactly this. Real dollars are easier to farm by far than in game gold.
    Yes because life standard in every single world country is exactly the same...
    Check for example Venezuela situation where it is more worth for living to farm in-game gold and sell it than have normal job.

    ... and your responses are not even an answer for OP question...

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes because life standard in every single world country is exactly the same...
    Why would you make that silly assumption ?

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Why would you make that silly assumption ?
    Where is 'silly' part in my response?
    20$ can have totally different real value depending on the place where you live... or how much you earn in your job.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Where is 'silly' part in my response?
    Assuming that everyone on the planet has the same income is the silly part.

    Hope that helps.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •