Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    "To knock Elune from her seat being the most powerful being in the WoW Universe?"

    ...Please tell me you're joking.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Then your first comment in this thread made no sense.

    Anyway, I'm out. I get too geeky now. This was fun
    I asked how powerful the First Ones were, cause despite Elune's supposed great power, she's the Winter Queen's sister, despite theories earlier from people implying she was "One of the First Ones".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, she left. Well, it is what it is.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "To knock Elune from her seat being the most powerful being in the WoW Universe?"

    ...Please tell me you're joking.
    Well you gave it to me on a silver plate. What do you think his plan is?



    I asked how powerful the First Ones were, cause despite Elune's supposed great power, she's the Winter Queen's sister, despite theories earlier from people implying she was "One of the First Ones".


    Oh, she left. Well, it is what it is.
    My bad, I should have written why that comment was out of place in my eyes, updated the previous post with a question.

  3. #223
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I did want Elune to be more, but her being an Eternal One is fine, as it would also give us more of an insight as to how powerful these fuckers actually are outside of stupid ass interview statements that hold no weight outside of hype material and asspulling.
    Even if they were literally sisters it really wouldn’t mean any thing to how powerful
    They are as we already have figures like deathwing who was many times more powerful then the other siblings or even the Titans who vary in strength.

    Interview statements would still take precedent over little mentions like this which tell us nothing of actual power.

  4. #224
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I've talked about Eonar and Elune's supposed connection before,
    And so? I was using the examples to point out they might make the terrible decision to make Elune and Eonar out as the same character in some way this expansion with how confused their connections have become rather than keeping them separate and distantly connected as they did in Legion.

    ...and in regards to that shit with the Pantheon of Life...

    Need I remind you the Pantheon of Death never existed till this expac?
    Yes that's called confirmation (and arguably terrible world building writing considering there has been lack of in-universe hints to their existence both in-game and in text format) and that is decidedly lacking for a Pantheon of Life as of yet. You may assume that one exists but it's a fairly weak argument to discuss their importance and membership based on an assumption that may or may not happen. And since we have no indication that Elune has membership of or a position in a Pantheon of Life (or light as others have referenced) or even know if such a group exists it doesn't really have any presence in the current story. All we have Elune and a 'newly established' connection to the Eternal Ones through the admittance that 'she has had a sister all this time'.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It was never confirmed, just speculated. Most people thought she was referring to Eonar or someone we don't know.
    It was obvious she was referring to Elune, but MmO cHaMpIoN y'all.

  6. #226
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post


    Elune is the Winter Queen's sister. Sadly I think this confirms she's not a First One. There goes my theory.
    She might still be a first one, for being of their type, it would not be so odd to create a "sister" to pass time and then dump them when bored.
    Moderators on this site are, to put it nicely, morons. They believe any opinion contrary to popular ones are either trolling or flaming or baiting. They can not comprehend the fact that there can be people who would utterly detest what they like or million others like. Well, it is their site and their "Authoretaeh" but they are morons nonetheless.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Even if they were literally sisters it really wouldn’t mean any thing to how powerful
    They are as we already have figures like deathwing who was many times more powerful then the other siblings or even the Titans who vary in strength.

    Interview statements would still take precedent over little mentions like this which tell us nothing of actual power.
    Deathwing was also corrupted by the Old Gods, and the Aspects lost a portion of their power VIA amping up the Dragon Soul (Which was the Demon Soul, at the time). And the Titans don't really "vary" in strength tbh. Sargeras, even when Fel corrupted, had a massive ass battle with the other Titans and only won because of the Dark Titan's Fel Magics. Granted, we don't know the true powers of Elune, but we can assume they're connected heavily with Light and Nature, SPECIFICALLY Nature.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    She might still be a first one, for being of their type, it would not be so odd to create a "sister" to pass time and then dump them when bored.
    Except the First Ones are the Progenitor's of Existence and serve as the level above the Cosmic Pantheons. Why tf would you "make a sister" yet that sister is a descendant of what you were/are?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    And so? I was using the examples to point out they might make the terrible decision to make Elune and Eonar out as the same character in some way this expansion with how confused their connections have become rather than keeping them separate and distantly connected as they did in Legion.


    Yes that's called confirmation (and arguably terrible world building writing considering there has been lack of in-universe hints to their existence both in-game and in text format) and that is decidedly lacking for a Pantheon of Life as of yet. You may assume that one exists but it's a fairly weak argument to discuss their importance and membership based on an assumption that may or may not happen. And since we have no indication that Elune has membership of or a position in a Pantheon of Life (or light as others have referenced) or even know if such a group exists it doesn't really have any presence in the current story. All we have Elune and a 'newly established' connection to the Eternal Ones through the admittance that 'she has had a sister all this time'.
    Your assumption that Blizzard would make them the same character is actually kinda weird, considering it's pretty fuckin clear they're not. I get your worries, but chillax?

    "All we have Elune and a 'newly established' connection to the Eternal Ones through the admittance that 'she has had a sister all this time'." Funny how this destroys your entire past argument, as Blizzard can do whatever shit as it goes. And I've already talked about Nature and its connection with Elune. I know no Pantheon's been implied yet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that Elune ain't a part of it.

  8. #228
    Meh... I would have liked her to have a "Summer Queen" sister from the Emerald Dream. Would have made much more sense as to why she can't stand her (being her opposite) - which, would lead to the reveal of a Life Pantheon and an Emerald Dream expansion.

    Damn, the dialogue during the ritual in that quest is so cringy... why do they have to make everything so childish?

    So, now that Elune is part of the Pantheon of Death, as an Eternal One, the powers Tyrande wields are, actually, closer to Sylvanas' than was thought before, as they both draw from the same domain. Having Vashj in Maldraxxus poses an excellent opportunity to connect all three for a Ranger class. If only there was some way to link the Sea Witch's powers to the Shadowlands....

    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    If Elune is the Sister to the Winter Queen (figurative or literal, doesn't matter) it could be that Korthia is Elune's Shadowlands realm before she abandoned it. Korthia is described as the Sister Forest to Ardenweald: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Precious_Roots
    Basically, lining up with my Korthia and Tyrande thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    idk why people are upset that elune isnt some supreme overlord of everything.
    this was NEVER even implied, except for that one small side comment about her being a true goddess. if i had a cent for every one of those comments from blizz that didnt turn out to be true, id have bobby koticks salary by now.
    elune has never shown any really outstanding power, neither in WC3 nor in WOW, and also hasnt done anythig herself, except shagging a stag.


    I don't know why people want a lunar goddess to be the ultimate character of WoW. It's such an anti-climactic thing...
    Read First! (Very Important)
    Dear Scrapbot or Moderator:
    Before you, recklessly, hand out an infraction - if i, accidently, broke the rules without being aware, i would very much appreciate a warning first, in the manner of a green text/edit or a private message.
    Thank you in advance.

  9. #229
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Except the First Ones are the Progenitor's of Existence and serve as the level above the Cosmic Pantheons. Why tf would you "make a sister" yet that sister is a descendant of what you were/are?
    Why can't that be? You are thinking this from your own mortal perception, that doesn't apply to this this kind of beings. You need to complete think outside the realm of possibility and logic when this kind of entities are concerned.

    I am not saying that Elune is indeed a First One. This is just a possibility I am talking about.
    Moderators on this site are, to put it nicely, morons. They believe any opinion contrary to popular ones are either trolling or flaming or baiting. They can not comprehend the fact that there can be people who would utterly detest what they like or million others like. Well, it is their site and their "Authoretaeh" but they are morons nonetheless.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    idk why people are upset that elune isnt some supreme overlord of everything.
    this was NEVER even implied, except for that one small side comment about her being a true goddess. if i had a cent for every one of those comments from blizz that didnt turn out to be true, id have bobby koticks salary by now.
    elune has never shown any really outstanding power, neither in WC3 nor in WOW, and also hasnt done anythig herself, except shagging a stag.

    whats truly annoying about this whole thing is that its yet another "mystery" casually revealed and ruined.
    the story used to be fun bc of the many unknown elements, places and creatures that got people to theorize. but blizz has been using all of that up pretty rapidly, and (more importantly) with pretty dissapointing reveals, the last couple of addons.
    In truth if they showed you that it was something very powerful in chronicles.
    Where it was the only thing that could not be explained and in the grand scheme.
    So they made it clear that she would be above 6 forces. (Although not necessarily stronger).

    Although I emphasize that the truth is that they do not like the kaldorei and did not explain anything new about them in all chronicles. We don't even know why they are part of the Alliance yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    She might still be a first one, for being of their type, it would not be so odd to create a "sister" to pass time and then dump them when bored.
    You know I think it's something that goes with Elune's personality.
    And that she really got bored with the Kaldorei or something.
    And before she got bored with the trolls.

  11. #231
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Deathwing was also corrupted by the Old Gods, and the Aspects lost a portion of their power VIA amping up the Dragon Soul (Which was the Demon Soul, at the time). And the Titans don't really "vary" in strength tbh. Sargeras, even when Fel corrupted, had a massive ass battle with the other Titans and only won because of the Dark Titan's Fel Magics. Granted, we don't know the true powers of Elune, but we can assume they're connected heavily with Light and Nature, SPECIFICALLY Nature.
    The aspects got there dragon soul taken power back and still couldn’t stop deathwing 4v1.

    Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither.

    And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Why can't that be? You are thinking this from your own mortal perception, that doesn't apply to this this kind of beings. You need to complete think outside the realm of possibility and logic when this kind of entities are concerned.

    I am not saying that Elune is indeed a First One. This is just a possibility I am talking about.
    I am thinking quite outside the box. I don't see how an ancestor can call a descendant a "sister". Those are conflicting words lmao. I get it's in the realm of Possibility, but I'm of the idea that she's a part of a Life Pantheon.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Wicked View Post
    If one exists, do kindly refer me to the dedicated 'Danuser hate group' thread
    who was danuser? i tried wiki'ing him but only found some hunter in trueshot lounge and a reference that said hunter was named after a WoW Dev

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    To knock Elune from her seat being the most powerful being in the WoW Universe?
    how can you knock someone from a seat they never sat on tho?

    sorry to burst ur fanboy bubble my friend, but her being the most powerful being in the universe was just ur headcanon all those years.
    no proof or even real indication of that ever existed.
    in fact, most things point to the opposite right now
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-04-30 at 04:55 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

    He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

  15. #235
    Bloodsail Admiral tommyhil622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,248
    No surprise, i been saying this for a long time now but many were hung up over Eonar when almost every bit of evidence pointed to Elune. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The aspects got there dragon soul taken power back and still couldn’t stop deathwing 4v1.

    Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither.

    And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp.
    Are you talking about the WoE? Cause they were still weakened, and the Soul was still being used for and against the portal for Sargeras. As for the Dragon Soul raid, Thrall was the only guy at the time that could harness its power + the other Aspects power, AND AFTER THAT...AFTER THAT...

    DEATHWING WAS GIVEN MORE JUICE BY N'ZOTH!!!

    "Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither." He was the Champion, yeah. But during Aggramar's battle with Sargeras, they were essentially even, with Aggramar only losing because of Sargeras' fel power slowly weakening the Titan buddy. ;(

    "And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp."

    Well, I always assumed she was more-so a personification of Life in its true state. Meaning, she could also have ties with the Light aswell, the same way the WQ has ties with Death.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    who was danuser? i tried wiki'ing him but only found some hunter in trueshot lounge and a reference that said hunter was named after a WoW Dev
    Essentially, he's the guy that removed Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch, and is the dude talking about the Cosmic "influences", the First Ones, etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Meh... I would have liked her to have a "Summer Queen" sister from the Emerald Dream. Would have made much more sense as to why she can't stand her (being her opposite) - which, would lead to the reveal of a Life Pantheon and an Emerald Dream expansion.

    Damn, the dialogue during the ritual in that quest is so cringy... why do they have to make everything so childish?

    So, now that Elune is part of the Pantheon of Death, as an Eternal One, the powers Tyrande wields are, actually, closer to Sylvanas' than was thought before, as they both draw from the same domain. Having Vashj in Maldraxxus poses an excellent opportunity to connect all three for a Ranger class. If only there was some way to link the Sea Witch's powers to the Shadowlands....



    Basically, lining up with my Korthia and Tyrande thread.





    I don't know why people want a lunar goddess to be the ultimate character of WoW. It's such an anti-climactic thing...
    You do realize Elune can still be "the summer/spring queen", yes?

  17. #237
    not much of a spoiler... I mean she refers to Ysera as "her sister's pet" when you're first doing the story quests, before they reveal it's Ysera in the egg.

  18. #238
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    15,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    who was danuser? i tried wiki'ing him but only found some hunter in trueshot lounge and a reference that said hunter was named after a WoW Dev
    Steve Danuser, the current Lead Narrative Designer for wow.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2021-04-30 at 05:05 PM.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  19. #239
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Are you talking about the WoE? Cause they were still weakened, and the Soul was still being used for and against the portal for Sargeras. As for the Dragon Soul raid, Thrall was the only guy at the time that could harness its power + the other Aspects power, AND AFTER THAT...AFTER THAT...

    DEATHWING WAS GIVEN MORE JUICE BY N'ZOTH!!!
    the dragon soul was destroyed at some point returning there powers I’m 90% sure it was after the whole red dragon rape thing in wc1-2 I think in one of the cata dragon books.

    The dragon soul used in the dragon soul raid was taken from the past as it had been destroyed by then.

    "Sargaras was also always the strongest of the Titans that’s why he was in charge of fighting the twisting neither." He was the Champion, yeah. But during Aggramar's battle with Sargeras, they were essentially even, with Aggramar only losing because of Sargeras' fel power slowly weakening the Titan buddy. ;(
    it could very well be that they were near power but sargaras was still stronger and the others much weaker. Given that we aren’t likely to get a power chart all we really know is sargaras was the top dog and then put further ahead with fel.


    "And ya they were both amped in power but Elune is light based so even if she’s an eternal one it wouldn’t be out of whack for her to be way stronger due to a light amp."

    Well, I always assumed she was more-so a personification of Life in its true state. Meaning, she could also have ties with the Light aswell, the same way the WQ has ties with Death
    Light and life are pretty separate things the two magics really aren’t shown to overlap much at all and given that elune has been tied to the narru and her priest use the light instead of Druidism it’s a pretty safe bet that she’s more light then life.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It puts Elune in an explicable tier and capable of having familial or interpersonal relationships.
    No, it doesn't. We already knew she was capable of having relationships, we've met her son and his father in person, neither of which is anywhere near her level. It does not give us any idea of where she is powerwise even if you assume she's similar to the Winter Queen, as we don't actually know the Winter Queen's power level either, and there's no guarantee they're actually on the same level.

    We learn next to nothing about Elune from all this other than that there is some connection between her and the Winter Queen and the latter sees her as family.

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    The Winter Queen calling Elune "sister" does suggest she's on a similar power level.
    I disagree. It doesn't suggest anything about power. The Eternal Ones not referring to the First Ones in general as brethren isn't really evidence for anything either. WQ and Elune may still have a personal close relationship even if Eternal and First Ones as a whole don't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •