Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    So dumb. Should've been Eonar like anyone with a IQ higher than 50 assumed it would be.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-04-30 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Oh so if Winter’s Queen sister is Elune, the Azeroth’s moon then Shadowlands realm is somehow connected to the cosmos. Interesting.
    I so hope we get a void expansion taking place on the moons. Also, what was it about a serpent watching from the outside that those crazy doomsayers in Dalaran were mumbling about?

    Edit: Found the quote I was talking about.

    An Emerald Dawn.

    An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow.

    The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.

    It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.

    <Strange glyphs and writing in an unknown language cover the rest of the scroll.>


    One of the bosses from the Violet Hold also mentions a blind serpent watching from the endless skies.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-04-30 at 12:05 AM.

  3. #23
    Why would the Void expac take place on Azeroth’s moon mainly?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    So dumb. Should've been Eonar like anyone with a IQ higher than 50 assumed it would be.
    Cool, anyone that doesn't agree with your theories is dumb. How does this help any discussions?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  5. #25
    I mean, I was already convinced she was Elune.

    What this makes her, is less clear. Given her connection to the Lifelands such as the Emerald Dream, and Ysera, Cenarius and his father, an Eternal One of the Life Lands sounds most likely.

    But her connections to celestial power, and the Naaru are making this funky. She could still be something greater, if the Winter Queen is like, the baby sister.

  6. #26
    Pandaren Monk Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It’s Elune.
    That has never been confirmed. The fact of the matter is that they were canonically given to the keepers by the Titans, with the inference being that they were all created by the Titans. It is nothing but speculation to assert that it is definitely a creation of Elune. There is some, albeit tenuous, evidence of this, but it has never even been remotely confirmed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Are you serious
    Given that the Pillars of Creation were objects given to the Keepers by the Titans and all had powers relevant to them, yes.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    That has never been confirmed. The fact of the matter is that they were canonically given to the keepers by the Titans, with the inference being that they were all created by the Titans. It is nothing but speculation to assert that it is definitely a creation of Elune. There is some, albeit tenuous, evidence of this, but it has never even been remotely confirmed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Given that the Pillars of Creation were objects given to the Keepers by the Titans and all had powers relevant to them, yes.
    Rather unfortunately, it seems like this is all irrelevant because this "tear of Elune" has nothing to do with the Pillar of Creation.

    Sadly, it appears as though Danuser continues to wank these rather flat randos we were just introduced to by giving them more and more lore relevance. You see, you can't create a new set of interesting characters when you can create characters about as interesting as clue and connect them to Sargeras and Elune in ways that diminishes both of them by making Sargeras having been tricked by the Jailer this whole time and Elune being apparently roughly of the same kind as this random nobody who is of the same species as the guy we curbstomped effortlessly in a single raid with no outside empowerment.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    That has never been confirmed.
    Read the quest text.

    Description: Take MY SISTER'S TEAR
    Objective: Bring the TEAR OF ELUNE

    Other than directly saying that it's Elune, they couldn't possibly make it any more obvious

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Why would the Void expac take place on Azeroth’s moon mainly?
    Elune, void, space, eyeless serpent watching from beyond. Just makes sense to go to Elune's territory to seek answers or help.

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    That has never been confirmed. The fact of the matter is that they were canonically given to the keepers by the Titans, with the inference being that they were all created by the Titans. It is nothing but speculation to assert that it is definitely a creation of Elune. There is some, albeit tenuous, evidence of this, but it has never even been remotely confirmed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Given that the Pillars of Creation were objects given to the Keepers by the Titans and all had powers relevant to them, yes.
    What does this have to do with the pillars of creation? Did you read the thread? It's not THAT tear of elune.
    Hi

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    So dumb. Should've been Eonar like anyone with a IQ higher than 50 assumed it would be.
    Why the hell would they be hinting at a character we already know about? A character who we know is already preoccupied with one of Azeroth's greatest threats?

    She'll return once Sargeras is dealt with. There's no story to lead anywhere if Eonar was the Winter Queen's sister. That should have been your first hint to who her sister was in the first place.

  12. #32
    Pandaren Monk Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What does this have to do with the pillars of creation? Did you read the thread? It's not THAT tear of elune.
    OK, you lads got me. If the quest is referring to a Tear of Elune, which isn't the Tear of Elune that we've had in game for 5 years, but some secret Tear of Elune that is also a Tear of Elune but not the Tear of Elune we already know of, I'm willing to concede that I may be referring to another, albeit the original, Tear of Elune and the quest is referring to a new, intentionally confusingly named other item called the Tear of Elune. But realize that would be like having a quest text saying "Get Aluneth", but not that Aluneth, the new Aluneth which has no lore or context behind it other than the fact that it is called Aluneth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Read the quest text.

    Description: Take MY SISTER'S TEAR
    Objective: Bring the TEAR OF ELUNE

    Other than directly saying that it's Elune, they couldn't possibly make it any more obvious
    Yes, the quest text that very clearly shows that the Winter Queen appears joyful that her sister did not abandon her, almost as though she was brought something that made her think so, was secretly harboring another Tear of Elune. It is not remotely possible, given the limited text provided, that the Tear of Elune was brought to her and then used in another part of the quest. It's unthinkable.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    OK, you lads got me. If the quest is referring to a Tear of Elune, which isn't the Tear of Elune that we've had in game for 5 years, but some secret Tear of Elune that is also a Tear of Elune but not the Tear of Elune we already know of, I'm willing to concede that I may be referring to another, albeit the original, Tear of Elune and the quest is referring to a new, intentionally confusingly named other item called the Tear of Elune. But realize that would be like having a quest text saying "Get Aluneth", but not that Aluneth, the new Aluneth which has no lore or context behind it other than the fact that it is called Aluneth.
    Except Aluneth is an entity, you can't have more than one. Tears of Elune is an artifact but we don't know what's made out of or how it's made. Nothing states there can't be more than one.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Can you try not to turn this thread into a Danuser hate group, please?
    every thread should be a danuser hate group

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    every thread should be a danuser hate group
    Do you have anything to actually contribute here?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Igloo
    Posts
    494
    uuuuugggghhhh, Elune was said to be the only true god that we knew of in the WoW universe, why are they retconning it!
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

  17. #37
    Dreadlord Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Do you have anything to actually contribute here?
    Just report them and move on. If they wanna get infracted for something so stupid, more power to them.

    That being said, I think it was kinda obvious that the sister was Elune, only because the titans themselves never really had anything pointing at them as far as Shadowlands.

    Supposedly (and I don't know where I read this, so take it with a grain of salt), the First ones are stronger than the titans (perhaps another set of First Ones made the titans?), it wouldn't make much sense if a First One was somehow related to a weaker creature in another pantheon so far removed from her own.

    I'm really excited to see what they do with Elune though.
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    every thread should be a danuser hate group
    Danuser’s not that bad

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Just report them and move on. If they wanna get infracted for something so stupid, more power to them.

    That being said, I think it was kinda obvious that the sister was Elune, only because the titans themselves never really had anything pointing at them as far as Shadowlands.

    Supposedly (and I don't know where I read this, so take it with a grain of salt), the First ones are stronger than the titans (perhaps another set of First Ones made the titans?), it wouldn't make much sense if a First One was somehow related to a weaker creature in another pantheon so far removed from her own.

    I'm really excited to see what they do with Elune though.
    I do hope we see Elune next patch or summ

  19. #39
    Dreadlord Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    uuuuugggghhhh, Elune was said to be the only true god that we knew of in the WoW universe, why are they retconning it!
    That information was based on character assumption, not actual fact.

    The fact people take it as gospel truth is hilarious tho.

    Not retconning has occured.
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post


    Elune is the Winter Queen's sister. Sadly I think this confirms she's not a First One. There goes my theory.
    There's also a reference to her in the french version of one of the quests with the Stonewright(I think that's her name) that seemingly indicates she serves her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •