Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best solo gold farm right now?

I suppose gathering/crafting is infested with bots so the inflation kills your income. However, there are markets where bots have no access so the items there are sold for more. What is currently the best solo gold farm markets without bots to drag you down?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I suppose gathering/crafting is infested with bots so the inflation kills your income. However, there are markets where bots have no access so the items there are sold for more. What is currently the best solo gold farm markets without bots to drag you down?
    Nobody would tell you, that would decrease there income.

Nobody would give away the top ways to make gold, even youtube gold makers give people old stuff while they try to stare people away from what they are doing till they find something better and give out the old method they use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast boost runs.

selling wow tokens, $20 is nothing in comparison to how much time/effort farming $20 worth of gold requires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    selling wow tokens, $20 is nothing in comparison to how much time/effort farming $20 worth of gold requires.
    Depends, people legit earn something like token worth in gold in 40 mins.

I personally just sell tokens because fuck farming, but I know a guy that pumps about that in no time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    Nobody would tell you, that would decrease there income.

Nobody would give away the top ways to make gold, even youtube gold makers give people old stuff while they try to stare people away from what they are doing till they find something better and give out the old method they use.
    There are plenty of was to make gold that are not impacted or influenced by others doing the same - at least not directly. Selling boosts is one great example, and the garrisons was another one. You are right that some people will find a little spot to sit and farm mobs endlessly for skins / gold, but those are usually extremely obvious to anyone who plays the game - those spots are usually occupied by some boomkins and a brm monk.

It all comes down to your preferred method of making gold. Personally, i used to run a lot of old raids, as it had 2 benefits for me - the gold + gold from items, and the transmog/mounts. This was my preferred method, even though it was not the most efficient way to get gold. Playing the auction house is its own minigame altogether, and although I dabbled in it back in wrath / cata, I found it extremely tedious and boring, although the gains were steady, and sometimes quite lucrative.

It all depends on where you are starting from, how much time you want to dedicate to it, and how much gold you want. For someone with 300k gold, they might be wanting to triple or quadruple that, there are limited options. For a newer player with 6k gold, they might want to get to 50k gold. For them, they have substantially more options. If you have a bunch of alts sitting around 40-50, leveling them through to cap can actually bring in a not insignificant amount of gold, especially if you level 6 or 7 toons and then funnel all that gold to your main. But if you hate leveling toons, its a terrible idea.

I know plenty of people with hundreds of thousands of gold who have never actively tried to build their gold - just playing the game for a very long time and never really buying anything they dont absolutely need. Is that a large amount of gold/ entirely subjective. For those whos main objective is to build wealth, its nothing, spare change. For someone just starting out thats a distant dream for them.

Side note - i have made a maybe 200k just by holding on to silly little toys and pets when they are introduced to the game, and selling them at a later date, or, if you are VERY early to the party, sell them immediately - basically, just sell when supply is very low. When dino island opened up in MoP, I headed straight there when the servers came up, and was fortunate enough to have a pet drop for me immediately. Zero on the AH, I advertised it in chat for offers, and someone gave me 85k for it. I then went back the next day, and got a different pet - by the time i got back to the AH, they were selling for roughly 5k, with the highest (oldest) auction still up for 50k - thats how fast the supply outstrips demand, especially with something quite easy to farm.

Every expac launch i clear my bags / banks out like everyone else, and i grab all the toys and cosmetic stuff i have and check the AH - its mindblowing what some of it is worth.

- - - Updated - - -

I avoided this suggestion because people will immediately dismiss it. For anyone in full time employment, I absolutely agree with you - 100%. For those who are students or unemployed, $20 is a lot of money. Many of these people have plenty of time, but very limited money, so although what you are saying is true for some, it is not true for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Selling tokens is the best time/value investment possible for nearly everybody, but it's about more than that to me, it's about the sanctity of the game. Once I cheat at a game, it's no longer fun for me. That's just my perspective.

It's all academic for me anyway as I've still got nearly 10m gold left over from legion mission tables even after buying the AH mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Selling tokens is the best time/value investment possible for nearly everybody, but it's about more than that to me, it's about the sanctity of the game. Once I cheat at a game, it's no longer fun for me. That's just my perspective.

It's all academic for me anyway as I've still got nearly 10m gold left over from legion mission tables even after buying the AH mount.
    Sure, ill bite - So you consider selling tokens to be "cheating" at wow?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Yes, anything outside of the game giving a material in-game benefit is cheating, as far as I'm concerned. Obviously I'm not saying you'll get banned for it, and I'm not looking to call anyone a cheater, just talking about myself.

Pragmatically, token sales probably make the game better for everybody by reducing goldfarmer fraud, spam, and resource competition. Still, it is what it is.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-04-30 at 01:13 AM.

Yes, anything outside of the game giving a material in-game benefit is cheating, as far as I'm concerned. Obviously I'm not saying you'll get banned for it, and I'm not looking to call anyone a cheater, just talking about myself.

Pragmatically, token sales probably make the game better for everybody by reducing goldfarmer fraud, spam, and resource competition. Still, it is what it is.
    Well I really cannot understand this at all - It very clearly doesnt breach the rules in any way, as it is literally encouraged and fully supported by Blizzard - It isnt dishonest or unfair either. Or are you suggesting that it is "cheating" because not everyone is able to pay the $20 to buy the token? In which case, everyone who plays wow is cheating because not everyone can afford the sub? You must understand it is a very unusual stance to take.

Exactly this. Real dollars are easier to farm by far than in game gold.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Well I really cannot understand this at all - It very clearly doesnt breach the rules in any way, as it is literally encouraged and fully supported by Blizzard - It isnt dishonest or unfair either. Or are you suggesting that it is "cheating" because not everyone is able to pay the $20 to buy the token? In which case, everyone who plays wow is cheating because not everyone can afford the sub? You must understand it is a very unusual stance to take.
    ...this is MMO Champion where everythings cheating and P2W if you try hard enough

Yes, anything outside of the game giving a material in-game benefit is cheating, as far as I'm concerned.
    That's just objectively incorrect... this would mean raiding is cheating, having a good computer is cheating, having a better internet connection is cheating.

I mean - being a better player would be cheating by your definition.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's just objectively incorrect... this would mean raiding is cheating, having a good computer is cheating, having a better internet connection is cheating.

Being a player at all would be cheating as by paying for the game and a sub, you have gained an advantage over those who cant afford the game and sub. All said its just a VERY strange stance to take.

If Blizzard was selling items on the store that could only be purchased for real money, and did not exist in the game itself, that had power attached, this would be a different discussion. Even then, i would hope most people would call that P2W rather than cheating, although it could be argued it fit the definition of cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Oddly it would mean buying a token for gold ISNT cheating but selling one is.....

That's right, buying tokens with gold wouldn't impact my enjoyment of the game in the least. I don't do that because I don't care about the $15.

I went out of my way to make it clear this was just my personal view and I wasn't judging anyone else, I hope that came across.

That's right, buying tokens with gold wouldn't impact my enjoyment of the game in the least. I don't do that because I don't care about the $15.

I went out of my way to make it clear this was just my personal view and I wasn't judging anyone else, I hope that came across.
    You personal view can still be objectively wrong, and as you are seeing, it certainly looks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You personal view can still be objectively wrong, and as you are seeing, it certainly looks that way.
    Ahh, the internet. Don't ever change.

Ahh, the internet. Don't ever change.
    Blizzard disagree with you, and they literally write the rules for the game. When you make your own game, you can freely define what is and is not cheating. You have literally zero authority here to claim doing something well within the rules, and even encouraged by the people who write the rules is somehow "cheating". Its not even a grey area, or bending the rules - its a system introduced by the makers of the game to be used for this exact purpose.

Ether you have no idea what "cheating" means, or are just being wilfully ignorant, but no matter how you try to twist it in your own mind, selling a token is in absolutely no way cheating, no matter what definition you try to use.

Without selling boosting I think soloing bfa raids gives the most but it requires extensive gear to do and only a handful of specs can.

Depending on your server while not a solo farm islands can make very high gold per hour depending what transmog items are dropping on the given week.