Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wonder what this might mean for An'she, if Elune is a member of the Pantheon of Life then maybe means An'she is as well (or at least what the Tauren interpret as An'she), if they need members to fill out their Pantheon of Life, Sun-based magic is already within the Balance spec for Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Wonder what this might mean for An'she, if Elune is a member of the Pantheon of Life then maybe means An'she is as well (or at least what the Tauren interpret as An'she), if they need members to fill out their Pantheon of Life, Sun-based magic is already within the Balance spec for Druids.
    That depends on whether they make An'she a character at all.
    From the little bit we got from him, it's implied he's just an expression of the Light.

If they do actually use him for something more and Elune ends up being part of the Nature pantheon, he could be the 'Eternal' representing/looking over diurnal life and Elune for nocturnal life.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2021-04-30 at 03:03 PM. Reason: See post below this one.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

An’she’s a dude btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That depends on whether they make An'she a character at all.
    From the little bit we got from him, it's implied he's just an expression of the Light.

If they do actually use him for something more and Elune ends up being part of the Nature pantheon, he could be the 'Eternal' representing/looking over diurnal life and Elune for nocturnal life.
    Considering what we're seeing of Elune and the WQ, and whatnot. If 9.2 doesn't focus on a Life Pantheon and whatnot, I'll be genuinely surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's ESPECIALLY since the Jailer's going all in on his BS potentially next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Can't wait for the Nap Pantheon after we've dealt with Dream Pantheon.

There's a pantheon for everything these days!
    After that the wake up with a hangover Pantheon. All dwarves and pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If you want echo chamber, wowhead is that way. Otherwise, people are free to voice their displeasure with the garbage Danuser and co. pull out of their collective anuses.
    You can do that, but publicly ranting about Danuser and co as a whole is not part of the topic and can be discussed with on its own merit. Dislike the writing of the lore here, yes. I am expressing my distastes and beliefs in a similar manner right now. But don't go around "knocking" the writers overall, when all we're doing is just talking about good or bad the story overall is, aight? Like, I can say "8.3 SUCKED ASS LORE-WISE", but it would be derailing a ton if I said "THIS IS STEVE DANUSER'S FAULT, THE SYLVANAS SIMP TRASH WRITER THAT HE IS (Which I don't think btw, just expressing what people will say in certain situations) as it leads to nowhere and comes across as mean spirited and dumb.

So, in a way, yes, you are free to discuss your distastes in the lore. You can criticize the writers too, but to actively say they're the ones making the story worse or anything like "HE IS JEALOUS CAUSE METZEN WAS BETTER THAN HIM AND ACTUALLY HAD VISION", etc is just purely rude and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Well, this reveal APPARENTLY depowers her, even though I don't think that's the case. But when you see how many people are upset that she isn't the cosmic god you see the issue.

A lot of people wanted her to be the biggest greatest goddess but if that was the case then yeah, Horde bad, Night Elves best, etc. And I know a lot of people would enjoy that but Blizz clearly doesn't want to go that route.

Horde wouldn't even HAVE an Elune race aside from tentatively Nightborne and Tauren, who don't even like the moon that much. Meanwhile Alliance has two that are integrally tied to Elune. She can't be the center of the lore or the game becomes World of Alliancecraft even harder than it already is.
    That's more the fault of the bad WoW writers. That in an attempt to replace the vagueness with which they dealt with the Kaldorei issues and that they are still one of their most iconic races, even if they don't like it.
    They seem to solve everything by giving it more power without plot.
    (or so I see it)

In W3 Malfuerion was not stronger than Trall and Elune was just another "goddess".
    At that level of power Elune could be only of the Kaldorei without automatically returning the bad guys to the Horde.

Now that elune is the "older" goddess, the Horde are the bad guys, no matter how much Elune comes out and kills the Kaldorei. There is still Cenarius.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    That's more the fault of the bad WoW writers. That in an attempt to replace the vagueness with which they dealt with the Kaldorei issues and that they are still one of their most iconic races, even if they don't like it.
    They seem to solve everything by giving it more power without plot.
    (or so I see it)

In W3 Malfuerion was not stronger than Trall and Elune was just another "goddess".
    At that level of power Elune could be only of the Kaldorei without automatically returning the bad guys to the Horde.

Now that elune is the "older" goddess, the Horde are the bad guys, no matter how much Elune comes out and kills the Kaldorei. There is still Cenarius.
    Ironically this is what we seem to have returned to. It's just that it's one of the things that is more W3 than it is WoW.

"BUT IN WC3, MALFURION WAS-"

In Warcraft 3...

This is years after WC3, and things have grown, we've seen more shit, and Elune's identity has been revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    This is years after WC3, and things have grown, we've seen more shit, and Elune's identity has been revealed.
    Eh, I wouldn't go that far. We know that the Winter Queen considers Elune her sister, sure; but that *all* we know. We have still to this day neither directly observed or even heard Elune. We've no idea what she looks like, sounds like, nor anything about her personality that's not a matter of inference. Elune's identity is pretty far from known, IMO.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't go that far. We know that the Winter Queen considers Elune her sister, sure; but that *all* we know. We have still to this day neither directly observed or even heard Elune. We've no idea what she looks like, sounds like, nor anything about her personality that's not a matter of inference. Elune's identity is pretty far from known, IMO.
    The fact that she is close enough to a pantheon god to be considered a "sister" is what has created this tizzy. People think it both disrespects the titans (no mention of Eonar, who made Ysera) AND depowers Elune from a potential creationist to just another pantheon god.

I guess. From what is confirmed, I would assume she's part of a Pantheon. Either she's an Eternal, or a being of Life. That's basically all I can really get from this tbh.

Highly disappointed if true. Elune being just another pantheon/eternal one. I was hoping she was the be all godess in the Warcraft Universe.

At least let us see her soon then. She better be hot, and not Princess Theradras lookalike.

The fact that she is close enough to a pantheon god to be considered a "sister" is what has created this tizzy. People think it both disrespects the titans (no mention of Eonar, who made Ysera) AND depowers Elune from a potential creationist to just another pantheon god.
    Eonar likely has connections to Elune aswell, the same way the Prime Naaru do, so who cares? And nothing is depowering Elune. If anything, this powers up the Eternal Ones, since this supposedly mighty goddess is the sister of the Winter Queen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Highly disappointed if true. Elune being just another pantheon/eternal one. I was hoping she was the be all godess in the Warcraft Universe.

At least let us see her soon then. She better be hot, and not Princess Theradras lookalike.
    "All goddess"

Imagine ignoring the existence of the First Ones...

"All goddess"

Imagine ignoring the existence of the First Ones...
    Imagine assuming shit.

Honestly, Eonar is probably the reason why Elune knows titan words to begin with.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Ironically this is what we seem to have returned to. It's just that it's one of the things that is more W3 than it is WoW.
    The problem is, Thrall is alone now. Vs
    Malfurion, Velen, Tyrande, Anduin, Jaina, Maiev.
    PS well he has Talanji and Voljin let's say?

"BUT IN WC3, MALFURION WAS-"

In Warcraft 3...

I mean:
    Malfurion / Tyrande / Elune is so strong that he can beat the Horde alone but he cannot defend Teldrazill.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Imagine assuming shit.
    She's never been an all goddess, and multiple factors have the First Ones as the top deities of WoW. So, idk what to tell ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Honestly, Eonar is probably the reason why Elune knows titan words to begin with.
    Basically. I also always loved the idea that Elune used her Life stuff to aid the Light and Order, hence the Eonar stuff + the Prime Naaru. Would also explain why she's called "upstart" by the Void and "vexing" by her own sister. Would also explain why her sister would feel "abandoned/left out" as a result.

I think it falls under the auspices of "you can't miss what you never had" for me. We never knew and still don't know Elune's nature - what she is, what her upper limits are, and where she falls in the cosmology are all equally unknown. The Winter Queen not mentioning Eonar isn't really disrespect insofar as I can reckon, she feels the touch of Elune on Ysera and recognizes her sister's involvement, and that's pretty much all. Elune hasn't been "de-powered" in any sense I can gather, and beyond the fact that she has some kind of relationship with the Winter Queen she remains as elusive and unknown as she always was.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I think it falls under the auspices of "you can't miss what you never had" for me. We never knew and still don't know Elune's nature - what she is, what her upper limits are, and where she falls in the cosmology are all equally unknown. The Winter Queen not mentioning Eonar isn't really disrespect insofar as I can reckon, she feels the touch of Elune on Ysera and recognizes her sister's involvement, and that's pretty much all. Elune hasn't been "de-powered" in any sense I can gather, and beyond the fact that she has some kind of relationship with the Winter Queen she remains as elusive and unknown as she always was.
    Imagine if 9.2 is about the Jailer's invasion on Azeroth and all existence, and we learn that Elune is part of the Pantheon of Life, and we have to get her and the other Pantheon member's aid in order to help slap the Jailer from existence once and for all.

- - - Updated - - -

Like in 9.2, Elune and the WQ fuckin' meet up and we see her for the first time. Bruuuhhhh

idk why people are upset that elune isnt some supreme overlord of everything.
    this was NEVER even implied, except for that one small side comment about her being a true goddess. if i had a cent for every one of those comments from blizz that didnt turn out to be true, id have bobby koticks salary by now.
    elune has never shown any really outstanding power, neither in WC3 nor in WOW, and also hasnt done anythig herself, except shagging a stag.

whats truly annoying about this whole thing is that its yet another "mystery" casually revealed and ruined.
    the story used to be fun bc of the many unknown elements, places and creatures that got people to theorize. but blizz has been using all of that up pretty rapidly, and (more importantly) with pretty dissapointing reveals, the last couple of addons.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.