Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Sigh... Why? Why couldn't they make Elune into a unique being. Was it really that hard?

Also, I really hate it when they decide to shoehorn random lore that never existed before and is confusing. Like the whole Mother/Daughter thing between Tyrande and Shandris. She actually called her mother and Tyrande called her daughter.

17 years and this was never a thing until now. It's like Go'el all over again.

In truth this shows how poorly and underdeveloped the Kaldorei are even though they have a piece in almost all expansions.

Shandris is essentially the princess of the Kaldorei and I think most of them didn't even know who she was.

PS my theory:
    Elune a demonstrator to have powers of all cosmic forces.
    Elune is the "perfect" Daughter between the first of death and the first of life. I mean, she's a First.
    WQ is the "imperfect" daughter she is just an eternal.

Possibly at the end we will have 6 pantheons and the Elune pantheon will have a piece of each pantheon.

Theory two.
    The Kaldorei are elune's chosen people .. to destroy the legion.
    And the trolls were his chosen people to destroy the ancient gods.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-04-30 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    In truth this shows how poorly and underdeveloped the Kaldorei are even though they have a piece in almost all expansions.

Shandris is essentially the princess of the Kaldorei and I think most of them didn't even know who she was.
    Would be nice if there were questlines ingame explaining stuff from books.

Not really, if Tyrande dies she will not take over her position as High Priestess. She is Tyrandes foster daughter... that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I don't like this.

I preferred Elune as a mystical goddess that the Night Elves worshipped, something unknowable and mysterious.
    I think in the writers mind she still is and they are not necessarily wrong but this kind of stuff really does not help to keep it this way.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-04-30 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Not really, if Tyrande dies she will not take over her position as High Priestess. She is Tyrandes foster daughter... that's it.
    Even if she was her actual daughter that wouldn't be case. Besides Tyrande isn't a Queen even if some Night Elves like to call her that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Shandris isn't really the kind of person who would want to be viewed as a "princess" either figuratively or literally. Shandris is also the General of the Sentinel Army of the Kaldorei - they definitely know who she is, and before her ascent to general she led an elite cadre of Sentinels known as the Shadowleaves and distinguished herself in the Third War by defending Hyjal and Nordrassil.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That knowledge actually predates Cata by several years. Tyrande being Shandris' adoptive mother was revealed in the War of the Ancients trilogy that was released in 2005, 5 years before the release of Cata (and before even the release of TBC in 2007).
    Wanted to play it safe, hence why I said Cata. Haven’t read the WoTA books in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Well that's what I mean by "essentially". It's not really the prince. But she should have a fairly similar position in everything else. When in the Wow at the end she is one more general.

Would be nice if there were questlines ingame explaining stuff from books.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Shandris isn't really the kind of person who would want to be viewed as a "princess" either figuratively or literally. Shandris is also the General of the Sentinel Army of the Kaldorei - they definitely know who she is, and before her ascent to general she led an elite cadre of Sentinels known as the Shadowleaves and distinguished herself in the Third War by defending Hyjal and Nordrassil.
    I mean the players. And in a role-playing forum asked about Tyrande's daughter quests and many didn't even have any of her.

(Trsite story at the end I went from lvl and I could not do them)

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    The heavy ties to night, celestial symbolism, Ysera's bond and protective nature for Elune's children, Elune showing her favor by saving what she could of her soul in her final moments, the very cinematic playing during Ysera's questline, and character recency bias were enough to convince me that they were talking about Elune.

I can see why Eonar was a popular theory, but there were enough bread crumbs to make it only slightly less surprising than Denathrius siring the Nathrezim. I'm conflicted on if I'm okay with the outcome though. They really don't know what they want to do with Elune.

Elune was the only obvious choice in my eyes, so her being Elune's sister is not new to me at all. It was clearly referring to Elune during the quest.
    Eonar wasn't even an option

Gotta feel for Night Elf fans, Night Elves have been nerfed to the ground, all their characters are either dead, MIA or useless and now their "God" is gonna be put onto the same powerlevel as a Titans/Eternal One

Sigh... Why? Why couldn't they make Elune into a unique being. Was it really that hard?
    Usually the longer a story/setting goes on the less loose plot threads or story details you can leave in without elaboration, Elune as a mysterious goddess was never going to last (really i'm suprised it lasted as long as it did)

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So I just had a horrible thought, perhaps they're planning to equate that Eonar and Elune are one in the same in some fashion. Like Elune is the original and Eonar is an extension somehow. Even more terrible thought what if it turns out they reveal the whole "Eternal One going after a Titan Planet" plot isn't something new, that an Eternal One, Elune, already went after a Titan planet and achieved that goal.

I mean the Tear of Elune being a pillar of creation, Elune's presence being touched upon multiple words 'shaping them' almost, Elunaria being her personal hidey hole, the Winter Queen Connection, etc. They might just rough house in the worse possible handling of the revelation of one of WoW's biggest mystery characters by confirming she was once one of these Eternal One chuckle fucks and has actually been a Titan for the most of the time we've known her.
    I get the feeling Elune will be made part of the Pantheon of Life (Wild Gods seem to numerous and less powerful to be the Life equivalent of the Titans/Eternal Ones) makes sense to me to put the two sisters on the opposite pantheons (and from what little we know the Winter Queen and Elunes "relationship" seems strained), either that or the Light.

There's more evidence that she is though. The eternal ones call Zovaal their brother, so they are brothers and sisters too. If Elune is the sister of the Winter Queen then that makes her the same as the others. She's still an Eternal One regardless if shes stronger or not. I wanted her to be her own thing, beyond a Titan or an Eternal one.
    Not necessarily. It may simply be a turn of phrase suggesting a close relationship. This idea is hardly new, either; you can find plenty of instances were biologically unrelated people refer to one another with such terms, even in modern times.

You're reading a lot of things into this that aren't actually said.

7+ Year Old Account
    So Elune is part of the "pantheon" of either life or light since she's the sister of someone such as the Winter Queen
    Velen had already mentioned the similarities with a Naaru so...
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So Elune is part of the "pantheon" of either life or light since she's the sister of someone such as the Winter Queen
    If she is not from the Shadowlands, she is from the life lands (Summer queen).
    But from what we know of her powers, she is not limited to one cosmic force. So maybe she was at some point something eternal-like but ascendant into something beyond that. Hence why the Winter Queen says that Elune left her behind. Both also have very little in common. The Winter Queen just chills in Ardenwald while Elune seems very active in the realm of the living doing all sort of stuff.

Since we defeated Denathrius (as in, it was us, not "Tirion saving the day" or "Thrall using the Dragon Soul") and Elune is a sister of another Eternal One... It's hard to imagine us being able to just defeat Elune, the biggest mystery in the game and the only thing being close to actual god status... pretty sad tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we know Elune "abandoned" the WQ at one point.

Maybe on her way out she claimed some of the First One's power in some form or another, hence why she has ties to so many forces.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Maybe on her way out she claimed some of the First One's power in some form or another, hence why she has ties to so many forces.
    That is my current theory as well.

Would also explain why she is called "upstart goddess" by Xal'atath.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-04-30 at 01:20 PM.

Sargeras managed to use Fel magic despite that being his opposite force as a Titan (arcane), so could be a possibility. Xal'atath also calls Elune an "upstart goddess" so maybe Elune is using power that isn't nessessarily "hers" which could be the reason she's associate with Life, Light and Arcane magics while also being "sister" to a being of Death.

5+ Year Old Account
    This beggs the question. What pantheon is Elune a part of? She is not one of the Titans and not one of the Eternal Ones. So if not life or death, what? If Ardenweald is connected to the Emerald Dream, maybe there is a dream Pantheon.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's lame that they knocked down Elune to measly eternal ones power level instead of an actual god. It also means that since her sister has a physical form then Elune must too and got fucked by a giant deer instead of Elune creating Cenarius using her and Malorne's essences. I dont think they really thought this through......
    I mean, there's already fan-art of this, so I imagine some of the fans don't mind.

My thoughts as well. I think Elune started as a part of Pantheon of Death, with her own realm of Kortia, a sister forest to Ardenweald, but found a way to ascend to something more and left Shadowlands. With her departure, Winter Queen felt abandoned by her sister, thus being reluctant to help "her pet" at first.

Now what we know is that her powers are of Light, possibly Void as well (as reflected in some of Night Warrior's powers) and Life. Starting as a being of Death would mean she has powers in this source of power too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Maybe she’s an Eternal One that went rogue, or she’s apart of Life.