Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So thats a nerf to elune, related to the types of the winter queen, but i guess it should have been expected since they have been nerfing her a while being unable to intervene for her priestesses death and fate in the maw but also that leatherworking quest in bfa saying tyrande controls the majority of elunes power, i imagine that constalletion isnt even an actual one but just visually visible only in ardenwealde, or she is being weakened by something but that would mean shes much stronger than her sister or was anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    So thats a nerf to elune, related to the types of the winter queen, but i guess it should have been expected since they have been nerfing her a while being unable to intervene for her priestesses death and fate in the maw but also that leatherworking quest in bfa saying tyrande controls the majority of elunes power, i imagine that constalletion isnt even an actual one but just visually visible only in ardenwealde, or she is being weakened by something but that would mean shes much stronger than her sister or was anyways.
    It is hard to say, she got after 8.1 a lot more powerful and was still growing in strength. Also it was stated that this is just the Night Warrior aspect of Elune. So not sure how reliable that leatherworking quest is in bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    No? That implies she restored Ysera in an incomplete form on purpose. That's absurd. Beyond absurd lmao
    So? That doesn't matter to the razor. Least assumptions, not "least assumptions i don't agree with".

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    In the gallery of writing errors deciding to explain Elune is among the highest tier. Also apparently in the same quest that we snip Tyrande's figurative balls before she even does anything:

[IMG]

The latter was obvious the second she defied great Anduin, of course, but the former really should've had at least someone in the writing room figure out what an atrocious move it is to explain the foundational mystery behind the setting's only true deity. A bit like making that deity not actually be tied with the night elves exclusively but with a whole host of people.
    Tiny kink there: None of this actually explains anything about Elune other than her relationships. And you're looking straight at a pair of adopted mother/daughter, so adopted siblings wouldn't be to far out there. There's clearly a concept of familial relationsships without blood ties in the 'verse.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Denathrius lost to us with Covenant and Anima amps + Memory Magic infused Legendaries.
    Being empowered by kleia or pelagos or theotar or emeni really is not that impressive power wise and the legendaries are powerful but less so than the artifacts or the heart of azeroth (also dunno if we wear 1 or a full set, likely 1 but maybe not) so Denathrius is pretty underwhelming since we didn't have any direct power up during the fight.

Sigh... Why? Why couldn't they make Elune into a unique being. Was it really that hard?

Also, I really hate it when they decide to shoehorn random lore that never existed before and is confusing. Like the whole Mother/Daughter thing between Tyrande and Shandris. She actually called her mother and Tyrande called her daughter.

17 years and this was never a thing until now. It's like Go'el all over again.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2021-04-30 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Sigh... Why? Why couldn't they make Elune into a unique being. Was it really that hard?
    I'd like to see your evidence that she isn't. So far we only know she has a sister, her powerset may well still be unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    wait, the tear of elune as in the pillar of creation?
    Apparently a different incarnation than the Pillar itself? It's a bit unclear to me as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Apparently a different incarnation than the Pillar itself? It's a bit unclear to me as well.
    Pretty sure the whole ordeal created a brand new Tear.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-04-30 at 12:19 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Pretty sure the whole ordeal created a brand new Tear.
    That was my takeaway as well, but I wasn't 100% sure.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    This does not mean that Elune is not a First One.

in royal families.. it is possible for 2 daughters to have different ranking.. One becomes a queen while the other remains a princess.

It isn't a 1 to 1 parable, I know, but its the best I can summarize it on 2hr of sleep. Also, remember we are dealing with cosmic level forces. Their hierarchy is undoubtedly different.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd like to see your evidence that she isn't. So far we only know she has a sister, her powerset may well still be unique.
    There's more evidence that she is though. The eternal ones call Zovaal their brother, so they are brothers and sisters too. If Elune is the sister of the Winter Queen then that makes her the same as the others. She's still an Eternal One regardless if shes stronger or not. I wanted her to be her own thing, beyond a Titan or an Eternal one.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's lame that they knocked down Elune to measly eternal ones power level instead of an actual god. It also means that since her sister has a physical form then Elune must too and got fucked by a giant deer instead of Elune creating Cenarius using her and Malorne's essences. I dont think they really thought this through......
    jesus that was much more vivid for me than i thought it would be

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Being empowered by kleia or pelagos or theotar or emeni really is not that impressive power wise and the legendaries are powerful but less so than the artifacts or the heart of azeroth (also dunno if we wear 1 or a full set, likely 1 but maybe not) so Denathrius is pretty underwhelming since we didn't have any direct power up during the fight.
    People tend to forget Denathrius split his power between the medallions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Also, I really hate it when they decide to shoehorn random lore that never existed before and is confusing. Like the whole Mother/Daughter thing between Tyrande and Shandris. She actually called her mother and Tyrande called her daughter.

17 years and this was never a thing until now. It's like Go'el all over again.
    So, someone’s either a fake Night Elf fan or hasn’t been caught up with fuckin Cata lore and beyond.

Cause Tyrande is literally akin to Shandris’ adoptive mother. The fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I actually did forget this. Thank you :3

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this.

I preferred Elune as a mystical goddess that the Night Elves worshipped, something unknowable and mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post

in royal families.. it is possible for 2 daughters to have different ranking.. One becomes a queen while the other remains a princess.

It isn't a 1 to 1 parable, I know, but its the best I can summarize it on 2hr of sleep. Also, remember we are dealing with cosmic level forces. Their hierarchy is undoubtedly different.
    The top of the Eternal Ones are the Pantheon of Death, Elune is either an Eternal One that went rogue or is apart of entirely different Pantheon as a whole. The First Ones are the progenitors, the ancestors, the watchmakers. The other Pantheons are beneath them.

Elune being a First One would moreso mean she’s the WQ’s ancestor, and not so much her sister.

- - - Updated - - -

People wanna start downplaying the First Ones now? ������

Seen people on Twitter argue her still being a First One too. That’s funny asf, as much as it is wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just had a horrible thought, perhaps they're planning to equate that Eonar and Elune are one in the same in some fashion. Like Elune is the original and Eonar is an extension somehow. Even more terrible thought what if it turns out they reveal the whole "Eternal One going after a Titan Planet" plot isn't something new, that an Eternal One, Elune, already went after a Titan planet and achieved that goal.

I mean the Tear of Elune being a pillar of creation, Elune's presence being touched upon multiple words 'shaping them' almost, Elunaria being her personal hidey hole, the Winter Queen Connection, etc. They might just rough house in the worse possible handling of the revelation of one of WoW's biggest mystery characters by confirming she was once one of these Eternal One chuckle fucks and has actually been a Titan for the most of the time we've known her.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post

The First Ones created the Eternal Ones, unless they have some of weird understanding of familial structures for their species I doubt the Winter Queen would be referring to one of her possible creators as her sister. Especially when they're presented as subservient to them with how they dealt with the Jailer.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

So, someone’s either a fake Night Elf fan or hasn’t been caught up with fuckin Cata lore and beyond.

Yeah, like you said. But calling each other mother/daughter out of the blue will make people think they are blood related.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I don't like this.

I preferred Elune as a mystical goddess that the Night Elves worshipped, something unknowable and mysterious.
    Same, as I did with the Titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

That knowledge actually predates Cata by several years. Tyrande being Shandris' adoptive mother was revealed in the War of the Ancients trilogy that was released in 2005, 5 years before the release of Cata (and before even the release of TBC in 2007).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Each zone seems to have individuals that are right below their master like the paragons of the ascended and the lords of the houses in maldraxxus who i imagine have also been empowered by their leaders so i do not think he is that far off, also doubt he would give half his power to mortals and more of a fraction as in not enough to be that weak.