Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Assuming that everyone on the planet has the same income is the silly part.

    Hope that helps.
    Uhh... i do not think you understood my post at all...

  2. #62
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,990
    from what i see, getting a max rank legendary craft generates sh8tload of gold, it is hard to get to that rank first but investment is massively rewarded
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  3. #63
    As someone that enjoys goldmaking (haha Chinese person enjoying gold farms, how funny) there are generally 2 major ways to make gold without getting specific.
    1. The "Fast" way, this is anything to do with current content, making pots, farming herbs, ores, crafting stuff. Why fast? Because it's needed so you will sell it very quickly.
    2. The "Slow" way, this is way way way way more lucrative, but you need a lot more knowledge, I won't give specific examples here as some markets only have room for a couple of people.

    Generally method 1 will generate around 60k/hour or so if you have it set up, a bit less on some bigger servers. If you generate less look into another herb/craft/ore
    Method 2 has no real cap, but this requires creativity, there are plenty of different areas where you can make insane profits, but it's usually very slow, as in, you might sell something every 30-60 days, so you want a huge inventory. I don't sell any transmog myself, but transmog falls under this category..

    I've made 18.7 million since Shadowlands released, but I've been planning a lot of the income streams since the middle of BFA.
    Last edited by Sialina; 2021-04-30 at 10:21 AM.

  4. #64
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    35,019
    This thread isn't about real-world economics nor specifically about the WoW token, let's pivot back to the actual topic of the thread concerning gold-farming in WoW.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Do you mean trash mobs? because I think it's impossible to solo bosses. What kind of spec/gear do you need for this and what's the best spec for it? I suppose you make high amount of raw gold with this right?
    Yeah I have seen most tanks pull it off though each has certain bosses they can't do and takes roughly a mythic ilv to accomplish.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Blizzard have NEVER sold gold, and they still dont. ...
    Since you love being pedantic, I'll play too. Blizzard DOES sell tokens that you can exchange for gold. They didn't used to and now they do. So you could argue that they do in fact sell gold, but it's sold in the form of a token and has market forces that define the value.

    All the semantics and pedantry in this thread is hilarious.

    OT: I've never bought a token but gold/hr. buying a token for gold would absolutely be the most efficient use of my time. However, I understand that $20 for others is significantly different than $20 for me.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Assuming that everyone on the planet has the same income is the silly part.

    Hope that helps.
    It was... Very obviously sarcasm. Good heavens. Did the seriously not give that away?

    Wow. You must be arkanon.

  8. #68
    Doing the weekly emissary things for a hefty chunk of grey vendorables then doing the occasional old raid for transmog had given me enough gold. There's a huge rift between "enough for what you need like leveling your professions, crafting your legendaries, etc." and "enough to buy things literally just built to be gold sinks like expensive mounts and pets." You'd only need to resort to cheesing the game by buying gold if you're after the latter.

    And of course pick every node as you go. Even farmed they're pretty hefty gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Buying gold for real money was once considered cheating by Blizzard. To still feel that way about the game is completely valid. And in that view, it's cheating. And nothing you say can change the fact that he still feels that way. And he's right -- in that sense -- it is.
    Except it isn't. It isn't cheating. If it was then Blizzard wouldn't provide a service. Rules can change. Blizzard changed them. Remember when it was OK to multibox with software to help you control all of the characters? That wasn't cheating until Blizzard decided it was cheating. You can still be objectively wrong about something and have feelings about it. It is still wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Let me help you out. The act of purchasing gold for real money was once completely illegal in World of Warcraft. Your lack of reading comprehension makes your pedantry quite ironic.
    So was allowing women to vote. Your argument is akin to saying that allowing women to vote feels wrong so it is wrong. Objectively wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Wait, since when is 'Cheating' always definite and set in stone. Many people have different values and beliefs on what constitutes cheating and what isnt, regardless of rules either agreed to or expected but unspoken.
    Always. It is irrelevant what peoples values are. Cheating is an action that goes against the rules. It is objectively false for somebodies beliefs to override rules of a game.

    I dont agree with his view, but if to him it is cheating to buy a token for gold, than the only person who can say he's wrong in himself. Personal opinions are just that. They arent defined by others views or rules. Think of it like morals and ethics. We have our own basis.
    Cheating is not a morals and ethics type argument. It is cheating or it isn't. There are clearly defined rules in place. Buying a token from WoW is within the rules. Therefore it isnt cheating. Your beliefs do not change this.

    Also, by your logic, every single cheat code in every single game ever made isnt a cheat, seeing as it was specifically written into the game to be used and you suffered no consequences for using them. I have never heard anyone saying using the invincibility cheat code to easy mode complete the game wasnt cheating compared to someone playing through normally. In fact those cheat codes were specifically banned from use in competitive play because... they are cheats!
    Now you're comparing a dev tool left in game because it was the easiest way to set up situations where testing could occur. Yes it is called a cheat code. No, there were consequences. At the very least using a cheat code cheats you of the satisfaction of completing the game. Some games would recognize a game used a cheat code and you couldn't use it to post a high score. Those are two very real consequences from using a cheat code. Just because something is in game doesn't mean it isn't cheating. In the vast majority of cases the cheat codes are not actually in the manual and are actually hidden because they are not meant to be used by the player but because of technical limitations they couldn't be removed. The fact that cheats were banned from competitive play proves this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Why would you make that silly assumption ?
    I don't think you are familiar with the concept of sarcasm

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I don't think you are familiar with the concept of sarcasm
    Then you think wrong. Hope that helps.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  12. #72
    Always fun to come back to a thread after a day and see it's gone completely batshit.

    Anyway, one point I do think it's important to make, and I hope mods forgive one last post about tokens, is that Blizzard does not sell gold, the token moves gold between players, so it has no impact on the game's economy. That's another reason why it's pragmatically probably a good thing, because it reduces the number of goldfarmers generating raw gold and inflating the currency. That doesn't render it any more palatable for me personally, but it's pretty clear nobody gives a fig about that!

    Anyway, if you're really looking to pump up your bank account and don't want to sell tokens, I suggest the r/woweconomy subreddit. That's all they talk about there. There are also a bunch of YouTubers focusing on the subject.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •