Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Blizzard disagree with you, and they literally write the rules for the game. When you make your own game, you can freely define what is and is not cheating. You have literally zero authority here to claim doing something well within the rules, and even encouraged by the people who write the rules is somehow "cheating". Its not even a grey area, or bending the rules - its a system introduced by the makers of the game to be used for this exact purpose.

Ether you have no idea what "cheating" means, or are just being wilfully ignorant, but no matter how you try to twist it in your own mind, selling a token is in absolutely no way cheating, no matter what definition you try to use.
    I think we're taking this waaay out of proportion here

In a way hes saying its against his own personal code and enjoyment to spend real money on gold...to him its like using an infinte gil cheat on Final Fantasy 7 it takes something away from the game if you literally just buy it...its almost in a sense cheating

Its not the same as lets say 2 glad players win trading or someone using a bot or an autokicker...but to him personally its a form of cheating he doesnt want to take part in

I can understand that point in the same way I wont ever buy a boost from a player...Im not against its existance but i see it as I pay money to play a game not have it played for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    to him personally its a form of cheating
    Its not - at all - under any definition of the term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Its not - at all - under any definition of the term.
    Cheating is breaking a rule

Its not breaking WOW's rule but its breaking HIS rule

That's not how this works - that's not a rule, that's a personal preference. Context matters, and in the context of the game, this is not cheating.

I personally wouldn't do X" - totally understandable and acceptable.

"X is cheating" - rubbish

"I know doing X is absolutely not cheating, but I have decided to make my own rules up, and make it against my made up rules, then publicly explain that doing X is cheating since I made my own rules up that directly contradict the established rules" holy molly thats some mental gymnastics right there.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-30 at 03:52 AM.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

That's not how this works - that's not a rule, that's a personal preference. Context matters, and in the context of the game, this is not cheating.

I personally wouldn't do X" - totally understandable and acceptable.

"X is cheating" - rubbish

"I know doing X is absolutely not cheating, but I have decided to make my own rules up, and make it against my made up rules, then publicly explain that doing X is cheating" holy molly thats some mental gymnastics right there.
    Except you ignored all the context he said himself it was PERSONAL and that HE saw it as kind of cheating as TO HIM it ruins something for the game...instead of reading what he said you saw one word and decided he was an idiot..hell i did the same thing I saw it as kinda silly but then I you know acted like a rational human being

Except you ignored all the context he said himself it was PERSONAL and that HE saw it as kind of cheating as TO HIM it ruins something for the game...instead of reading what he said you saw one word and decided he was an idiot..hell i did the same thing I saw it as kinda silly but then I you know acted like a rational human being
    But he's completely wrong - you know people can be wrong about things, yes? There is no reality, in game or in your head, where legitimately purchasing a token and selling it in game, as intended by the game developers, is "cheating". People dont get to just make up their own random "rules" and then say breaking them is "cheating". Like i explained very clearly, its totally acceptable to have personal standards and preferences that you choose to follow, no issue at all, but stating that selling tokens in game is cheating is objectively false and entirely inaccurate.

But he's completely wrong - you know people can be wrong about things, yes? There is no reality, in game or in your head, where legitimately purchasing a token and selling it in game, as intended by the game developers, is "cheating". People dont get to just make up their own random "rules" and then say breaking them is "cheating". Like i explained very clearly, its totally acceptable to have personal standards and preferences that you choose to follow, no issue at all, but stating that selling tokens in game is cheating is objectively false and entirely inaccurate.
    ....ok let me put it in a way you can understand

He thinks its cheating HIMSELF not THE GAME.

Gray areas do exist you know

Not here they dont - the rules are very clearly outlined, and selling a token is not cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Without selling boosting I think soloing bfa raids gives the most but it requires extensive gear to do and only a handful of specs can.

Depending on your server while not a solo farm islands can make very high gold per hour depending what transmog items are dropping on the given week.
    Do you mean trash mobs? because I think it's impossible to solo bosses. What kind of spec/gear do you need for this and what's the best spec for it? I suppose you make high amount of raw gold with this right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Still making easy/fast gold from my services in Goldshire.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Moonguard has joined
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's right, buying tokens with gold wouldn't impact my enjoyment of the game in the least. I don't do that because I don't care about the $15.

I went out of my way to make it clear this was just my personal view and I wasn't judging anyone else, I hope that came across.
    You went out of your way to be wrong? That's a brave stance. You better be playing on dial up or you're cheating. Don't you fucking dare look anything up in wowhead. You cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Ahh, the internet. Don't ever change.
    I know. People with objectively wrong ideas being allowed to spread their ignorance while putting their fingers in their ears screaming "LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU. I CANT HEAR YOU". Oh wait. You can't hear me.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a rule. He doesn't have any rules. There are blizzards rules and then there is being wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Gets proven wrong and is now resorting to personal attacks. When did people stop doing the classy thing and just move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Being wrong is not a grey area. It's being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    "Services" you say? How interesting........Could you explain said "services" or are they a little too.....spicy for the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But he's completely wrong
    Buying gold for real money was once considered cheating by Blizzard. To still feel that way about the game is completely valid. And in that view, it's cheating. And nothing you say can change the fact that he still feels that way. And he's right -- in that sense -- it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Buying gold for real money was once considered cheating by Blizzard. To still feel that way about the game is completely valid. And in that view, it's cheating. And nothing you say can change the fact that he still feels that way. And he's right -- in that sense -- it is.

No, buying gold off Blizzard has NEVER been considered cheating - EVER. Buying it from 3rd parties was and still is against the rules. So im sorry, but you are wrong as well.

No, buying gold off Blizzard has NEVER been considered cheating - EVER. Buying it from 3rd parties was and still is against the rules. So im sorry, but you are wrong as well.
    More pedantry, and this time you're flat out wrong. Buying gold in World of Warcraft for real money was once considered cheating. Try again.

More pedantry, and this time you're flat out wrong. Buying gold in World of Warcraft for real money was once considered cheating. Try again.
    Oh dear - you are completely wrong - not a little, but 100% wrong. Nothing has changed - purchasing gold from a 3rd party was, and still is against the rules. This has not changed. Buying gold for real money is STILL against the rules. Purchasing a token from blizzard? that's something entirely different, and in no reality is it cheating.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-30 at 06:09 AM.

He literally said that tho. But he also said there's a big difference between gold sellers and Blizzard making an official way to do it.

Oh dear - you are completely wrong - not a little, but 100% wrong. Nothing has changed - purchasing gold from a 3rd party was, and still is against the rules. This has not changed.

Let me help you out. The act of purchasing gold for real money was once completely illegal in World of Warcraft. Your lack of reading comprehension makes your pedantry quite ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You went out of your way to be wrong? That's a brave stance. You better be playing on dial up or you're cheating. Don't you fucking dare look anything up in wowhead. You cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. People with objectively wrong ideas being allowed to spread their ignorance while putting their fingers in their ears screaming "LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU. I CANT HEAR YOU". Oh wait. You can't hear me.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a rule. He doesn't have any rules. There are blizzards rules and then there is being wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Gets proven wrong and is now resorting to personal attacks. When did people stop doing the classy thing and just move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, since when is 'Cheating' always definite and set in stone. Many people have different values and beliefs on what constitutes cheating and what isnt, regardless of rules either agreed to or expected but unspoken.

I dont agree with his view, but if to him it is cheating to buy a token for gold, than the only person who can say he's wrong in himself. Personal opinions are just that. They arent defined by others views or rules. Think of it like morals and ethics. We have our own basis.

Also, by your logic, every single cheat code in every single game ever made isnt a cheat, seeing as it was specifically written into the game to be used and you suffered no consequences for using them. I have never heard anyone saying using the invincibility cheat code to easy mode complete the game wasnt cheating compared to someone playing through normally. In fact those cheat codes were specifically banned from use in competitive play because... they are cheats!